pasquale412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running on sore legs

What do you guys think about running while your legs are still sore from your leg workout. My legs are sore basically all week after leg day. They dont feel good until its leg day again the following week. I like running and I am trying to cut up. But do you think it is counter productive to run while your legs are sore? This isnt going to stop me from running but I just wanted some opinions. Thanks.
    Finish Strong!!

themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I might suggest exploring why your legs are sore all week? Possibly certain people could be more prone to DOMS than others, which I could not speak to, because I have only ever been me.... anyways are you in caloric deificit on purpose currently for a summer cut or something to that effect? If not, maybe you could reduce DOMS overall with different nutrition timing or something else. I know this does not exactly answer your question but I think its an angle worth considering.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by themills View Post
    I might suggest exploring why your legs are sore all week? Possibly certain people could be more prone to DOMS than others, which I could not speak to, because I have only ever been me.... anyways are you in caloric deificit on purpose currently for a summer cut or something to that effect? If not, maybe you could reduce DOMS overall with different nutrition timing or something else. I know this does not exactly answer your question but I think its an angle worth considering.

First things first... get out of my head..

Ok.. OP. RUnning will be fine on sore legs. Its targeting different muscle fibers. Type II vs Type I. Red vs White.

I run all the time and my legs are still progressing. Slow.. but they are progressing.

We run long distances in both shoes and sometimes in boots. It sucks while your running I usually lag behind the rest of the formation. But I usually get back up there when someone gets next to me and yells at me to hurry up and catch up. That I'm fat and nasty, and wanna be lazy blah blah blah.

The next day I'm usually not as sore. Running I feel losens the stiff legs up.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxwhe3l5xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    running does loosen up the legs... especially when you havent reached the anaerobic threshold for the muscle fibers in your legs. like the guy said above typeI vs. type II sort of thing. as long as your only workin the slow twitch its going to help increase circulation to the legs and flush out lactic acid and other waste products.

pasquale412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had to look up what DOMS was but anyways, no I am not in caloric deficit. I train legs very hard. To the point of almost puking. That is why I am sore for almost an entire week. I didnt know about the Type I vs Type II. Thanks for that info. Now I wont question my tactics as much while I am running. Thanks.
    Finish Strong!!

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    Agree with this 100% for my situation. I get little DOMS in the majority of my muscles, but the following 2-5 days after legs I am always extremely sore unless I am in a calorie surplus. I continue to run 4-5 times a week and it has always helped.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    I run all the time and my legs are still progressing. Slow.. but they are progressing.

We run long distances in both shoes and sometimes in boots. It sucks while your running I usually lag behind the rest of the formation. But I usually get back up there when someone gets next to me and yells at me to hurry up and catch up. That I'm fat and nasty, and wanna be lazy blah blah blah.

Absolutely - I do a cardio day right after leg day and I have to say there is no better way to losen up stiff legs

it's hard going at first like you said but after a while you can feel them relax and regain some strength
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it is okay to run for short period of time and use your legs in light exercise the following day. its called active recovery

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThEBoKi View Post
    active recovery
    ^^^

It'll be good to get some blood running there.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Exercising muscles afflicted by DOMS can help relieve pain... Also, a friend of mine says kre-alkalyn reduces/prevents DOMS as it flushes out lactic acid with the water it brings into the muscle...
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein