Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mega's Keto Log

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MegaAlmighty View Post
    Important Note

I definitely need to up protein intake at times or at least keep it in conjuction with fat...

My recovery felt very slow this last 2 days and I am still a bit sore in certain large muscles groups (Legs, shoulders, chest)

I took only 117g of protein yesterday, explains alot.

I have to look into casein protein... something to take at night. Going to read some to see if its keto friendly.

UPDATE

WOW, the workout today was extremely dreadful... oh my gosh. I definitely need to up protein next week, 15g+ lean body weight.

My legs really hurt alot, not sore, but hurt. Other parts were still really sore... guess it doesn't help that it was friday and I was extremely deprived of glycogen and energy.

I'm going to drown in carbs, because my body is telling me it needs it, badly.

Well that's the solution to your problem right there bro!
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Badass in the making MegaAlmighty's Avatar
    MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would ask what you are specifically referring to, but I believe its safe to say you can be talking about any of the statements for that matter haha! ... definitely need to start keeping protein high... and going to take them carbs!

Also, I tons of rice today+ some either chinese food (chicken, crab ragoons) ... pretty much the same **** as last weekend.

And I feel great already.
    No excuses.

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MegaAlmighty View Post
    I would ask what you are specifically referring to, but I believe its safe to say you can be talking about any of the statements for that matter haha! ... definitely need to start keeping protein high... and going to take them carbs!

Also, I tons of rice today+ some either chinese food (chicken, crab ragoons) ... pretty much the same **** as last weekend.

And I feel great already.
    Yes!! Rice (assuming it's white) is my favorite carb-up food ever! lol

I just want to get a giant bowl of sticky rice and devour it with some chicken. Sadly we don't have any at my house =[

MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My favorite carbup foods are sub sandwiches... For this, I tend to always go with subway! ... being that during the weekend i'm on the move and going out and what not...
    No excuses.

Day 22

I feel great... simply amazing as of right now. My carbs weren't perfect this weekend... but I believe they were still damn good

Lets see...

-Brown Ricex2
    -Chickenx2
    -Vegetablesx2
    -Crab Ragoonsx2
    -Oatmeal
    -Whole Wheat Foot Long from Subway
    -2 slices White Bread sandwhich's
    -1 bowl Cereal (Cheerios?)

Hmm so well, the crab ragoon's is pretty much the only thing that had any significant fat
    Then the last 2 things on the last obviously weren't the best choices of carbs... but I took them in conjuction with one of the above Low-GI carbs... So not toooo bad there

And regardless, I don't really care. Because My body was screaming "RECOVERY PLEASE!!" ... had to help it out!

Once again, I feel pretty amazing right now... sleepy tired, though, didn't get much rest... So far today I have had all keto friendly foods... eggs, sausages, Meat, Salad w/ dressing...

Hmm, also, I really really noticed a difference in the body... arms. Wow.

OH OH OH, AND I ALREADY HAVE GOTTEN SOME COMPLIMENTS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!! OMG YAY!

see ya tommorow guys
    No excuses.

Just a little note for today...

Going to increase my PWO shake to 1.5 servings of whey... to get that extra 10g of protein.

Should help out a little, to a lot of things. (Recovery rate, Macros, total daily protein intake)
    No excuses.

Day 23

Pre-cardio
    3 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets

Cardio, 38 minutes, speed walking

Meal 1
    3 large eggs
    6 strips bacon
    Multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    1 beef patty
    1 slice Havarti cheese

Pre-Workout
    4 fl oz coffee
    3 splenda packets
    5g creatine

WEIGHT LIFTING

PWO
    1.5 servings Whey
    13g Dextrose
    5g creatine

Meal 3
    2 beef patty's
    2 strips bacon

WEIGHT TRAINING

Squats - 235lbs - 5/5/5 - normal, keep the same until next week, unless otherwise.
    Bench Press - 150lbs - 5/2/2 - slow, could barely do this... keep weight the same next time, if more difficult the second time, RESET!
    Deadlifts - 245lbs - 5 - intense, could have done more!! faster speed and more strength than last time!

NOTES

Wtf is up with my bench... hmm. I smell a reset really soon... as for the other workouts, I have passed both lifetime max 5 reps (Oddly enough I used to bench press 210...) ... regardless, my squats seem to be approaching the 5 rep max plateau... I can definitely tack on some more to dead lifts though.

My theories to all this:
    - Squats, Have improved rapidly because I do them every workout, hence the rapid speed towards plateau, but amazing gains.
    - Bench , Always had a Weak Chest, and I only do it twice a week... sometimes only once ... its also the quickest of the bunch to plateau. This explains alot.
    - Dead Lifts, This exercise simply contains alot of room for gains/increase in strength because it involves so many more big muscles to perform. Going to take a while to reset for this for sure.

Also, Doing myself that extra half serving of whey protein PWO = KEY!!!

I already feel sort of recovered.
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 06-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    No excuses.

Day 24

Before I post, just a little fun fact. I actually had my first binge at 4:00am last night... about 1/2 cup M&M's, 1 box fruity Mentos candies, and 1 kids caprisun drink, couple servings of popcorn... thingy.

Boy were the younger sisters pist. Ironically, something happened the next day that didn't make sense... regardless.

PRE-cardio
    6 fl oz coffee
    2 packets splenda
    1.5 serving Whipping Cream
    10g creatine

Cardio, speed walk, 40 minutes

Meal 1
    3 Large Eggs
    6 strips bacon
    Multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    2 beef patty's
    1.5 servings havarti cheese
    1 slice bacon

Meal 3
    6 oz cheese

TOTALS
    Calories = 1877
    Fat = 142g/68%
    Carbs = 14g/3%
    Protein = 133g/29%

NOTES

So... remember that sugar lovely binge I told you about? Well... oddly enough, I stepped on the scale, and turns out, I came in at 165.6... new low. Interesting?

Regardless.... weird day, felt depressed for some reason! :'( - must have been because of the weather, very cloudy and generally ugly.

Two things I would like to do tommorow if possible... is track down EVERYTHING I am putting in my body... which includes:

-Vitamins & Minerals
    -Ingredients
    -Sodium (falls under minerals?)
    -Saturated Fats

You get the picture.
    No excuses.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Binge? lol, no man....that was an unplanned snack. No sweat bro, I bet it barely kicked you out of Keto lol.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Binge? lol, no man....that was an unplanned snack. No sweat bro, I bet it barely kicked you out of Keto lol.
    Its so funny... because a month ago when I was beginning the diet I probably would have had a tit attack about this. I didn't care less about it after I looked back... just made sure to not let it happen again!

I guess because of the number I saw on the scale... it really made me shrug it off without much guilt... I kind of forgot about it already o.O

As far as making it a habit... that's a big no-no never not ever in my life... again
    No excuses.

Day 25

Pre-Cardio
    2 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets

Cardio/Speed Walking/40 minutes

Meal 1
    3 large eggs
    8 slice's bacon

Pre-Workout
    4 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets
    10g creatine

WEIGHT LIFTING

PWO
    1.5 scoop of whey
    13g dextrose
    10g creatine

Meal 2
    8 oz Pork meat

Meal 3
    Burger Patty
    3 slices bacon

TOTALS
    Calories = 1759
    Fat = 102g/58%
    Carbs = 10g/2%
    Protein = 174g/40%

WEIGHT LIFTING STATS

Squats - 245lbs - 5/5/5 - AMAZING! GOOD SPEED AND ENERGY!!!
    Military Press - 100lbs - 5/4/3 - slow speed, felt good though, perfect form.
    Barbell Rows - 140lbs - 5/5/5 - fast, definitely increase. 20lbs, easy.

NOTES
    Weird day... hmm forgot to track down saturated fats... maybe i'll do it later if i'm bored or not too tired.
    No excuses.

still looks really low on calories....I think you would be able to recomp a bit if you raised them by 400+
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Yea I definitely did not want to go so low yesterday

I'm going to start trying for 2000 daily again... 2100 on weight training days.

Just a reminder to myself... played around with some calculators.

1950 absolute minimum. (Probably the average on off-days)

2100 absolute maximum. (Average of weight days)
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 06-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    No excuses.

Day 26

Meal 1
    3 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets
    1.5 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Meal 2
    2 Large eggs
    5 slices bacon
    multi-vitamin
    10g creatine

Pre-Cardio
    4 fl oz coffee
    3 splenda packets

Cardio, 28 minutes, speed walk

Meal 3
    4 oz pork
    2 oz cheese

Meal 4
    2 servings Lindt 85%

Meal 5
    2 burger patty's
    2 slices bacon
    1 slice cheese

TOTALS
    Calories = 2045
    Fat = 148g/67%
    Protein = 142g/28%
    Carbs = 31g/5%

NOTES

Fun day, went out to a friends house

And I'm pretty sure Lindt 85% didn't kick me out of keto
    No excuses.

Man, i love your diet -- you got it right. And no, the 85% lindt tends to be very friendly to people.

BTW, I read every post you make in this log, even if I don't comment - you're one of the VERY FEW newer Ketoers that knows what they're doing.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Man, i love your diet -- you got it right. And no, the 85% lindt tends to be very friendly to people.

BTW, I read every post you make in this log, even if I don't comment - you're one of the VERY FEW newer Ketoers that knows what they're doing.
    Mark, I love when you post. That is all. <3

Lets start bringing them carbs in!!!!
    No excuses.

