Closed Thread
Page 363 of 364 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

STEP ONE: QUIT TRYING TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

We all have our own uniqueness. Inside of us, we all have a special "brand" that no one else can offer. We all have our own personal story that will shed a slightly different light on the same everyday challenges that people everywhere go through. We all have our own view of the world and how it "really" works that's a little different than everyone else doing what we do.

Embrace your uniqueness.

Now is the time for you to stop being that little kid who wished he or she was just like everyone else so he or she could fit in and be accepted by everyone else. How did that work out for you as a child anyway? It was impossible for you to achieve that when you were child and it's still impossible now that you're an adult.

There are over 7 billion people on the planet. Your personal story and your unique perspective on how to bust through challenges will align PERFECTLY with more than your fair share of people around the world who you are passionate about helping.

You MUST believe that.

You MUST believe that if you are going to succeed.

If you can't get yourself to "hustle" as long and as hard as you already KNOW you should to succeed . . .

If you can't get yourself to take the necessary risks with your time, energy, emotions, hopes, dreams, ego, and the financial investment it takes to succeed . . .

If you can't get yourself to take significant, meaningful, and consistent ACTION . . .

Remember this:

When you KNOW with absolute certainty that, what YOU have to offer other people is DIFFERENT than everyone else in our industry and the people you serve truly NEED what YOU have to offer, NOTHING WILL STOP YOU!

My best advice to you is to take an entire day; an entire week; an entire month; whatever amount of time that it takes to FIGURE THIS OUT FIRST.

Be creative.

When you do, you'll wake early in the morning eager to make your mark on this world and reluctantly force yourself go to bed late at night just so that you can get up early the next day to do it all over again.

Whatever level of success and happiness you eventually achieve, it is going to be one hell of a journey!

Set yourself apart from the fitness business as usual.

Use your BODY to grab their attention. Use your MIND to change their lives. (TM)

********: http://www********.com/SkipLaCourPage

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Trophies aren't needed for you to change people's lives.

Don't wait until your own physical body is "validated" on a contest stage before you feel comfortable helping others with their fitness goals.

What you must have is a deep understanding what really drives the person you are coaching and use that awareness to effectively guide them past the challenges that are standing in their way.

If you dig deep and study your craft, you can compete--and win--against the most accomplished bodybuilding and physique competitors in this extremely crowed industry.

Everyone is different.

What drives you as a fitness expert is more than likely NOT the same motivating factors as the average person who wants your guidance. This is especially true if you are a hardcore competitor. You must adapt to their mindset and their world. You should never force them to adapt to yours.

If you fail to realize this, your trophies will actually get in the way of your effectiveness.

You must put your time and energy where your clients need them the most to become the very best at helping others succeed.

You must know what's really important to each one of your individual clients in order to provide them with the most value.

Use your BODY to grab their attention. Use your MIND to change their lives. (TM)

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Get Started NOW. You CAN Do This!

Don't Wait For Other People To Approve Of Your Plans To Change The World.

You Don't Need Trophies To Validate Your Worth Or The Value You Add To Other People's Lives.

Always Remember That It's Never About You Or Your Physical Body.

Strive To Understand What REALLY Drives The People You Serve.

Never Forget That What Drives You As A Fitness Expert Is More Than Likely Not What Drives Most Of The People You Serve.

Your Client's Journey With You Is Never Really About Sets, Reps, Diets, Big Muscles, Ripped Abs, And Tight Butts--No Matter What They May Believe At The Beginning.

Embrace Your Uniqueness.

Your Power Comes From Your Personal Story Of Resilience: All Of The Good And Especially All Of The Bad Chapters.

Everything That Has Happened In Your Life Can And Will Serve You In Some Way, Shape, Or Form In Your Efforts To Help Others.

There Are More Than Enough People In This World Who Need Help Breaking Through Their Challenges For Every Committed, Empathetic, And Self-Aware Fitness Expert To Succeed.

Always Challenge Yourself To DO More For Your Clients. Always Challenge Yourself To BE More For Your Clients.

Although Fitness Can Certainly Get You And Your Clients Through Tough Times, Always Remember That Fitness Mastery Is Only A Phase That You Go Through On Your Journey Toward Happiness And Enlightenment. Fitness Mastery Is NEVER The Final Destination Toward Happiness And Enlightenment.

Always Think LONG TERM: As You Work On Your Craft, Prepare Yourself, Your Business, And Your Clients For A Happy, Productive Life That Doesn't Depend On What Your Body Looks Like.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

Always remember that it's NEVER about you.

It's about the people who want solutions to solve THEIR challenges.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

The Top 10 Reasons Why Fitness Experts With Less-Impressive Bodies Do Better At The Online Coaching Business

NOTE: These observations are coming from a 6-time national champion bodybuilder who competed for 15 straight years, had his first article published in the international magazines 22 years ago, and sold his first information product 19 years ago. This is also coming from a fitness expert who has had to work hard to overcome being "handicapped" with an impressive, genetically-gifted physique.

10. Their judgment doesn't get clouded because they don't have super fans who are BLINDED by the sight of their big muscles, ripped abs, tight butts, and trophies.

9. They work harder to earn the RESPECT of their clients and don't assume they should automatically get respect because of the way they look like many of the fitness experts with more-impressive physiques sometimes do.

8. Although they certainly aren't perfect, they generally have much fewer challenges that they've suffered in their lives that affect the way they go about their business now.

7. They are generally more trusting of other people and attract clients who think the same way.

6. They are generally more trusting of other people and, because of that, they have more opportunities to collaborate their efforts with other fitness experts.

5. They are generally more trusting of other people and, because of that, they don't pass up as many business opportunities to collaborate their efforts with others as those experts with more impressive physiques who prefer to go it alone.

4. They usually work much better with clients who don't think and act exactly like they do.
    3. They focus far more on the business components of the fitness business and execute them far better too. These are the ones that expand their reach to more clients and allow them to earn more money.

2. They spend less time focusing on winning the next contest and put that time and energy into the mastering the craft of coaching clients and attracting more of them.

1. The "currency" that they are working for is helping other people and to actually succeed in business (make money) and less about self-importance and their own significance in the eyes of other people.

No matter where you are right now in your fitness expert business journey, there's hope for you. You can always learn what it takes to take your business to the next level when you honestly assess where you currently are in the process.

It's about the people who want solutions to solve THEIR challenges.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

This is where it all starts.

Without establishing this rock-solid foundation, all of the effective training and eating strategies that you outline for your clients will not be used to the fullest.

Work on your craft.

Set yourself apart from the fitness "business as usual."

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

I scroll down through my social media feed and I see things much differently than I might have years ago.

I see a lot people criticizing this person or that person for the way that person lives his or her life or the decisions that person makes.

It makes me realize how we are ALL going through this same challenging journey called "life" trying to make sense out of it.

Sometimes, the only way we can make sense out of our own life, values, and the decisions that we've made (or continue to make) is by focusing on people who are more "messed up" than we are. Maybe it's not the only way. Maybe it's just the easier way.

No matter how awesome we may be doing in one or two areas of our lives, there are ALWAYS areas that we're not as proud of.

Everyone can focus on the areas of life that they are "better than most" at--but it's the ones that we struggle with that keep us up at night and have us question ourselves.

Other people may not know about them--but we do. We're all a little "messed up" even if we aren't as "bad" as the people we point our finger at.

Passing judgment on others others only relieves our own pain for a little while. Many times, we do whatever we can to see them in the worse light and make the worst assumptions about them to validate our view of the world as the "right" one. Whatever it takes, right?

We all hurt at times.

Never stop working on yourself.

Never stop growing.

Resist making yourself feel better by pointing out the flaws in other people.

Don't do it for them. Do it for yourself.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

These days, a fitness expert or coach absolutely must have an online presence to build his or her business.

When you continually put yourself out there, you simply can't help but tell the world exactly who you are and what you are all about.

Your values. Your beliefs. Your standards. Your "rules" as to how the world should and shouldn't work. Your "rules" as to how the people in this world should and shouldn't behave.

So, when you attract a following of people who are clamoring for your training and eating advice or admiring your big muscles, ripped abs, and tight butt, you are also having an impact on how they see other areas of life too.

You simply can't help it.
    You become a "life coach" to at least some of the 7 billion people on this planet that you expose your life to.

You wanted to influence people? Well, you are.

Whether you realize it or not, you are revealing such things as:

How important "success" to you. What your definition of "success" is.

What you consider a "balanced" life--and what you do not.

How important money is to you--or is not.

How important material possessions like cars, watches, houses, clothing, and other things are to you--or how unimportant they are.

How important family is to you--or is not.

Hell. How important other people are to you in general--or are not.

How trusting of other people you are--or you are not.

Even how you explain exactly why you were drawn into being one of the very, very, very few trustworthy, loyal, non-douchebags, smart, and "together" people out of an overwhelming majority people in the fitness industry here with you.

And, not to mention when you share your thoughts on supposed "taboo" subjects like sex, religion, politics, and race.

Even when you avoid these subjects, you're telling the rest of the world about you.

I'm not suggesting you change a thing. You should just be aware that you are indeed impacting people's lives beyond workouts and diets.

People won't remember those things as much as how you made them feel about THEMSELVES when they came in contact with you.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

WORK YOUR CRAFT

Know EXACTLY what you want your focus, energy, and time to produce.

Always REMIND yourself of EXACTLY what you want--in good times, challenging times, and everything in between.

Create more DEADLINES. Hell. Make sure EVERYTHING has a deadline.

Know exactly WHY you are willing to get up very early in the morning, stay up very late at night, and push through those times when you aren't as motivated.

Always REMIND yourself of WHY you are doing all of this.

