Closed Thread
Page 261 of 364 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,830 of 10915
    Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi 1983Warrior.

5 grams of creatine a day is all you need.

I don't recall using anything more than that besides when I was loading or the final week before a contest. I do remember using that much glutamine.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    When do you take those 5 grams? I also thought you used 15-20 grams like what is recommended in Creatine cycling.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    When do you take those 5 grams? I also thought you used 15-20 grams like what is recommended in Creatine cycling.
    Hi Charles956.

Once your body uses the amount of creatine it is capable of absorbing, that's all you'll need. So, when you take isn't of utmost importance. You might want to be consistent with your timing just to help you keep track.

A "loading phase" of more than 5 grams (15-20 as you stated) is what you do at the beginning of a Creatine cycle.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

questions for skip

Hey Skip, I just started keeping track of my calories on a spreadsheet again. I'm just curious how many calories are you currently eating per a day? Do you still do 8 feedings a day? What is your % of protein, carbs and fat for each meal?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Gymrat992
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Hey Skip, I just started keeping track of my calories on a spreadsheet again. I'm just curious how many calories are you currently eating per a day? Do you still do 8 feedings a day? What is your % of protein, carbs and fat for each meal?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Gymrat992
    Hi gymrat992.

I'm sure what I do isn't what you need to know. You're looking for guidance, input, and validation for your plan, correct?

I will be more than happy to look over your plan.

You can't go by what someone else does because their particular goals, what they are willing to do to reach those goals, their level of experience, understanding, and EFFICIENCY may be much different than yours. The amount of real, mature, thick muscle mass a person carries has huge impact on the level of their metabolism's efficiency.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 12-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Exactly skip! We all read about people online eating 4000-5000 cals a day which may or may not be accurate(like you have talked about in the past). Currently I'm eating 2700-2800 a day. I'm currently 5-8" 180lbs, and will be 40 in Jaruary. My goal is to try to stay fairly lean while adding some lean muscle between now and the summer. Would love to be a lean mass machine weighing 185-190 by summer.

My plan: start out eating 2700 cals for now and going to wait 3 weeks or so before I adjust and see how my body adjusts from there. I plan on eating 7 or 8 feedings a day. I will use weekly pictures and the scale to help evaluate my progress. Can you offer any constructive criticism or advice.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey skip happy holidays i have a question for you. when i do military press, squats, or lat pulldowns but behind the neck i noticed that i can only bring the bar down to the middle of my neck instead of it being placed on my traps. I had this issue for quite sometime i tried stretching but as i keep working out i keep losing more flexibility. it is like my shoulders can not flex back and at times i feel like im a little bit hunch back. is there any advise you can give me to be able to increase my flexibility around my shoulders. i get really frustrated because this has been an issue for quite some time.

Exactly skip! We all read about people online eating 4000-5000 cals a day which may or may not be accurate(like you have talked about in the past). Currently I'm eating 2700-2800 a day. I'm currently 5-8" 180lbs, and will be 40 in Jaruary. My goal is to try to stay fairly lean while adding some lean muscle between now and the summer. Would love to be a lean mass machine weighing 185-190 by summer.

My plan: start out eating 2700 cals for now and going to wait 3 weeks or so before I adjust and see how my body adjusts from there. I plan on eating 7 or 8 feedings a day. I will use weekly pictures and the scale to help evaluate my progress. Can you offer any constructive criticism or advice.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi Steve....

That looks like a great plan and you seem like you are really determined. Now, it all comes down to consistent execution and making adjust when necessary.

Is this close to the regimen/structure that you've been pretty much doing to this point in time? Or, are you going to have to really step up your efforts to become this structured?

Also, what type of macronutrient breakdown percentages do you have in mind?

Is always good to have a big, "macro" goal like weighing 185 to 190 pounds within a certain period of time. Just make sure that any weight you gain (or even lose) results in QUALITY.

You could look amazing after 6 months of hard, consistent work and weigh exactly the same on the scale.

I can't stress to you enough that, if you are really committed to building the most muscle and losing the most body fat, you need to find what is the very most calories possible you can eat that your body can use properly. Who knows? That may be 3,000 calories you build up to--and still lose body fat while eating that much.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by pramirez31180 View Post
    hey skip happy holidays i have a question for you. when i do military press, squats, or lat pulldowns but behind the neck i noticed that i can only bring the bar down to the middle of my neck instead of it being placed on my traps. I had this issue for quite sometime i tried stretching but as i keep working out i keep losing more flexibility. it is like my shoulders can not flex back and at times i feel like im a little bit hunch back. is there any advise you can give me to be able to increase my flexibility around my shoulders. i get really frustrated because this has been an issue for quite some time.
    Hi pramirez31180 and happy holidays to you, too.

For exercises like behind-the-neck military presses and behind-the-neck pulldowns, you really don't need to go down much further than where you can get. Keep in mind the muscle you are targeting while doing those exercises. (I should add that I really don't recommend those exercises.)

As far as Squats are concerned, it a leg exercise so whatever you need to do to work your legs and get the job done is fine. Many times, learning how to hold the bar much wider on the bar and even with your fingertips can help you position the bar where it needs to go on your neck.

Train Hard. Think Big.

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)

Nutrients bodybuilders generally forget?

Hi Skip,

for the most part most bodybuilders seem to forget the importance of traceminerals,
    omega 3 and potassium. Whats your input on this?

Peace,
    Sefket Ramovic

Health, Optimal Muscles.

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Hi Skip,

for the most part most bodybuilders seem to forget the importance of traceminerals,
    omega 3 and potassium. Whats your input on this?
    I don't know if your assumption is correct.

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't know if your assumption is correct.
    It is seldom mentioned but I have read that trace minerals are generally lacking in today foods because of
    synthetic agriculture. Often I see bodybuilders recommend supplements like creatine or protein, but seldom
    or never have I seen someone recommend huge amounts of trace minerals.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #24 - December 26, 2012

Become Relentless in 2013 By Setting Outrageous Goals and Working Toward Them With A Sense of Urgency!

Keys Points and Links Mentioned During this Podcast:

* Special "Mass Machine" Message Board Mailing List: massmachine@massmachinenutrition.com.

* Outrageous, HUGE or "Macro" Goals

* Daily Disciplines, Process, or "Micro" Goals

* Working with a "Sense of Urgency."

* Click Here to Like the Skip La Cour ******** Page--and make sure you put it in your News Feed and Interests.

* Click Here for "Results University."

* Coupon Code is "board"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #16
    "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #17
    "Skip Talks About Some of the Places He Has Traveled as a Bodybuilder; A Little Business as a Bodybuilder; and A Few On the Road Stories"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #18
    "Follow The Advice of the Coach or Mentor You've Chosen Even If His Advice Doesn't Make Sense To You"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #19
    "The Importance of Taking Inventory of Your Progress and Accomplishments During Every Step of Your Journey"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #20
    "Skip Encourages You To Become 'Relentless" While Pursuing Your Goals and Shares His Thoughts on the Passing of His First Mentor Zig Ziglar"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #21
    "Skip Announces His Plans for the 2013 Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #22
    "Creating The Change You Need To Make 2013 An Awesome Year"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #23
    "If You Think It--You Must Do It!"

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Confidently Execute the Strategy You Have Chosen Because You WILL Benefit From It!

It can be really frustrating when you are getting results--but you are constantly told you are "doing it wrong." You should always be looking for more effective and efficient strategies--as long as you don't get so distracted that you don't commit to and follow through with any single plan.

No one who has mastered their bodybuilding and training efforts started out only using the "best" strategies. Everyone who has gone before you has had to go through some experimentation. One of the keys to their success is they persevered and eventually found the ones that work best for them. Your journey will be no different.