Important note for my Training...

Decrease all weight, and literally... perfect forms. Also, Bench Press is to be done more often, somehow.
    No excuses.

**** me...

I pretty much ****ed up this weekend... I lived off of Chicken Quesedilla's from Taco bell for the carbup... well, I had 5 in total for the 2 days... spread out.

Friday I had....

2 bananas
    80g dextrose/50g protein PWO shake
    Brown Rice
    Fried Chicken
    Crab Ragoons
    2 Chicken Quesedillas
    1.5 homemade cookies

Saturday
    Subway Whole Wheat Footlong Turkey Breast/Ham
    3 Cheese Quesedilla's
    2 Bud Lights

Sunday (Keto day)
    2 oz Steak
    1 large egg
    3.5 servings Lindt 85%
    5 slim Jims
    8 oz steak

Lets see what my ketoer's have to say. I need new suggestions for fast food that are carb-up friendly.

EDIT: This is day 29.
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 06-15-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    No excuses.

Day 31

Okay, I was doing fine yesterday until I had an energy drink.

My day, went to HELL.

Never again am I touching one. Ever.

It led to an intense craving of pizza... man the crash was REALLY REALLY bad... AND I HAD A PROJECT TO DUE FOR CLASS!

Regardless, I have noticed I have been generally feeling kinda ****ty on keto, I am going to give the anabolic diet a go. Also have to include more mono saturated fats. Do research on energy.

Yesterday felt sort of depressing... I feel as if I never did anything to my body in the past 30 days of near perfect dieting... weird.
    No excuses.

Day 32

Okay so I have been insanely busy with school... I have finals. Which means, my sleeping pattern has gone haywire, and I am not worrying about anything else BUT school... for today. Then I'm free again!

Regardless... I am going to start to take a shift towards the anabolic diet. One thing I want to try is taking my carbs at night. Maybe in the form of some nuts!

Anyhow... macro posting will start tommorow. I also think I am going to re-do an induction phase to my body... never really did one.

Also, the main reason for leaning more towards the anabolic diet... is while I had good energy on keto... I would feel too many drops during the day or lack of focus in the head... not cool.
    No excuses.

Hey man, why not try something a little more sane, like just a 33/33/33 or a 40p40c20f....? at maintenance or just barely below like 100-200 kcal and just going through the summer on that while lifting hard....you're pretty low in weight and it might be time to focus on maintaining and using that anabolic rebound from Keto to put some muscle on..
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Hey man, why not try something a little more sane, like just a 33/33/33 or a 40p40c20f....? at maintenance or just barely below like 100-200 kcal and just going through the summer on that while lifting hard....you're pretty low in weight and it might be time to focus on maintaining and using that anabolic rebound from Keto to put some muscle on..
    One thing that is for sure... is that the High Fat, Medium Protein, and Low carbs lifestyle, is generally a lot better to me for various reasons.

- Fits my schedule extremely easily
    - I generally like healthy Fats more than healthy Carbs
    - I am a believer that more fat is the way to go
    - Feel better

I love the high fat diet... the only thing though, is that I actually never really did an induction phase... so quite possibly, my body never got accustomed to using fat for energy?

Regardless, I believe "Keto" isn't actually the best way to go... but more along the term's of what the Doctor recommends... 30g of carbs a day? He mentions in his book that the actual state of Ketosis is catabolic... and at times, for some reason, I "felt" that way!

What I plan on doing this time... is starting over and going back and troubleshooting, basically, and this time, on the anabolic diet.

I also think I am going to up my Calories... seeing that I was doing cardio x5 a week. I went by a simple x15 body weight calculator for my maintenance calories... but I always felt it was wrong. In fact, I am going to take some measurements today and re-calculate.

So in Summary:
    1) Re-calculate maintenance calories (will result in going up... quite a bit)
    2) Time the Carbs more efficiently, and increase to 30g a day, will vary.
    3) Keep workouts intense, and perfect form! Forget "adding weight" ! One mistake I have corrected!

Regardless... stay tuned, I just finished my last final, I am hopping back into the diet/exercise world.

EDIT: Also mark... I am not looking to actually "maintain" ... I still need to cut off ALOT of bodyfat... I wish the Anabolic diet wasen't so new so I can checkout what people have to say about it ... so far though... goood stuff.
    No excuses.

Tommorow Anabolic diet starts... I think I'm going to aim around 2000-2200 Calories a day. Also going to go a 14-day induction period.
    No excuses.

Day 4

I have been slacking on posting here... yes I know!! I'm sorry haha!

Regardless, I am on day 4 on the anabolic diet... and its been perfect so far... I'm basically just eating alot of red meat, cheeses, and eggs. Little to no carbs... and any carbs, coming from veggies. I am also aiming to eat A LOT of calories per day until July 4th.... 14 days! Then carb-up and cut calories to around 2100 a day!

So far though... I have been perfect with my dieting... didn't do weights today because I went out fishing all night... so will be doing weights tuesday, thursday, and saturday... no biggie. Also, I am looking forward to starting HIIT! So in an easy to read format...

- Day 4 of Anabolic diet... eating maintenance calories, as little as 10g carbs
    - July 4th will be start of first carb-up
    - Dig up HIIT routine
    - Record HIIT stats like that of lifting
    - Make sure to get 9 hours sleep!
    - Note any interesting/drastic feelings during "induction phase"

Its actually a good thing that I have stopped recording here so often... because now, everything feels more like my lifestyle, not just some 'diet'.
    No excuses.

Day 1 of 90 cut

Ahem, I'm firing this log back up... while I had this time away from BB.com... I was still dieting and the likes... but was not counting calories! ... which I think in the long run ending up pushing me away from my main goal... cutting!

I was basically doing body recomposition? Possibly even bulking at certain days... I notice big differences in the gym... but the body is difficult to tell the differences... regardless, I hate the thought of typing so much into these logs... so I'm just going to do a new format, much briefer.

SAMPLE/GUIDELINE

Foods eaten: Eggs, Cheese, Meats, Vegetables

Macros: 60-65% Fat, 30-35% Protein, 5-8% carbs

Calories: 1850-2000, restricted.

Weight lifting stats:

Cardio stats:

Errors?

Feelings/Notes?

One of my goals besides the actual cutting... is to do everything near perfect then record it in a paper log.
    No excuses.

Foods eaten: Eggs, Bacon, McD's burger patty/Cheese, Brocoli, shredded cheese, water

Macros: 66% Fat, 29% Protein, 4% carbs

Calories: 1853

Weight lifting stats: OFF

Cardio stats: OFF

Errors? - 1 crab ragoon, almost nil.

Feelings/Notes? - Feel good... no exercise today because I got a lack of sleep last night... trying to fix my sleeping pattern at the moment. Going to sleep wide awake = huge binges.
    No excuses.

Foods eaten: Eggs, Bacon, Steak, Lindt 85%, Meatballs, Cheese, Green Vegetables

Macros: 60% Fat, 36% Protein, 4% carbs

Calories: 1962

Weight lifting stats:

Squats - 195 - 5/5/4 - felt weak.... reset!!!
    Bench Press - 155 - 5/4/4 - Okay, time for a reset here as well.
    Deadlifts - 240 - 5 - felt pretty good, but, reset as well.

Cardio stats: 45 minutes Fasted.

Errors? Nothing.

Feelings/Notes? DEFINITELY time to reset the lifts. Felt really good today, but felt weak during lifts, I believe that is the CNS fatigue+sudden deficit in calories.
    No excuses.

Day 3

Foods eaten: Eggs, Bacon, Lindt 85%, Whey Protein, Steak, Green Vegetables, Cheese

Macros: 62% Fat, 34% Protein, 4% carbs

Calories: 1953

Cardio stats: 1 song warmup/8 intervals/0.5 song cooldown ---- Usually, my legs give in to HIIT before my ability to respire... but today, I was definitely out of air.

Errors? None.

Feelings/Notes? none.
    No excuses.

Day 3

Foods eaten: Hot Dogs, Honey roasted Peanuts, Pizza, Slim Jims

Macros: N/A - not recorded.

Calories: Easy estimation at under 2000 calories for sure. Possibily even lower, like 1700sh.

Cardio stats: OFF... no sleep, and this day was planned.

Errors? See below.

Feelings/Notes? So today I went fishing from about 9:30am in the morning, to 9:30pm... I didn't really eat too much at all the entire day... I had about 4 tiny slim jims... and maybe two-three servings of peanuts, definitely no more. I also had two hot dogs while out there... and the only real eating I did at home was 1.5 slices of pizza... very tiny slices... So while my macros were messed up (and not by too much, just went over my carb limit for sure though), I still "cut" today, shouldn't feel too bad at all. Plus, needed some kind of cheat eh?

but it ends right now... back to strict counting tommorow
    No excuses.

Day 4

Foods eaten: Eggs, Cheesestick, Steak, Bacon, Broccoli, Peanuts

Macros: 65% Fat, 30% Protein, 5% carbs

Calories: 1836

Cardio stats: 45 mins NOT FASTED

Errors? None.

Feelings/Notes? Pissy mood today... felt good when I saw I had a perfect diet/exercise day though... no HIIT because I am doing squats tommorow.
    No excuses.