Closed Thread
Page 263 of 364 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 10915
    CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Skip, at what point do you think doing cardio interferes with strength training and recovery? I do my cardio before I workout, because after I lift weights I have nothing left at all for cardio, I'm just totally drained. I have tried weights first and I didn't feel like I was any more intense and I just want to skip my cardio when I'm done lifting. I also like to do "long slow" cardio during the day if I can, but that is just for fun, mainly because I can't get out in the winter and do outdoor activities like I'd like to. Is it even possible to burn off muscle?

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Hi Skip, at what point do you think doing cardio interferes with strength training and recovery? I do my cardio before I workout, because after I lift weights I have nothing left at all for cardio, I'm just totally drained. I have tried weights first and I didn't feel like I was any more intense and I just want to skip my cardio when I'm done lifting. I also like to do "long slow" cardio during the day if I can, but that is just for fun, mainly because I can't get out in the winter and do outdoor activities like I'd like to. Is it even possible to burn off muscle?
    That's a good question, CewSaw.

Any type of exercise you do will drain some of your energy reserves to do even more exercise. You are exerting calories. You are burning calories. And, any time you burn calories, you have the potential to "burn off muscle."

There is a point when cardio interferes with weight training when you do it before your workout. And, the weight training before your cardio can interfere with how much energy you have left for it.

It really comes down to a couple of things:

1. How you prioritize and allocate your energy between the both types of training to meet your overall fitness goals.

2. How well you do everything else "right" in the bodybuilding, training, muscle building, and fat loss process. How well do you follow through with your eating habits? How organized and effective is the planning of those weight training and cardio sessions?

For example, if a person wanted to lose body fat and reliedso heavily on cardio that they did it seven days a week--but didn't put that much attention into their diet-0-they could throw many things off. The seven days of cardio could take away from their energy to have better weight training sessions and unnecessarily burn off too much muscle.

The better solution would be to watch their diet more closely, do fewer cardio sessions, and schedule those cardio session around their intense training sessions.

Also, your MIND play a huge role in all of this. Many times, it simply is not so much about being physically drained--it's abut being mentally drained. Not in all cases, but in many. There is always more inside of us!

Do you understand why it so challenging (and a little misleading) just to give blanket statements like:

Cardio will interfere with your weight training.

Cardio will burn off your hard-earned muscle.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    .[/QUOTE]
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

mrky03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, my diet countdown has started. I am full of chicken and green beans! Lol I was suprised when I actually fell short of my projected calorie intake. It seems to take a few weeks to get my metabolism rolling. Have you found this to be the case with most people?
    NGA Natural Pro

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrky03 View Post
    Skip, my diet countdown has started. I am full of chicken and green beans! Lol I was suprised when I actually fell short of my projected calorie intake. It seems to take a few weeks to get my metabolism rolling. Have you found this to be the case with most people?
    Please explain.

You were full of chicken and greens beans AND you fell short of your projected calories?

What does "projected" mean to you?

Full?...fell short?....and will take a few week to get your metabolism rolling????

I think I know what you communicating--I just want to make sure.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Please explain.

You were full of chicken and greens beans AND you fell short of your projected calories?

What does "projected" mean to you?

Full?...fell short?....and will take a few week to get your metabolism rolling????

I think I know what you communicating--I just want to make sure.
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. I set my starting calories for the diet at 3000. I tracked them all day and I was suprised at the end of the day that I had only consumed 2350 and I was full! I remember on my last diet losing weight on 2700 and I was starving!

Meal 1 16 oz egg whites
    1 serving oatmeal, 1 cup strawberries

Meal 2 10 oz chicken, 12 oz green beans

Meal 3 10 oz chicken , 12 oz green beans

Pre workout
    1 serving whey 1 apple

Post workout
    1 serving whey 1 banana

Meal 4
    8 oz 96% lean ground beef, 1/2 cup black beans

Meal 5
    10 oz greek yogurt, banana, 1/8 cup chopped pecans.
    NGA Natural Pro

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I set my starting calories for the diet at 3000. I tracked them all day and I was suprised at the end of the day that I had only consumed 2350 and I was full! I remember on my last diet losing weight on 2700 and I was starving!
    Okay. I understand.

Yes. That is very common. If you persist for about a week and half, you will soon get used to that 2,350 calories and actually be hungry. That's when you'll need to strategically add more and more calories and have this process happen over and over again until you reach your TRUE maintenance level.

That's what I mean when I encourage a person to work toward "eating as many calories as humanly possible without getting fat."

The good thing is that your body will efficiently use the calories and nutrients that go beyond your current hunger level--and not just past them as waste.

That is, of course, up to a certain point.

It is your job to find out what that maximum number of calories your body can use without waste--and that is a very individual matter.

You can't just pull an guesstimate off the internet.

And, as you'll see in the next couple of weeks, you can just base how many calories helps your body perform at "optimal" levels by how hungry you are.

It takes work.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Okay. I understand.

Yes. That is very common. If you persist for about a week and half, you will soon get used to that 2,350 calories and actually be hungry. That's when you'll need to strategically add more and more calories and have this process happen over and over again until you reach your TRUE maintenance level.

That's what I mean when I encourage a person to work toward "eating as many calories as humanly possible without getting fat."

The good thing is that your body will efficiently use the calories and nutrients that go beyond your current hunger level--and not just past them as waste.

That is, of course, up to a certain point.

It is your job to find out what that maximum number of calories your body can use without waste--and that is a very individual matter.

You can't just pull an guesstimate off the internet.

And, as you'll see in the next couple of weeks, you can just base how many calories helps your body perform at "optimal" levels by how hungry you are.

It takes work.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thanks for reinforcing that for me Skip. In the past I have been guilty of just going by how hungry I felt.

So as my metabolism picks up I will gradually add calories. It really does help to hear you spell it out for me!
    NGA Natural Pro

Thanks for reinforcing that for me Skip. In the past I have been guilty of just going by how hungry I felt.

So as my metabolism picks up I will gradually add calories. It really does help to hear you spell it out for me!
    You are using the word "metabolism" a little too loosely for some people in the scientific research community. LOL

But, for what you are trying to achieve, you will get to where you want by following that plan.

I get what you are saying but everyone doesn't describe it that way.

Train Hard. Think Big.

You are using the word "metabolism" a little too loosely for some people in the scientific research community. LOL

But, for what you are trying to achieve, you will get to where you want by following that plan.

I get what you are saying but everyone doesn't describe it that way.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I just listened to your latest podcast while I was doing my Mass Machine cardio. GOAL for me to work on, improve my comunication skills! lol
    NGA Natural Pro

sellis67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

peptides

What happens if your peptide is less than 99.5% pure? Does your body reject it or does it not work? What are fillers and what effect do they have on the body?

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Skip most guys and girls lose much of their sexdrive when they go on long hard diets. I have also read that this also means much lower testosterone levels, and thus the possibilty of keeping musclemass. How did you deal with these things in preparation for contests?
    Last edited by 1983Warrior; 01-03-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Skip most guys and girls lose much of their sexdrive when they go on long hard diets. I have also read that this also means much lower testosterone levels, and thus the possibilty of keeping musclemass. How did you deal with these things in preparation for contests?
    What's your specific question? How do I deal with what exactly?

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    What's your specific question? How do I deal with what exactly?
    Did you do anything to raise your testosterone levels and other hormones which got affected
    (if they got affected)? And how?

walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) walterCorrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive learned things here more then the last 5 years of reading about diets and nutri.

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Did you do anything to raise your testosterone levels and other hormones which got affected
    (if they got affected)? And how?
    No. I really didn't think that much about it.

I don't assume that I am going to be severely negatively impacted by things. And, if I am forced to deal what just normally happens, I just do it the best I can.

I never once thought in all the years I competed "Man! My testosterone and other hormones are being affected!"

Were they affected? I guess.

I do know that I was hungry a lot though. LOL

An when I was hungry, I just manned up and worked through it staying focused on what my ultimate goal was.

That's how I dealt with all the downsides that came with contest preparation.

Train Hard. Think Big.

No. I really didn't think that much about it.

I don't assume that I am going to be severely negatively impacted by things. And, if I am forced to deal what just normally happens, I just do it the best I can.

I never once thought in all the years I competed "Man! My testosterone and other hormones are being affected!"

Were they affected? I guess.

I do know that I was hungry a lot though. LOL

An when I was hungry, I just manned up and worked through it staying focused on what my ultimate goal was.

That's how I dealt with all the downsides that came with contest preparation.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Yeah, hunger is a big big issue. I remember my last serious diet, after I finished it I was hungry and my stomach ached
    even tough I ate more than I needed and this keept on until my bodyfat returned to somewhat normal.

The Science of Bodybuilding and Training (just a small, easy "bite" at a time)

Amino Acids and Proteins

Proteins are made of amino acids arranged in a linear chain and joined together by peptide bonds. Many proteins are the enzymes that catalyze the chemical reactions in metabolism.

Other proteins have structural or mechanical functions, such as the proteins that form the cytoskeleton, a system of scaffolding that maintains the cell shape. Proteins are also important in cell signaling, immune responses, cell adhesion, active transport across membranes, and the cell cycle.

Your Cardio Machine May Read That You've Burned So Many Calories But Don't Eat Just As Much Food

The cardiovascular training machine may read that you've burned so many calories during your session (in terms of exercise)--but you can't directly compare that reading to how many calories (in terms of food) you can and cannot eat.

