imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imcharliemprhy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg theory I heard

So I was talking to the guy that runs the gym that I go to, and I can tell this guy pretty well knows what he's talking about. Apparently he's been into lifting for a while, and we started talking about legs. He said that what a lot of experts believe is that legs have what they call and endurance muscle, and to build mass in legs you need to break through it when weight training. So what he said to do was use three sets; 10, 8, and then a drop set of 6.

I just thought it was interesting and what everyone thought about that.

sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It seems plausible, but I'd like to see some research on it. I know that I did a lot of endurance training such as biking and running until I started getting serious about weightlifting. My calves still won't grow. Maybe I just haven't broken them in yet...

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Legs are all slow-twitch (oxidative fiber). This type of muscle fiber is stimulated through high reps 10+ reps. Legs have little fast twitch fiber in them, so sets of 6 reps will not do very much in the way of stimulating growth. So i tend to disagree with this bloke u were talking too. Also, most professionals are seen performing sets of at least 15 reps, so i would follow their lead and stick to a higher rep range. Just to clarify, you cannot drastically change the ratio of fast to slow twitch muscle fiber in any given bodypart. So this guys logic seems rather flawed.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    Legs are all slow-twitch (oxidative fiber). This type of muscle fiber is stimulated through high reps 10+ reps. Legs have little fast twitch fiber in them, so sets of 6 reps will not do very much in the way of stimulating growth. So i tend to disagree with this bloke u were talking too. Also, most professionals are seen performing sets of at least 15 reps, so i would follow their lead and stick to a higher rep range. Just to clarify, you cannot drastically change the ratio of fast to slow twitch muscle fiber in any given bodypart. So this guys logic seems rather flawed.

I agree...but then again I tend to use higher reps or at least moderate reps for most things

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    BS muscle fibre type varies drastically from person to person.
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10) phrozen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by meathead198 View Post
    BS muscle fibre type varies drastically from person to person.
    thats not very true.

and its been proven that u can train fast twitch muscle fibers to act like slow twitch but you cant do the opposite. That's why its more likely you'd be able to train and become a long distance runner then a good sprinter.

I have an article with research done on this topic but I can't find it right now..when I do i'll post it

tpascual has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by phrozen View Post
    thats not very true.

and its been proven that u can train fast twitch muscle fibers to act like slow twitch but you cant do the opposite. That's why its more likely you'd be able to train and become a long distance runner then a good sprinter.

I have an article with research done on this topic but I can't find it right now..when I do i'll post it
    People have different types of muscle fibers (fast or slow twitch). Some of them are born with it or they train to develope it.

Kelly Baggett has good articles in this site, explaining the types of muscle fibers.

I Squat in the Curl Rack Beowolf Agate's Avatar
    Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beowolf Agate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Who says legs are slow twitch? It completely depends on the person.

A sprinter has predominantly fast twitch muscle fibers. Thats why they can, well, sprint!

Heavy squats + Heavy deads + food = Leg growth.

And FYI; most "professionals" are on so much juice that as long as they bust ass, they'll grow.

Heavy for growth. Period.

My legs grew like hell doing 5-3 rep squats and deads. The 20-rep squat program worked ok, but not as well as heavy deadlifting.

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    imo everyone reacts to a certain workout differently.
    Hello

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Beowolf Agate View Post
    Who says legs are slow twitch? It completely depends on the person.

A sprinter has predominantly fast twitch muscle fibers. Thats why they can, well, sprint!

Heavy squats + Heavy deads + food = Leg growth.

And FYI; most "professionals" are on so much juice that as long as they bust ass, they'll grow.

Heavy for growth. Period.

My legs grew like hell doing 5-3 rep squats and deads. The 20-rep squat program worked ok, but not as well as heavy deadlifting.

Use your brain mate! since we could walk, our legs have had to endure us standing on them and walking around. Our legs then naturally have a tendency to build oxidative(endurance muscle fiber). BUT, if, at an earlish stage of development, you begin sprint training, you can obviously alter the ratio of fast to slow twitch. But once fully developed, it is more difficult to change this ratio. And when i posted that, i was assuming we all arent sprinters here.

Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Legs have slow twitch and fast twitch muscles. To open up fast twitch add reps and some sprints for your cardio. I do a set of 20 then 12 for warm up. then 8,6,6,6 then a set of burnouts with a weight i can get alteast 12 reps until i drop
    6'5" 290lbs=YES I WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN!!!