Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mega's Keto Log

Badass in the making MegaAlmighty's Avatar
    MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Usually, I never plan everything out from start to finish. I just go along entering my foods eaten into fitday and make sure I don't cross the boundries of my macros/ carb limit.

Although, tommorow I am going to spend the entire day out at sea/the beach... so I have to plan all my food servings.

and no alcohol...
    No excuses.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome diet bro, just awesome. I am going to get on a similiar one when I am done with mah' bulk....but right now oatmeal, 2 eggs and a bit of brown sugar is tiding me over lol.

oh and I just realized that I got into a bitter argument about a donut being a breakfast food.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaAlmighty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Awesome diet bro, just awesome. I am going to get on a similiar one when I am done with mah' bulk....but right now oatmeal, 2 eggs and a bit of brown sugar is tiding me over lol.

oh and I just realized that I got into a bitter argument about a donut being a breakfast food.
    Thanks for the support Mark!!! love your posts, you know your **** bro... I'm dying to bulk!

and as far as donut being a breakfast food... LMAO
    No excuses.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MegaAlmighty View Post
    Thanks for the support Mark!!! love your posts, you know your **** bro... I'm dying to bulk!

and as far as donut being a breakfast food... LMAO
    my pleasure, reps on recharge.

You actually have your crap together so your log is entertaining....the more red meat the better IMO!

the Keto bulk never worked for me -- but for others it does, you could get lucky. Funny thing is, I NEVER cheat when I bulk but I cheat epically and often on a cut.

and as far as donuts go....I don't know why that made me so Irate -- how could a glob of sugar and vegetable trans fat be a food worth consuming for a regular breakfast!!! And no protein, ugh.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The had krispy kremes at work here today too. The girl sent out a memo saying there were donuts in the kitchen. I responded NO THANKS. She was perplexed. I think she may have seen it somewhat analagus to seeing a used car ad in the paper and calling the person to tell them you don't want it.

Keep fighting Mega!

Originally Posted by LastSet View Post
    The had krispy kremes at work here today too. The girl sent out a memo saying there were donuts in the kitchen. I responded NO THANKS. She was perplexed. I think she may have seen it somewhat analagus to seeing a used car ad in the paper and calling the person to tell them you don't want it.

Keep fighting Mega!
    I hate rejecting food... it is somewhat rude, often people take it that you are signifying that you are better then them... these are also the same people who take every damn little thing personal

diet>your sugar heaven for 2 minutes
    No excuses.

Note to self...

holy f*** was that workout dreadful.

Note on carbup...

I need to sit down and analyze how my weekends usually go and adjust my carbups according. It is too difficult with my lifestyle... maybe carbup thursday and end friday night? ... HAVE to look into this, its a killer.

Note on carbup research thinking/psychology...

As of right now... sub sandwiches (possibly subway) look to be great for carbup... I need meals that feel like cheats... but are actually not only good for you, but ideal. Will take a look at a list now, and make my own list of stuff to "binge" on

I need to make a strong habit of eating a huge meal somehow before I go out anywhere... hangout at a friends house, go out to have fun, etc...

Fast food is probably ideal here... subway, possibily pollo tropical. Will list everything here later, or soon.
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 05-24-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    No excuses.

Okay... so I'm back after the long weekend.

I don't feel good at all about how that went... at all.

Besides the fact that I found out I was getting played by some girl for 7 months... I got my **** together again today... I also had a great time friday- monday with my friends... so much fun... but at some cost... not properly carbing up.

I'll post my fitday/exercises done tonight... Oddly enough, I still see improvement from the day I started dieting

Regardless... I'm in a hole right now in my life... I got so pumped up this morning on the treadmill after what had happened... I think that was the most intense amount of energy that went through my body... all that adrenaline and mix of emotions...

Wow... powerful.

I'm still in it guys... and I get the feeling, I'm going to tear **** up now. Like I did three years ago.

Going to do some reading on how to deal with the weekends... there is no way I'm going to deny my friends and not have fun...

A few things to consider

* Be more conscious of the diet on the weekend
    * Don't think about food
    * Do more research on weekend solutions

Mega out, see ya tonight.

EDIT:

I sat down and thought about this weekend, and solutions to it.

*Friday - I stayed at a friends house up very late playing dominoes ... I actually didn't mess up this night! ... but at the same time, I probably didn't take in a good amount of ideal/best carbs.

SOLUTION - Have a big Carb/Protein meal... Subway seems like a good pick... satisfies the need to eat out, and a 8g of fat footlong sounds beautiful. Then don't eat ****ing jack **** until I get home. Drink tons of water at the friends house... one hell of a miracle worker.

*Saturday - I went out all day with the family... very controlled day. I woke up around 2pm ... Had some Oatmeal with skim milk... then went to watch a movie and had dinner afterwards in a span of about....... 6 hours? ... from 3:00pm to around 8:30pm... I had like 4 Chicken Fajitas at the restaurant... just the Shell/Wrap, and the chicken, no other sauces/condiments or anything... but rice/veggies! Not too bad here, I did fine until this point.

After the movies/dinner... came back to my house with friends, and watched movies... I didn't eat much here, but had a couple of V8 smoothie drinks... I knew this was bad :/ ... sweet tooth came in to play... other than that, I got a junk food craving late at night and got some pizza from taco bell... not the best of choices either.

SOLUTION - hmm.... Drink more water for sure. Um, not think about food. Hmm... drink **** tons of diet soda!!!! It will gross me out eventually for the night!!! ... as for the late night munchies... this one is tough. Subway is already closed by the time I get hungry... Hmm... Pollo tropical is a good option... open until 12. I guess after that, Oatmeal and possibly a scoop of whey? ... Alot of Willpower is going to be needed here.

So, drink tons of water, diet soda's, and just be extremely conscious of the foods.

*Sunday - Was at a pool party all god damn day... and I was actually doing really good ... was eating meat from the grill... until the sweet tooth kicked in... and pastellitos got the better of me.

SOLUTION - Simple, just need to hold back, and not think about it. Drink more diet soda... eat more meat from the grill until I can't take anymore. Drink more water. And play more dominoes.

*Monday - Went to the beach all day. I ate alot of bread for breakfast... drank some soda... then not much else for the day... barbecued ribs at night.

SOLUTION - Just not eat very much I guess... its the start of keto... So I guess maybe burger king whoppers would be good here... regardless, it was memorial day weekend, so this shouldn't happen too often again. So in summary.

On a keto day, if I go out...

- Burger king Whopper with bacon/cheese
    - Don't eat all day... drink **** tons of water.

ABOVE ALL GENERAL SUMMARY

- Have some willpower
    - Instead of having this diet/lifestyle sub-consciously... make it CONSCIOUS.
    - Don't eat, rather than EAT, if you know its bad
    - Abuse diet soda on carb=ups... it always ends up grossing me out of nasty foods! Important!
    - Drink more water
    - BE CONSCIOUS
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 05-27-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    No excuses.

Pre-Cardio
    5g Glutamin

30 Minutes CARDIO

Meal 1
    2 Extra Large Eggs
    6 slices bacon
    4 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
    Multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    2 string cheese

PWO
    1 scoop whey
    14g dextrose

Meal 3
    4 oz Beef
    2 oz Chorizo
    1oz cheese

Meal 4
    salad
    2 tbsp 0 carb dressing

Meal 5
    4oz string cheese

Macros
    Calories = 2019
    Fat = 149g/69%
    Protein = 133g/28%
    Carbs = 15g/3%

WORKOUT

Squats - 200lbs - 5/5/5 - FAST and felt great!
    Bench Press - 145lbs - 5/5/5 - Fast except last 2 reps... but felt GREAT!
    Deadlifts - 205lbs - 5 - FAST, felt great!!

I'm tired

Good day, my workout felt AMAZING.
    No excuses.

anonymous
    Girls = the devil. Haha just kidding.

But seriously.. I used to use all the emotions and **** that goes down between myself and woman as fuel to keep myself working out harder and harder and harder..
    if for nothing else than it feels good when you've pushed yourself harder then you ever have before. At least for me!

Regardless way to stay focused and analyze your weekend that is a great idea! .. and get those squats up there! haha.

I learned very dearly for it... In a way I am kind of thankful I finally found out the truth... it felt amazing to get that "****ty" feeling off on the treadmill and the weights

and I love squats LOL

*flips back over to serious face and looks back at the log*
    No excuses.

LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10) LastSet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weekends are tough. Seems like if you can just battle through the weekend and stay MOSTLY on your diet then you will be good to go for the coming week.

Weekends are indeed difficult, but not impossible

Gotta Dig deep for that will power!!!
    No excuses.

Day 12

May 28th, 2008.

Pre-Cardio
    5g glutamin

Cardio for 30 minutes, speed walk

Meal 1
    2 extra large eggs
    7 slices bacon
    1 cup coffee
    2 tbsp Heavy Whipping cream
    2 packets splenda
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    multivitamin

Meal 2
    1 beef patty
    2oz cheese

Meal 3
    6oz Chicken
    2 oz cheese

Meal 4
    3 oz cheese

Macros
    Calories = 1980
    Fat = 145g/68%
    Protein = 143g/30%
    Carbs = 11g/2%

Weight training
    OFF-DAY

NOTES
    -Look into adding creatine.
    -Look into decreasing coffee to 1/2 cup, and limit to 1 splenda, no cocoa, 2 tbsp whipping
    *Incorporate pre-workout
    - Prepare for the carbup
    -Try and balance meals into... 500 calories each, 4 meals a day.

I feel amazing
    No excuses.

Day 13

Meal 1
    2 whopper patty's
    4 slices american cheese
    4 slices bacon

Meal 2
    2 extra large eggs
    7 slices bacon
    multi-vitamin
    4 fl oz coffee
    1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
    2 splenda packets
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

Pre-workout
    5g glutamin
    1 fl oz coffee

PWO
    1 scoop whey
    14g dextrose
    5g creatine

Meal 3
    6 oz chicken breast w/ bone
    2 oz cheese

MACROS
    Calories = 2340
    Fat = 143g/67%
    Protein = 148g/31%
    Carbs = 13g/2%

WORKOUT
    Squats - 205lb - 5/5/5 - Fast/normal, felt really good... form was perfect.
    Military Press - 85lb - 5/5/5 - normal, great form.
    Barbell Rows - 120lb 5/5/5 (deadweighted) very fast, too light. Check form, felt the back get worked good though.

After weights, I did a 35 minute cardio session... didn't have time for the usual morning fasted.

NOTES
    -Felt great today during my workout... I didn't get too much sleep the night before though... maybe some, I'm sure I got at least 7 hours though.

-I included creatine in my diet today... lets see how it works, also time to do more research on it. Pretty sure I should just take 5g a day... 2.5 post-workout and 2.5 Pre.

-A few things... never going to take coffee unless, its pre-cardio, or pre-weight training... and only half a cup... 2 fl oz. I think it might be making me crash.

- Need to not have large meals... like the 2 whoppers. Macros were fine, but I think all those calories spiked the insulin up too much, not sure though. Felt a little weird after taking them down. Maybe it was because of the broken sleep... who knows.

-Prepare to have fun this weekend... and eat NICE CLEAN CARBS! ... vouch to eat out Saturday night... I can't carbup until my workout Saturday, which is going to be during the morning, first thing.
    No excuses.

Day 14

Pre-Cardio
    1 Tbsp heavy Whipping Cream
    2 splenda packets
    1 tbsp Hershey's Cocoa Powder
    1/2 cup coffee

Cardio, 30 minutes, speed walk

Meal 1
    5g creatine
    3 extra large eggs
    3 cheese sticks

Meal 2
    2 burger patty's
    2 slices cheese

Meal 3
    10oz Steak

Meal 4
    1 bag Spicy Pork Grinds

TOTALS
    Calories = 2101
    Fat = 142g/63%
    Protein=179g/35%
    Carbs= 12g/2%

NOTES
    Not too bad for a damn weekend day!

A bit much protein... other than that... success!

Oh and cals are a teen too high... but I was awake many many hours
    No excuses.

Day 15

1 hour Pre-Workout
    2 cups fruits

*WEIGHT TRAINING

PWO
    2 scoops whey
    90g dextrose
    5g creatine

45 Mins cardio, Bike Riding, Casual (Family day at the beach )

Meal 1 (Restaurant)
    2 cups brown rice
    2 cups vegetables
    5oz beef
    4 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Meal 2
    Subway Foot Long, Whole Wheat Bread, Turkey Breast and Ham, Mustard, olives, lettuce

Meal 3
    2 Packets Quakers Instant Oatmeal
    2 cups Skim Milk

TOTALS
    Calories= 2620
    Carbs = 444g
    Protein = 162g
    Fat = 45g

WEIGHT TRAINING
    Squats- 215lb - 5/5/5 - Fast, except for the last two reps, awsome!
    Bench Press - 150lb - 5/5/2 - medium/slow speed, keep weight the same next time on first set.
    DeadLifts - 225lb - 5 - good speed, felt great. Perfect form. Hit the spot.
    Barbell Curls - 60lb - 5/5/5 - medium speed.
    Crunches - 45 Reps.

NOTES
    Omg I think I did A perfectly successful cardup...

Will Power does you good ladies and gents. I declined pizza, soda, energy drinks, and chocolate fudge today.... omg, it hurt sooooo much to say no THEN... but I feel like I'm on top of the world now for having the will power!
    No excuses.

Yes!
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Day 16

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Yes!
    O.o? Is that a cheer? LOL

So today was strange diet wise... I ate nothing at all until around 6:30pm. Except for a Rockstar Sugar Free energy drink around 12:00pm.

I had a Super Smash Bro's Tournament, that took, FOREVER!

I practically lived on fast food...

Meal 1
    2 Whopper Patty's
    2 slices bacon
    2 slices cheese

Meal 2
    2 Whopper Patty's
    2 slices bacon

Meal 3
    4 Small McD's Patty's
    2 slices cheese
    3 slices bacon

TOTALS
    Calories=1990
    Fat = 152g/69%
    Protein = 147g/30%
    Carbs = 7g/1%

NOTES
    Had alot of fun today

Alot of rest for the body.
    No excuses.

Day 17

Pre-Cardio
    1 fl oz coffee
    1 splenda packet
    1.5 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream

Cardio, 34 minutes, speed walk

Meal 1
    3 eggs
    2/3 cups shredded cheese
    multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    1 Beef Patty
    1/3 cup shredded cheese

Pre-Workout
    2 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets

WEIGHT TRAINING

PWO
    1 scoop whey
    14g dextrose
    5g creatine

Meal 3
    8oz chopped chicken
    4 tbsp Ken's Cream Caesar Dressing

Meal 4
    1 Tbsp Natty Pb

WEIGHT TRAINING STATS
    Squats - 220lbs - 5/5/5 - fast, except for last 1.
    Military Press - 85lbs - 5/5/5 - normal
    Barbell Rows - 135lbs - 5/5/5 - normal, keep same, up light. (CHECK FORM)

NOTES
    I am so damn bloated right now... I woke up this morning and I literally felt a TON of stuff in my stomach, water... food... I don't think I ever woke up with such a feeling... I was also up on the scale, at 174lbs.

Weird, going to check with the lovely Keto community and see if I'm good. I'm almost positive this is all because of the carbup+creatine, because I have literally been doing my diet perfect, working out like a damn monster, keeping my cals ~550sh under maintenance, and I know EXACTLY every little thing that I put into my body.
    No excuses.

Day 18

Meal 1
    2 Jumbo Eggs
    3oz chorizos
    1/4 cup cheese
    Multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    Whopper Patty
    2 slices american cheese
    2 slices bacon

Meal 3
    3 large eggs
    7 slices bacon
    5g creatine
    3 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 4
    6 oz steak

TOTALS
    Calories=2021
    Fat = 142g/65%
    Protein = 159g/32%
    Carbs = 17g/3%

NOTES
    No cardio today, didn't have time... and all f'n day, I had a pounding headache. Wow. I also woke up with stomach aches. I ate okay today... hope I don't feel so ****ty tommorow... left me in a real bad mood.

Need to eat more fat, drop the peanut butter, and not have a fast food meal tommorow... nuff said.
    No excuses.

haters gonna hate. this_is_war87's Avatar
    this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome log bro... im just curious how much did you have to lose and how much have you lost since starting this diet?
    I'm red because a mod negged me for posting Raven Riley n00dz.

Originally Posted by this_is_war87 View Post
    Awesome log bro... im just curious how much did you have to lose and how much have you lost since starting this diet?
    Thanks war

I started at 174... I wanted to go down to the 150's... possibly even low 160 should I retain a ton more lean mass than expected! But mid 150's is definitely the ideal goal, but above that, I would love to stay the same weight but MUCH lower bf ... I guess around 7%-11%

As of now... I have no idea where my true weight stands... I am on creatine and still feel bloated... I weighed in at 168 this morning, which I was pretty happy with... considering its only been 19 days of keto

by day 21, I'll probably ideally be around 166.8-167.8 ... thats 3 weeks. I started at 174, so thats about 8lbs lost, at an average of about 2.66sh lbs per week!
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 06-04-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Day 19
    No excuses.

Day 19

Pre-Cardio
    1 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
    2 fl oz Coffee
    2 splenda packets

CARDIO, speed walking, 34 minutes

Meal 1
    3 large eggs
    7 slices bacon
    multi-vitamin

Meal 2
    Beef Patty
    2 slices bacon
    1/4 cup cheese

Pre-workout
    2 fl oz coffee
    2 splenda packets
    5g creatine

WEIGHT SESSION

PWO
    1 scoop whey
    13g dextrose
    5g creatine

Meal 4
    6oz chicken breast
    5 tbsp 0 carb dressing

TOTALS
    Calories=1941
    Fat =138g/66%
    Protein = 147g/31%
    Carbs = 12g/2%

WEIGHT LIFT STATISTICS
    Squats - 230lbs - 5/5/5 - started fast then got normal... start lower on friday, Bump it up on monday.
    Bench Press - 155lbs - 5/5/4 - medium speed, last was slow... but the pumps felt strong, aim to hit 160 by 3rd set next time. **REMEMBER TO ALIGN BAR WITH SHOULDERS!**
    Dead-Lifts - 240lbs - 5 - INTENSE! Slow speed. Increase 5lbs next time... 10 if I feel crazy pumped.

NOTES
    Felt GREAT today... amazing! I could have done so much more on the treadmill! But had no time!

Workout was really good as well ... now for how I feel AFTER... my legs really hurt now

Good amount of fat in take... need to lower protein a tad more though.

Good day
    No excuses.

haters gonna hate. this_is_war87's Avatar
    this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) this_is_war87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MegaAlmighty View Post
    Thanks war

I started at 174... I wanted to go down to the 150's... possibly even low 160 should I retain a ton more lean mass than expected! But mid 150's is definitely the ideal goal, but above that, I would love to stay the same weight but MUCH lower bf ... I guess around 7%-11%

As of now... I have no idea where my true weight stands... I am on creatine and still feel bloated... I weighed in at 168 this morning, which I was pretty happy with... considering its only been 19 days of keto

by day 21, I'll probably ideally be around 166.8-167.8 ... thats 3 weeks. I started at 174, so thats about 8lbs lost, at an average of about 2.66sh lbs per week!
    Making awesome progress nonetheless... Repped.
    I'm red because a mod negged me for posting Raven Riley n00dz.

Originally Posted by this_is_war87 View Post
    Making awesome progress nonetheless... Repped.
    Thanks bro... and guess what?

I weighed in at 166.6 today and still feel some bloating... meaning I probably still have some water weight on me

<3 CKD keto
    No excuses.

evenbalance1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evenbalance1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) evenbalance1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by adwill View Post
    i'm no expert on it, but i believe the general consensus around here is to leave pure whey shakes to post workout only (I'd imagine pre is not too bad either, though). And most people suggest if you take them any other time, to include some fat to negate the insulin. But I'm just reiterating what I've read here, so maybe someone else can explain it.

but reducing the whey after cardio and pre-cardio is probably a solid start.

But really, all that matters is getting something that works for you. I just think I'd have a hard time staying in ketosis with that much whey. If your engine is a-burnin, keep it up!
    oh god i didnt know that whey rushes you .. whey drinks are one of my staples for my diet!!! OH GOD!!!

Day 19

Meal 1
    Multi-vitamin
    3 Large Eggs
    6 slices bacon

Meal 2
    Whopper Patty
    2 slices cheese
    2 slices bacon

Pre-Cardio
    4 oz coffee
    3 splenda packets
    3 tbsp whipping cream
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

Cardio, speed walking, 38 minutes

Meal 3
    2 burger pattys
    1.5 slice havarti cheese
    2 slices bacon

TOTALS
    Calories = 2019
    Fat = 164g/74%
    Protein = 117g/23%
    Carbs = 14g/3%

NOTES
    Felt good today... legs a bit sore. Need to keep protein a little higher next time, at least +5 above required amount. (127g)

Carbup is coming up... time to be careful, I performed perfectly last time.
    No excuses.

oops, above post is day 20
    No excuses.

Important Note

I definitely need to up protein intake at times or at least keep it in conjuction with fat...

My recovery felt very slow this last 2 days and I am still a bit sore in certain large muscles groups (Legs, shoulders, chest)

I took only 117g of protein yesterday, explains alot.

I have to look into casein protein... something to take at night. Going to read some to see if its keto friendly.

UPDATE

WOW, the workout today was extremely dreadful... oh my gosh. I definitely need to up protein next week, 15g+ lean body weight.

My legs really hurt alot, not sore, but hurt. Other parts were still really sore... guess it doesn't help that it was friday and I was extremely deprived of glycogen and energy.

I'm going to drown in carbs, because my body is telling me it needs it, badly.
    Last edited by MegaAlmighty; 06-06-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    No excuses.