If your current training or eating strategy is working for you, execute it with confidence for a predetermined period of time. You will learn a lot through the process if you follow through. With the insight that you've gained through practical experience, you will have the ability to make wise decisions and adjustments later if needed.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The weekly Mass Machine podcast always makes my Thursday morning cardio session more physically & mentally productive! I have also found the MM Power Statements to be an awesome training tool. I listen to them at the beginning of nearly every training session to remind me of what I need to accomplish & to help get me in the zone.
    I am a champion Mass Machine!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Have you tried Hoodia Skip? Whats your input on it?

Health, Optimal Muscles!

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Have you tried Hoodia Skip? Whats your input on it?
    I have not.

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I AM A RELENTLESS MASS MACHINE

Great podcast Skip
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip, atw1552 here. Is this the right place to ask this question about this? I am not sure, as I have never done your BB challenge before. I was wondering if this bodybuilding challenge starting in January included a workout regimen. I see yours is a 1 time a day, 6 days a week rotation, which is the same as I do....but I am not entirely sure about what excercises you do, as I don't have the funds to by your workout pdf's. Specifically, I am doing 1 BP a day, and doing 2-3 excersises, 4-6 reps per excercise (of max weight I can handle for those reps). I can generally get in-out of the gym within 45 minutes. I also do cardio 1 time a day for 16 minutes of intense HIT.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Hey Skip, atw1552 here. Is this the right place to ask this question about this? I am not sure, as I have never done your BB challenge before. I was wondering if this bodybuilding challenge starting in January included a workout regimen. I see yours is a 1 time a day, 6 days a week rotation, which is the same as I do....but I am not entirely sure about what excercises you do, as I don't have the funds to by your workout pdf's. Specifically, I am doing 1 BP a day, and doing 2-3 excersises, 4-6 reps per excercise (of max weight I can handle for those reps). I can generally get in-out of the gym within 45 minutes. I also do cardio 1 time a day for 16 minutes of intense HIT.
    Hi atw1552.

The upcoming challenge, 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence, will be a lot more than just bodybuilding and training. You are going to work toward becoming a MAN--along with focusing on your body during this challenge.

The specific details will come out over the next month.

Training Rountines

Here are 13 different Mass Machine Training Routines from my SkipLaCour.com website that spread your training over 5 days a week. I'm sure you'll find this information helpful.

Click Here for the Mass Machine Training Routines

Train Hard. Think Big.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Skip, Do you ALWAYS recommend that people should tell other people their goals? I have heard you give advice to tell others your goals in several podcasts. I'm mostly happy to "put my name" one whatever I've already done, but I am not so eager to tell people my big, MACRO goals, especially now that I am thinking bigger for 2013. I have a few people in my life that are supportive no matter what, but even they sometimes act as if I am a bit crazy. How can you achieve really big MACRO goals even if you find yourself skeptical? I'd think sharing with other folks would only reinforce the self-doubt!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Hi Skip, Do you ALWAYS recommend that people should tell other people their goals? I have heard you give advice to tell others your goals in several podcasts. I'm mostly happy to "put my name" one whatever I've already done, but I am not so eager to tell people my big, MACRO goals, especially now that I am thinking bigger for 2013. I have a few people in my life that are supportive no matter what, but even they sometimes act as if I am a bit crazy. How can you achieve really big MACRO goals even if you find yourself skeptical? I'd think sharing with other folks would only reinforce the self-doubt!
    Hi CewSaw.

Why would you assume that they are "acting like you are a bit crazy"? I am sure they would be extremely happy for you WHEN you reach those ambitious MACRO goals.

How do you know that "look" they are displaying doesn't mean "Wow! She's got some guts! I would NEVER have the courage to put it out there like that!"?

As far as you doubting yourself sometime along the way, join the club!

I bet half of the time while I am pursuing an ambitious goal I'm saying to myself "Who the hell I am kidding thinking I can do this?????!!!!!!" LOL

That's a GOOD thing!

Keep on keepin' on!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow! Another awesome piece of work Skip! ...
    This sense of urgency you speak about .... I notice I can be very urgent about a thing for awhile. but then, as I step out more and more adding more pieces to the goals I want to achieve, some things get pushed to the side because I am trying to be "excellent" at what I see as another part of my plan. These are things that are still very important to me. I understand it takes time to build the muscle to be able to handle everything and that "urgency" like any emotion ebbs and flows.
    Could you talk about what it is that you do that helps you to stoke that sense of urgency, to keep it in the forefront, that helps you create that "obsession"?

MzJules

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #24 - December 26, 2012

Become Relentless in 2013 By Setting Outrageous Goals and Working Toward Them With A Sense of Urgency!

Keys Points and Links Mentioned During this Podcast:

* Special "Mass Machine" Message Board Mailing List: massmachine@massmachinenutrition.com.

* Outrageous, HUGE or "Macro" Goals

* Daily Disciplines, Process, or "Micro" Goals

* Working with a "Sense of Urgency."

* Click Here to Like the Skip La Cour ******** Page--and make sure you put it in your News Feed and Interests.

* Click Here for "Results University."

* Coupon Code is "board"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    Wow! Another awesome piece of work Skip! ...
    This sense of urgency you speak about .... I notice I can be very urgent about a thing for awhile. but then, as I step out more and more adding more pieces to the goals I want to achieve, some things get pushed to the side because I am trying to be "excellent" at what I see as another part of my plan. These are things that are still very important to me. I understand it takes time to build the muscle to be able to handle everything and that "urgency" like any emotion ebbs and flows.
    Could you talk about what it is that you do that helps you to stoke that sense of urgency, to keep it in the forefront, that helps you create that "obsession"?

MzJules
    Hi MzJules.

I believe that many times we may truly "want" to accomplish something great in our lives--but that just is not "who we are" just YET.

To accomplish that ambitious goal, we must think differently and take a series of different actions every single day than we are used to. Most of the time, we don't have a clear enough idea of what those new thoughts and new actions must be at the beginning of our journey--and we certainly haven't experienced thinking that way or taking those actions on a consistent basis for a long enough period of time.

We have to run on a lot faith and enthusiasm at the beginning.

We almost have to become a "new person" in many ways.

What happens is that we oftentimes revert back to the old version of ourselves with the thoughts and actions that aren't what's needed to accomplish that goal.

We also sometimes get ourselves to believe that we plenty of time to get there.

The solution would be to constantly remind ourselves of that goal.

We also need to constantly remind ourselves of all the reasons why it is so important for us to reach that goal.

We need to remind ourselves that time slips away quickly and we must take action every single day or our goal is NEVER going to be achieved. We need to apply that pressure on ourselves--because nothing significant ever gets accomplished without some pressure or that "sense of urgency." It's too easy to revert back to the old of ourselves that we've been for a long period of time.

Action Steps

1. Write down your goals.

2. Read your goals every single day. "Feed" yourself--just like eating. Read your goals every single day whether it feels good to do so or not.

3. Surround yourself with images. I have powerful words, quotes, images, and inspirational people's photos plastered all over my work area. I also have a gigantic bulletin board with all the images, words, and goals in a prominent place that I stand in front of and look at FIRST THING every morning after I wake up and have my cup of coffee.

4. Apply "pain." Force yourself to think back to all of time and talent you've wasted in your life not going hard for your goals. Ask yourself the tough question if this is going to just be another one of those times--or is this the time that you are going to finally step up. Using pain in the right way can be an awesome motivator.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com
    Last edited by skiplacour; 12-28-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Hi Steve....

That looks like a great plan and you seem like you are really determined. Now, it all comes down to consistent execution and making adjust when necessary.

Is this close to the regimen/structure that you've been pretty much doing to this point in time? Or, are you going to have to really step up your efforts to become this structured?

Also, what type of macronutrient breakdown percentages do you have in mind?

Is always good to have a big, "macro" goal like weighing 185 to 190 pounds within a certain period of time. Just make sure that any weight you gain (or even lose) results in QUALITY.

You could look amazing after 6 months of hard, consistent work and weigh exactly the same on the scale.

I can't stress to you enough that, if you are really committed to building the most muscle and losing the most body fat, you need to find what is the very most calories possible you can eat that your body can use properly. Who knows? That may be 3,000 calories you build up to--and still lose body fat while eating that much.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thanks, great points, makes sense. I currently follow this kind of structure of eating so it shouldnt be a big adjustment for me. I'm currently working on my nutrient breakdown %'s, will get back to you on that.

I have another question. When determining where to start as far as calories go is it better to start on the low end and have to add calories every two weeks or so or start high and have to skim back on calories every couple weeks.

Thanks!
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

nateb79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great podcast! Skip, I'm curious to know who some of your mentors have been in your life? Are there others beside Zig Ziglar?

I'm busy this week setting my "macro" goals and making adjustments!

Thanks, great points, makes sense. I currently follow this kind of structure of eating so it shouldnt be a big adjustment for me. I'm currently working on my nutrient breakdown %'s, will get back to you on that.

I have another question. When determining where to start as far as calories go is it better to start on the low end and have to add calories every two weeks or so or start high and have to skim back on calories every couple weeks.

Thanks!
    Hi gymrat992.

There's really no "high end" or "low end." There's only YOUR starting point.

Get your "guesstimate" from an internet website that calculates a person's maintenance level.

Start there.

A solid macronutrient breakdown is around 40% percent protein, 35% percent carbohydrates, and 25% percent good fats (don't get stuck on those percentages).

Make your adjustments from there--and remember to eat as many calories as humanly possible without getting fat. This will take time and experimentation.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by nateb79 View Post
    Great podcast! Skip, I'm curious to know who some of your mentors have been in your life? Are there others beside Zig Ziglar?

I'm busy this week setting my "macro" goals and making adjustments!
    Hi nateb79.

I guess there are two different types of "mentors" I have (although I talk about them as if they are one in the same).

One form of a mentor is a person who I don't necessarily have real, direct communication with and maybe never have. I study their work, apply what they teach, and learn as much about them as a person that I can. They provide me with a source of inspiration.

The other form of mentor I have is one who will provide all of the above--but I just have personal contact with them.

Anyone who is truly outstanding at what they do can serve as a mentor for me--even if they aren't well-known.

I didn't personally know Zig Ziglar other than to shake his hand once when I was 21 years old and tell him that I was really going to use what he taught me. I also wrote him a few letters that he or his staff personally replied.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I Need Your Email Address for a Special MASS MACHINE on Bodybuilding.com List

This request is for everyone who reads this thread here on Bodybuilding.com

I get a lot of people from all over the internet on a daily basis entering their email addresses for my information.

This special list helps me direct important posts, podcasts, and unique offers that I will only offer YOU as a visitor to the Bodybuilding.com message board.

Just send me a blank email here--and I will take care of the rest.

massmachine@massmachinenutrition.com

Thanks for supporting me--and for supporting Mass Machine Nutrition on Bodybuilding.com. I really appreciate it.

Also, CLICK HERE to go the Skip La Cour ******** page now for continual updates and discussions. Make sure you check "Show in News Feed" and "Add to Interest List" when Liking the page.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

thanks

Hi gymrat992.

There's really no "high end" or "low end." There's only YOUR starting point.

Get your "guesstimate" from an internet website that calculates a person's maintenance level.

Start there.

A solid macronutrient breakdown is around 40% percent protein, 35% percent carbohydrates, and 25% percent good fats (don't get stuck on those percentages).

Make your adjustments from there--and remember to eat as many calories as humanly possible without getting fat. This will take time and experimentation.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Ok great! Thanks skip I will start week one of 24 weeks on monday. 2013 is going to be an awesome year! I'm also looking forward to your mass machine challenge
    in January!
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition's MM30 Maximum Performance Multivitamin

Skip La Cour talks about how a good multivitamin will help your bodybuilding and training efforts and why Mass Machine Nutrition's MM30 Maximum Performance Multivitamin is the best on the market.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM30 Maximum Performance Multivitamin on Bodybuilding.com

Closed Thread
Page 261 of 364 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast