Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Front Squat Form Check

Trying to get advice on my form and what I am doing wrong. The bar has a problem of rolling/sliding so thats obviously a problem. I hold it palms over heart style. The 225X1 my knees felt a bit wobbly.

Consistency

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    Trying to get advice on my form and what I am doing wrong. The bar has a problem of rolling/sliding so thats obviously a problem. I hold it palms over heart style. The 225X1 my knees felt a bit wobbly.

Well that is not the oly style of holding the bar. Learn to do oly style and hold your elbows up the entire time. I have to force my elbows up and this will keep you with a nice arch in your back. It is the same position as the bottom of the clean.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you have some PL-style 'sitting back' going on, and your hips rise first out of the bottom resulting in some good-morning type action. Let your torso drop between your hips and keep your torso upright throughout the lift.

Stance might be a little wide.

Slow your descent down a bit, you are rocketing into the bottom!

And if you are doing these for oly training, ditch that cross-arm grip.

deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadbycheese is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Looks like you have some PL-style 'sitting back' going on, and your hips rise first out of the bottom resulting in some good-morning type action. Let your torso drop between your hips and keep your torso upright throughout the lift.

He wasn't doing a good morning, but the hips did rise first. Everything else, I agree.
    "Squatting 405 lbs your first time doesn't mean you're strong it means you failed geometry." - Newbtime

I rep back.
    I neg back.
    Pics or negs.

metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Looked fine to me

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

Not for oly training, but I might try to work on the "snatch grip"???I think its called??? I'll work on the torso positioning definitely. Thanks
    Consistency

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadbycheese View Post
    He wasn't doing a good morning, but the hips did rise first. Everything else, I agree.
    If the hips rise first, the back then has to go through loaded extension - similar to a good morning. I wasn't confusing the two lifts. Back extension during a front squat should be avoided if you want to stay healthy.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ditch the cross grip and use the clean grip:

make sure to get your elbows high and the bar will rest on your shoulders, the bar will not roll if it's secured in this position.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    am I the only one having trouble with the video?

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    ditch the cross grip and use the clean grip:

make sure to get your elbows high and the bar will rest on your shoulders, the bar will not roll if it's secured in this position.
    Ok thanks. Yeah clean grip lol. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than a snatch grip. wtf was I thinking
    Consistency

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    It was depressing to hear such a good song bastardized like that.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keep your chest up.... elbows up... look up.....

get your clean grip down... (i am still workin on it........)
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=