SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Animal Pak got me sick?

Edit: Let me add this up front: I've never heard a single bad thing about Animal Pak. I'm not out to bad mouth their product. I believe they work great for nearly everybody who tries them out. But, they don't work for me. It's probably just me... and maybe another person or two with a weird allergy or something? I don't know. All I know is that when I take animal pak, I get sick. Here's the details...

About 2 years ago (the last time I was working out), I had a problem- it's one of the reasons I gave up lifting weights. I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience, or might be able to guess what's going on.

After working out without illness for about 6 month, I decided to take a better multi-vite, so I went with Animal Pak. I was on them for less than 3 days and came down with a nasty cold or flu. I'm talking about completely clogged nose, sleeping 20 hours a day, sneezing like a mofo, muscle soreness, could barely get out of bed. I quit working out, I quit taking the vitamins and went back to normal after a day or two and then I started right back up.

I got back on the vitamins and within 2 days, I had another cold/flu.

This time, I waited a little longer. Instead of going back to working out in a day or two, I waited a full week to be sure I was recovered. Then I started working out again and a few days later, got back on the animal pak. And yup, you guessed it. Sick again! Missed another day or two of work. At that point, I gave up on Animal Pak and haven't had a sick day since.

I have known allergies to nickel and epoxy (doubt either of those things are in Animal Pak), I also have seasonal allergies, but no known food allergy.

Any idea of what's in the Pak that might cause this? I worked out for a year, don't think I ever got sick but maybe once... except when on the Pak. What was going on?
    Last edited by SirHumpsalot; 05-14-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Former Active Duty Marine BigBadBarbarian's Avatar
    BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBadBarbarian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know man. Wish I could help but I aint a doctor. I ordered Animal Pak and it should get here tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't make me sick as well.

mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mikestarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had something similar. I would harldly ever get sick and i was taking animal pak pretty regular. All of a sudden i was really sick and it was strange because i was in the gym and taking vitamins and just thought it was odd.

So now i dont take animal pack every day...maybe 2 or three times a week. I havent been sick sense.

Who knows if that is why...there are a lot of sweaty hands all over stuff at the gym and they might have something.
    ******official misc photography crew ****** I think my muscle memory has alzheimers

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    supps don't cause colds or the flu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User TheStiffmeister's Avatar
    TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000)
    animal pak is not getting you sick. being alive gets you sick lol. it is all part of it. i get the flu and ****. don't blame it on the supplement.

however, if you don't want the remaining animal paks, i would be glad to have them
    Godhand502 = the man!

kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kcinnitram91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I'm sorry to hear that you don't like animal pak. It sounds to me like coincidence rather than allergies. If it was allergies you would have an allergic reaction and not a cold. My best advice would be to take back the animal pak. We have a 100% money back guarantee so you will get your money back. Then print out the ingredient list for pak and take it to your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirHumpsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kcinnitram91 View Post
    Well I'm sorry to hear that you don't like animal pak. It sounds to me like coincidence rather than allergies. If it was allergies you would have an allergic reaction and not a cold. My best advice would be to take back the animal pak. We have a 100% money back guarantee so you will get your money back. Then print out the ingredient list for pak and take it to your doctor and see what he/she thinks.
    I often do mistake my allergies for colds when they first start to come on. I appreciate the offer, but the can is long gone- left it in my desk at my old job. And it's nothing against your product. You have a lot of avid fans of your products and, from what I can tell, your strong reputation is well-deserved. It's just not a product that works for me personally.
    Like what I post? Then give me NEGATIVE rep.

Sidowsobrino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile I experienced the same!!!

Originally Posted by SirHumpsalot View Post
    Edit: Let me add this up front: I've never heard a single bad thing about Animal Pak. I'm not out to bad mouth their product. I believe they work great for nearly everybody who tries them out. But, they don't work for me. It's probably just me... and maybe another person or two with a weird allergy or something? I don't know. All I know is that when I take animal pak, I get sick. Here's the details...

About 2 years ago (the last time I was working out), I had a problem- it's one of the reasons I gave up lifting weights. I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience, or might be able to guess what's going on.

After working out without illness for about 6 month, I decided to take a better multi-vite, so I went with Animal Pak. I was on them for less than 3 days and came down with a nasty cold or flu. I'm talking about completely clogged nose, sleeping 20 hours a day, sneezing like a mofo, muscle soreness, could barely get out of bed. I quit working out, I quit taking the vitamins and went back to normal after a day or two and then I started right back up.

I got back on the vitamins and within 2 days, I had another cold/flu.

This time, I waited a little longer. Instead of going back to working out in a day or two, I waited a full week to be sure I was recovered. Then I started working out again and a few days later, got back on the animal pak. And yup, you guessed it. Sick again! Missed another day or two of work. At that point, I gave up on Animal Pak and haven't had a sick day since.

I have known allergies to nickel and epoxy (doubt either of those things are in Animal Pak), I also have seasonal allergies, but no known food allergy.

Any idea of what's in the Pak that might cause this? I worked out for a year, don't think I ever got sick but maybe once... except when on the Pak. What was going on?
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I started using AP because I seemed to be feeling pain from lack of nutrients, but after trying AP, I realized the product is extreme with the ingredients they contain. Remember, these particular products are for HUGE bodybuilders. The REALLY BIG, BIG GUYS! So I suggest trying slow, building up a tolerance to see how much your body requires to feel good, working at your pace, and feeling healthy, strong, and in the best shape possible! Good Luck and all the best.