Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lazy parents build lazy children, that is why so many people are now "overweight". If parents spent more time with there children outside and doing activities then we wouldnt have such an issue. For those who think that being way overweight is ok, do you think smoking is ok? Do you understand what type 2 diabetes is? People who eat sh!t and dont watch their diet have more health risks then a smoker!! I am not naturally skinny but I had a mom who was very active and into nutrition, so I was educated about eating properly and learned to do outdoor activities. But when you have a parent who just lets their kid play on the computer or play video games or watch tv and eat whatever they want, kids get unhealthy. If you think being "overweight" is ok, then hay... more power to you. But when I become a father I will make sure my kids learn to enjoy the outdoors and eat properly so that when they grow up they will be able to do whatever they want. I want to give my kids a real chance at a healthy life! For those who dont care, why not just give your kids some smokes, cause its the same!

bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah it's one thing to make sure "your kids" are living a healthy lifestyle but what does it bother you that strangers you don't even know are "overweight?" It just doesn't make sense to me to worry about such things. It's not like you can get "second hand fatness" from being around fat people.

BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Think of it this way. You are telling me that when you see someone who is coughing while smoking you have no negative thoughts? Or when you see someone who is three hundred pounds+ eating at McDonalds you dont think along similar lines? And if second hand smoke bothers you then move.

bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sure I might think those things but I'm certainly not coming on a bodybuilding forum to bitch about "all those obese idiots out there blah blah.." I mean what really is the point of that? You're preaching to the choir. It's like a bunch of Christians sitting at church gossiping about their "evil" neighbors. I mean what the hell does that solve? Who does that serve, other then themselves, so they can feel that much better than everyone else. It's the same idea.
    and I have no problem with second hand smoke. You missed the point. The point is how does strangers you don't even know around you being fat affect you? It's not the same as smoking...which you compared it to.

Irish5156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish5156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish5156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually, seeing obese people does have an effect on me. Obese people need to utilize the healthcare system more and put more of a drain on its resources. Insured or not, they drive up costs which the insurer will get back by raising insurance rates to ALL people, even ones who don't need to utilize their services.

I was a financial analyst for a Hospital and then I went to work for an HMO and I saw firsthand the costs that are associated with obesity. It's not funny.

I don't look down on obese people but I do get ticked off at those that clearly don't care about themselves and gorge at buffets.

yeah but you have overweight people and you have obese people. there's a real big difference.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing wrong with a comparison and commentary on society for posterity's sake. Good article, and very true, for those of us who were there will attest.

Just as it doesn't hurt the writer what people are, it also doesn't hurt you naysayers that he expressed it. So you are hypocrits if you are complaining about it. Back atchya.
    Time To Re-Schedule

jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mr. strength View Post
    The movie Wall-E is the perfect example of the path that society is on. Except for the part at the very end.
    the sad thing is that i completely agree. not everyone is like that of course but people do get so caught up in the "go/instant" lifestyle they forget to look out for their health. i do believe families have a large influence on childrens habits, im am one of the few who broke the mold, i mean back in high school/even middle school it was mcdonalds nonstop or taco bell. i knew there had to be a change and it happened soph year of college while taking a nutrition course and now i work at a supplement store and have completely done a 360 health wise. i do still have relatives who accuse me of being picky or never eating although i do the 6 meals a day but their concern is i stray from sweets, ice cream, cookies and fast food and just eat healthy which should technically be a good thing lol. anywho i think a lot of people with weight problems or health issues want to change, they just dont know where to go, resources to use, know ways to keep their motivation going and honestly it is hard to break a bad habit especially if they've been doing it their whole lives (eating poorly). I am in no way saying its justified but i know they want to try (even just a little).

Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000) Freek314 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ooqueso View Post
    The US is the only place where not everyone will stare. A lot of people still stare, though. The amount of food required to hit those levels of obesity is just grotesque.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people being healthy weight, just a little skinny or a little flabby. If they don't want to work out that's their problem. But gluttony is just wrong.
    I have a buddy. Said buddy weighs 360 pounds. He doesn't eat much at all (MAYBE 1800-2600 calories a day), and is extremely strong. I seriously don't know how he keeps that weight eating that little, but it's true.

Moral: Some people are fat because that's the way they are built. Being fat doesn't mean they are lazy or gluttonous.

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Freek314 View Post
    I have a buddy. Said buddy weighs 360 pounds. He doesn't eat much at all (MAYBE 1800-2600 calories a day), and is extremely strong. I seriously don't know how he keeps that weight eating that little, but it's true.

Moral: Some people are fat because that's the way they are built. Being fat doesn't mean they are lazy or gluttonous.
    I guarentee your friend eats a lot more than 4,000 calories a day, irrelevant of what he tells you/you see.
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

Registered User nevergiveup7q10's Avatar
    nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hmmm

Hello everyone My name is kimberly. I am not obsessed anymore with extreme health care as i once was in the gym three hours a day and eating whatever the new fad diet was. And I only came to this site to advertise my new home biz. But then i got caught up in this thread and it brought back some memories. I remember how good i felt when i worked out all the time. It was great. I also remember how good it feels to eat right. I would love to get back to those days only problem is i cant afford like i once did and i also think moderation is key because i was obsessed with it addicted rather to exercising. And i agree with everyone who says that our society is going down the tubes with the way we eat etc. Alot of it however has to do with the so called gurus of health and the way every other week there is a new way to live healthy and dont forget to scratch the old one its no good anymore. Soy is good....oops no not anymore it causes cancer. To eat carbs or not...protein only diets........oh well not the red meat. Dont eat fat....well wait eat the good ones or your hair will fall out. I mean seriously we should be evolved enough to be able to determine what to eat and not. I think alot of people just get frustrated with all this and there is a definite fixation on food in this country no doubt. IAlso for sure a lack of education, but that should not excuse us because frankly we all have a choice to do the homework for ourselves. And Yes i think the Pill craze has much to do with making folks believe they can gorge and binge and then pop a pill to stay fit and trim. It is almost as bad as half the nation on antidepressants. But all in all i say this country is filled with all kinds of gluttony, not only food bingers, all things excessively. I think this nation fell away from God and Family. And this is where any rejuvination has to come from.

R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000)
    living healthy isn't necessarily higher cost than living any other way. in fact, it's probably a lot cheaper than living the more convenient lifestyle so many people in the US live.

i drive to work and back, and opt to walk pretty much everywhere else. i get my supps at a place called Sports Nutrition Center in Tigard, OR--they have awesome prices, and i can stop in there on the way home. i use a generic prenatal vitamin for my multi (avg cost about 15 dollars every 2 months), creatine mono 2500 caps (23.00/month), ON Gold Standard 100% Whey (42.00/month), and ON Pro Complex Gainer (the expensive one at 56.00/month--for two 5 gal. tubs). that sounds like a lot, but at a total of around 120.00/month, it comes out to be about 4.00/day.

whole food meals? pfft. oats are cheap. chicken is cheap. lean ground turkey is cheap. doing the math on my average whole food meal, it's about 2.00/meal. even at six/day, then adding the 4.00/day avg for supps, you're looking at 16.00/day for nutrition. with the way many people eat, i'm coming out way ahead just in terms of food savings.

how about medical? i took 2 motrin 11 years ago, and have taken zero medicine since then. not even an advil or tylenol. i don't really get sick, and when i get a cold, i don't really have to change my diet. i keep eating the same, and drink lots of water--as always.

saving on gas, saving on food, feeling great... and my wife still has a crush on me and gives me goo-goo looks like she did when we first met.

the trade-off is time, of course. walking places and preparing meals instead of just driving down to mcdonald's can seem like a time sink to a lot of people. for me? not such a bad thing. i take my daughters on walks with me, and i use the leg time for conversation and bonding. they are going to grow up feeling that "normal" = being active, eating healthy foods, and having healthy communication between people who care about each other.

being fat is alien to my kids. my 3 year old looks at them with a weird awe in her eyes, and my 7 year old has already asked me 'daddy, why is that person fat?' my answer was to explain that the answer is sometimes complicated, but that the short version is because they allow themselves to be. i told her it has to do with the way you eat, and with how much you move around during a day. she never asks me why we walk the 1 mile from our house to the grocery store, and she never complains. i say "lets roll, we're hitting the grocery store", and she puts on her shoes and says "yay! we're going for a walk!"

when i see fat people, a few thoughts go through my head. first and foremost, i feel the need to do the best i can to prepare my children so that they can continue to live healthy lifestyles when they are out on their own. second, i feel a sense of frustration at the lack of ownership and accountability so many people have. i don't know a single overweight person who is honestly happy with how they look or feel. any vocalization of how they feel about their weight is negative, and yet most of them will never take charge of their lives and rectify the situation through choice and action. i have the same frustration with this that i do when people who develop drug problems later try to shrug off responsibility for their choices.

if people are upset that i don't look at overweight people and say "hey, it's cool. that's your choice." and respect the choice they've made, i'm sorry. i respect every person's *right* to make their own choices, but i refuse to even try to respect any choice a person makes to let their life go a negative direction. being fat is a consequence. even if people insist on denying accountability, their bodies know who to blame.

nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nevergiveup7q10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

careful!

Originally Posted by R_Bid View Post
    living healthy isn't necessarily higher cost than living any other way. in fact, it's probably a lot cheaper than living the more convenient lifestyle so many people in the US live.

i drive to work and back, and opt to walk pretty much everywhere else. i get my supps at a place called Sports Nutrition Center in Tigard, OR--they have awesome prices, and i can stop in there on the way home. i use a generic prenatal vitamin for my multi (avg cost about 15 dollars every 2 months), creatine mono 2500 caps (23.00/month), ON Gold Standard 100% Whey (42.00/month), and ON Pro Complex Gainer (the expensive one at 56.00/month--for two 5 gal. tubs). that sounds like a lot, but at a total of around 120.00/month, it comes out to be about 4.00/day.

whole food meals? pfft. oats are cheap. chicken is cheap. lean ground turkey is cheap. doing the math on my average whole food meal, it's about 2.00/meal. even at six/day, then adding the 4.00/day avg for supps, you're looking at 16.00/day for nutrition. with the way many people eat, i'm coming out way ahead just in terms of food savings.

how about medical? i took 2 motrin 11 years ago, and have taken zero medicine since then. not even an advil or tylenol. i don't really get sick, and when i get a cold, i don't really have to change my diet. i keep eating the same, and drink lots of water--as always.

saving on gas, saving on food, feeling great... and my wife still has a crush on me and gives me goo-goo looks like she did when we first met.

the trade-off is time, of course. walking places and preparing meals instead of just driving down to mcdonald's can seem like a time sink to a lot of people. for me? not such a bad thing. i take my daughters on walks with me, and i use the leg time for conversation and bonding. they are going to grow up feeling that "normal" = being active, eating healthy foods, and having healthy communication between people who care about each other.

being fat is alien to my kids. my 3 year old looks at them with a weird awe in her eyes, and my 7 year old has already asked me 'daddy, why is that person fat?' my answer was to explain that the answer is sometimes complicated, but that the short version is because they allow themselves to be. i told her it has to do with the way you eat, and with how much you move around during a day. she never asks me why we walk the 1 mile from our house to the grocery store, and she never complains. i say "lets roll, we're hitting the grocery store", and she puts on her shoes and says "yay! we're going for a walk!"

when i see fat people, a few thoughts go through my head. first and foremost, i feel the need to do the best i can to prepare my children so that they can continue to live healthy lifestyles when they are out on their own. second, i feel a sense of frustration at the lack of ownership and accountability so many people have. i don't know a single overweight person who is honestly happy with how they look or feel. any vocalization of how they feel about their weight is negative, and yet most of them will never take charge of their lives and rectify the situation through choice and action. i have the same frustration with this that i do when people who develop drug problems later try to shrug off responsibility for their choices.

if people are upset that i don't look at overweight people and say "hey, it's cool. that's your choice." and respect the choice they've made, i'm sorry. i respect every person's *right* to make their own choices, but i refuse to even try to respect any choice a person makes to let their life go a negative direction. being fat is a consequence. even if people insist on denying accountability, their bodies know who to blame.

Karma Bites....its great that u have the time to walk everywhere and enough money that u dont ever need to buy from the 99 cent menu but and even better if your intent is to educate others on a healthy lifestyle but i wouldnt be boastful its just not attractive

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nevergiveup7q10 View Post
    Karma Bites....its great that u have the time to walk everywhere and enough money that u dont ever need to buy from the 99 cent menu but and even better if your intent is to educate others on a healthy lifestyle but i wouldnt be boastful its just not attractive
    Why do you have such a narrow view? what difference does it make that his way of doing things isn't "attractive".

I've always thought that living healthy and taking the time to raise your children is the most attractive way of life.

Not having time is not an excuse to being overweight and eating/drinking bad food. Saying fast food is cheaper is also meaningless, here in Australia fast food is actually very expensive yet we have maybe the largest percent of obesity in the world.

I agree with education is a great way to reduce health problems and obesity, however the best way is to stop eating crap and drinking alcohol.

You can't tell me that the general public does not know how bad fast food is, they make a choice and they pay the price. It is not cheap in the end.

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offense to any overweight, obese, or just plain unhealthy people but at the current rate of population of this world I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before we overpopulate. So on that note I think it's great that people are passing on at a younger age. It kind of helps to balance out the whole system.

So while I'm at the grocery store buying my healthy food and I see some tub of lard with nothing but junk food I just think to myself. Man this person is giving their life to help out the population problem of this world. What a true Hero. God Bless.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

i love fat people jolly ones too

in fact on the front page of this website there was a cute little chubby boy with a big jolly grin upon him and then we see the transformed picture buff little boy and his smile turned into a growling frown...

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in fact on the front page of this website there was a cute little chubby boy with a big jolly grin upon him and then we see the transformed picture buff little boy and his smile turned into a growling frown...
    That's just it, the really fit ones will try to CONVINCE you they are happier and the fat ones just ARE happier.
    Time To Re-Schedule

hattrickinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "so, hey! did you see Supersize Me? wow! that was gross, right? man... after i saw that, i didn't eat mcdonald's for like... a week!"
    I saw that movie, and havn't had a fast food meal since. (I think we're onto 5-6yrs?) AND DAMMIT IT FEELS GOOD. Saves soooo much on cash too, because I was a fast food 3x a day kinda guy. fuc* that shi*.

Originally Posted by top_5_percent View Post
    And they think the chicken burgers from maccas are healthy because its just bread, salad and chicken. They also spend 20 minutes driving around looking for the closest car park.
    hehe I know a few of those people.
    "It's a salad!" "BUT ITS FROM MICKYD'S!" lol

TorqIt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jennarae86 View Post
    ... have completely done a 360 health wise...
    Hope not. 180 maybe.

R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000)

Nevergiveup--

this post apparently sounded boastful to you? it wasn't meant to be. i don't say this because your opinion of my character is in any way consequential to me. it isn't. i'm not saying this to be a jerk, i'm saying this because you and i are strangers on the internet. my opinion should also hold very little importance to you.

i bring up that it wasn't intended to be boastful because i want to state clearly and plainly that the purpose of typing this was to get people to sit back and consider the possibility that living a healthy lifestyle is in fact more cost effective in virtually every way than living an unhealthy/"convenient" lifestyle is.

i am not special in any way that should be important to any person who would ever read this. any person living the same lifestyle i do can just as easily reap the same rewards. the simple fact of the matter is that what i've come to realize is that i am actually saving a significant amount of money by living this way. reduced medical expenses, lower food expenditures-- 16.00/day for nutrition vs the quick-to-pile-up cost of going out to eat or picking up take-out, and less money spent on gas.

money aside, i pointed out that taking the time to walk places not only saves gas money, it has come with the added benefits of instilling in my daughters a sense of 'get up and go' vs 'be on your ass all day', and during the time we've spent walking, we have shared a lot of conversation where we each have the complete attention of the others.

these are value points meant to highlight the rewards of living this lifestyle vs the cost of living a sedentary lifestyle based around the illusion of "convenience".

my hope is that anyone reading this is able to see the value in it, and will either take up the pursuit of a healthier/happier lifestyle, or will be galvanized and stay the course if they already are doing so.

again, i wasn't trying to be boastful. that said, i'm concerned with being attractive to exactly one person in this world, and i've been lucky enough that she's seen fit to be my wife.

if putting a positive message out there in the hopes of promoting a healthy/happy lifestyle means i have to worry about karma, i'm really misunderstanding the yin and the yang of life.

off to sleep i go!

Nevergiveup--

this post apparently sounded boastful to you? it wasn't meant to be. i don't say this because your opinion of my character is in any way consequential to me. it isn't. i'm not saying this to be a jerk, i'm saying this because you and i are strangers on the internet. my opinion should also hold very little importance to you.

i bring up that it wasn't intended to be boastful because i want to state clearly and plainly that the purpose of typing this was to get people to sit back and consider the possibility that living a healthy lifestyle is in fact more cost effective in virtually every way than living an unhealthy/"convenient" lifestyle is.

i am not special in any way that should be important to any person who would ever read this. any person living the same lifestyle i do can just as easily reap the same rewards. the simple fact of the matter is that what i've come to realize is that i am actually saving a significant amount of money by living this way. reduced medical expenses, lower food expenditures-- 16.00/day for nutrition vs the quick-to-pile-up cost of going out to eat or picking up take-out, and less money spent on gas.

money aside, i pointed out that taking the time to walk places not only saves gas money, it has come with the added benefits of instilling in my daughters a sense of 'get up and go' vs 'be on your ass all day', and during the time we've spent walking, we have shared a lot of conversation where we each have the complete attention of the others.

these are value points meant to highlight the rewards of living this lifestyle vs the cost of living a sedentary lifestyle based around the illusion of "convenience".

my hope is that anyone reading this is able to see the value in it, and will either take up the pursuit of a healthier/happier lifestyle, or will be galvanized and stay the course if they already are doing so.

again, i wasn't trying to be boastful. that said, i'm concerned with being attractive to exactly one person in this world, and i've been lucky enough that she's seen fit to be my wife.

if putting a positive message out there in the hopes of promoting a healthy/happy lifestyle means i have to worry about karma, i'm really misunderstanding the yin and the yang of life.

off to sleep i go!
    I take it you're a volume type of workout guy.
    Time To Re-Schedule

I agree with you that eating healthy can be rather affordable. However if you are trying to say eating three fast food meals a day is expensive I dissagree. You could easily eat three filling fast food meals a day for under 10 dollars.
    Hell I could slam down 5 or 6 tacos at Taco Bell for under 5 bones.
    Now if a couple of those meals are at a real restaurant than it's a completely different story. But someone could get their lunch from the dollar menu and be eating real cheap.
    I rarely get fast food or go out to eat and my grocery bill is enormous but it's a tradeoff because I don't drop 25 dollars at Applebees or a place like that a couple times a week like the average american.

lovegist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You Not Alone

I have great respect for obese people who are working out in the gym. They've decided themselves that they are tired of being over weight and I applaud them. Sure some people have medical conditions that prevent them from losing weight but those are few and far between. www.femaleseducer.blogspot.com

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    I take it you're a volume type of workout guy.
    nah, i just talk a lot.

Originally Posted by bunnybuilder View Post
    I agree with you that eating healthy can be rather affordable. However if you are trying to say eating three fast food meals a day is expensive I dissagree. You could easily eat three filling fast food meals a day for under 10 dollars.
    Hell I could slam down 5 or 6 tacos at Taco Bell for under 5 bones.
    Now if a couple of those meals are at a real restaurant than it's a completely different story. But someone could get their lunch from the dollar menu and be eating real cheap.
    I rarely get fast food or go out to eat and my grocery bill is enormous but it's a tradeoff because I don't drop 25 dollars at Applebees or a place like that a couple times a week like the average american.
    was talking about the big picture of eating out--factoring in those applebees trips, etc.

factor in the money so many people spend on cigarettes and/or alcohol, and the money saved becomes even more substantial.

adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adinaluvsch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    was talking about the big picture of eating out--factoring in those applebees trips, etc.

factor in the money so many people spend on cigarettes and/or alcohol, and the money saved becomes even more substantial.
    I have to agree with this thought for one reason: according to the latest statistics...heart disease...is the leading cause of American deaths.

And, according to a nursing education class I just attended, 70% of diseases in America could either be cured...or improved...if people JUST STOPPED SMOKING.

This is so sad.

I work on a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. The top things that land people in CCU?

-Diabetes
    -Hypertension
    -High Cholesterol

ALL...and may I repeat ALL...affected by DIET and LIFESTYLE (i.e. active vs. sedentary) choices.

Top substances abused that send people to CCU: Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Here is what I truly believe: People just DON'T BELIEVE that their choices are killing them...because there is no immediate evidence when they eat fried chicken, or smoke, or don't exercise...that they are slowly dying.
    Last edited by adinaluvsch; 08-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Originally Posted by adinaluvsch View Post
    I have to agree with this thought for one reason: according to the latest statistics...heart disease...is the leading cause of American deaths.

And, according to a nursing education class I just attended, 70% of diseases in America could either be cured...or improved...if people JUST STOPPED SMOKING.

This is so sad.

I work on a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. The top things that land people in CCU?

-Diabetes
    -Hypertension
    -High Cholesterol

ALL...and may I repeat ALL...affected by DIET and LIFESTYLE (i.e. active vs. sedentary) choices.

Top substances abused that send people to CCU: Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Here is what I truly believe: People just DON'T BELIEVE that their choices are killing them...because there is no immediate evidence when they eat fried chicken, or smoke, or don't exercise...that they are slowly dying.
    repped. for important truths.

poor health is also frequently a part of a bigger avalanche of negatives.

people in poor health or physical condition frequently have emotional ties to these issues, which many try to medicate with... more eating and 'escapes' of various sorts. a few of my friends think i'm stretching it a little to use the term "self destruction" when this cycle is evident, but that's exactly what it is-- medicating emotional duress with food or substance abuse only serves to further compound the problem.

Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by banana_phone View Post
    I can say with confidence that half of this site probably has an eating disorder. more then half of this site is populated by kids, most of whom won't eat a pasta dinner with their family because its not a whole grain and doesn't fit into their macros and it will make them OMG FATZORZ.

I never said most people who work out have eating disorders, I said they are insecure. And thats obviously true, why do you want to get bigger, because your ashamed of how small you are. Why do you want to get leaner, because your ashamed of how much bf you have.

You have to have insurance, no ****, unfortunately for you other people don't value their health as much as they do enjoying food every day. So why should they change for you?

Why do I work out? Because I'm insecure about myself. The difference is, I don't go around spouting of how ****ty everyone else is to make myself feel better. I don't make presumptions about how people should live their lives and then type woe is the world stories that everyone isn't living their life the way I think they should
    working out to better could mean you're insecure.. but at least those who do something about it have some sort of will power... unlike the fatteis that you can be assured are insecure with no drive to do anything other than throw down another twinki and whine about their thunder thighs...

Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500) Ac3oS is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by banana_phone View Post
    I can say with confidence that half of this site probably has an eating disorder. more then half of this site is populated by kids, most of whom won't eat a pasta dinner with their family because its not a whole grain and doesn't fit into their macros and it will make them OMG FATZORZ.

I never said most people who work out have eating disorders, I said they are insecure. And thats obviously true, why do you want to get bigger, because your ashamed of how small you are. Why do you want to get leaner, because your ashamed of how much bf you have.

You have to have insurance, no ****, unfortunately for you other people don't value their health as much as they do enjoying food every day. So why should they change for you?

Why do I work out? Because I'm insecure about myself. The difference is, I don't go around spouting of how ****ty everyone else is to make myself feel better. I don't make presumptions about how people should live their lives and then type woe is the world stories that everyone isn't living their life the way I think they should
    working out to look better could mean you're insecure.. but at least those who do something about it have some sort of will power... unlike the fatties that you can be assured are insecure with no drive to do anything other than throw down another twinki and whine about their thunder thighs...

Originally Posted by bunnybuilder View Post
    yeah it's one thing to make sure "your kids" are living a healthy lifestyle but what does it bother you that strangers you don't even know are "overweight?" It just doesn't make sense to me to worry about such things. It's not like you can get "second hand fatness" from being around fat people.
    hahaha secopnd hand fatness