Although both the cardio machine and your food counts both use "calories," this is not the most effective way to determine if you've created a caloric deficit for the day for a couple of reasons:

First of all, the cardio machine is using "calories" as way to help you measure how much effort you put forth during you session. It's a great way for you to compare how much effort you put into your session versus your previous sessions. These "calories" aren't a direct comparison to the number of calories you are getting from your food in the form of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. So, if you think you can eat 300 more "calories" just because the cardio machine estimated that you "burned" 300 calories, you are going to have a challenge.

Another point that you need to consider is that, if you were to burn 300 "calories" every single cardiovascular training session for the next, let's use as an example, 30 sessions, your body would certainly adapt. Whatever the number of calories that you are really burning in session #1 would be significantly less in session #30 because your body would adapt. That's why it is so important for you increase your intensity during every cardio session.

You also must understand that your "maintenance level" is merely an estimate too. Trying to create a precise formula to establish a caloric deficit with one solid form of measurement (the calories in your food) and two mere estimates (the calories burned reading from a cardio machine and your estimated maintenance level) is not the exact science that many people believe.

This is why you shouldn't rely too much on cardiovascular training and too little on your good, consistent eating habits when trying to lose body fat.

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses these important points that must be considered when you are trying to lose body fat.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking forward to the new Mass Machine supplements - BCAA & CLA & the new preworkout! All 3 a staple in my program year around.
    I am a Champion Mass Machine!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Skip, thanks for what you're doing and I can see that I have a lot of reading to do in this thread, but it certainly seems to be loaded with great information.
    I have a question: I'm 43 y.o. and have been reading 'Beyond Brawn' by Stuart McRobert. I was wondering what you think of his 'abbreviated training' if you are familiar with it. It seems tailor made for me at this point in my life but I wanted to get a drug-free pro's opinion.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Hey Skip, thanks for what you're doing and I can see that I have a lot of reading to do in this thread, but it certainly seems to be loaded with great information.
    I have a question: I'm 43 y.o. and have been reading 'Beyond Brawn' by Stuart McRobert. I was wondering what you think of his 'abbreviated training' if you are familiar with it. It seems tailor made for me at this point in my life but I wanted to get a drug-free pro's opinion.
    Hi tnthudson.

I just now took the time to read some reviews. That's hardly enough to offer a fair opinion of it though.

Do you have a specific about the book that I can give you my opinion on?

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi tnthudson.

I just now took the time to read some reviews. That's hardly enough to offer a fair opinion of it though.

Do you have a specific about the book that I can give you my opinion on?
    Thanks for the honest reply, much appreciated. I'll give disclosure also; I'm almost 3/4 of the way through this behemoth and I'd like to put something pretty specific together to ask you, so if I could I'd like to ask maybe next week when I have some real exercises/sets/reps figured out.
    Thanks again!
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Thanks for the honest reply, much appreciated. I'll give disclosure also; I'm almost 3/4 of the way through this behemoth and I'd like to put something pretty specific together to ask you, so if I could I'd like to ask maybe next week when I have some real exercises/sets/reps figured out.
    Thanks again!
    Ok, tnthudson.

I will be happy to look at what you have put together.

The more specific you can be, the better I can answer your questions.

I will tell you this after reading the reviews, I am big into the power of your MIND when it comes to succeeding with your bodybuilding and training--and everything else in life.

I have real challenge with a person of authority encouraging you to adopt the identity of a "hardgainer." Even defining that label as someone with "average genetics or below."

Maybe you can shed some light on that for me when you outline your program.

Train Hard. Think Big.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    During your scheduled week off training, do you recommend reducing your daily caloric intake since you won't be burning as many calories during a non-training week?
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    During your scheduled week off training, do you recommend reducing your daily caloric intake since you won't be burning as many calories during a non-training week?
    Here's a video just for you, henderjb.

Adjusting Your Caloric Intake On The Days You Don't Train With Weights and Take Entire Weeks Off

Many dedicated people who train wonder if they should eat fewer calories on the days they don't train. Skip La Cour gives you his perspective on this topic during this video.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

How Important Is Counting Your Calories When You Are Striving To Maximize Your Bodybuilding Efforts?

Do you really need to weigh your food and count your calories if you want to build an awesome body? In this video, Skip La Cour answers this question.

"Intense" Cardiovascular Training Helps You Lose Fat More Efficiently

All types of cardiovascular training can help you in your efforts to lose body fat but, in this video, Skip La Cour explains how increasing your "intensity" can help you do it more efficiently.

Week #2

Sound again off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Train Hard. Think Big.

I will get my caloric intake as well as my macro's established. 16 week countdown, I am a Mass Machine!
    NGA Natural Pro

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To write in my BLOG and Bodybuilding.com journal every day. Also be even more meticulous about the information I put out for people to better understand all the little details that go into my contest prep. Following the Ultimate bodybuilding contest prep seminar by Skip La Cour once again.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Closed Thread
Page 263 of 364 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast