Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000) Uz is a name known to all. (+5000)

Pain, and tightness above the elbow.

I've had this pain for a while now, I've been trying joint supplements, and it feels as though the pain in my elbow has subsided, but now I can feel pain right above the elbow, this is exactly where I can feel the tightness:

I've had to avoid any overhead tricep movements (skullcrushers, overhead extensions, etc.) Anyone have any ideas on how to subside any pain? I think it's inflammation of that tendon.

Tplunk31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is where im fealing pain. How did your's go away?

jeffdk630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tplunk31 View Post
    This is where im fealing pain. How did your's go away?
    Me as well, I have iced mine post workout to reduce inflamation. I have a popping in the tendon area when i do skull crushers and overhead extensions, both of which I have stopped doing. I began warming up better and warming up elbow/tricep on cable machine with very light resistance weight.

However, this comes back frequently. Any input from anyone?

Tplunk31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeffdk630 View Post
    Me as well, I have iced mine post workout to reduce inflamation. I have a popping in the tendon area when i do skull crushers and overhead extensions, both of which I have stopped doing. I began warming up better and warming up elbow/tricep on cable machine with very light resistance weight.

However, this comes back frequently. Any input from anyone?

I talked to my coach. I can't believe i didn't even know this. But he says its DOMS. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.
    Im used to lifting heavy and getting big, but for basketball its a different style of stuff. We had to do 125 pushups and if when we needed to rest we did 15 box jumps. But it was from a different workout and it was definitly intense

I did a lot of reading on difference between tendonitis and tendonosis, looks to be a tendonOSIS in my elbow, working to get it back to 100%....there's exercises recommended to do so.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    let's be clear:
    DOMS is a pain experience brought on AFTER a work out when doing unfamiliar loads or movement.
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2009/09/dom...yed-onset.html

Sounds like most folks here are talking about a pain that happens in a movement.

what's not clear to me is at what part of the movement you're feeling the issue?

and does it happen with all loads? all speeds?

as for itis/osis most sports medicos stop using these terms, and just talk about "opathies"
    here's a discussion of using eccentrics for tendon issues
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/04/ecc...-ideas-as.html

these can be great, BUT
    the cause may have nothing to do with the triceps, so focusing on the triceps mayn't be where the solution is. the site of pain is rarely the source of pain.

so you might want to get your movement and muscle firing checked by a pro.
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/07/how...les-arent.html

may find that the issue is in the shoulder or the wrists or neck or back or...
    mc

My discomfort (Not so much pain) comes primarily on tricep workout days and occasionally on chest workouts. It is RIGHT where that arrow points to on the original posters photo on "tricep tendon, just above my elbow. It only does it on movement, not so much sitting still other than tightness.

It honestly feels more like a popping for me, and that is what worries me. Is that more specific?

HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HayesJ99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How did this go? Recovery and all. Curious because I’m getting pain at the very bottom part of the truce where it connects to the elbow. Hurts once fatigued and doing any pressing movements / flexing it. Any help is appreciated.