Closed Thread
Page 253 of 364 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 10915
    Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn Skip, you were just peeled! Always impressed with your physique accomplishments.

Been listening to past Mass Machine podcasts on blogtalk everyday for weeks now, can't get enough of it. Happy to report that I'm making steady strength gains with the addition of MM1000 Creatine, and MM250 Pre-Workout added to my routine over the last few weeks. Loving the products and info/support you provide us on the reg.

What I like about the MM250 is that it gives me just enough boost, focus and endurance without making me feel totally cracked out, and no crash. Plus I can sleep that night. Past products I used disrupted my sleep, or made me feel overly caffeinated, and even sick to my stomach during the workout. Will definitely be buying more when I run out. Thanks again for all you do for your fans/supporters here on the boards.
    Lee Priest for President

anonymous
    Hi Skip. Just posting to say you're doing a great job, thanks for helping people!

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Damn Skip, you were just peeled! Always impressed with your physique accomplishments.

Been listening to past Mass Machine podcasts on blogtalk everyday for weeks now, can't get enough of it. Happy to report that I'm making steady strength gains with the addition of MM1000 Creatine, and MM250 Pre-Workout added to my routine over the last few weeks. Loving the products and info/support you provide us on the reg.

What I like about the MM250 is that it gives me just enough boost, focus and endurance without making me feel totally cracked out, and no crash. Plus I can sleep that night. Past products I used disrupted my sleep, or made me feel overly caffeinated, and even sick to my stomach during the workout. Will definitely be buying more when I run out. Thanks again for all you do for your fans/supporters here on the boards.
    Hi fretslayer.....

Thanks for the great feedback on the podcasts, brother!

I get up every Sunday morning at 6:30 (whether I want to or not) wondering if anyone even listens to this shows despite what the download counts may read. LOL But, I just keep on keepin' on and do them anyway. I'm glad you find them useful.

Also, thanks for the great feedback on Mass Machine Nutrition's MM250 Pre-Workout. You are one of the smart people who don't get confused with a overstimulated "feeling" with absolute effectiveness. The competition in the pre-workout market gets tough when some companies out there simply don't care and just give the uninformed people what they "think" they want--worthless OVER STIMULATION! Supplement companies need to be more responsible than that!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM250 on Bodybuilding.com
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisMisc View Post
    Hi Skip. Just posting to say you're doing a great job, thanks for helping people!
    Thanks for the feedback, ChrisMisc. I really appreciate the kind words.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I agree consistency is key. So how do I calculate the ratios now? For example: I ate 2693 calories; I ate 298 g of protein, 225g of carbs and 67 g of fat on Monday, and Tues: 2516 calories; 296g protein, 221 g carbs, and 54.3g of fat.

I tried adding 298+225+67= 590 Then 298/590= 51% for protein, 225/590= 38 % carbs, 67/590= 11.4%. Is this correct? And if so, is that a good ratio for my body type and weight? I am not sure.
    Last edited by atw1552; 10-31-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: best guess
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Yeah, I agree consistency is key. So how do I calculate the ratios now? For example: I ate 2693 calories; I ate 298 g of protein, 225g of carbs and 67 g of fat on Monday, and Tues: 2516 calories; 296g protein, 221 g carbs, and 54.3g of fat.

I tried adding 298+225+67= 590 Then 298/590= 51% for protein, 225/590= 38 % carbs, 67/590= 11.4%. Is this correct? And if so, is that a good ratio for my body type and weight? I am not sure.
    How To Calculate The Percentages Of Macronutrients In Your Food

Before calculating the percentages of each of the macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fat) make up of your total food intake, you must know the calorie conversion of each of them. A calorie is a unit to state the heat content of food. In simple terms, what energy is needed to “burn up” that type of food.

Calorie Conversion

One calorie of protein is equal to 4 grams.

One calorie of carbohydrate is equal to 4 grams.

One calorie of fat is equal to 9 grams.

If you want 55 percent of the 2,500 calories you’ve allowed yourself for the day to come from protein, simply multiply 2,500 by .55. That means 1,375 of your 2,500 calories would come from protein. If you divide those 1,375 calories by 4 (the amount of grams one calorie of protein is equal to), you’ll determine that you need 343.75 grams of protein every day.

If you eat eight meals a day and feel you should distribute protein evenly throughout the day, each of those eight meals would consist of about 43 grams.

If you want 30 percent of the 2,500 calories you’ve allowed yourself for the day to come from carbohydrates, multiply 2,500 by .30. Which means 750 of your 2,500 calories would come from carbohydrates. If you divide those 750 calories by 4 (the amount of grams one calorie of carbohydrate is equal to), you’ll determine that you need 187.5 grams of carbohydrates every day.

If you eat eight meals a day and feel you should distribute your carbohydrates evenly throughout the day, each of those eight meals would consist of about 25 grams.

If you want 15 percent of the 2,500 calories you’ve allowed yourself for the day to come from fat, multiply 2,500 by .15. Which means 375 of your 2,500 calories would come from fat. If you divide those 375 calories by 9 (the amount of grams one calorie of fat is equal to), you’ll determine that you need about 42 grams of fat every day.

If you eat eight meals a day and feel you should distribute your fat evenly throughout the day, each of those eight meals would consist of about 5 grams.

Notice the totals of 42 grams of protein, 25 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of fat that we determined each meal will consist of are very close to the nutritional breakdown of a typical meal replacement.

You can check your work by adding the amount of calories you have determined for each of the macronutrients are equal to the daily total of calories for the day in this manner:

Total protein (55%) = 1,375

Total carbohydrates (30%) = 750

Total fat (15%) = 375

---------------------------------------------------

Total calories for the day = 2,500

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to learn about Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding Nutrition Step-By-Step Program
    and take your efforts to the next level.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Response

[QUOTE=skiplacour;972166243]I read that you are eating 2600-2750 calories.

Wow, this is great stuff. I am going to print this out and read it carefully, I don't want to miss anything here. If this is correct I am going to have to adjust by adding more protein, change my carbs minorly, and then keep it consistent. This is crazy I am learning this stuff now, but I am glad, I don't want to waste my time with effort in the gym but wrong macronutrients at home.

Skip here is a question: So, if I increase protein per meal to 43 g, will I eat roughly 2 chicken breast per meal, or two cans of tuna? I just want to be sure, so I know how to measure it out when I go to prepare my meals for the day.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Dkarst456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

You know you're a Mass Machine when:
    1) You train with so much intensity and weight that people tell you you're there for you're ego.
    2) Youre untensity and grunting bothers people.
    3) A man who's competed for 21 years and been in the gym 27 years, tells you you're doing everything wrong. You sit there and listen but everything goes right over your head because you have unskakable certainty and confidence in your Mass Machine Training Program.

Thought I'd share my day with you Coach Skip. Thanks

I read that you are eating 2600-2750 calories.

Wow, this is great stuff. I am going to print this out and read it carefully, I don't want to miss anything here. If this is correct I am going to have to adjust by adding more protein, change my carbs minorly, and then keep it consistent. This is crazy I am learning this stuff now, but I am glad, I don't want to waste my time with effort in the gym but wrong macronutrients at home.

Skip here is a question: So, if I increase protein per meal to 43 g, will I eat roughly 2 chicken breast per meal, or two cans of tuna? I just want to be sure, so I know how to measure it out when I go to prepare my meals for the day.
    Wait a second, atw1552....

I was only showing you how to do the math when it comes to figuring out the macronutritent (protein, carbohydrates, and fat) percentage in the total calories you are eating.

That was only an example--not a recommendation.

I was not telling you what that breakdown percentage should be.

To start, shoot for 30% protein, 40% carbohydrates, 30% fats (unless you have a plan in place already).

Train Hard. Think Big.

Hi Dkarst456.....

Here's when you REALLY know you're a Machine Machine:

Originally Posted by Dkarst456 View Post
    You know you're a Mass Machine when:
    1) You train with so much intensity and weight that people tell you you're there for you're ego.
    People wouldn't tell you ****. They may not among themselves (which they have every right to do)--but they wouldn't tell you directly.

They would just know that you are certain about what you do, probably oblivious to what other people think, and their words would just fall upon deaf ears anyway.

2) Your intensity and grunting bothers people.
    I would assume that, if I had to grunt (which I'd better be lifting some serious ass weight if I'm going to grunt), they'd respect my passion, determination, and the amount of weight I'm able to lift. I would assume they'd be admire me--not get bothered.

3) A man who's competed for 21 years and been in the gym 27 years, tells you you're doing everything wrong. You sit there and listen but everything goes right over your head because you have unshakable certainty and confidence in your Mass Machine Training Program.
    1. They would be talking to my back as I'm walking away because I have much better things to do with my time that listen to that.

2. Again, they wouldn't say anything.

Thought I'd share my day with you Coach Skip. Thanks
    Great stuff, brother!

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #16 - October 31, 2012

Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

My Plan is your plan me amigo. I just want to get it right so that I can cut out this stuborn fat. So to summarize, if 2,500 is the correct amount of calories for me to eat daily (and I don't know), then the ratio 30/40/30 will be split up like this

Protein Intake: 2,500 *.30 = 750/4= 187.5 g protein/ 7 (meals a day)= 27g of protein per meal
    Carbohydrate Itake: 2,500 * .40 = 1000/4= 250 g carbohydrates/ 7 (meals a day)= 37g of carbs per meal
    Fat Intake (good fat): 2,500 * = 750/9= 83.3 g fat/7 (meals a day)= 12 g fat per meal

Ok, I'm on board. Just a few follow-up questions then

1) Is this a plan for bulking or cutting?
    2) What are the easiest good fats per meal to prepare (like adding vegatable oil etc.)?
    3) How do I know if I am getting enough protein?

P.S. (I'm just trying to filter out all the data I have read about 1.5 g of protein per lb. of body weight which would be 315 g of protein (changing the ratio back to 45%+) and carbs are "bad" for larger folks blah blah, etc. I am definately trusting your recommendation mon senior, I just want to have this knowledge refined so I can share it with others who are as confused as I am.
    John Quincy Adams

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Listened to the new Podcast "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet. They always get me fired up in some way or provide value.

I understood what Tyler was feeling after the Team Universe with wanting a break and I understood how hard he had been working. I also understand that it is a personal decision on whether to take that break. I understood these feelings because I too had been working hard in the "Challenge" and was competing in the Team Universe followed by Masters National.

When the "Challenge" was over & the shows over too, I had thoughts of taking a break from journaling as well. However, my personal decision was to take advantage of the opportunity to continue journaling, pursue my fitness business, and continue working towards my goals. I chose to push myself further by taking advantage of the One-on-One Coaching & my "Most Influencial" win during the challenge, even going as far as to request my prize which would further me toward my goals.

So two points for this post:
    1) A reminder for everyone to make certain that before giving in & taking that break, it is really what you want to do & make sure you won't regret that missed opportunity
    2) Skip - if you are looking for a Mass Machine to help. Henderjb is leading by example
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

My Plan is your plan me amigo. I just want to get it right so that I can cut out this stuborn fat. So to summarize, if 2,500 is the correct amount of calories for me to eat daily (and I don't know), then the ratio 30/40/30 will be split up like this

Protein Intake: 2,500 *.30 = 750/4= 187.5 g protein/ 7 (meals a day)= 27g of protein per meal
    Carbohydrate Itake: 2,500 * .40 = 1000/4= 250 g carbohydrates/ 7 (meals a day)= 37g of carbs per meal
    Fat Intake (good fat): 2,500 * = 750/9= 83.3 g fat/7 (meals a day)= 12 g fat per meal

I'm on board. Just a few follow-up questions then
    At this stage of the game, atw1552;, I don't want you to try to eat 7 times a day. Just eat five times. Spread them out evenly.

When you follow through with EXACTLY what you've outlined to 2 months straight, we can reevaluate if that's necessary.

100% execution and build momentum and confidence is what's MOST important right now.

1) Is this a plan for bulking or cutting?
    You are doing neither. You are eating in a manner to build muscle and lose body. You are not intentionally going to one extreme or the other.

2) What are the easiest good fats per meal to prepare (like adding vegetable oil etc.)?
    I like flax seed oil, myself. olive oil is good too. Look up "good healthy fats" on Google and get familiar with your options.

3) How do I know if I am getting enough protein?
    You are going to learn how to eat--and follow through with your plan first.

Don't look for all the answer yet. They will reveal themselves to you are you progress.

Get yourself going first

P.S. (I'm just trying to filter out all the data I have read about 1.5 g of protein per lb. of body weight which would be 315 g of protein (changing the ratio back to 45%+) and carbs are "bad" for larger folks blah blah, etc. I am definately trusting your recommendation mon senior, I just want to have this knowledge refined so I can share it with others who are as confused as I am.
    You are going to read many things. Until you follow through and get some practical experience and firsthand "feel" for what you are doing, none of it will make sense to you.

We'd be talking "theories" forever.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Listened to the new Podcast "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet. They always get me fired up in some way or provide value.

