Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tdog69 View Post
    bump

Here is another important part of a beginners training
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108517061
    ah that was nice and simple.. thank you!

What are your thoughts on micronutrients? I read a couple of posts where the jist was.. 1 multi vitamin is not enough a day? If my diet is balanced(fruit, veggies, protien, some fat, carbs, water) is that really enough?

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by g85 View Post

What are your thoughts on micronutrients? I read a couple of posts where the jist was.. 1 multi vitamin is not enough a day? If my diet is balanced(fruit, veggies, protien, some fat, carbs, water) is that really enough?
    I always go with the rule of thumbs when you are lifting or exercising you are using more than normal and require a little more. I normally take a multi in the morning and evening. Fish oil though I base it on how much fish I consume, because I eat a lot of different types of fish, kind of what happens when fishing is a big hobby

My favorite Mulit, actually got some really good ratings in consumer reports
    Source Naturals Men''s Life Force Multiple
    Fat Man Typing

g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) g85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tdog69 View Post
    I always go with the rule of thumbs when you are lifting or exercising you are using more than normal and require a little more. I normally take a multi in the morning and evening. Fish oil though I base it on how much fish I consume, because I eat a lot of different types of fish, kind of what happens when fishing is a big hobby

My favorite Mulit, actually got some really good ratings in consumer reports
    Source Naturals Men''s Life Force Multiple
    Thanks..that's one thing i'm not doing is eating enough fish or taking any extra fish oil.

Always a Marine! Now LPN! Kilim's Avatar
    Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got motivated and made an MS Excel worksheet based off britlifter's 3 day program that I have been following.

Maybe some people can find it useful and some may find they can modify it for their own personal use
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kilim; 06-14-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    "Fear is the Mind Killer!"
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body!"

My Transformation Blog: http://mannixcastro.com/
    Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108563891
    White Flood Juicy Grape Sponsored Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139863933&p=784479373

Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kilim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This is one of my favorite articles when it comes to nutrition.
    ****Guide to Cutting, Bulking & Maintenance****

Simplified version.

Decide if you are Cutting, Bulking or in Maintenance Phase.

Cut - 10-13 cals per lb of bodyweight
    Maintain: 13-15 cals per lb of bodyweight
    Bulk: 15-18 cals per lb of bodyweight

Once you know how many cals you need to start cutting, now you can figure out your P/C/F ratio. Some of these ratios of Protein/Carbs/Fat many have successfully used are: 40/40/20, 50/20/30 or Isocaloric 33/33/33 to name a few.

Each Gram of Protein = 4 cals
    Each Gram of Carbs = 4 cals
    Each Gram of Fat = 9 cals

To figure this out is alot more simple than you think. For example, to follow a 40/40/20 ratio for a 200lb person.
    40%
    Approx: 2400 cals needed to cut

Now do the math:

2400 cals 40/40/20
    40% of 2400 = 960 cals need to come from Protein
    40% of 2400 = 960 cals need to come from Carbs
    20% of 2400 = 480 cals need to come from Fat

Now that we know where the calories need to come from, its time to figure grams.

960 divided by 4 = 240G of Protein
    960 divided by 4 = 240G of Carbs
    480 divided by 9 = 53G of Fat

Then divide this up by 5 to 6 meals a day add in 3-4 servings of Green fibrous veggies and your done. Be sure that most of your fat comes from EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids)
    Thats it in a nutshell.

Additional suggestions:

* Eat a Healthy & balanced diet 5-6 times a day.
    * Drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water a day!
    * Stay consistent in everything!
    * Track your progress. Keep a journal!
    * Do your exercises in proper form! Less is best in good form than Heavy and doing it all wrong!
    * Supplements that are a MUST use in my personal opinion are:
    • Protein Powder (Whey Isolate for Post-workout and Casein for Pre-bed)
    • Multi-vitamin (Any will do fine but try to get the Iron FREE ones, Centrum is better than nothing!)
    • Fish Oil or Flax Seed/Oil or Both!
    - IF in Cutting Phase: you may want to do more Cardio/HIT exercises.
    - IF in Bulking Phase: you may want to do less Cardio/HIT exercises.
    - Find the right balance of Cardio/HIT frequency for you and that will fit your goal!

These are all just examples! It is NOT set in stone.
    I could be wrong in somethings I suggested and if so, would love to be educated/corrected
    Each one of us are individuals and are all built different, so we need to find what works best for us.

I am re-educating myself and will always have to learn something new everyday.
    That is what we have to do to evolve into better people

Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108563891
    White Flood Juicy Grape Sponsored Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139863933&p=784479373

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    I got motivated and made an MS Excel worksheet based off britlifter's 3 day program that I have been following.

Maybe some people can find it useful and some may find they can modify it for their own personal use
    Thats very nice of you, thankyou

Originally Posted by britlifter View Post
    Thats very nice of you, thankyou
    NP, I like helping out ... considering others help me out as well
    It makes for good karma

PS:

I had some free time and decided to modify the spreadsheet even more!
    You can find it on the thread I made for it here: Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustywalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    reps for making this good job man.

I changed my Alt. leg Curls to Straight Leg Deadlift and find it better for the 3 day routine.

Did I forget to mention that this is one of my Favorite Threads?

PS:
    I also just got the Starting Strength book and I find it a GREAT Read!
    Last edited by Kilim; 06-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.

ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultragymrat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Wow, nice, I am not giving any more advice to newbies anymore, great job.

I'm basically doing this routine for a while. Really want to increase my bench press and I think I've been overworking my elbow.

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    3x5 Pendlay Rows

jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Britlifter, I was wondering if you changed your eating habits when changing from HIT to the Periodization routine? And if that might have been part of a reason for the difference in additional bodyweight. I know Jones/Darden/Mentzer didn't go into too much detail on diet (from what I've read), whereas the rest of the bodybuilding world suggest more calories, esp protein in the diet.

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jtart2 View Post
    Britlifter, I was wondering if you changed your eating habits when changing from HIT to the Periodization routine?
    I'v never trained HIT, from where did you get that idea?

What routines are you talking about specificaly in the OP?

Originally Posted by jtart2 View Post
    And if that might have been part of a reason for the difference in additional bodyweight.
    What additional bodyweight?
    Last edited by britlifter; 07-02-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how can you incorpoate cardio into such a program to minimise fat gain and muscle loss?

NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm basically doing this routine for a while. Really want to increase my bench press and I think I've been overworking my elbow.

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    3x5 Pendlay Rows
    Do Powercleans instead of Rows
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]

Originally Posted by NoFlag View Post
    Do Powercleans instead of Rows
    I know..I know.. I know but i'm still not sure how to do them correctly and I'll be using light weights so will I really get a benifit? I will eventually.

myalterego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much weight for a newbie??

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but if I have started to work out (mainly just bench press, bicep curls, leg curls, leg extensions and crunches, will round out my routine shortly) but I don't know how much weight I should be lifting. Should I be straining the hell out of myself to complete 8 reps or should I use a lesser amount of weight and go for a higher number of sets. My goal is to transform myself from the 6' 250lb fat guy I am to a much more muscular 6' 200 lb ish guy.

Thanks for any advice.

Brendan

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by myalterego View Post
    I know it sounds like a dumb question, but if I have started to work out (mainly just bench press, bicep curls, leg curls, leg extensions and crunches, will round out my routine shortly) but I don't know how much weight I should be lifting. Should I be straining the hell out of myself to complete 8 reps or should I use a lesser amount of weight and go for a higher number of sets. My goal is to transform myself from the 6' 250lb fat guy I am to a much more muscular 6' 200 lb ish guy.

Thanks for any advice.

Brendan
    you should buy or find online starting strength. you should do real exercises like squats, deadlifts, cleans and presses before crap like leg extensions and bicep curls
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

Originally Posted by myalterego View Post

Thanks for any advice.

Brendan
    No need to push yourself to failure especialy just starting out.

Heix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mond. Bi: 3x8 Bi. curl ; 3x8 Hammer curl ; Chinup 6,4,2
    Back: 12x3 Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row ; 12x3 Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlift

Tues. Tri: 8x3 Stand. Tri. extension ; 6x3 Tri Db Kickback ; 6x3 Tate press
    Chest:12x3 Pushup (feet on bed) ; 10x3 Dumbbell Flyes

Wedn. ABS : 25x3 Air bike ; 12x3 Leg Pull-In
    Shoulders: 8x3 Dumbbell Raise ; 8x3 Standing Palms-In Dumbbell Press

gona do this for the end of the summer and then going to switch to something more diff.
    whats ur thoughts on it ?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heix,

What kind of routine is that? No leg work, and are you doing bis and tris BEFORE chest and back respectively? If so, way wrong.

Also, why are you working out three days in a row? That makes no sense. The reason britlifter wrote this programme out for new guys is so that they'd develop a good base FIRST and FOREMOST. The routine you printed out was lacking in a lot of things, mainly legs. Please do yourself a favour and read over the original templates that britlifter so thoughtfully wrote out. They are solid pieces of advice on training.

If not britlifter's ideas, then either Rippetoe or Starrs' programmes will do very well.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Heix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Heix,

What kind of routine is that? No leg work, and are you doing bis and tris BEFORE chest and back respectively? If so, way wrong.

Also, why are you working out three days in a row? That makes no sense. The reason britlifter wrote this programme out for new guys is so that they'd develop a good base FIRST and FOREMOST. The routine you printed out was lacking in a lot of things, mainly legs. Please do yourself a favour and read over the original templates that britlifter so thoughtfully wrote out. They are solid pieces of advice on training.

If not britlifter's ideas, then either Rippetoe or Starrs' programmes will do very well.
    Yet havent done that routine but when i do il do back befor bis and chest before tri then, thanks for that advice, and its a simple 3 days routine, and i thought as im workin out different muscles every day so why cant i do 3 days in a row? But i can change it to mon. wed. and fri aswell, wouldnt bother me.
    and my goal is to gain mass not strenght and my legs look fine and i run, so that should do it for the legs.

Originally Posted by Heix View Post
    Yet havent done that routine but when i do il do back befor bis and chest before tri then, thanks for that advice, and its a simple 3 days routine, and i thought as im workin out different muscles every day so why cant i do 3 days in a row? But i can change it to mon. wed. and fri aswell, wouldnt bother me.
    and my goal is to gain mass not strenght and my legs look fine and i run, so that should do it for the legs.
    You want rest between workout days for your muscle to actually grow!
    That is the reasoning behind it.
    Why arent you growing???

I am actually doing the 3 day program that britlifter listed here:
    A rotation that hits each bodypart once every 4-5 days (3 times every 2 weeks)

WEEK 1

Monday
    Squat 2-3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8 (I do Straight Leg Deadlifts)
    BB Row 4 x 6
    Bicep Iso 3 x 8 (I do BB Bicep Curls)

Wednesday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Dips 3 x 6-8
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 2 x 8 (I do Tricep Pushdown)

Friday
    Deadlift 2 x 5, 1 x 3
    Leg Press 2-3 x 10
    Wide Grip Pullups 4 x 8

WEEK 2

Monday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Dips 3 x 6-8
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 3 x 8 (I do Tricep Pushdown)

Wednesday
    Squat 2-3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8 (I do Straight Leg Deadlifts)
    Pullups/ DB Row 3 x 8

Friday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    Incline Press 2-3 x 10
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 3 x 8 (I do Tricep Pushdown)

Repeat
    NOTE:
    I warm-up each exercise doing the following:
    (approx weight x Reps x Set)
    Bar x 5 x 2
    50% x 5 x 1
    75% x 3 x 1
    85% x 2 x 1
    Start Sets

I track my progress with this routine using my Workout Planner Spreadsheet for MS Excel

I am currently on a cutting phase and I been doing decent progress so far with that routine IMHO
    Including my 10min warmup + few minutes of stretching before and after the workout, it I am in and out of the gym in 1-1 1/2 hours.

You say you are bulking, this is a great article you should read
    http://www.bodybuilding.net/weightlo...ance-2020.html

Compound Lifts > Isolations
    Why no Squats? Barbell Deadlifts?

Follow the basics that has been posted by britlifter and then when you get more advanced, that is when you can experiment with other things.

PS:
    I am a Novice working on Advancing myself
    Last edited by Kilim; 07-03-2008 at 07:34 AM.

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wish i would have found these kinda posts when i first started going on bb.com

My 10 day rotation inspired by Layne Norton's training style

I was really interested in the style of training that pro natural Layne Norton has used. He trained 5 times per week at times. The 1st 2 days were a heavy upper and a heavy lower followed by a rest day. The next 3 days were a split using higher rep range and different exercises. Day 7 was off then the rotation repeated.

I know that training 5 days per week is too much for me personally, so I came up with a similar template but spread it over a 9 or 10 day rotation instead of the calender week giving more rest and recovery.

I now mostly train with various rep ranges within the same workout but sometimes I still separate the two qualities (strength/power and hypertrophy) and perform them on their own day.

Below is how I set it up, nothings set in stone and exercises can get rotated but you'll get the gist.

I'm putting it out there as it may be of interest or give others ideas on how to include power/strength days with hypertrophy specific days, but may not be able to or want to train 5 times per week.

This is how I set it up:

Day 1: Heavy Upper
    Day 2:
    Day 3: Heavy Lower
    Day 4:
    Day 5: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 6: Back, Biceps
    Day 7:
    Day 8: Legs
    Day 9:
    Day 10:
    Repeat, or Repeat on Day 10

Day 1 - Heavy Upper
    Bench 3 x 3 or 3 x 5 or work up to a 1RM
    Row 3 x 5
    OH Press 3 x 5

Day 3 - Heavy Lower
    Squats 3 x 3 or 3 x 5 or work up to a 1RM
    GHR 3 x 5
    Calves 3 x 6

Days 5-8 All exercises are 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

Day 5 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Bench or Dips
    DB Flyes
    Side Lateral Raises
    Front Lateral Raises
    Tricep Isolation

Day 6 - Back, Biceps
    Close Grip Chins
    Rows
    Wide Grip Chins
    Shrugs
    Curls

Day 8 - Legs
    Squat Variant
    GHR
    Leg Press
    Ham Curl
    Calf Work

I posted this routine on iron addicts site and was glad that iron addict thought it pretty decent:
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15756

P.S. Yes I am "britlifter" just had a change of username to "Natural2"
    Last edited by Natural2; 08-09-2008 at 07:02 AM.

I Have Teh Beautiful Wife jwdjrs's Avatar
    jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jwdjrs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good thread

hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hans9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great thread... i wish i saw this back in college... back when i was just lifting without knowing how/why it works....
    every newbie should read this...because on top of the routine given, there were a lot of great tips that really made sense..

thanks man.. and thanks for the others who added helpful stuff..

Originally Posted by jwdjrs View Post
    Good thread
    Thx man I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by hans9 View Post
    great thread... i wish i saw this back in college... back when i was just lifting without knowing how/why it works....
    every newbie should read this...because on top of the routine given, there were a lot of great tips that really made sense..

thanks man.. and thanks for the others who added helpful stuff..
    I appreciate your comment thx!

Many have contributed to the thread, thx to everyone!

buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buckeye9905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I have read through this post and another one linked to this and it seems that you should only work a body part out once a week. What I had been doing is what I guess is the "Triple H workout". I ran across it online and it seemed good (obviously judging by his results) and because its a 4 day work out.

What changes would you make to this work out (ie sub/add excersizes, days)

Day 1- Chest(heavy day)

Incline bench presses. 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Flat Bench presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell Presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Lateral raises or upright rows 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Tricep Pushdowns 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Day 2- Back, Biceps, Legs (Light)

Wide grip pulldowns- 2-4 sets of 12-15
    Dumbbell Rows- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Hyperextensions- 1-2 sets of 12-15 reps
    Dumbbell curls- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Barbell curls. 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Leg extensions 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Legs curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Calf raises. 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Day 3 (Light Day)

Incline Bench presses 2-4 sets. 12-15 reps
    Flat-bench presses 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Dumbbell bench press 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Lateral raises/ or upright rows- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Tricep pushdowns 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Lying tricep extensions.. 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Day 4 (Heavy Day)

Wide grip pulldowns 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell rows 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Hyper extensions 1-2 sets of 10-15 reps
    Dumbbell curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Barbell curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Leg extensions 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Leg presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Leg curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Calf raises 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 1
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Curl: 8 reps
    3x A Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
    2x Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3
    Legs/ Back/ Bi's

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4
    Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Incline DB Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps
    2x Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: On
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: On
    Day 7: Off
    1) Is there a reason for the first excersise to be 4x5? Could I do 3x8?
    2) Would M,T,T,F work? I don't like going to the gym on Saturdays.
    3) Can I do SLDL for the hams on Day 1?
    4) Something is wrong with my ratator cluff, when I'm doing lateral rises it hurts and probobly makes it worse. Would Arnold press work(or the Military)?
    Just interested.
    Last edited by NoFlag; 08-20-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]