sskeckowski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat before or after morning workout?

I can't get my day started unless I hit the eliptical first thing in the morning. I usually cannot get myself out of bed early enough to eat anything before I head out and have read many different opinions on whether you should eat before or after.

So, should I make the extra effort to get out of bed a little sooner to eat AND what is the best food to have? I have read fruit is the best because of glycogen levels in the liver are lowest at that time...

Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's been a lot of discussion on this topic, and what it seems to boil down to is it really depends on the person. Some people don't have the energy to do a workout on an empty stomach, some get an upset stomach if they've eat directly before working out.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You could always down a scoop of protein powder and water so it won't be so heavy on your stomach!

Are your goals to gain muscle or lose fat? If your trying gain muscle I do not believe in fasted cardio!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought you were cutting down on cardio???

I would have at least a shake..you're VERY thin and don't want to risk losing any muscle!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tr0ublesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with a response above it depends on the person. If your really short on time, I'd put the cardio as first priority. I'm doing the same thing right now, when I wake up I hop on the treadmill before breakfast than on my way to school I bring a shake with me and a packed lunched so eat after class.
    I refuse to be a role model, I set goals take control drink out my own bottles.

Official Fitness Fanatic trainwithrae's Avatar
    trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fasted cardio is great, just put some bcaas in your water bottle as you do cardio to avoid muscle loss. No need to eat before cardio, just ensure you eat before LIFTING and after of course
    MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    Want your best body?
    www.trainwithrae.com

CrystalSilva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by trainwithrae View Post
    fasted cardio is great, just put some bcaas in your water bottle as you do cardio to avoid muscle loss. No need to eat before cardio, just ensure you eat before LIFTING and after of course
    bcaas?
    Crystal

allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10) allisonb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Originally Posted by trainwithrae View Post
    I agree!!!!
    I get up @4:30am to workout... it's the only time that I have.
    I do not have time to eat. I do drink a cup of coffee, then drink my XTEND (BCAA'S) during my workout.
    Then I have my protein shake post workout ( I let it chill in my fridge while I'm working out).
    Then I have my oatmeal about 30 minutes later on my way to work
    "I believe everything happens for a reason."

Official Fitness Fanatic trainwithrae's Avatar
    trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CrystalSilva View Post
    bcaas?
    branched chain amino acids
    MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    Want your best body?
    www.trainwithrae.com

TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    BCAA=to preserve muscle.

Its easier for the body to convert muscle to energy than it is to convert fat when its in a pinch. So when you're running low, (fasted state), you need these readily available amino acids to supply to your body so it doesn't eat its own muscle, or at least they are available to rebuild after a light, fasted cardio session.
    wut?

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Before but I can't work out on an empty stomach.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fasted cardio is often recommended for women trying to lose bodyfat. The original poster is extremely underweight and should really not be doing ANY cardio, let alone fasted.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you Lou...that's what I was saying!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."