If you are doing all of this for your family . . . if they are your WHY . . . make sure that you look deeply into their eyes, hug them tightly, TELL them you love them, and touch them "way too much" every single step along the way--or there is no point in making them your WHY.

Think long term. Don't let the bumps in the road or slow progress along the way take you off course.

Be humble enough to know that you don't know everything.

Be driven enough to do whatever it takes to learn everything you must.

Be humble enough to know that your talent is not going to get you "there" without focused effort every single day.

Understand that you're going to sometimes be terrible at things before you become great.

Understand that everything is hard before it becomes easy.

Dot every I.

Cross every T.

Be okay with the PAIN that all of the personal growth and self-awareness that pushing yourself so hard will bring with it. By nature, your growth will also SHED NEW LIGHT, BRING A NEW LEVEL OF AWARENESS, and a NEW UNDERSTANDING on all the mistakes that you've unknowingly made in the past, the opportunities that you've unknowingly wasted, the good people that you've unknowingly hurt, and all of the precious time and special moments in life that you've unknowingly squandered that you will NEVER get back.

Accept that pain. Forgive yourself. Know that it's okay to let pain drive you to push forward.

Work harder to understand people. Have more empathy for other people's challenges. Work harder to help other people. Forgive other people.

(These are just a few notes I've written to myself as I start the new year.)

Happy New Year! I hope it brings you everything you want.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

MAKE YOUR PASSION YOUR LEGACY TOO

To become a successful fitness expert or online coach, you must be extremely passionate about what you do. Hours of work feel like minutes because you love what you do so much. Your work will oftentimes seem like play.

If you're already an online fitness coach or want to become one someday, then you already know the feelings that I'm describing.

There's always those times, though, when it's challenging for you to put in that extra time and attention that's above and beyond where your passion naturally takes you.

Those are the times that are going to really define you.

Will you reach the level of skill that you want? Will you earn the level of influence you want? Will your efforts allow you to live up to your full potential and the life you really want?

Will you just dabble as a fitness coach for a little while? Or, will you make being a fitness PROFESSIONAL a successful career that will last as long as you want it to last in the future?

Thinking BIGGER will help you during those times.

Think bigger than just doing what you love.

Think bigger than helping other people.

Think about your LEGACY.

We live in very unique times. The internet has given every single one of us who are determined enough the opportunity to become RELEVANT too.

We are all making entries into this massive HISTORY BOOK called the internet. As recent as 20 years ago, history books were reserved for the famous and infamous.

Not anymore.

Everything we post on social media, blogs, and websites is being logged into this gigantic history book. Even when we're helping other people reach their fitness goals. Even when we're posting our thoughts, beliefs, opinions of the world, and personal experiences.

What are YOU contributing to this history book? What LEGACY are you leaving your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren? Will they be proud of you? Fifty years from now, will they be able to learn from you too?

They'll be able to look you up, you know.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

If you're like me, then you're probably not only really passionate about fitness, you're a huge advocate of personal development too.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons why you and I have made this social media connection with an entire internet full of people vying for each others' attention.

It makes sense, right?

Your body is the foundation to, not only the way you look, it's the foundation to the way you FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF.

When you have your workouts, eating, body looking great and functioning well, you are already ahead of most people on the planet.

But why would a person stop there?

They've set the stage for every other area of their life to get better and better too.

You already know this.

We're the kind of people who want to build upon that awesome physical foundation and add an EMPOWERED MINDSET on top of it to succeed in other areas of life too.

It's really important to US to remember that:

If we don't DO it on a consistent basis, then we DON'T KNOW it.

That's a challenge we can run into if we're not careful when we continually fill our minds with positive, motivational messages and self-help material.

We get really good at KNOWING what we should do.

We even get really good at NOTICING what other people should do.

We can even get really good at TELLING other people what they should do.

This false sense of confidence can oftentimes cause us to "take our eye off the ball," so to speak, and leave gaping holes in our own personal lives.

We can become blind to the challenges that stand in our own way--even though we "know this stuff" backwards and forwards.

And, just because we've mastered the whole health and fitness part our lives, that doesn't mean the knowledge and execution automatically transfers over into other important parts of our lives--even though they easily could.

Stay humble. Become more self-aware.

Become the "Total Package" and become an amazing role model in as many other areas of life beyond your physical body.

We ALL have some work to do--no matter how it may appear on social media.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

Many people who become successful at developing their own physical body mistakenly believe that the habits it takes to be successful in fitness are automatically transferable to success ANYWHERE in life.

That's even often preached by many fitness experts and online coaches.

I wish was that were true--but it's simply not all of the time.

The whole "You Versus You" mentality is one of these "success habits" and "life strategies" that fitness experts frequently dish out that quickly comes to mind.

Working in the fitness industry for as long as I have, I certainly understand the reasons why the structured fitness lifestyle is so attractive to many of us.

Although it may be much easier for you to limit your dependence on other people, that's not how a truly successful person MAXIMIZES his or her abilities in business or in life in general.

You might be doing extremely well with your fitness efforts employing this philosophy, but you might want to think about how much you do so in your business and in your personal life.

And, your body and fitness habits may be so inspiring to other people that they draw a good base all by themselves. That certainly doesn't mean that you are MAXIMIZING your talent and abilities.

You just might be able to achieve even more success, have more of a positive impact on other people, and enjoy this journey called life at even a much higher level when you learn how to effectively incorporate the help of other people.

Now, I also understand that heading in this direction might be an unknown, uncomfortable place for many of us to explore. It's not in our nature. Our experiences in the past (or how we've perceived our experiences in the past) can make this way of thinking one we'd rather do without. This can be especially true if we feel that we are doing "better than most" when it comes to our business and our personal lives already.

Don't you always tell your clients that "the next level" when it comes to their fitness will only be achieved when they step outside of their comfort zone?

Well, the same thing applies to you, your business, and the overall quality of your life.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

How To Use The Power of the Negative Emotion of PAIN To Produce Positive Results In Your Life

"Focus on the positive," we're often told.

We're taught to avoid pain because it's "better" for us.

Many of us have become too good at this for our own well being. Not recognizing the pain that we're allowing into our lives and actually causing ourselves is why we don't use our time, energy, and talents to the fullest or with any sense of urgency.

"I'm doing better than most," is what we rationalize to soften the pain of disappointment that we experience.

Well, the fear of pain is working "behind the scenes" in our minds, whether we want to recognize it or not.

If you don't recognize the fear you have of potential pain that's already going on or don't know how to effectively handle it, you'll squander a valuable resource that can help drive you forward and create the life you really want.

If you recognize what's already going on and effectively use the emotion of pain, it can give you that extra little motivational "kick" when you are mentally, emotionally, and even physically tired. Being able to do this on a consistent basis will propel you forward to reaching your most ambitious goals.

It's been said by experts that our motivations in life are twice as likely to be created by the emotions we are trying to avoid (pain) than the positive emotions that we often tell ourselves that we want to experience (pleasure).

Motivational speaker, Tony Robbins, talks about how both pain and pleasure drive every single human being to do the things that they do--and avoid doing the things they should.

Advertisers and marketers promise people a way out of the pain they're consciously or unconsciously experiencing to make the sale.

Here's a simple and effective 6-step process that can help you use the power of the negative emotion of pain to help you produce positive results in your life:

1. Brainstorm everything you fear most. First, come up with a list of AT LEAST 10 negative, painful consequences that you fear you'll experience if you don't do whatever it takes to reach your goals in life. We're all different. What brings you pain won't necessarily bring another person pain.

2. Rate these fears and potential pain on a scale from 1 to 10 in terms of emotional intensity. Not all pain is created equally. Not from person to person. Not even in our own minds. Rate them from 1 (not that big of a deal) to 10 (just thinking about this happening makes me sick to my stomach!) in terms of the emotional intensity you think they'll bring you.

3. Use all 10 of these "sources of motivation" that you came up with in "real life" situations. When you need a dose of motivation during your day, test which ones work for you in practical application--instead of just in theory.

4. Re-evaluate their level of intensity. Rate them again on a scale from 1 to 10 now that they're battled tested.

5. Pick out just the "Top 3" that trigger the most negative, painful emotions.

6. Print out your "Top 3" and post them in prominent places. Condition yourself to use them during those times you're not motivated to push yourself as hard as you want. Reference your "Top 3" during those times when you're mentally, emotionally, and physically tired or even flat out being lazy.

Taking yourself through this process will be an investment of your time and focus. It may even be a little emotionally draining. But, when you take these painful, yet extremely motivating, thoughts out of the subconscious part of your mind (where they are anyway) and bring them into your conscious thinking, you can use them to help produce the real positive results you want in your life for many years to come.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

The internet is full of people who have already accomplished your most ambitious goals. It's important to always remember that "success leaves clues." There are people out there who can offer the information, inspiration, and a real-life blueprint to take you from where you are now to where you want to go.

Choose wisely. More importantly, make sure you, yourself, have the right mindset when observing these mentors or role models.

Choosing the "best fit" for you can give you a real boost of confidence and make your journey much easier.

Choosing a "bad fit" (or you perceiving you've done so) can leave you confused, wondering if you're "good enough," and even have you second guess continuing on your chosen path.

Here are some important things for you to consider:

6 Steps To Take When Choosing A Mentor Or Role Model

1. Know exactly what you want in your OWN LIFE and why you want it. Until you have yourself figured out, another person's influence will not have any significant value to you in the long run.

2. Take your time choosing. There are endless examples of excellence. Choosing the "right" one can make the ups and downs that you are inevitably going to face during your journey easier to handle. Make sure their values and the way they look at the world is SIMILAR to yours.

3. Choose someone whose lifestyle and values are the CLOSEST to yours. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT MATCH.

4. Realize up front that, in addition to all of the awesome, positive things you admire, there are more than likely going to be some things about them that you're not going to like too. This is where people blow it--FOR THEMSELVES. If you want to find something negative to knock them off an admired role model status--YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND IT! Take the good with the bad--and don't let what YOU consider the "bad" distract you from the insight and strategies that will take you to the next level.

5. Learn everything you can about their personal story. Do your best to figure out exactly what is their "why" and how that came about. Many times, the PAIN in their life drives them much, much more than their drive for pleasure. Sometimes, they don't even realize this. If you don't have their same intense level of pain to fuel you, don't be surprised if you don't have their same intense drive.

6. With all of the information and inspiration that you've gathered from your mentor or role model, create the rest of your personal story IN ADVANCE. Become a creative "storyteller" and finish out how this amazing chapter of your own life is going to end.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

There are fitness experts and online coaches who prefer sticking to talking about the topics they're most comfortable discussing: Workout routines and eating plans.

Getting into a person's personal life, they feel, isn't something they're paid to do.

"Geez. These people want me to be their therapist!" is a complaint that I heard from a lot fitness experts and have even read posted online.

Being put in this situation can make some fitness coaches really uncomfortable-especially when they don't have their own lives where they want them to be.

"Who am I to try and help my clients with their personal problems?" is the feeling.

Everyone is forced to deal with challenges in their lives from time to time.

How your client manages his or her personal life will always have a HUGE IMPACT on how well they follow through with the strategies you've given them.

That's true for every one of your clients.

That's true for you, too.

Sometimes, just being there, being present, for your client and listening to them can be a big help.

Sometimes, just getting them to listen to themselves explain their personal problems out loud can bring them clarity.

Sometimes, just asking them the right questions at the right time will get them to organize their thoughts in a more logical manner--and less of an emotional one.

Many times, we as humans mistakenly believe we are forced to making a decision between one or two bad choices in life. The lack of options causes us a lot of stress.

Many times, we can have up to a dozen other much better options available to us and simply not realize it. The stress that we're under puts our problem-solving ability on lockdown.

Oftentimes, those other options that we can't seem to access in our minds can be twice as effective and twice as painless as the one or two we convinced ourselves we're limited to.

Simply getting your client to brainstorm some other, better options can be a huge relief for your client--even if he or she doesn't choose any of them.

Your personal life doesn't have to be "perfect" for you to be SKILLED in this manner.

And, it is a SKILL that can be learned. You just have to WANT to acquire and use that skill.

That objectivity and perspective that you can provide your clients can be far more valuable than the workout routine and diet plan you can gave them.

They can get those anywhere for free. You know it and I know it.

It's YOU and your INTANGIBLES that will or will not make the REAL difference in your clients' lives.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

If you're a big student of personal development and can't figure out why everything you've learned isn't getting you to the "next level" in life as quickly as you expected, you're not alone.

There are many people who know IN THEORY exactly how they should think and exactly what they should do in certain challenging situations.

They learned all about that theory from their role models and mentors on the internet, motivational books, online courses, and memes. Hell. They, themselves, even offer that same sage advice to their family and friends.

Many fitness experts and online coaches even repeat what they've learned to help out their clients and loyal "tribe" of followers.

If you haven't already noticed, that knowledge alone is NOT going to help you overcome the challenges in life that stand in the way of your success and happiness.

You absolutely must GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE--no matter how big or small that comfort zone may be right now--and push yourself to actually put what you've learned into action.

Here's the real truth.

The chances are great that you're going to be an absolute DISASTER at what you attempt AT FIRST. You're might even doubt if you really have what it takes to succeed in this new area of life you never actually TRIED before--but only knew about in theory.

The chances are great that you are going to lose a lot of sleep at night worrying if you made the right decision--even though it sounded really good on paper.

You have to be okay with this--and get yourself into this scary position that's outside of your comfort zone more often.

That's the ONLY way you are going to succeed at the level you really want. That's the only way you are going to get all of those things in life that you currently think all "motivational quotes" that you've learned are setting you up for.

In the movie the Karate Kid, Mr. Miyagi made Daniel do all of that "waxing on and waxing off" for weeks with some more "paint the fence" to top it off.

When Daniel finally got so frustrated and confronted Mr. Miyagi about why he had to waste his time with all of this preparation unrelated to karate, his teacher went into a restless barrage of offensive moves.

Daniel was able to instantly draw from the time he spent waxing cars and painting fences to skillfully handle everything that was thrown at him.

Well, that's a big fat LIE. If you think studying the success of others and your own personal development is going to help you to that level, it's not.

The truth is you are probably going to get your butt kicked the first few times you get out of your comfort zone in life and actually put yourself through the REAL TESTS in life.

And, that's okay. That's how you really get to the next level.

That's how life really works.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-25-2016 at 12:39 PM.

If your fitness journey is like mine, one of the BEST DECISIONS that you've made was to step up and commit to becoming an authority and coach.

You FORCED yourself to "walk your talk." No one told you to do it. Every single workout took on an entirely new meaning. Every meal took on a whole new meaning too.

Self-imposed pressure.

It took COURAGE for you to make that declaration to the world.

I'm sure there were times when you asked yourself, "Why the hell am I doing this to myself!" but, looking back now, it was well worth the occasional discomfort.

It was one of the best decisions that you've made because of the RESULTS that it produced. Your public and professional COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE created an extra layer of accountability for your thoughts and actions.

We'll sometimes let ourselves "off the hook" a little when we let ourselves down.

But there's NO WAY in hell you're going to let your loyal clients and "tribe" of followers down, right? Well, it becomes a lot less likely.

Self-imposed pressure is an awesome strategy that gets you to do the things you must to succeed--and to stop doing the things that get in the way.

What if you were COURAGEOUS enough to create that same self-imposed pressure in every single area of your life--outside of fitness where you're already strong? What if you PUBLICALLY decided to become a living and breathing example of a person working hard to earn an amazing overall quality of life too?

We've all witnessed the fitness person's selfie in the mirror that proudly shows off their ripped abs--along with the messy, disorganized room that's in the reflection behind them. Their lack of self-awareness was obvious at the time they posted that picture.

Unfortunately, this is not only a real life example of how many fitness experts publicly display themselves, it is an appropriate METAPHOR for their entire lives outside of fitness too.

Many of us in the fitness industry are so impressed with our bodies, we don't realize EVERYTHING we are telling the world about ourselves.

I'm not talking about creating a facade or a "smoke and mirrors show." I'm talking about REAL change. I mean REAL personal development and growth.

So, you don't think your life is perfect enough to make this kind of commitment? Well, join the club. Mine isn't either. Neither is anyone else's. That shouldn't stop us though.

Think of all the growth we're going to earn because of the self-imposed pressure!

Adopting this strategy years ago has created massive growth in my personal and business life.

I want you to join me on this MOVEMENT that's creating a "new breed" of fitness experts and online coaches!

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

Are you "struggling" these days?

Maybe you have the whole "fitness thing" down--but you're struggling these days because you want a helluva lot more out of life than just that.

Are you currently being challenged in other important areas of life?

Well . . . that's AWESOME!

You're in great company.

You don't struggle until you venture outside of your mental, emotional, or physical comfort zone.

You don't start tapping into your true potential as a human being until you get outside of your comfort zone.

You're going to have to work your way out of your current, safe "bubble world" if you're going to finally EARN the overall quality of life that you REALLY want.

It takes a certain level of BOLDNESS to get outside of your comfort zone--especially when you can just RETREAT back to what comes easily to you and what you know best.

Isn't that what you tell your clients who "struggle" with their fitness efforts all the time?

It's time for you to "walk your big talk" in those areas of life that challenge you outside of your fitness bubble.

It takes COURAGE to get outside of your comfort zone.

It takes INTELLIGENCE to look ahead and see that you simply aren't doing yourself any favors in the long run by retreating back into familiar territory.

You've been doing that for too long already, haven't you?

The GROWTH that you want doesn't even begin until you are outside of that "bubble world" that you've been living in.

Embrace the struggle.

It won't last as long as you might fear when you keep fighting through it.

With enough effort and time, you'll become more equipped to handle this level of "testing" that life is giving you.

Well . . . until the next time you "struggle" at the new, higher, and even BETTER level and/or that new area of life that's going to provide you with even more happiness and fulfillment than what you're experiencing right now.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

Isn't it interesting how things that you once found challenging became so much easier once you finally just jumped in and attacked them?

Don’t spend too much time avoiding those things you fear. Reflect back to those many references you undoubtedly had when you stepped up and performed well despite your fear.

The only time you are growing is when you are uncomfortable.

We all know this stuff.

We tell our clients this in one way, shape, or form every single day.

This goes for us, too, fitness experts and online coaches--not just when we're pushing our clients to the next level.

This also applies to us in every aspect of our lives that we KNOW are important to us (and not putting as much attention as we should)--and not just getting to the next level with our own physical bodies and our own mastery of helping other people achieve their fitness goals.

Right?

Let's allow ourselves to get uncomfortable today.

INSTAGRAM @skiplacour

PERISCOPE @skiplacour

SNAPCHAT @skiplacour

TWITTER @skiplacour

FITNESS LEADERS!

I just launched a new website just for ambitious fitness experts, online coaches, group exercise instructors, and personal trainers (and for those people who aspire to become one someday).

If you want to set yourself apart in the competitive and crowded fitness coaching business, help more people get better results, and create a long, fulfilling, and profitable career while doing so, you'll love this website.

If you've followed my journey and my body of work over the years and have always wondered what it would be like to share what YOU know with others as a fitness leader, then you'll really love this website.

Check out the Fitness-Centered Life Coach website at www.FitnessCenteredLifeCoach.com.

YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK IN MY PROFILE.

Think BIG!

Skip La Cour

A leader takes responsibility for BOTH sides of the conversation.

Take you fitness coaching skills--and your fitness coaching business--to a higher level by grabbing all of the tips presented throughout this Fitness-Centered Life Coaching journey.

Watch the entire transformation of MIND and BODY on the Fitness-Centered Life Coach website.

Mel and Jennifer are going sharing their experiences both inside and outside of the gym every single day as they get in shape for their big event.

www.FitnessCenteredLifeCoaching.com/journey.

Set yourself apart from the fitness BUSINESS AS USUAL and adopt the Fitness-Centered Life Coaching philosophy.

Use Your BODY To Grab Their Attention. Use Your MIND To Change Their Lives. (TM)

In this video, I talk about how your clients’ beliefs will affect their success and failure and why you need to have them really think about the ones they share with you.

Your beliefs guide your life. You need to make sure you know how your beliefs serve and/or how they may hold you back. You will walk, talk, and act in a manner that stays consistent with your beliefs.
    Our personal beliefs guide our own success and failure too–with our coaching businesses and in the overall quality of our lives.

Go here to watch the short video:

http://fitnesscenteredlifecoach.com/...f-your-beliefs

Work To Get Other People's RESPECT--And Not Their Approval

Getting 100 percent approval should never be your ultimate goal. You need to really examine the reasons why you do the things you do. Many times, fitness coaches and leaders work toward getting approval from other people in ways they are not conscious of.

You will never get 100 percent approval from other people when you take a stand.

You want to earn other people’s RESPECT.

Although other people may not agree with your opinions, they will respect you as a person when you confidently take a position on one side or the other.

People will respect you when you are decisive.

People will respect you when you are passionate, competent, and focused.

You'll discover that many other people will adjust to your way of thinking without much of a challenge when you present yourself in this manner.

Practice this Fitness-Centered Life Coach mindset by quickly, concisely, and confidently stating your opinion every single time the situation presents itself in your day-to-day life.

State your opinion with strong, decisive, congruent body language during those times when it is important, not so important, and everything in between.

Don’t “save” this discipline just for those times when you believe it is important. Do it all the time. That way, you’ll be skilled and conditioned the moment an important time comes along.

“I can see both sides of the issues”; “What do you think?”; or “It doesn’t really matter to me”; and “Either way is acceptable” are no longer options for you.

Just like strengthening your muscles when you exercise in the gym, you will strengthen your ability to powerfully present your opinion and lead other people when you exercise this skill set every time you can.

Start teaching other people to live in your version of "reality." Trust yourself. Trust that other people are fair and rational.

Have the courage to just SAY it.

Have the courage to just DO it.

Have the courage to just BE it.

Use Your BODY To Grab Their Attention. Use Your MIND To Change Their Lives. (TM)

Set yourself apart from the fitness BUSINESS AS USUAL and adopt the Fitness-Centered Life Coaching philosophy.

For more articles like this, go to:

http://fitnesscenteredlifecoach.com

Weren't we taught as children to become better than other people around us―and never settle for being merely average?

But the REAL message was mixed, wasn't it?

We were taught that we should aspire to become better than other people―but just make sure that we don’t act like it when we actually become better than them.

As grown adults, you can certainly understand how we may have adopted conflicting beliefs as to how much confidence we should present to the rest of the world, can't you?

But think about it.

Is presenting ourselves with too much confidence really ever our problem?

If you are having trouble convincing people to treat you with the respect you feel you deserve, acting too confident shouldn't even be something you should be worrying about. It should be obvious to you that the opposite is true.

Do you really believe the vast majority of people in this world overstate their value―or sell themselves short?

Most of us sell ourselves way too short.

We don't give ourselves nearly as much credit as we should. We don't carry ourselves with the confidence we should in order to get the respect from other people that we feel we deserve.

Oftentimes, we wonder why other people don’t recognize our true value.

Isn’t it obvious?

When we sell ourselves short, we unintentionally convince other people to treat us accordingly. The people around us simply fall in line with the way we are presenting ourselves. We are instructing them to treat us accordingly.

Let's get out there and change some lives.

Let's change our own lives too.

www.FitnessCenteredLifeCoach.com

Who Are You And What Are You All About?

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach is a powerful leader who is very aware of the strengths he or she possesses.

He or she proudly PRESENTS him or herself to the world exactly the way he or she SEES him or herself.

Most people will sell themselves short most of the time. They are very careful to not appear arrogant or overly confident to other people. Most people never want to take the chance of offending anyone.

Too many people in life are doing an amazing job achieving these not-so-ambitious goals. All of the other big goals they want to achieve in life aren't progressing the way they'd like, but these ones are right on track.

If you are going to error when creating your introduction, make sure that you error on the side that’s fabricated and overly boastful.

Yeah. I know this may challenge your current beliefs. This stuff really works though.

Your currents beliefs are what got you to this place in your career and in your life whether that's good, bad, or somewhere in between.

If you want to become the coach, leader, businessperson, and bottom-line PERSON you really want to be, then you must be open to challenging your current beliefs about the "right" and "wrong" way to present yourself to the world and at least entertain new ones to become the new and improved version of you.

Create a 10-second to 20-second crisp, clean, well planned, well rehearsed, and POWERFUL introduction that accurately describes to other people who you are; what you do; and what you are all about.

This introduction will NOT be fabricated and overly boastful―but it certainly will NOT humbly play down who you are; what you do; and what you are all about like you have done in the past either.

Chances are great that you may still sell yourself a little short when you first start using your introduction due to the conflicting lessons you were taught growing up and years of reinforcing them in your thought and actions every single day.

When you become aware of the importance of this Fitness-Centered Life Coach leadership skill and practice executing it over and over again, you will integrate it into your own personality.

EXAMPLE: My name is Skip La Cour. I am a coach, speaker, entrepreneur, and former six-time national champion drug-free bodybuilder. I help ambitious men and women understand and execute effective leadership and influence skills so that they reach their goals in life with more clarity and confidence.

Set yourself apart from the fitness "business as usual" and adopt the Fitness-Centered Life Coaching philosophy.

Use Your BODY To Grab Their Attention. Use Your MIND To Change Their Minds.

Know Exactly What You Want Long Before You Enter Every Situation

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach is a leader who finds ways to get what he or she wants for his or her clients and everything else in life. At the same time, he or she enthusiastically helps other people get what they want too.

Those key distinctions are what separates the leaders from followers.

To become a more effective leader, you must decide on exactly what you really want from every situation you encounter. You must make those decisions quickly and confidently. You must practice these skills on a continual basis.

Before you can effectively lead other people, you must know how to effectively lead your own life first. That process begins by knowing exactly what you want in every situation that you encounter.

In his or her most powerful and confident mental state, the Fitness-Centered Life Coach decides on what he or she wants. He or she plans a course of action. Then, he or she tenaciously and relentlessly finds a way to make it happen.

To other people, this leader's result-driven way of thinking and doing may seem as if it comes naturally. Contrary to how it may appear, this is an acquired skill that the Fitness-Centered Life Coach has practiced and exercised for years. This accumulation of effort, practice, and time now makes what was once a deliberate plan of attack, a subconscious and seemingly effortless habit.

That’s encouraging news for you if you already know that you must improve in this area of your life. With enough effort, practice, and time, you too can make the Fitness-Centered Life Coach’s mindset part of your habitual way of thinking. You too can take action and get what you really want like a powerful and charismatic leader.

You must first ask yourself what you want before every situation you encounter even begins. This will help you make the best use of your effort, practice, and time.

This must become your normal thinking process before you begin simple short-term activities, complex long-term tasks, and everything in between.

Set yourself apart from the fitness "business as usual" and adopt the Fitness-Centered Life Coaching philosophy.

Use Your BODY To Grab Their Attention. Use Your MIND To Change Their Minds.

The competition for the best opportunities in life is fierce.

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach is always looking for creative ways to differentiate him or herself from the competition and become the very best at what he or she does.

This is one more example of how the Fitness-Centered Life Coach creates his or her own reality―and then boldly and confidently convinces the world to willingly and enthusiastically accept the version of reality that he or she has created.

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach has an incredible drive to be the best amongst their peers in the fitness industry. However, he or she understands that being considered “the best” is simply a matter of perspective.

So, how can you almost instantly become the best at what you do?

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach understands that, if he or she can discover and accentuate any and every unique quality he or she possesses about who he or she is, what he or she does, and what he or she is all about, he or she will put themselves in a category all by themselves.

Or, at the very least, the Fitness-Centered Life Coach positions him or herself in a category with a lot less competition. In other words, the fewer people he or she competes against in a particular category, the better chance he or she has to be considered the best.

Boom! You're now "the best" and you can market that FACT to the world with 100 percent honesty and integrity.

The Fitness-Centered Life Coach will creatively “spin” his or herself situation to show themselves in the very best light.

This approach will not only has a positive effect on other people, it will have a positive effect on you.

Selling yourself well to other people comes down to how well you see yourself in your own mind―and not necessarily how you think the world should see you.

Set yourself apart from the fitness "business as usual" and adopt the RESULTS-oriented Fitness-Centered Life Coaching philosophy.

Use Your BODY To Grab Their Attention. Use Your MIND To Change Their Lives.

You'll find these videos extremely helpful if you . . .

* Absolutely LOVE fitness because it's a big part of who you are as a person

* Have a sincere desire to help OTHER PEOPLE reach their health and fitness goals, and

* Are extremely PASSIONATE about improving every single area of your life through constant personal development and personal growth

You'll find these videos extremely helpful if you . . .

* Absolutely LOVE fitness because it's a big part of who you are as a person

* Have a sincere desire to help OTHER PEOPLE reach their health and fitness goals, and

* Are extremely PASSIONATE about improving every single area of your life through constant personal development and personal growth

Closed Thread
Page 363 of 364 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 LastLast