saiyenx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine on non workout day ???

i take monohydrate creatine... and was wondering should i take it on no-workout day also or only on workout day

:$?

Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes you should. Everyday to keep loaded.
    "When we were children, we used to think that when we grew up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability, to be alive is to be vulnerable." Madeleine L'Engle

$BMBC$

My teams:
    Bears
    Blackhawks
    Bulls
    White Sox

ok the same ammount as on a workut day ?

so 2 scoop or /

????

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by saiyenx View Post
    i take monohydrate creatine... and was wondering should i take it on no-workout day also or only on workout day
    Yes, take it on non-training days...

Yes, take the same amount....

Although it takes 4-6 weeks for creatine to wash out of your system after it is loaded, it is best to take it even on none-training days to keep your muscles saturated.

The best results will come if you have no food source for about 30 minutes after taking it...

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I follow the directions on the bottle. One dose before working out, one dose after working out, and one dose on rest days.

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by saiyenx View Post
    Follow up....

Creatine is best taken AFTER your workout....

What is the Best Time to Take Creatine?

There has been much discussion on this but I believe taking creatine post workout is the most beneficial time for several reasons.

Insulin helps drive more creatine into muscle cells, if you are a smart bodybuilder then in your post workout meal you should be eating foods that help spike your insulin, if this is the case, then taking creatine with this meal will help it's uptake into muscle cells.

The body absorbs many nutrients better after a workout.

Creatine will help refuel your body's low creatine phosphate stores.

Here is a link about creatine from Layne Norton...he is a PRO bodybuilder...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne13.htm

Additionally, you will get many responses regarding the use of creatine. Read the above link besides being a pro-bodybuilder Layne is also PhD candidate...

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitIron View Post
    Follow up....

Creatine is best taken AFTER your workout....

What is the Best Time to Take Creatine?

There has been much discussion on this but I believe taking creatine post workout is the most beneficial time for several reasons.

Insulin helps drive more creatine into muscle cells, if you are a smart bodybuilder then in your post workout meal you should be eating foods that help spike your insulin, if this is the case, then taking creatine with this meal will help it's uptake into muscle cells.

So this brings up the question I have yet to find the answer to, If I am on a low carb diet and thus not getting the Insulin spike then will Creatine still be of benefit to me?

vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vicour has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It will, but you are hindering yourself after your workout by restricting your carb intake, you simply won't get more creatine into your muscles. In my opinion, you can still use your low carb diet, but I would break the rules for the post-workout meal if you are trying to use creatine to your advantage.

If you are worried about breaking out of ketosis, then obviously you cannot take the carbs in. Honestly though, Breakfast and post-workout is when your body NEEDS carbs/protein the most. If your are on the Atkins diet, you may experience sluggish recovery after stressful workouts if you are ingesting no carbs at all.
    "The average man thinks he isn't."

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    So this brings up the question I have yet to find the answer to, If I am on a low carb diet and thus not getting the Insulin spike then will Creatine still be of benefit to me?
    You do not need an insulin spike post workout to make creatine work.

Creatine is made up of three aminos, Arginine, Glycine and Methionine..
    None of these aminos need insulin to cross the cell membrane and any insulin released will have no additional affect in crossing the cell membrane.
    Last edited by FitIron; 06-02-2008 at 10:59 AM.

Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you think Kry- Alkalyn creatine is good?

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Derrick101 View Post
    you think Kry- Alkalyn creatine is good?
    I've mainly stuck with plain, cheap creatine monohydrate. I tried creatine ethyl ester (CEE by itself and in No-Xplode) and it did nothing for me. The lesson I learned from this experiment was that more expensive does not equal more better. If you've never tried creatine before, try monohydrate first. If it works, consider yourself lucky. If it doesn't work, makes you bloat, or keeps you on the toilet, then you've got a good reason to try a more expensive creatine solution.