I understood what Tyler was feeling after the Team Universe with wanting a break and I understood how hard he had been working. I also understand that it is a personal decision on whether to take that break. I understood these feelings because I too had been working hard in the "Challenge" and was competing in the Team Universe followed by Masters National.

When the "Challenge" was over & the shows over too, I had thoughts of taking a break from journaling as well. However, my personal decision was to take advantage of the opportunity to continue journaling, pursue my fitness business, and continue working towards my goals. I chose to push myself further by taking advantage of the One-on-One Coaching & my "Most Influencial" win during the challenge, even going as far as to request my prize which would further me toward my goals.

So two points for this post:
    1) A reminder for everyone to make certain that before giving in & taking that break, it is really what you want to do & make sure you won't regret that missed opportunity
    2) Skip - if you are looking for a Mass Machine to help. Henderjb is leading by example
    My point was I spent a lot of time coaching Tyler on the series of podcast I did with him telling him what he needed to do to succeed--yet he did exactly what I told him NOT to do.

I had a talk with him on the phone about it.

Knowing Tyler, he'd want me to share the experience with everyone to learn from.

Many people "say" the want to succeed. Many people even work pretty hard toward it. Yet, it evades them at the level they are after.

This example ties in perfectly with my message in this week's podcast.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-01-2012 at 11:43 AM.

One more point about this week's podacast....

How many of you watch the TV series "Homeland"?

The lead character is a extremely passionate, dedicated, and committed to protecting her "Homeland" from terrorists.

She gives everything she's got...heart, soul, time, identity......everything to her cause.

Now, THAT'S passion.

Who wouldn't want a person like that protecting your "homeland"?

The closer you can be like her about that one thing you want to SUCCEED at as she is to her cause, the better!

Now, I realize that type of commitment is not for everyone--but who wouldn't want her on your "team"?

Podcast #16 - October 31, 2012

Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    At this stage of the game, atw1552;, I don't want you to try to eat 7 times a day. Just eat five times. Spread them out evenly.

When you follow through with EXACTLY what you've outlined to 2 months straight, we can reevaluate if that's necessary.

100% execution and build momentum and confidence is what's MOST important right now.

You are doing neither. You are eating in a manner to build muscle and lose body. You are not intentionally going to one extreme or the other.

I like flax seed oil, myself. olive oil is good too. Look up "good healthy fats" on Google and get familiar with your options.

You are going to learn how to eat--and follow through with your plan first.

Don't look for all the answer yet. They will reveal themselves to you are you progress.

Get yourself going first

You are going to read many things. Until you follow through and get some practical experience and firsthand "feel" for what you are doing, none of it will make sense to you.

We'd be talking "theories" forever.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Spot on with your points Skip, thanks so much. Yes, I will be consistent with my meals and get back to you in a month to "check-in". I have to say, it has been a blessing and encouragement to me to have you giving me advise Skip. Thanks so much for helping me out, and others on this board.
    John Quincy Adams

Spot on with your points Skip, thanks so much. Yes, I will be consistent with my meals and get back to you in a month to "check-in". I have to say, it has been a blessing and encouragement to me to have you giving me advise Skip. Thanks so much for helping me out, and others on this board.
    Thanks for the kind words, atw1552. I appreciate it.

What would make me even more appreciative is watching you SUCCEED!

Do it, brother!

2002 NPC Team Universe Overall Winner - Skip La Cour

...and NPC News Magazine Cover Photo Shoot Afterward

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

"If you aren't DOING IT then you don't know it."

--Tony Robbins

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Lurking in the Shadows... rdcopps's Avatar
    rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip,

What is your opinion on weightlifting belts? I have read the pros and the cons for both sides. Personally, I tend to not use a belt when squatting until the weight gets heavy. Then I put on the belt. I guess my reasoning for that is that when the weights get heavy the opportunity to not use strict form is greater and the chance of injury much more likely. I would think that using a belt at all times would cause the lower back muscles from strengthening along with your other muscles. What are your thoughts? What do you practice?

Originally Posted by rdcopps View Post
    Skip,

What is your opinion on weightlifting belts? I have read the pros and the cons for both sides. Personally, I tend to not use a belt when squatting until the weight gets heavy. Then I put on the belt. I guess my reasoning for that is that when the weights get heavy the opportunity to not use strict form is greater and the chance of injury much more likely. I would think that using a belt at all times would cause the lower back muscles from strengthening along with your other muscles. What are your thoughts? What do you practice?
    Hi rdcopps.....

I'm not sure what you consider "not using strict form" but it's not a good idea to hope that a belt will protect you from injury.

For mental reasons (as well as physical ones), I suggest that you do everything the exact same way during the warm up sets and lighter weight sets as you do the heavier weight ones. So, either wear a belt during every set during that particular exercise--or don't wear one at all. Remember, most people don't get injured during the heavy, taxing sets when they are the most focused.

I wear a weight belt during squats and deadlifts only. I've gone through long periods of time never wearing a weight belt.

Benefits of wearing a weight belt: Feeling more protected so you attack the weight more aggressively.

Drawbacks: The core muscles not being used to their fullest.

One poster here stated that trainer Charles Glass has all of his people wear weight belts during every set of every exercise. His reasoning for this is to make sure those core muscles do NOT do any of the work and inadvertently build muscle in areas that would make a bodybuilder's physique less pleasing.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

FREE Ebook Compliments of Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition

"10 Stupid Things Bodybuilders Do To Mess Up Their Training Habits" By Skip La Cour

Click Here Now to download this FREE Skip La Cour Ebook.

ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip this is the caller from your show on Sunday morning. I really appreciate you taking the time speak with me on my question. I think we got cut off but I wanted let you know that I will listen to the podcast and implement the strategies you gave to me. I think I will focus more on my daily disciplines and make sure I'm documenting them better (which I might not be right now). I think I also will do better at being realistic with my what I expect.
    Trying to take my training and fitness to a level I have never been at before. I will document my progress and the strategies I used and hopefully it will motivate and inspire others.

SOON I will have the physique to motivate others

Self Development Blog: iHelpMotivate.com

Blog where I post things I find motivating and strategies from books and authors in the self-development field.

Originally Posted by ihelpmotivate View Post
    Skip this is the caller from your show on Sunday morning. I really appreciate you taking the time speak with me on my question. I think we got cut off but I wanted let you know that I will listen to the podcast and implement the strategies you gave to me. I think I will focus more on my daily disciplines and make sure I'm documenting them better (which I might not be right now). I think I also will do better at being realistic with my what I expect.
    Hi ihelpmotivate.....

Thanks for calling in.

I only have 45 minutes and the podcast ended.

Think about everything we talked about--and then call back in next week.

We'll finish our discussion then.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

11-4-12

Bodybuilding Success Is 80% Psychology and 20% Strategies

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

SUPREME FAT LOSS!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

tnmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

41 and need help getting into shape

I'm 41 yrs old
    5'11"
    223lbs
    40" waist line was told by doctor that I have low testosterone levels and she put me on testim gel. She said all other levels in blood test looked ok. I'm wanting to get rid of this gut and want to have abs and a good looking upper body. I don't drink or smoke and will drink protein shakes eat ckicken drink a gallon of water a day but I can't drop size or pounds. I belong to a gym and love to work out but my joints kill me after a couple of weeks working out hard was hoping this testosterone gel would help me its been 4 days its to early to notice yet. So any advice would be appreciated

Originally Posted by tnmike View Post
    I'm 41 yrs old
    5'11"
    223lbs
    40" waist line was told by doctor that I have low testosterone levels and she put me on testim gel. She said all other levels in blood test looked ok. I'm wanting to get rid of this gut and want to have abs and a good looking upper body. I don't drink or smoke and will drink protein shakes eat ckicken drink a gallon of water a day but I can't drop size or pounds. I belong to a gym and love to work out but my joints kill me after a couple of weeks working out hard was hoping this testosterone gel would help me its been 4 days its to early to notice yet. So any advice would be appreciated
    How long have you been going to the gym and paying attention to your eating habits, tnmike?

I'm sure your prescription is going to help some--but it's certainly not going to replace all the good training and eating habits you must follow through with to lose that fat.

Train Hard. Think Big.

To Build Muscle and Lose Body Fat, You'll Have To Know The Answer To These Questions About Your Eating Habits

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses the importance of eating properly if you want to build muscle and lose body fat.

If You Want To Build Muscle and Lose Body Fat, You'll Have To Know The Answer To These Questions About Your Eating Habits.

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question

Hi Skip,

I have a question that kept me up last night. Right now I'm eating 11 meals every day and sleeping six hours every night, from a muscle building standpoint do you think it would be better to eat just 10 meals and sleep eight hours every night?

Thank you coach!

Closed Thread
Page 253 of 364 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 ... LastLast