Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SluttySamantha View Post
    My, the red bar on your rep power keeps getting longer every time you post. Can't imagine why?
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They do bother the rotator cuff in some people. Does this mean they're wrong for everyone - NO. If you do these and start developing problems , logically, stop doing them. If they don't bother you, God bless you.

There are many different pull up variations to choose from that get the job done. Find the ones that suit you. That's all.
    .x2
    Consistency

tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My, the red bar on your rep power keeps getting longer every time you post. Can't imagine why?
    It must have been your IQ. Why do you concern yourself with such things?

Let me put it another way - I'm not concerned about reps so neg away.

jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jack211 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by clive View Post
    I've recently started doing these and I've been told elsewhere there're not a good thing to do.
    I would be interested in what you guys might think about this.
    Cheers.
    i herd that it makes your rotatory cuff wider and then traps a small muscle in the sholder and does alot of damage it surgery i used to do loads now i do them to the chest beacuse of sholder pain

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    no and WTF?
    Originally Posted by tropo View Post
    So you are obviously as strong in behind the neck pulls as you are in pulls to the front. That's great.
    The behind neck position is a very unfavourable position for strength. What this means is that the exercise puts the body at a strength disadvantage due to position.
    Why? Wouldn't it recruit the pectoralis major more than usual since it would be more stretched out? A more strict form of adduction of the shoulder rather than the extension components when the elbows travel in front of the body?
    If a person weighs for example 245 lbs (that's my weight), then I'd be pulling 245 lbs behind my neck for the very first set. It's an invitation for injury. Tell me this, would you come into behind the neck presses starting at 245 lbs? Would you come into any exercise at that weight?
    Perhaps if I was used to training with such weights, though I'd likely do a warmup I guess.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    in my opinion, i have never done these at all. i tried them once and they hurt the hell out of my shoulders, and not in a good way whatsoever. so i stay away from them all the time. and as far as pulldowns to the back or shoulder presses to the back, i OCCASIONALLY do them at the end of a workout and very light for high reps. the shoulder girdle is very sensitive and if you hurt that you'll be out of it for a while so take care of it.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak