Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZiegMeister is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Where Have all the Body Beautifuls Gone?

I am a child of the 80's (And thank goodness not the 60's...). My wonder years were Reagan, Billy Ball, Van Hagar, button down collars with 501 jeans and penny loafers, the Evil Empire. At the age of 14 I received my first weight set and bench. I used it daily, sometimes twice a day, which might officially make me a gym idiot since the only lifts I did were bench and curls, as well as a few sets of Jefferson lifts (didn't have a squat rack, had to improvise...). But what heck, I was only 14.

In 1981 I joined a real gym, with free weights and Nautilus. The gym owner put 20 lbs of muscle on me that summer 125 to 145 (At 5' 9" tall).

The 1980's were about "The Body Beautiful". It didn't matter what you looked like in your clothes, what mattered was what you looked like out of your clothes. Bruce Lee and Arnold Schwarzenegger (I really believe today that most people don't know that Arnold S. was Mr. O.) were the icons of the day. But don't forget Zane, Haney, Gasparri, and Cory Everson. The Wide World of sports showed weekly footage of some mighty Russian weightlifter, or Reggie Jackson carrying a fridge on the "Super Stars". The three months before I was married I spent in the weight room. I wasn't going to look like a soft pile of doughnuts on my wedding day. I had to laugh recently when Men's Health had a quip, "Look Better Naked". Sorry Editor dude, that's been around for at least two decades. In the 80's people threw away their jogging shoes and bought cross training shoes and weightlifting gloves. Home gym sales skyrocketed and "No Pain No Gain" was a phrase that resounded from Soloflex to every bulletin board in every gym between El Paso and Missoula.

Fast Forward to the 2000's. The Body Beautful has disappeared. Aside from a few "gym rats", "Garage gym" devotees, or basement dwellers, The Body Beautiful has turned into Corpus Maximus. I can't shop at Walmart because their mediums are almost to big for me. At 5' 9" and 180 pounds I am not thin by any stretch of the imagination, but I am tiny compared to most of the larger than life bodys that rumble across town.

The 80's gave us the silly question, "How much do you bench?" Most of us probably laugh at that now. But it isn't any sillier than the, "Hey dude, I just drank two, 2 litre bottles of Pepsi!" Which some of us may have heard as recently as, within the last week.

Obesity is skyrocketing, diabetes is an epidemic, junk food sales are astronomical, asses have more dimples on them then a Maxflight. Instead of treating these problems at the "gras roots level", most Westerners are satisfied to let their MD give them a pill that treats the symptoms, but not the cause.

There has been a TV ad lately about fishing. "Take a kid fishing!" is it's theme. That is a start. To take that further, when their done fishing, take the kid to the gym.
    "I'm headed for the gym. It's leg day." Dave Draper

Dumb doesn't win a prize.

jimmy79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Hear,hear!!!

I'm with you! I think this country has gone to pot, and cheeseburgers and chili cheese fries has helped take it there. I was in the Army, I sometimes wonder if the outcome of world war 2 would have been the same if the present generations have had to fight it, all these activist preaching around, and being over weight. It's scary to think about! I was born in 79, So I started blooming in the late 80's when big hair ruled and muscle bound action heros were gods. It makes no sense to me why it seems now a days it's o.k. to be fat and on the edge of a heartattack!
    Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it.

Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was born in 85 so I don't really know much about what the 80's was like, but I totally agree with everything you said about today's society.. Health, especially in the US, has been placed on the back burner. Kind of depressing.

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jimmy79 View Post
    I'm with you! I think this country has gone to pot, and cheeseburgers and chili cheese fries has helped take it there. I was in the Army, I sometimes wonder if the outcome of world war 2 would have been the same if the present generations have had to fight it, all these activist preaching around, and being over weight. It's scary to think about! I was born in 79, So I started blooming in the late 80's when big hair ruled and muscle bound action heros were gods. It makes no sense to me why it seems now a days it's o.k. to be fat and on the edge of a heartattack!
    I understand what your saying but why shouldn't be ok if someone just wants to eat fast food every day and probably die when they're 45.
    Consistency

CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CanadianFE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Move to Canada, we have way less fat people. When i travel in the states on business i cannot believe how fat people are. If you weigh 300lbs in Canada, people will stare at you.

ooqueso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vancouver240 View Post
    Move to Canada, we have way less fat people. When i travel in the states on business i cannot believe how fat people are. If you weigh 300lbs in Canada, people will stare at you.
    The US is the only place where not everyone will stare. A lot of people still stare, though. The amount of food required to hit those levels of obesity is just grotesque.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people being healthy weight, just a little skinny or a little flabby. If they don't want to work out that's their problem. But gluttony is just wrong.

truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) truthandlife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went to my 20 year high school reunion last night and could not believe the amount of obese people that were there. It was truly incredible.
    What benefit will it be to you
    if you gain the whole world
    but lose your own soul?

(Mark 8:36)

canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10) canuck-kid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ooqueso View Post
    The US is the only place where not everyone will stare. A lot of people still stare, though. The amount of food required to hit those levels of obesity is just grotesque.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people being healthy weight, just a little skinny or a little flabby. If they don't want to work out that's their problem. But gluttony is just wrong.
    ya i agree with you.. i mean do they not realize it is killing them? i am in no way saing everybody should be skinny and muscular, but i mean take care of yourself.

Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Km901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump... i totaly agree with this..

R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000)
    the craziest part of this trend towards obesity is the sheer number of people on that road who looooooove saying things like "so, hey! did you see Supersize Me? wow! that was gross, right? man... after i saw that, i didn't eat mcdonald's for like... a week!" even as they stand there stuffing their faces with their third fast food meal of the day.

we live in the age of information, and many interested parties are trying to push the information out there into the home, but even when people receive that information, they stay the course.

apathy is a mother.

zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoina21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People usually say "I know a guy who ate like all his life that and lived to 100years...", they have faith in exceptions, just like the smokers.

rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah Kids and people are fat and lazy these days well a lot of them.

The schools today don't have P.E. classes anymore where you run and do miles and different things well at lest in OR. they don't its pretty sad. People are becoming a bunch of pussies. Its sad.

rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Survival of the fittest anyone? If they don't want to take care of themselves, then no one can make them except themselves. I guess it's easy to encourage them, but they need to do something about it. I have girls at my work asking me to be their "personal trainer." I am in no way qualified to be a personal trainer, but it's funny that people would rather have someone else do all the work for them while they take the easy route. It's hard to get anywhere without the will and determination.

That was my little rant about that subject.
    Bulking til 160.

Plateauing at 155.

Bench: 225lbs
    Squat: 265lbs
    Deadlift: 295lbs

About to start 4 weeks AX/Stoked combo again.
    1st 2 wks AX, 3rd week in start Stoked

BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome read!! I totally agree with you. It's sad how people can let themselves just go. I see this alot in college, believe it or not I was almost a victim myself.

I'm glad me and my friend made an oath to change lifestyles. The thing I'm proud of the most is that what started off as me and my friend just trying to get healthy again has infectiously spread to everyone else that I know.

SND-BND has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate to say it, but I think it's only going to get worse. It has to do with today's living lifestyle. Everything is go-go-go and no time to focus on the healthier side of living.
    15-20 years ago, did you hear about people at the age of 40-50 having heart attacks, getting cancer and struggling with obesity and high blood pressure, etc.
    The answer is NO, why, because it wasnt a go-go-go society.
    What kills me is all these companies coming out with this miracle pill that will shed the pounds. There are three things I preach to people when they say to me, you look in shape what do you do. Eat right (healthy foods) its not hard to do. Get plenty of sleep (7-9 hrs) once again not hard to do and lastly exercise, try walking the dog or riding the bike with your kids everynight, once again not hard to do.

Its a lifestyle change, but you have to want it, that's the key.

My two cents for today :-)
    Yesterday's the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present, Enjoy It !!

1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1oldTJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I pull out a can of tuna in class everyone is disgusted and moves away, but if I pull out a Big Mac they are all over it! Sheesh.

banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    who are you all to judge other people for how they live their lives. Maybe your just labeling them as disgusting and gross in your own minds to play to your own insecurities. If they're slobs, then your not. When you have proven that the purpose of life is to have low cholesterol, look good, or even to extend your life for as long as possible then maybe you can get back up on your high horses. Maybe you shouldn't judge anyone but yourself.

ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by banana_phone View Post
    who are you all to judge other people for how they live their lives. Maybe your just labeling them as disgusting and gross in your own minds to play to your own insecurities. If they're slobs, then your not. When you have proven that the purpose of life is to have low cholesterol, look good, or even to extend your life for as long as possible then maybe you can get back up on your high horses. Maybe you shouldn't judge anyone but yourself.
    Who called anybody a slob. A slob is a person who is untidy or unclean in appearance or habits. Being extremely over weight doesn't make a person a slob. Coleman and Cutler can be a slob for all we know.

I would normally say that if people want to die young and be a fat ass then that's their prerogative. However people dying younger before their parents due to their health problems caused by over eating also leaves children without a parent. Not to mention the fact that my health insurance rates are skyrocketing because America is getting fatter which leads to more health problems. The insurance companies are left no choice than to raise premiums across the board without doing health exams. My opinion would be different if I could get health insurance based upon my own health instead of being lumped in with the piggies.

Most people who lift weights the right whey (pun intended) don't have insecurity problems. Exercising and eating healthy give people a higher self-esteem and more confidence. Forgive us if we choose to take control of our own lives. And for the record, people who are extremely obese are gross and disgusting. There's a reason why we don't see them gracing the covers of Sports Illustrated. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean I don't like them or wouldn't pay to see their movie but it does mean that I won't me gnawing my arm off in the morning to get out the front door before she wakes up.

I have great respect for obese people who are working out in the gym. They've decided themselves that they are tired of being over weight and I applaud them. Sure some people have medical conditions that prevent them from losing weight but those are few and far between.

Threads like these are motivational to me. They make me say hell yeah I don't want to die young. I also want to be able to play sports with my kids and kick their ass when they get old enough. You shouldn't be offended by this thread at all. I'm not sure if you yourself are obese or a stern supporter of NAAFA. Either way you might want to look in the mirror before you come to a bodybuilding forum and criticize people for trying to motivate one another. I don't see anybody taking pictures, posting them, and saying look at this fatty. It's a motivational tool. Deal with it. Now where is that damn horse?

banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) banana_phone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ninreznor View Post
    Who called anybody a slob. A slob is a person who is untidy or unclean in appearance or habits. Being extremely over weight doesn't make a person a slob. Coleman and Cutler can be a slob for all we know.

I would normally say that if people want to die young and be a fat ass then that's their prerogative. However people dying younger before their parents due to their health problems caused by over eating also leaves children without a parent. Not to mention the fact that my health insurance rates are skyrocketing because America is getting fatter which leads to more health problems. The insurance companies are left no choice than to raise premiums across the board without doing health exams. My opinion would be different if I could get health insurance based upon my own health instead of being lumped in with the piggies.

Most people who lift weights the right whey (pun intended) don't have insecurity problems. Exercising and eating healthy give people a higher self-esteem and more confidence. Forgive us if we choose to take control of our own lives. And for the record, people who are extremely obese are gross and disgusting. There's a reason why we don't see them gracing the covers of Sports Illustrated. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean I don't like them or wouldn't pay to see their movie but it does mean that I won't me gnawing my arm off in the morning to get out the front door before she wakes up.

I have great respect for obese people who are working out in the gym. They've decided themselves that they are tired of being over weight and I applaud them. Sure some people have medical conditions that prevent them from losing weight but those are few and far between.

Threads like these are motivational to me. They make me say hell yeah I don't want to die young. I also want to be able to play sports with my kids and kick their ass when they get old enough. You shouldn't be offended by this thread at all. I'm not sure if you yourself are obese or a stern supporter of NAAFA. Either way you might want to look in the mirror before you come to a bodybuilding forum and criticize people for trying to motivate one another. I don't see anybody taking pictures, posting them, and saying look at this fatty. It's a motivational tool. Deal with it. Now where is that damn horse?
    I hope your not implying that at least 50% of the people on this site don't have what could be classified as an eating disorder. and besides lifting moderately light weight, if you're working out to look better or get abs or whatever that is because you are insecure about how you look.

If you think it makes your health insurance too expensive you could just not buy insurance...

ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninreznor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hope your not implying that at least 50% of the people on this site don't have what could be classified as an eating disorder. and besides lifting moderately light weight, if you're working out to look better or get abs or whatever that is because you are insecure about how you look.

If you think it makes your health insurance too expensive you could just not buy insurance...
    Lol you are too funny. So you are saying that eating large amounts of healthy food in order to as muscular mass to a person's frame is an eating disorder? I can eat 6 meals a day as opposed to 3 fast food meals like a typical american and have the same amount of calories and not be a fatty.

So you are saying that everybody in America that does any type of exercise has insecurity issues about how they look? That is an absurd and idiotic statement. I lift weights and eat right so I can be healthy and live a long prosperous life. A fringe benefit is that us "moderately light weight" lifters will get more ass this weekend than you'll see in the next 2 years.

I have to have insurance. I don't ever know when some idiot is going to run his car into me, or what goes into some of the products I have to use on my body, or some hereditary problem may pop up. I do know that I can control being obese and lowering my risk of disease with working out and eating right.

Originally Posted by ninreznor View Post
    Lol you are too funny. So you are saying that eating large amounts of healthy food in order to as muscular mass to a person's frame is an eating disorder? I can eat 6 meals a day as opposed to 3 fast food meals like a typical american and have the same amount of calories and not be a fatty.

So you are saying that everybody in America that does any type of exercise has insecurity issues about how they look? That is an absurd and idiotic statement. I lift weights and eat right so I can be healthy and live a long prosperous life. A fringe benefit is that us "moderately light weight" lifters will get more ass this weekend than you'll see in the next 2 years.

I have to have insurance. I don't ever know when some idiot is going to run his car into me, or what goes into some of the products I have to use on my body, or some hereditary problem may pop up. I do know that I can control being obese and lowering my risk of disease with working out and eating right.
    I can say with confidence that half of this site probably has an eating disorder. more then half of this site is populated by kids, most of whom won't eat a pasta dinner with their family because its not a whole grain and doesn't fit into their macros and it will make them OMG FATZORZ.

I never said most people who work out have eating disorders, I said they are insecure. And thats obviously true, why do you want to get bigger, because your ashamed of how small you are. Why do you want to get leaner, because your ashamed of how much bf you have.

You have to have insurance, no ****, unfortunately for you other people don't value their health as much as they do enjoying food every day. So why should they change for you?

Why do I work out? Because I'm insecure about myself. The difference is, I don't go around spouting of how ****ty everyone else is to make myself feel better. I don't make presumptions about how people should live their lives and then type woe is the world stories that everyone isn't living their life the way I think they should

Registered User greendaycrazy50's Avatar
    greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) greendaycrazy50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As a teenager, I can agree with this topic. I don't know what makes people so drawn to junk/ grease. I'm not gonna sit here and try to say that I eat perfectly healthy, but some people actually get excited to eat such things. For example, my cousins children were so disappointed when they weren't allowed to go to Mcdonalds- yet they both don't want to be fat.

That's a problem with people these days (especially girls in my school): Instead of sitting down and eating good meals, they eat too little- they don't wanna eat too much and get "fat". Sometimes they make it seem like they have eaten so much they're gonna throw up. However, an hour later they get hungry and eat junk and sugary foods. An example is one of my cousins- she is eating less at meal time, but she had tea today with 3-4 tbsp of sugar added.

But what are people (with knowledge) gonna do- already groups are trying to inform kids ahead of time. And you can learn so much online and in books these day. It really is the fault of the people who think they know what they are doing, but really are just screwing their own health up.

Also, I don't think everyone who lifts weights is insecure about themselves. Many are, but most do it for other reasons. Maybe insecurity has a little to do with it for everybody even, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless it's consuming them.

Originally Posted by greendaycrazy50 View Post
    As a teenager, I can agree with this topic. I don't know what makes people so drawn to junk/ grease. I'm not gonna sit here and try to say that I eat perfectly healthy, but some people actually get excited to eat such things. For example, my cousins children were so disappointed when they weren't allowed to go to Mcdonalds- yet they both don't want to be fat.

That's a problem with people these days (especially girls in my school): Instead of sitting down and eating good meals, they eat too little- they don't wanna eat too much and get "fat". Sometimes they make it seem like they have eaten so much they're gonna throw up. However, an hour later they get hungry and eat junk and sugary foods. An example is one of my cousins- she is eating less at meal time, but she had tea today with 3-4 tbsp of sugar added.

But what are people (with knowledge) gonna do- already groups are trying to inform kids ahead of time. And you can learn so much online and in books these day. It really is the fault of the people who think they know what they are doing, but really are just screwing their own health up.

Also, I don't think everyone who lifts weights is insecure about themselves. Many are, but most do it for other reasons. Maybe insecurity has a little to do with it for everybody even, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, unless it's consuming them.
    I agree with you and I don't think insecurity is a bad thing, its a great motivator. The attitude in this thread just reaked of superiority and condescension. Of course everyone should eat healthier and I think its important to educate children about good nutrition.

top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree that the problem will just keep getting worse. Although I think a contributer to the problem is parents passing on these unhealthy habits and laziness to their kids. I also think people (older and younger) are just not educated. We never had any nutrition and lifestyle classes in school. I think it just passes on from generation to generation.

I'm only 20 myself and it so rare to see anyone my age looking after themselves. They just don't understand diet at all. Like they are completely clueless. And its true people are actually disgusted with me for eating tuna for lunch instead of cake and chocolates. And they say to me if I have a small serving of nuts that I will get fat if I eat them. It makes me so angry.... they just have NO IDEA! And they think the chicken burgers from maccas are healthy because its just bread, salad and chicken. They also spend 20 minutes driving around looking for the closest car park.

I really think that parents should stop treating kids with icecream and tv and start teaching them about the nutrition of good food and having a bike ride in the park. I think it can be made into a fun and enjoyable lifestyle. I think values and attitudes of parents really rubs off onto kids.
    I have complete control over my body. What I eat and what I do reflect that. Nobody can stop my progress. I will continue my progress until my goals are met. Then from there I will need to achieve new goals to keep the forward progression of my mind, body, and soul. I motivate myself every day to work out, eat healthy, and live my life to the fullest.

kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) kagaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rjdumas View Post
    Yeah Kids and people are fat and lazy these days well a lot of them.

The schools today don't have P.E. classes anymore where you run and do miles and different things well at lest in OR. they don't its pretty sad. People are becoming a bunch of pussies. Its sad.
    That is something that pi**** me off the most about the obesity problem. Since 80% of your child's youth is spent in school, they should force kids to run and get good exercise. I remember when I was in kindergarten till 5th grade they would make us run the mile in a competition toward the end of the year. And for a few weeks before that, all we would to is run and get our cardio going for the big race. (During gym class of course). But these days it seems they don't do that because...some kids "Don't want to." Retarded. Nowadays if they even have gym class they are taking tests on basket weaving.
    Goal: Lift until I am satisfied with myself. Estimated time of completion --> ∞

Current/Goal
    Bench - ~260/300
    Curl - ~120/130
    Squat - ~350/450
    Weighted Pull up - ~90/120

lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbleiweiss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    I understand what your saying but why shouldn't be ok if someone just wants to eat fast food every day and probably die when they're 45.
    Because they're dragging society down as a whole, look at all the statistics saying the US is the fattest nation in the world! and they are just plain gross to look at!

Look chief, sorry we don't all share the same oh-look-its-not-their-fault-they-just-have-different-priorities outlook on this. It's simple its uneducated (often on the lower end of the poverty/wealth scale) people, feeding into a life filled with misery and disgust.

I wouldn't consider someone not wanting to eat pasta their mom made for dinner an ED if they have very serious BB'ing goals. There's a difference between being insecure and seeing room for improvement. I'm 6' 190 ~12% BF I'm not fat, I have abs, and i'm not ashamed of my body, but I do see that there is a lot of room for improvement and I will never know if I can do it or not if I don't try. Its for satisfaction, not for insecurities. Hell, if you don't believe that then fine, it is for insecurities, but, in that case, whats wrong with insecurities? if everyone was secure with themselves *in their own skin* we would all be gross and disgusting because noone would lift because according to you everyone who lifts is insecure. Think of the world your trying to make.

I can say with confidence that half of this site probably has an eating disorder. more then half of this site is populated by kids, most of whom won't eat a pasta dinner with their family because its not a whole grain and doesn't fit into their macros and it will make them OMG FATZORZ.

I never said most people who work out have eating disorders, I said they are insecure. And thats obviously true, why do you want to get bigger, because your ashamed of how small you are. Why do you want to get leaner, because your ashamed of how much bf you have.

You have to have insurance, no ****, unfortunately for you other people don't value their health as much as they do enjoying food every day. So why should they change for you?

Why do I work out? Because I'm insecure about myself. The difference is, I don't go around spouting of how ****ty everyone else is to make myself feel better. I don't make presumptions about how people should live their lives and then type woe is the world stories that everyone isn't living their life the way I think they should

"I can say with confidence" and "probably" don't go well together in the same sentence. You must lift weights because you seem insecure with that statement! We're not spouting how ****ty they are... just how dumb. Are you ok with the majority or US citizens being overweight? You have to look at that as you walk through a park or the mall *probably more-so the mall because fat people don't like parks!*

Originally Posted by top_5_percent View Post
    I agree that the problem will just keep getting worse. Although I think a contributer to the problem is parents passing on these unhealthy habits and laziness to their kids. I also think people (older and younger) are just not educated. We never had any nutrition and lifestyle classes in school. I think it just passes on from generation to generation.

I'm only 20 myself and it so rare to see anyone my age looking after themselves. They just don't understand diet at all. Like they are completely clueless. And its true people are actually disgusted with me for eating tuna for lunch instead of cake and chocolates. And they say to me if I have a small serving of nuts that I will get fat if I eat them. It makes me so angry.... they just have NO IDEA! And they think the chicken burgers from maccas are healthy because its just bread, salad and chicken. They also spend 20 minutes driving around looking for the closest car park.

I really think that parents should stop treating kids with icecream and tv and start teaching them about the nutrition of good food and having a bike ride in the park. I think it can be made into a fun and enjoyable lifestyle. I think values and attitudes of parents really rubs off onto kids.
    You really hit the nail on the head here! It's a lack of good nutrition/lifestyle education. At my school we have nutrition sections in our health classes and it may be only covered for maybe a week it's still getting the point out there! There are really too many uneducated parents and I don't think that will change because say someone ran for governor and had a strong stand on fitness and health.. well america's fat they won't vote for him. Its a shame really.

On a brighter note, you're tall, smart, beautiful, and on a bodybuilding forum...... marry me?
    His position just seems weird compared to everyone in the misc who is a ceo, has threesomes with solid 10s, can piitb of any girl he wants, is a sexual tyranosaur
    - MaximusMan

The smaller you set your goals the smaller you will achieve.
    - Kevin128

You can't tone. You can only gain muscle, lose muscle, gain fat or lose fat.
    - Adc123

The wolf on top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.. but when he wants the food it's there
    - Arnold

my loony bun is fine mr. strength's Avatar
    mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000) mr. strength is just really nice. (+1000)
    The movie Wall-E is the perfect example of the path that society is on. Except for the part at the very end.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #22 -!!!---!!!-

MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hear you on the 80's. It became the 'Fitness Craze' Everybody joined the gym and look like their heroes - Sly, Arnold and even mark gastineau from the old Jack Lalanne commercials.

Boat neck cut sweatshirts (oh, the pain - some of them even had the off-the-shoulder 'Flashdance' look!) with a tank top underneath, Zubaz pants in the gym only to change into Cavaricci's at night (with the 'MC Hammer' look), mullets and fades, huge sunglasses (remember Gargoyles?), short jackets (the waiter look for guys and the Bolero for girls)...I can go on but I want to hold down my dinner!

It was fun...at the time. I'm sure that none of us would go back and do it all over again, but wouldn't change it for the world. Tacky, yes...but it was the way it was.
    www.MuscleSportMag.com - Bodybuilding, Pro Sports, Fitness

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    and besides lifting moderately light weight, if you're working out to look better or get abs or whatever that is because you are insecure about how you look.
    ... It has nothing to do with insecurity.

I couldn't care less what others think of how i look.

I go to the gym for myself. I enjoy it, and the healthy nutrition that comes with it, more than anything else.
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bunnybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This whole article just comes across as a bit snobbish and pretentious. Where have all the "body beautifuls" gone? It sort of seems like a dumb question to post on a site that revolves around that entire idea of building the best body possible. Yeah there sure are a lot of lazy over weight people out there, but this site proves that there are just as many that are very into and even obsessed with their physique. I really don't get why it bothers you that other people don't have fitness goals and are "obese" (which is a word that is used way to loosely in todays time). How does it affect you? I mean if anything it only makes having a good physique stand out more and makes you look more desirable when compared to the average over weight person. So what's to complain about? To me this runs along the same lines as the typical "gym idiot threads." I never understood the point of those threads either...other than to put down others to pump yourself up.