Closed Thread
Page 270 of 364 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,100 of 10915
    mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dkarst456 View Post
    Lesson #1
    Hi, it's Skip La Cour,
    Before you start any journey or challenge, it’s important to get clear on what you really want to get out of it. You have to set some goals. Here is the challenge. What if you already know that your level of confidence isn’t as high as it should be? What kind of goals are you going to set for yourself? And even if you reach those goals is that a good representation of whom you really are, what you have to offer the world. What you’re all about. It’s really important to have a certain level of confidence before you set any goals. So before we set any goals for this transformation challenge I want you to think about a few things. I want you to think about what do you need to do every single day? (Every single day I need to stick to my plan of what I know to do; Wake up 5am Monday-Friday, 9am Saturday Sunday; Drink 2 gallons of water, Finish all 8-9 scheduled feedings 2-2.5 hours apart, arrive at the gym mentally prepared with goals; No cheat meals; Write in my journal and keep up with the challenge at all times. It is also very important to me to keep my girlfriend happy and support her throughout life and help her attain her dreams as well as my own. She has got me to where I am today and rescued me from a self destruction keeping me mentally healthy. I owe the world to her and she is a part of my journey. Even if she is reluctant of my lifestyle at times she helps me remember why I challenge myself to always become better and that there is always more to attain.) What kind of person do you need to become to achieve the goals that you set for yourself? (I need to become the type of person who is consistent and focused on what it will take to reach my goals. I have to become mentally tougher to remain focused even in times of doubt. I have to be able to pick myself up and attain higher levels through good and bad.) You need to be honest with yourself. Are you really living up to the standards of what it’s going to take to reach those goals? (My execution of the standards I have set to reach my goals is lacking and I have to become more driven, focused, and consistent at all times.) I am sure that you are a great guy. I’m sure that people like you. I’m sure you work hard. I’m sure you set daily checklists, certain standards and you knock them off every single day, or you do so on a consistent basis. But is that enough to really reach the ambitious goals you set for yourself? Are you really that person; you really need to be honest with yourself. Are you really that person who can achieve those goals doing what you’re doing now, thinking the way you are thinking now? (I am weak as of now, I’ve done better in the past and been on a better track to reach my goals than my current level. I feel angst and that I’ve let myself down. I have to get back on track, I’ve never consistently done what I know I need to for more than a few days. If I can do it for a few days there is absolutely no reason I can’t keep it up for weeks or months. Be tenacious when in doubt.)
    Secondly, I want you to think about your opinions of what it is you think you can and can’t achieve in the gym (In the gym I need to build consistency to achieve what I want. I let certain distractions and inconsistency greatly affect what I do; For example if I don’t have a spotter for certain exercises and I did the week before I become mentally weaker and won’t try the same weight to avoid the chance of injury. I have to create the same conditions each week and find more effective ways to be consistant.) and outside the gym; (Outside the gym It’s mostly the inconsistency of my diet, I let too many factors distract me; family, work, emotions and I’ll rationalize in the moment that it’s alright to fall off track. Planning ahead helps greatly and I don’t always get that luxery. I have to be creative and find ways to stay as close to on track on possible when the unexpected comes.) Maybe in your relationships, maybe in your business. How did you form those opinions? (Experience over the past 1-2 years and what has come my way and how I've handled it. I believe in what I need to do by following the advice of a mentor who has been where I am and made breakthroughs to higher levels.) What events shaped your life? (Since early childhood I’ve always wanted to become mentally tougher than others, I find thrill in the challenge of being the best version of myself. There have been times where I wanted to be stronger and did not have the strength. There have been times when I could have avoided a painful situation or done better in the heat of the battle. I’ve always felt that there was something wrong with me compared to others. I never could focus in class or in conversation for very long and my perception of the material was wrong. I felt different and only focused on what interested me and maybe not what was right. It still has control of me to this day where I can only put interest into what I am passionate about and it’s difficult to focus on what I should do to achieve what I really want.) Who are the people who influenced your way of thinking? (My peers and parents, I’ve felt as an outcast because I do not do what others expect from me, whether for myself or for their own personal benefit. I now realize that it is me against myself in life and my well being is my own responsibility. My personal connections have never been very strong and I tend to distance myself.) Because they are having an effect right now on what you think you can achieve, what goals you set for yourself. It’s very important for you to think about that. Now, during this week’s podcast, this week’s lesson, I’m going to talk a lot about those types of influences in your life that are affecting you right now. Who do you think you are? (I am someone who wants to become respected, who others can look up to. I want to achieve what very few have ever accomplished to be the example that dreams can be reached. I want to make what can seem impossible reality to those who lack the confidence in themselves to reach their full potential.) I’m going to share some of my own personal stories. The limited beliefs I have about what I could achieve and how those were shaped by certain events in my life; certain people in my life and ways that I really didn’t realize until many years later. I’m telling you my stories so that you can think about your situation so you can make breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too canmake breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too can really start believing that your goals can be achieved. So that’s where we’re going to start this 49 Days to “SUPREME” Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge. So get on the podcasts, take advantage of the podcasts, make sure you’re one of the 25 who get to interact with me, who get to ask questions and share your experience and get the very most out of this transformation challenge. YOU ARE A MASS MACHINE. Train Hard and Think Big.
    I'm not reading all that, no way

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mind4muscle7 View Post
    I'm not reading all that, no way
    He transcribed this video.

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    He transcribed this video.

Oh lawd, whyyyyy?????

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first of all, all I care about is the results. If I could do 1 set and get the hell out of the gym and that would mean getting the best results possible, I would do it in a heartbeat and be very happy about it
    It seems you're focused only on yourself. Try building someone up rather than tearing them down, it is a lot more rewarding.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip I watch your videos in youtube, very motivating

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sgtsuperman1 View Post
    Hi Skip, or anybody else who wants to reply. I have had some tests run and it seems the my testosterone levels are at 240. i am 35 years old. The Doctor told me it was caused by the amount of pain pills that I take for my back. I have had two operations and talking about my third.
    The Dr. prescribed me Adrogel, but I do not want to start that just yet. I am currently 240lbs at 6'3" at about 18%BF last year when I was lbs at 7% I did not take near he amount of pain pills as I do now. So I am sure the gain is not helping my back issues. My question is this, do you think ZMA and tribulus will help me enough to drop the lbs naturally and let my body increase test production on its own? or should I swallow my pride and use the androgel?
    I think those are probably questions best left for your doctor. . Your doctor should be a much more trusted associate than an individual you've never met on a message board. I think you want to take ZMA and Tribulus and are looking for someone to support that emotional decision. See what your doctor has to say and keep us updated on the decision and the results.
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

sgtsuperman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jerothas View Post
    I think those are probably questions best left for your doctor. . Your doctor should be a much more trusted associate than an individual you've never met on a message board. I think you want to take ZMA and Tribulus and are looking for someone to support that emotional decision. See what your doctor has to say and keep us updated on the decision and the results.
    I agree with you, just trying to get a second opinion. I have a message for dr to call me back. will keep you posted. Thanks for the reply

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who Will Be Joining the Podcast LIVE Tomorrow Night
    and Contributing to the Discussion?

"Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE Call-In Podcast
    (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Wednesday, February 6th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I e-mailed you tonight, I will be calling in, I would love to attend the podcast. I have some ideas on marketing for your company (if you want to hear some things I have to say).
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This week's podcast begins in 5 minutes. Join in on the discussion, Mass Machines!

CLICK HERE to listen live.

Who Will Be Joining the Podcast LIVE
    and Contributing to the Discussion?

"Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE Call-In Podcast
    (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Wednesday, February 6th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Skip, there's a rumor going around that you took Andro back in the day (which is basically pro-hormones) is this true?

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome podcast. Will type up my notes and post here in a bit.

-Jerome

P.s. the winner of the 1st consultation was on the line, but it wasn't you Andrew, James, or ATW
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

Skip, there's a rumor going around that you took Andro back in the day (which is basically pro-hormones) is this true?
    That is true. Back in 1999 or so, prohormones were sold over the counter just like Pre-Workouts. In fact, they were advertised as "natural supplements." They were not banned by natural bodybuilding organizations until years later, their effects weren't studied as much they were years later, and they hadn't gone through all "upgrades' that made them stronger and stronger.

And, just like GHB, DMAA, ephdrine, and many other supplements, they were banned from natural organizations and being sold over the counter when their were health risks associated with them. I never took them after they were banned or became illegal.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Awesome podcast. Will type up my notes and post here in a bit.

-Jerome

P.s. the winner of the 1st consultation was on the line, but it wasn't you Andrew, James, or ATW

Thanks for contributing! You all added a lot of value to the podcast.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Thanks for contributing! You all added a lot of value to the podcast.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    My pleasure brother! Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #30 - February 6, 2013

Lesson #1 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge

"Who Do You Think You Are?"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send your completed assignment to me at skip@massmachinenutrition.com by Monday morning at 8 am Pacific time to be eligible for prizes.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

That is true. Back in 1999 or so, prohormones were sold over the counter just like Pre-Workouts. In fact, they were advertised as "natural supplements." They were not banned by natural bodybuilding organizations until years later, their effects weren't studied as much they were years later, and they hadn't gone through all "upgrades' that made them stronger and stronger.

And, just like GHB, DMAA, ephdrine, and many other supplements, they were banned from natural organizations and being sold over the counter when their were health risks associated with them. I never took them after they were banned or became illegal.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thank you for the straight answer bro. Me too I'm ashamed to admit I took andro until it got banned, then stopped. now there's a lot of these pro hormones on the market, do you mess with any of that stuff or not really? I don't, I'm committed to being 100% natural, and it is my choice, and I like it that way. btw I'm 35 yrs old

Thank you for the straight answer bro. Me too I'm ashamed to admit I took andro until it got banned, then stopped. now there's a lot of these pro hormones on the market, do you mess with any of that stuff or not really? I don't, I'm committed to being 100% natural, and it is my choice, and I like it that way. btw I'm 35 yrs old
    Hi mind4muscle7....

I don't understand why you would feel ashamed if it was NOT yet banned or you don't compete in organization that banned it yet.

Who do you think determines if something is banned, illegal, helps build "too much" muscle or helps you lose "too much" fat, or is a health risk?

People--just like you and me (maybe with a lot more knowledge, of course). A group of people decide in their "infinite wisdom" if a supplement sold over the counter should be banned, made illegal, helps build "too much" muscle or helps you lose "too much" fat or is a health risk. People.

In their "infinite wisdom" they allowed certain supplements--and then later changed their minds.

That decision is NOT made based on if it helps you build muscle or lose body fat--or how much normally. If that was the case, any supplement that helps you AT ALL--even 1/2 percent--would be illegal like a pre-workout, fat burner, creatine, protein powder, etc. because they do help you in same way, shape, or form and to some degree--OR YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM AT ALL because being legal would mean they are WORTHLESS. That's not the case. Sure, some help you more than others--but that is for a person or group of people to decide on if they help you "too much."

I'm sure if you had a "Crystal ball" that helped you see into the future and let you know they were going to be banned someday, you would not have taken them. Neither would I. But we aren't fortune tellers.

It isn't like you broke the law, did something sneaky, or went against the rules.

I don't know how much they helped. I did so many things right it would be hard to know. I achieved a high level of development before 1999 when they came on the market and afterwards until I stopped competing in 2003. I have no idea how powerful they became after 2003.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-06-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Podcast Notes

Mass Machines,

I can't be the only one who took copious notes during tonight's podcast. Here's what I've got. NOTE: You still need to LISTEN to the podcast, lol, but I hope this helps with my and your retention.

Podcast #1

Two questions to always be asking, "What can I learn from this podcast?" and "How does this apply to me"

-Always drive for more + don't stop and smell the roses
    -You NEED tough love
    -People will know if you're not being transparent
    -Skip @ 14-ish, running a football pool to buy money for Puma's (and yes, Puma is cool again )
    -How did the "Nice rep..." comment effect him?
    -How did that remark effect his values and beliefs about doing business?
    -What were the teachers values?
    -Are my values aligning with the life I want?
    -How are life lessons shaping my life in the positive AND negative?
    -Skip started bodybuilding at 27 (I'm 27 now)
    -What difference would it have made having a great training partner vs a "nerd" partner?
    -Learn to "spin" stories and lessons to be more empowering. They can change your life if you choose to
    -"There's always more out there..." This 49 Days... challenge, I need to PUSH myself HARD
    -What DISEMPOWERING beliefs do I have that may have been developed at a young age and not even make sense?
    -If you are CRAZY passionate about something there is someone out there achieving at the level you want to achieve at who is willing to help that crazy passionate person.
    -How does this apply to me? My life? My career? My bodybuilding?
    -Nothing is ever 100% good or bad
    -Seeing only the positive or negative in a situation effects your future

Assignment: (no real notes here)

Open Discussion:

James talked about the importance of spinning situations to make them empowering

ATW talked about tough love (and thank you for your service) and the importance of pushing yourself beyond what you think you could do

Andrew talked about finding an awesome role model at a young age (23, right?), setting up daily disciplines and checklists, and boldly claimed he WILL have his IFBB pro card within 3 years. Awesome goal brother. Love the boldness.

I talked about how it took me a long time to realize that the tough love I got was much needed. It took me getting into the MANformation program to realize that if I don't change my current rules, beliefs, values, and standards, I'm going to get the same kind of results I'm currently getting. And it was good to know James has had similar feelings. lol

Skip then retouched on daily disciplines, the importance of being "results driven" (which I'm sure he'll elaborate on further podcasts/videos), and developing "sensory acuity" - realizing if your hard work is getting you closer to your goals or futher away.

Now I've got an assignment to do and a story to share via video tomorrow

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Skip,

I have a question on cardio timing. My leg workout is on tuesday morning so which time would be better to put my cardio session, monday evening or tuesday evening?

Thanks bro!

Bimmerman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, a friend of mine has suggested to group muscles in the following manner but then another more experienced friend complained that the following regiment has BIG muscles placed together! So I would appreciate your help in this regards, could you kindly re-group the muscles groups for me - Thanks!

Day 1: QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, CHEST
    Day Off
    Day 2: BACK, DELTS, BICEPS
    Day Off
    Day 3:TRICEPS, CALVES, ABS
    Day Off

Originally Posted by Bimmerman83 View Post
    Hi, a friend of mine has suggested to group muscles in the following manner but then another more experienced friend complained that the following regiment has BIG muscles placed together! So I would appreciate your help in this regards, could you kindly re-group the muscles groups for me - Thanks!

Day Off
    Day Off
    Day Off
    Put chest in day 3 and you're golden.

Bimmerman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Samuli, what do you think of this combination?

Day 1: QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, DELTS
    Day Off
    Day 2: BICEPS, CHEST, ABS/CORE
    Day Off
    Day 3: BACK, TRICEPS, CALVES
    Day Off

Day Off
    Day Off
    Day Off
    A couple things to consider:

First is that the "best" grouping of muscles for workouts is probably going to be the one that you execute with the most consistency and intensity.

Once that foundation is laid, all other points are more fine-tuning than gospel truth. But to backtrack, especially to intensity... you can always give more! There's always more in the tank - mentally and physically. There's always one or two more reps inside you no matter how hard you THINK you have just pushed yourself. A real eye-opening for me was after purchasing Skip's Packing On Mass DVD. It made me realize MY intensity in the gym was falling WAY short of what I could have been doing. Listening to Skip's podcasts and some of his other audio seminars, even he's admitted that he still had more intensity to give. When you have an experience like I did, it made a world of difference in my training.

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE INSIDE OF YOU. YOU CAN ALWAYS DIG DEEPER!

With enough consistency and intensity, you could make just about any training routine work. Which also means that if you are struggling in the gym... it's probably not your routine as much as it is your MIND.

Skip's gonna talk more sets/reps in this challenge, so it's pointless for me to do that now. But why not take a leap of faith and follow one of Skip's routines?

Thanks Samuli, what do you think of this combination?

Day 1: QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, DELTS
    Day Off
    Day 2: BICEPS, CHEST, ABS/CORE
    Day Off
    Day 3: BACK, TRICEPS, CALVES
    Day Off
    Hi Bimmerman83.....

Check out this video. It si going to save you a lot of frustration and confusion in the future.

Asking for Opinions from Random People

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Originally Posted by sgtsuperman1 View Post
    Hi Skip, or anybody else who wants to reply. I have had some tests run and it seems the my testosterone levels are at 240. i am 35 years old. The Doctor told me it was caused by the amount of pain pills that I take for my back. I have had two operations and talking about my third.
    The Dr. prescribed me Adrogel, but I do not want to start that just yet. I am currently 240lbs at 6'3" at about 18%BF last year when I was lbs at 7% I did not take near he amount of pain pills as I do now. So I am sure the gain is not helping my back issues. My question is this, do you think ZMA and tribulus will help me enough to drop the lbs naturally and let my body increase test production on its own? or should I swallow my pride and use the androgel?
    Hi sgtsuperman1....

I've never had anybody who had their testosterone level tested by a pain medicine or aging center doctor--no matter their age--ever report to me that their testosterone levels were normal or even acceptable for a man their never. Just something to think about.

Although they can be helpful, those supplements aren't going come close to matching what prescriptions drugs will do.

If you can get your pain situation handled and get on a good and consistent training and eating regimen, I am sure that can help your situation.

Good luck and I feel for you having to deal with continual pain.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Hi mind4muscle7....

I don't understand why you would feel ashamed if it was NOT yet banned or you don't compete in organization that banned it yet.

Who do you think determines if something is banned, illegal, helps build "too much" muscle or helps you lose "too much" fat, or is a health risk?

People--just like you and me (maybe with a lot more knowledge, of course). A group of people decide in their "infinite wisdom" if a supplement sold over the counter should be banned, made illegal, helps build "too much" muscle or helps you lose "too much" fat or is a health risk. People.

In their "infinite wisdom" they allowed certain supplements--and then later changed their minds.

That decision is NOT made based on if it helps you build muscle or lose body fat--or how much normally. If that was the case, any supplement that helps you AT ALL--even 1/2 percent--would be illegal like a pre-workout, fat burner, creatine, protein powder, etc. because they do help you in same way, shape, or form and to some degree--OR YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM AT ALL because being legal would mean they are WORTHLESS. That's not the case. Sure, some help you more than others--but that is for a person or group of people to decide on if they help you "too much."

I'm sure if you had a "Crystal ball" that helped you see into the future and let you know they were going to be banned someday, you would not have taken them. Neither would I. But we aren't fortune tellers.

It isn't like you broke the law, did something sneaky, or went against the rules.

I don't know how much they helped. I did so many things right it would be hard to know. I achieved a high level of development before 1999 when they came on the market and afterwards until I stopped competing in 2003. I have no idea how powerful they became after 2003.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Well, I agree with you , but let me explain. back in those days, I had depression, and sometimes when a person has depression, they can't really think clearly. Back in those days I honestly thought I was ''natural'', I mean seriously. I would be taking 1-ad by ergopharm, taking ephedrine, and lifting ridiculous amounts of weight, and I honestly thought I was a natty, looking back in retrospect, I was obviously wrong! and I feel ashamed because I was so naive, but that's because of my depression. Now I'm depression free and I can think clearly, and it is my choice to really be natural now

Well, I agree with you , but let me explain. back in those days, I had depression, and sometimes when a person has depression, they can't really think clearly. Back in those days I honestly thought I was ''natural'', I mean seriously. I would be taking 1-ad by ergopharm, taking ephedrine, and lifting ridiculous amounts of weight, and I honestly thought I was a natty, looking back in retrospect, I was obviously wrong! and I feel ashamed because I was so naive, but that's because of my depression. Now I'm depression free and I can think clearly, and it is my choice to really be natural now
    I hear you, mind4muscle7.

I still think you are being way too hard on yourself. You certainly aren't the only one to consider those over the counter supplements to be "natural." NATURAL bodybuilding federations considered them to be acceptable too back in the early days, for gods sake! No matter what they might want you to believe now, I would estimate the vast majority of "natural" bodybuilders back in those early days took those supplements that were all advertised as natural supplements. Look forward. You don't take them now and you learned a lesson about supplements and advertising.

Hell, things change. They always do in the supplement industry. Some of the ingredients in the supplements you are taking RIGHT NOW could be banned in the future.

I hope you are doing better with the bouts of depression. Stick around this thread and participate in the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge to help keep your thoughts and actions going in a positive direction.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-07-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Mass Machine Minute RETURNS!

Made this morning. Let me know what you think!

Mass Machine Minute RETURNS!

Made this morning. Let me know what you think!

Nice, Jerome.

I love the effort. I love the fact that you are the trendsetting (hopefully) leader.

What is that on the left side of the screen? A telescope? You couldn't have moved that 3 feet over? LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.

P.S. I'm going to provide you (and everyone else) the art, graphics, images, Mass Machine Nutrition commercial video clip ending, and the theme music for the videos you create in the next post.

Make sure you those in your next video or even consider reediting this one for uniformity.

To DOWNLOAD all of the art, music, "swoosh" sound, and Mass Machine Nutrition ending video clip
    that you'll need to make your own "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" VIDEOS......

CLICK HERE

I look forward to see what you MASS MACHINES come up with!

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-09-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 270 of 364 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast