mstam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Need Help With Setting Goals

I am 20, about to turn 21 (thank god), I weigh approx. 155 lbs., and I have these measurements:

Neck: 14.125"
    Shoulders: 46"
    Chest: 36.25"
    Biceps (avg.): 12"
    Waist: 29.75"
    Hips: 35.25"
    Thighs (avg.): 20.25"

I have gone on and off lifting, but any gains I had really got shot when I decided to train hardcore for long-distance cross country for 10 months... especially with my legs.

I wanted to know any suggestions for goal settings with these measurements? I have the ability to lift 5-6 days a week and I have protein, creatine and ZMA. My metabolism also resembles a ****ing Ferrari.

Thanks in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    depends what you want. Do you want to be more muscular looking? Then pick a routine from the sticky threads and do it. Eat at a calorie surplus and get 175g of protein a day. See my sig

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    depends what you want. Do you want to be more muscular looking? Then pick a routine from the sticky threads and do it. Eat at a calorie surplus and get 175g of protein a day. See my sig
    Thanks man.

I forgot to mention that: my goal is muscle. I gave up running completely and I also don't play any sports in college that would need an athletic approach to my lifting.

I have a pretty solid routine figured out, I'm just looking for any suggestions on measurement goals.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mstam View Post
    Thanks man.

I forgot to mention that: my goal is muscle. I gave up running completely and I also don't play any sports in college that would need an athletic approach to my lifting.

I have a pretty solid routine figured out, I'm just looking for any suggestions on measurement goals.
    It's very simple. Just keep a log of how much you lift in the core exercises:
    - squat
    - dead
    - bench (or wide grip dip)
    - chins (or bb rows)
    - overhead press

Make sure these numbers go up every week. This is the best measure of progress you can hope for unless you have free access to a bodpod

idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idsfronttt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mstam View Post
    Thanks man.

since you are already athletic, and are used to doing cardio. I would first bulk up and build some muscle-mass, then once you feel like you are big enough, start doing your running and athletics again ON TOP of your weight lifting. You will be one shredded beast.

hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I personally wouldn't set measurement goals, as it can be discouraging if you dont reach them and cause you to ignore the overall progress you've made despite coming up half an inch short or whatever. Instead, I'd recomend either setting strenght goals (i.e. bench 200 lbs) or take a more general approach where you veiw your body's progress as a whole. If you want, some people would recommed weight goals, where you bulk to a certain number and then cut to another

Originally Posted by hrg217 View Post
    I personally wouldn't set measurement goals, as it can be discouraging if you dont reach them and cause you to ignore the overall progress you've made despite coming up half an inch short or whatever. Instead, I'd recomend either setting strenght goals (i.e. bench 200 lbs) or take a more general approach where you veiw your body's progress as a whole. If you want, some people would recommed weight goals, where you bulk to a certain number and then cut to another
    Good point. Any good suggestions on good articles pertaining to setting strength goals?