1determinedgal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The personal trainer I just hired...

I decided 2 weeks ago to start training for my first competition in October. I have some weight to lose but have quite a bit of muscle underneath! =) Against my better judgement I hired a trainer whom I thought was a friend of mine. I signed a contract and joined a gym which I didn't need to do but decided to so that I could have him train me. I showed up at the gym (a 30 minute drive) at 5 am this morning and was told that as of Monday he was no longer working at that gym, but that he was at a gym over an hour away. I am now locked into a contract and for lack of better terms..."got screwed!" AGAIN!!! Another trainer said that she would be more than happy to take me on as a client but has never competed nor assisted in training someone for a competition. WHAT should I do? Any suggestions would be helpful! =) Thanks!
    Life's too short so follow your dreams, accomplish your goals and be happy or make a change!

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is your contract with the trainer or the gym? If it's with the gym you might be stuck...usually they have a clause to get out but it's only good for a few days after joining.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Adam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 1determinedgal View Post
    I decided 2 weeks ago to start training for my first competition in October. I have some weight to lose but have quite a bit of muscle underneath! =) Against my better judgement I hired a trainer whom I thought was a friend of mine. I signed a contract and joined a gym which I didn't need to do but decided to so that I could have him train me. I showed up at the gym (a 30 minute drive) at 5 am this morning and was told that as of Monday he was no longer working at that gym, but that he was at a gym over an hour away. I am now locked into a contract and for lack of better terms..."got screwed!" AGAIN!!! Another trainer said that she would be more than happy to take me on as a client but has never competed nor assisted in training someone for a competition. WHAT should I do? Any suggestions would be helpful! =) Thanks!
    What reason did he give for not being able to train at the agreed upon location?
    "Rep points don't mean **** to me anyway... I know I know my ****... I don't need others to validate it." - PECS* (board member).

BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by The Adam View Post
    What reason did he give for not being able to train at the agreed upon location?
    What day did you sign the contract? There is usually a 3 day clause that you can use to get out of the contract without a penalty.

If you signed the contract with the trainer, you can get out of that contract pretty easily because he doesn't work near you. Even the most iron clad contract has a distance clause in it. (Only way I got out of my Bally's contract!)

If you're looking for a personal trainer that is there to physically push you, I would start interviewing trainers at local gyms that fit your needs. If you're just looking for a trainer to build a workout and nutrition program, one of us on here could probably help you out!

Best of luck!
    My Treadmill Goes to "11"!

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know at my gym, in the contract the clients sign, it says the gym can switch the trainer without notice. Kinda sucks, but it's such a high turnaround field....

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're preparing for competition don't work with a trainer who has never competed. Aside from the physical there is a whole psychological aspect to competition that must be addressed. I tell everyone as a rule not to work with unfit trainers either. I always hear the argument that they don't have to be in shape to get in you in shape. Of course we all know that's BS.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

RS3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your going to be competing, its a tough decision to make... Give the guy a shot? (especially if your already stuck in the contract) Try and work something out who knows if he has a decent amount of experience... and if you have been trained before to compete, you already know what your intensity level should be and what you need to do to attain your goals.
    PS... drop that "friend" of yours

johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnrss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dickhead! u should demand a refund
    http://johnmcevoycpt.blogspot.com

"60% of the time,
    it works everytime!"

1determinedgal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you all!

Thank you all for the great advice. I have a "free" hour session with Steph tomorrow to see if we are a "fit". She was personal trainer of the year last year so that counts for something. The manager of the PT's at the club has graciously offered moving me to another club and setting me up with a trainer that has experience with and has trained clients for a show. I told her that I would think about that and give her an answer after this weekend and my session with Steph. I may be able to work with Steph for the next month to focus on body fat loss and then move to a competition trainer so to speak. I am 19 weeks out from the show and have never competed so I will track my progress in the appropriate place on this site. Thank you all again!
    Life's too short so follow your dreams, accomplish your goals and be happy or make a change!

BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BicepGurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't work with a trainer that doesn't have experience training for competition. Coming from a personal trainer who has never done a show - its almost a whole different ballgame with nutrition, psychology, posing, suits....