Thread: Uneven thighs

Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hewunder1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uneven thighs

Okay, I have been working out for a couple years now and as I did squats/lunges etc. I began to notice that my right thigh is bigger than the left. I have proper form and everything, but a lot of times my soreness the next day is spread out or more so in my right leg. and sometimes I concentrate during excercise to even put more pressure on the left leg to get it more of a workout. It's really starting to bug me... does anyone know a good way to even out the legs? Any suggestions appreciated.
    Go Pokes.

torture devil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    idk if anything dont try to put more weight on one side for one and maybe try leg extentions with alternating legs you know 10 right leg 10 left that may help.

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try doing leg extensions and curls with only the smaller leg and dont even do these with the bigger one

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hewunder1 View Post
    Okay, I have been working out for a couple years now and as I did squats/lunges etc. I began to notice that my right thigh is bigger than the left. I have proper form and everything, but a lot of times my soreness the next day is spread out or more so in my right leg. and sometimes I concentrate during excercise to even put more pressure on the left leg to get it more of a workout. It's really starting to bug me... does anyone know a good way to even out the legs? Any suggestions appreciated.

I have the same problem. Not the soreness... more in terms of size and development. I'm considering adding reps or even sets of uni lateral work only to the left leg. Doing so for arms has corrected this assymetry for me.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you considered footwear and any congential abnormalities? Sometimes if you have had an injury in the past it will mess up your body's alignment and you will naturally use one side more than the other. If your shoes wear more on one side than the other try to fix your gait with an insole or physical therapy. If that side is the same as your already dominant side it can lead to asynchronous growth.

Also, measure your legs' size. It could just be in your head about the size discrepancy. Perceived strength differences are pretty common though.
    Chris Brown, CSCS

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by UCONN_CSCS View Post
    Have you considered footwear and any congential abnormalities? Sometimes if you have had an injury in the past it will mess up your body's alignment and you will naturally use one side more than the other. If your shoes wear more on one side than the other try to fix your gait with an insole or physical therapy. If that side is the same as your already dominant side it can lead to asynchronous growth.

Also, measure your legs' size. It could just be in your head about the size discrepancy. Perceived strength differences are pretty common though.
    Good post.
    3/4" difference for me at least.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, measure your legs' size. It could just be in your head about the size discrepancy.
    yup, this is true for me. I'd always thought my right thigh was bigger, but I found out that my left thigh is actually bigger - 3/8" bigger.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try lunging with one leg or one leg leg presses

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    also consider working on your mind-muscle link in the smaller leg. When you squat, think about the smaller leg working. I wouldnt consciously shift my body toward the smaller leg, but would try to feel its contractions much more than the other.

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

good post

single leg split squats would probably be a good way to even them up and see if there is a big strength difference between the 2...
    BRB, going hunting...

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    I wouldn't recommend doing anything for one leg that you don't do with the other leg. just try doing lots of unilateral work, starting with your weak leg and then doing the same amount of reps and weight with your strong leg.
    after i had surgery on my left knee, that leg lost a TON of muscle in only a few weeks and became way smaller than the other leg. afterwards when i went to physical therapy and they were trying to get the leg back to normal, they had me doing exercises like lunges, one-leg romanian deadlifts, step-ups, the stairmaster, and a couple different variations of squats. the squats were the only exercises i did that had both legs working at the same time. you could also use bulgarian split-squats or pistol squats to get some unilateral squats.

now, i should mention that the PT failed horribly at returning my leg to normal size, but i think that was because they insisted on me using ridiculously low amounts of weight to where i didn't even feel anything in my legs, and because i was so incredibly unhealthy at the time - getting extremely drunk every night and eating a horrible horrible diet. it was a couple months after that when i started eating right (and not drinking) and going back to the gym to try to get in shape. for my leg workouts I've been doing pretty much the same exercises that they had me doing, except now i actually use enough weight to give my legs a workout, and i think it is actually working this time and my left leg seems to be getting closer and closer to being the same as my right leg.
    Last edited by thebm; 07-10-2008 at 03:37 PM.