Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheFuzz1290 View Post
    But Arnold did, along with Ronnie, oh yeah Kai, and many others. (Those are just names I can think of off the top of my head I've seen videos of)
    And your point? I can name a lot more people then that but that's besides the point this is bodybuilding forum not a powerlifting forum! You don't need squats or deadlifts for a complete physique, I do both and i've went without both for a while as well throughout my lifting past! Their very beneficial but their not needed in anyway shape or form!
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheFuzz1290 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheStreetKing View Post
    And your point? I can name a lot more people then that but that's besides the point this is bodybuilding forum not a powerlifting forum! You don't need squats or deadlifts for a complete physique, I do both and i've went without both for a while as well throughout my lifting past! Their very beneficial but their not needed in anyway shape or form!
    That's one of the biggest bull**** answers on this board. This is the "exercise" portion of the board, hence posting about exercises. There is a powerlifting section specifically for powerlifting. Oh yeah, there's a politics section specifically for politics, but this isn't a political forum. The website may be bodybuilding.com, but it encompasses much more.
    “The problem with many hypertrophy-based programs is that they leave out the strength component. You might get bigger as a result of the program, but if you don’t get any stronger you’re still a chump in my book. That’s right, I don’t care how big you are, if you aren’t strong you’re a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story.” - Jim Wendler

5/3/1 blog - http://boringbutbig.tumblr.com

HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSlogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by D1111 View Post
    Wrong! if you could read bro what he is indicating is that to get REAL big,it is important to squat,and squatting will give you an edge over those who do not.
    I will approve this a 100% the facts are true
    Everybody wants to be a body builder.....but don't nobody want to lift these HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS-Ronnie Coleman

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheFuzz1290 View Post
    That's one of the biggest bull**** answers on this board. This is the "exercise" portion of the board, hence posting about exercises. There is a powerlifting section specifically for powerlifting. Oh yeah, there's a politics section specifically for politics, but this isn't a political forum. The website may be bodybuilding.com, but it encompasses much more.
    this sectioned is aimed at bodybuilding, unless you compete in powerlifting squats and dead lifts are not NECESSARY. And that's coming from a guy who makes squats and dead lifts a staple in his routine.
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ramone2485 View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Most people don't focus on their legs for some reason. If you wanna look like Joe Swanson from Family Guy, go ahead.
    just the opposite of what you are saying: most people on this forum DO concentrate a lot on legs, yet, in spite of their efforts, their legs are still skinny, because of their training methods...

Originally Posted by darinaldi View Post
    Squats and deads are essential because without them, how would people congratulate themselves for how hardcore they are compared to every single other person at their gym?

right....and there are far too many people killing themselves on these movements where their legs do NOT get bigger......

It is just one quirk of BB: that people will swear by benefits of such upper body isolation moves, as , say, DB flyes, and yet, when it comes to legs, they insists upon insane poundages only, doing half arsed squats barely to parallel, and silly plate loaded leg presses, where their legs remain behind their upper body development, year after year.....

but they have convinced themselves, that legs need to be beaten to death, with injury ridden amounts of weights where they can't even feel the muscle working properly, and use it as a badge of honor to their lifting credit....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.