workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Independent trainers! question on insurance, percentage to the gym, and prices!

So i've noticed my area lacks personal trainers and ive really been considering getting going on this.

I have a gym that i think i could work out of, but im unsure about what to propose to the owner. I know i will need to give him a percentage or monthly rate, but what should that figure look like? I dont plan on having a ton of clients, only like 3 clients a few times a week at first. So any info or insight will help!?

Also, do i need insurance? Or can i just get them to sign a waiver and release me of all liability?

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    there r no trainers already in the gym?
    "Humility comes before honor"

workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50) workerwoody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Currently there arent! its something my area lacks greatly. Out of our 5-6 gyms there are about 5-6 trainers.

I want to get in it, but im just unsure about how to go out on my own.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by workerwoody View Post
    So i've noticed my area lacks personal trainers and ive really been considering getting going on this.

I have a gym that i think i could work out of, but im unsure about what to propose to the owner. I know i will need to give him a percentage or monthly rate, but what should that figure look like? I dont plan on having a ton of clients, only like 3 clients a few times a week at first. So any info or insight will help!?

Also, do i need insurance? Or can i just get them to sign a waiver and release me of all liability?
    You will have to discuss either the flat fee or percentage with the gym owner, as well as whether or not he wants trainers, whether or not he wants YOU as a trainer and whether or not you're qualified in the first place.

As to insurance, this is something you will have to research. I didn't have any when I was training people -- just made them sign waivers -- but that was quite some time ago now and you're better off checking to be sure...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As stated above, you have to contact the gym owner to set up rates to train independently from his gym.

I pay Gold's Gym $300 a month to train clients there. It's not a "hardcore" gold's. It's a Gold's in a rich part of town, with rich clientele. It might be cheaper at others.

Hope that helps

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    You will have to discuss either the flat fee or percentage with the gym owner, as well as whether or not he wants trainers, whether or not he wants YOU as a trainer and whether or not you're qualified in the first place.

As to insurance, this is something you will have to research. I didn't have any when I was training people -- just made them sign waivers -- but that was quite some time ago now and you're better off checking to be sure...
    Yea i was planning on going sometime next week to see what we could work out and to see if he would even consider this. I just wanted to get a rough idea as to what percentage would be fair to give them.

Thanks for the other replies!

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, ****, no idea on what the rates are these days...maybe talk to other trainers in the area, aside from what you're doing here...you could ask them about the insurance thing also, I guess...

I never had to pay a gym a fee of any kind. Back when I was doing it, a lot of the people I trained had memberships at the county RECs or various gyms and I would just train them where they were already a member. None of the gyms seemed to care back then, probably because so few people were doing it. If nothing else, I'd just train them at the college facility, since almost no one else ever used the weight room or cardio area (until they built a new sports complex and then it became always jammed -- didn't really matter because that coincided neatly with my graduation) and security knew me because I was always there and didn't really question whether the other people were students or not. Sadly, all of that is definitely now a thing of the past with liability and sue-happy dickheads about to the extent they are now...if you can find a gym owner who likes you, though, you're set...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

thanks for trhe help guys..

anyone else?