Closed Thread
Page 213 of 364 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jayflex6 View Post
    Skip. For some exercises sometimes I start shaking while in the process. For example, on BB rows my legs start shaking as I am supporting myself in the bent over position. Or on Stiff Leg DL as I bend over. Now my original observation caused me to suspect that my hamstrings need a little more work to catch up to the rest of my leg development but i'm not 100% on how true that may or may not be yet. Do you have any suggestions?
    I really don't know what the cause might be.

Does that happen when are really loading up the weight? Maybe weight you've never done before?

Plant your feet firmly INTO the ground....like you feet are cemented into the floor. Focus on that strong foundation before every set...of every exercise....of every workout

After a week or so, I'm thinking that might take care of the challenge. Your body will be in a consistent, stronger position and your body will get used to it.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Training INTENSITY Defined

By Skip La Cour

SkipLaCour.com

The cornerstone to any effective training strategy is the amount of intensity that's put into it. Whatever training routine or philosophy you decide to use, you must train with intensity. Without enough intensity, your training efforts will produce results that are mediocre at best.

But what exactly does that mean? You read about intensity in the bodybuilding and fitness magazines all the time. Your buddies in the gym often talk about it as well. But exactly what is the definition of intensity?

Intensity in training can be described as giving 100 percent of your mind, body, and soul to every repetition, every set, every exercise, and every workout. Intensity means pounding the weights so hard that every set throughout your entire workout ends in absolute failure. In other words, you have absolutely nothing left in reserve when the set is completed. Intensity is just as much a mental feat as it is a physical one.

Intensity can also be defined as consistently striving for a higher level of excellence with every exercise, set, and rep you perform—regardless of what you've achieved in the past. You constantly strive to raise your standards for what you expect of yourself during every session. Intensity is never being satisfied with your current level of performance or development because, deep inside your soul, you know that you're capable of at least one more repetition, five more pounds, or a slight improvement in your form or execution.

When you train with this type of passion, zeal, and enthusiasm, constant improvement in your physique is inevitable. If you train with intensity, there's no question that you'll be more productive in your bodybuilding efforts than those people who do not. The higher your training intensity level becomes, the better you'll be at initiating the muscle-building process.

Train Hard. Think Big.

You are a MASS MACHINE.

Click Here and Take Your Bodybuilding & Training Efforts To The Next Level NOW with Skip La Cour's DVDs, eBooks,
    Audio Seminar Courses, and One-on-One Coaching Programs.

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Conference Call #15 - April 19, 2012

How Important Is Being A LEADER To You?

Click here to listen and/or download

Train Hard. Think Big.

If you found this information helpful and want to learn more click and "like" the MANformation Alpha Leadership Strategies For Men ******** Page.
    Great, GREAT podcast!!

Most resonating quote: "Dont address the haters, or try to change their mind. Its a waste of time"

Funniest Quote: "You ready B!!"

If you haven't listened to it, you need to do so.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Follow me on my Mass Machine Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post842138641

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The conference calls really are great. I have repeatedly listened to last week's conference call several times this week on the way to the gym - the part about intensity just cranks you up listening to it.
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Great, GREAT podcast!!

Most resonating quote: "Dont address the haters, or try to change their mind. Its a waste of time"

Click here to order

Funniest Quote: "You ready B!!"

If you haven't listened to it, you need to do so.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

I am a MASS MACHINE! talalelh15's Avatar
    talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi skip, how are you doin?

Wanted to ask why we need to do first week at 6-8 rep range, i am talking about your max ot routines.

Greetings Talalelh15
    I am a Mass Machine!

Favorite website: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com
    Favorite Supplement: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/8
    Favorite coach: http://skiplacour.com
    Favorite Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

~If you think it, you must do it!

Don't Rely On A Training Partner To Help Take Your Efforts To The Next Level - #91

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses the value of training partners and if that is a situation you should rely on to improve your efforts in the gym.

Click here to order

Click Here for the Mass Machine Training Routines
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-21-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Originally Posted by talalelh15 View Post
    Hi skip, how are you doin?

Wanted to ask why we need to do first week at 6-8 rep range, i am talking about your max ot routines.

Greetings Talalelh15
    Hi talalelh15.

I'm certain that you're discovering that training at your highest level of performance is just as much of a MENTAL challenge as it is a PHYSICAL one.

The Mass Machine Training Program demands that you continually push yourself to establish higher and higher levels performance. There's always a higher level of performance you can achieve in the gym--no matter how well you think you are doing now.

Strategies that FORCE you to go for more are BUILT INTO the Mass Machine Training Program.

Training in the rep scheme of 6 to 8 during the FIRST week of your training cycle; training in the rep scheme of 6 to 8 during the LAST week of your training cycle; and training in the rep scheme of 4 to 6 during all of the other weeks in between is just one of those strategies.

During your first week back after taking a complete week off for rest and recovery, you want to get your body and mind reacclimated to weight training. Instead of pushing yourself to lift more weight during that first week, get your coordination back. Get your rhythm back. Get your "mindset of a champion" back. Get you confidence back. Focus more on effective execution of each repetition. Concentrate on that mind-muscle connection more than anything else.

You want to push yourself to lift as much weight as you can--but that's not your number one priority. The 6 to 8 rep scheme will help you prioritize this.

During all of the following weeks (besides the last week), you want to really push yourself and train in the 4 to 6 rep range. Obviously, you should be able to lift significantly more weight than you did during the first week if the rep scheme is now only 4 to 6, right?

During the last week of your training cycle is when you learn who you really are and what you are truly capable of. After establishing high standards and documenting them during those middle weeks of training, you now have something to compare your last week of training to.

During your last week of training, you go back to the 6 to 8 rep range. You go back to the same training priorities that you had during the first week of the training cycle. You'll find out just how effectively and effectively you were training because that last week will give you something to compare your efforts with.

Many times you'll discover that the MASS MACHINE inside of you will MATCH the amount of weight you did while training in the 4 to 6 rep range--even though you are shooting for the 6 to 8 rep range with great execution.

Why? Because you will NOT want to go back down in weight--but you are forced to get at least two more reps with that weight!

That's how powerful your mind is! You are forced to go for more.

If you do indeed discover this, then that tells you that, during those previous weeks, you weren't really training up to your true potential.

That will be a valuable lesson learned about your body and mind.

And that's how you take yourself to higher and higher levels of training performance in the gym.

With that being said...

There's a saying that goes "A tactic know is a tactic blown." In other words, if you know what I am trying to teach you before you actually experience the lesson, you are less likely to learn the lesson. You'll know what it is supposed to do--and your ego might resist it. Worse yet, you will DEFEND your training performance during those middle weeks by making sure that you last week isn't anything spectacular.

What if the Karate Kid forced Mr. Myagi to tell him exactly why he was "waxing on and waxing off"? Do you think he would have learned the lesson or it would have had as powerful of an impact?

I doubt if the MENTAL POWER built into the Mass Machine Training Program 6 to 8/4 to 6 rep scheme will now have its full affect on you. Prove me wrong.

For the 100th time.....

I say. You do. No question! LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Click Here for the Mass Machine Training Routines
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.

talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Super answer skip, i wil prove you wrong lol.

Greetings Mass machine Talalelh15
    I am a Mass Machine!

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Coach.
    Was hoping I could get some critique on my Seated Cable Rows. This is my first time actually seeing myself perform the exercise. One thing I think I can improve on would be the two count on the negative. Any improvements you think I need to work on would be greatly appreciated.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Last edited by Lex29us; 04-21-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!

Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Hey Coach.
    Was hoping I could get some critique on my Seated Cable Rows. This is my first time actually seeing myself perform the exercise. One thing I think I can improve on would be the two count on the negative. Any improvements you think I need to work on would be greatly appreciated.

-Lex
    Those look great, Lex.

It seems like you really pushed yourself during that set. The weight seemed challenging. Your timing was good. You stayed upright just enough at the top of the movement. And, you had a good stretch at the bottom of the movement.

One major tip:

Keep your elbows tucked in closely to your body both as your drive through the movement--and as you control the weight on the way back. Have your arms almost drag against your torso. Right now, you have them pointing out at about a 45 degree angle from your body.

You'll feel a lot more direct stimulation in your back--and less in your arms and shoulders.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks coach. I'll work on those tips next Back session.

-Lex

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Skip, bar rows are challenging & I have been trying to lift more & more with them each week & finding myself stronger. Thought I would do a video to check my form and my intensity. Two of my four sets are shown. The last set I added 10#. I get a bit more momentum going but I think the form is on track. Let me know if you see any issues with form or if my intensity is less than I feel it is. I know there is always a higher level. I really do believe I can get to 225 with a little work.

Click here to order
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Skip, bar rows are challenging & I have been trying to lift more & more with them each week & finding myself stronger. Thought I would do a video to check my form and my intensity. Two of my four sets are shown. The last set I added 10#. I get a bit more momentum going but I think the form is on track. Let me know if you see any issues with form or if my intensity is less than I feel it is. I know there is always a higher level. I really do believe I can get to 225 with a little work.
    Those look great to me, henderjb.

I love the intensity. That's some impressive weight with good, effective form and execution.

Awesome job!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip, I just wanted to put it out there, I just finished listening to the latest conference call #15. I found your willingness to share your raw, honest, and personal information awesome. I have always found it interesting how we tend to gravitate to certain people and at times we don't really understand why until we find out more about those individuals. It seems we have a lot more in common than I originally thought. If there are any Mass Machines out there who haven't taken the time to listen to conference call #15 in it's entirety I highly encourage you to do so, it is a phenomenal call! Thanks for putting that and everything else you put out there for us, Skip!!

Click Here For Conference Call #15

Click here to order
    right here o Bodybuilding.com today
    In Bodybuilding there are no last second lucky shots, no lucky punches, no sudden death, you where either disciplined, sacrificed, and determined… not for weeks or months but years…you either got it done or you didn’t.

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am a mass machine

I am loving this challenge!! It s not only changing my body every week but changing my mindset every week!

Click here to order
    Last edited by pphelps83; 04-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post

I am loving this challenge!! It s not only changing my body every week but changing my mindset every week!
    Nice work, pphelps83!

Do you happen to have that same shot 14 weeks ago?

Click here to order

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This was taken January 30 2012

Not got one from the first week but this is from end of week 2

This ones from today

Just Keep on Keeping on!!

Click here to order

======================
    Last edited by pphelps83; 04-22-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: new pic
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Weekly Review Week #14 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge - #92

In this video, Skip La Cour helps you review Week #14 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge by asking you a series of questions.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-23-2012 at 06:26 AM.

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last edited by tyseagle; 04-22-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Coach!

Did my warm up, acclimation's and was still feeling tired. I don't know if its the way I increased intensity and duration on my cardiovascular training on afternoons combined with my calorie deficient diet. I struggled through my workout, having a couple mins more rest between sets in order to move the same weight used last week! I will recheck my calories today when I get home from court. I had pre-workout supplements and 5 hours of rest last night. My thinking is that it is supposed to be challenging yet comfortable at the same time... Not the tired feeling all the time... My first approach is to re-check my calories and make sure I am not cutting them away too fast, I don't know where to go from there, What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance1

I AM A MASS MACHINE...
    I AM IN CONTROL OF MY ENVIRONMENT....
    I AM PATIENT AND PERSISTENT....
    I WILL KEEP ON KEEPING ON....

http://http://forum.bodybuilding.com...light=tariqgym

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]

alftw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really need help man!

Hey, i'm 19 this year and i've been hitting the gym since like 3 months ago.
    a little about myself,
    i'm overweight but have managed to lose about 6 kg due to diet, constant gymming and steady cardio. the thing is i''m now at a weight loss plateu, i haven't been losing weight anymore... what should i do?
    another issue i have is with the body fats ard my chest, is there a way to make them go away?
    my chest work out includes
    -bench press
    -inclined bench
    -dumbbell press
    -inclined dumbbell press
    - high flyer
    -mid flyer
    -low flyer
    i've been doing this for 3 months now and the fats don't seem to be going away, any ideo how i can deal with this?

really appreciate a lot if you can reply to this, thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Also wanted to share my part of my progression. Maybe a expert like skip can see some changes lol.

week 2

week 10

I have been following packing on muscle dvd by Skip la cour. Above are the results. Currently cutting down in bf, slowly reduced some calories.

Eating patterns are still a 10.

Talalelh15
    I am a Mass Machine!

Originally Posted by Tariqgym View Post
    Hey Coach!

Did my warm up, acclimation's and was still feeling tired. I don't know if its the way I increased intensity and duration on my cardiovascular training on afternoons combined with my calorie deficient diet. I struggled through my workout, having a couple mins more rest between sets in order to move the same weight used last week! I will recheck my calories today when I get home from court. I had pre-workout supplements and 5 hours of rest last night. My thinking is that it is supposed to be challenging yet comfortable at the same time... Not the tired feeling all the time... My first approach is to re-check my calories and make sure I am not cutting them away too fast, I don't know where to go from there, What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Tariqgym.

If you are training hard and gradually cutting your calories, there will come a point in time when you'll have less strength in the gym.

That's just the challenge that comes with the dieting/fat loss process. You have to be mentally tougher at this stage and get the most out of each and every set--despite your condition.

When I competed for a contest, of course I'd lose energy and strength in the gym as I was getting shredded and ripped and the contest was getting closer.

I just fought off those feelings to make sure they were PHYSICAL challenges--and not MENTAL ones.

I actually felt I was at my VERY BEST combination of size, strength, and conditioning at about six weeks before my contest. Many competitors talk about being significantly weaker the very minute they started their calorie restrictive diets at 12 or 14 weeks before their shows.

Many people just succumb to challenge and just assume they are physically weak because they are dieting and cutting calories. Make sure you are not one of those people.

Keep on Keepin on!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Hi guys,

Also wanted to share my part of my progression. Maybe a expert like skip can see some changes lol.

week 2

week 10

I have been following packing on muscle dvd by Skip la cour. Above are the results. Currently cutting down in bf, slowly reduced some calories.

Eating patterns are still a 10.

Talalelh15
    You look great, brother.

You have made some definite improvement in you body composition (muscle to fat ratio).

You can tell that by the detail and added muscle in your upper back.

Your arms look thicker.

Your V-taper has improve significantly too.

It looks like you've been hitting legs hard because you've added density to your glutes ("No homo" as you youngsters say LOL )

What are the changes on the scale? although your weight is not always a good indicator of your progress, you have less body fat and more size so, your case, it does have meaning.

Great work. At 19 years old, you are on your way, my man!

Originally Posted by alftw View Post
    Hey, i'm 19 this year and i've been hitting the gym since like 3 months ago.
    a little about myself,
    i'm overweight but have managed to lose about 6 kg due to diet, constant gymming and steady cardio. the thing is i''m now at a weight loss plateu, i haven't been losing weight anymore... what should i do?
    another issue i have is with the body fats ard my chest, is there a way to make them go away?
    my chest work out includes
    -bench press
    -inclined bench
    -dumbbell press
    -inclined dumbbell press
    - high flyer
    -mid flyer
    -low flyer
    i've been doing this for 3 months now and the fats don't seem to be going away, any ideo how i can deal with this?

really appreciate a lot if you can reply to this, thanks in advance!
    Welcome to this thread, alftw.

At this stage of your journey, don't concern yourself with the scale and your weight.

What you should concern yourself with is training hard, eating, right, learning more and more about bodybuilding and training, and being CONSISTENT with all of those things.

Use the MIRROR to monitor your progress.

In addition, notice the difference in how your clothes feel.

Because you have been training for only three months, you are more than likely building muscle and losing fat--which makes your "net progress" less significant as far as your weight loss goes.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Week #15 Check In - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - #93

Your Coach Skip La Cour checks in with at the beginning of Week #15 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge and gives you things to think about.

Click here to order

Hey Coach.

I have three separate training videos for you. Chest Dips, Tricep Pressdowns, and Lying Tricep Extensions. With my Extensions and pressdowns, should my elbows be even closer in? I tried to make that adjustment with my last set of Extensions.

Looking for your guidance and comments on my performance and execution. You know, All love.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    You look great, brother.

You have made some definite improvement in you body composition (muscle to fat ratio).

You can tell that by the detail and added muscle in your upper back.

Your arms look thicker.

Your V-taper has improve significantly too.

It looks like you've been hitting legs hard because you've added density to your glutes ("No homo" as you youngsters say LOL )

What are the changes on the scale? although your weight is not always a good indicator of your progress, you have less body fat and more size so, your case, it does have meaning.

Great work. At 19 years old, you are on your way, my man!
    Great to hear that coach!

i went from 74 kg(163 lbs) to 80 kg(176) in those weeks that you tought me everything.

My bodyfat indeed went down, i do not know how much because i measured it at different times and just look at the mirror.

Lol my glutes are the best part of my body XD.
    I am a Mass Machine!

Great to hear that coach!

i went from 74 kg(163 lbs) to 80 kg(176) in those weeks that you tought me everything.

My bodyfat indeed went down, i do not know how much because i measured it at different times and just look at the mirror.

Lol my glutes are the best part of my body XD.
    Even more impressive.

That's 13 QUALITY POUNDS in just 14 weeks.

Awesome!

Click here to order

treswm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question about scheduling my mass-gaining stack. I recently started a stack that i'm extremely excited about. The stack is: Gaspari SuperPump250, ON amino energy, ON micronized creatine powder, empyrean insu-pro recovery supplement, animal pack multivitamin, and Driven Sports Activate Xtreme. (and I also have AST Sports Science DGC, but I've been taking that for a few weeks and haven't noticed any change with it)
    -it's also important to note that I am usually in the gym about 45 minutes after I wake up, I'm in college so i have to take the bus to breakfast and then to the gym.
    I usually mix everything when I wake up, then take a mix of superpump250 and amino energy when i get to the dining hall (before eating). Then I eat, usually eggs, a bowl of oatmeal, maybe a hash brown, and a glass of milk, then i take the animal pak, which is a BUNCH of pills. This is also when I take two activate Xtreme pills
    I drink my insu-pro post-workout shake w/ 1 tsp. of the ON creatine.
    I take another 2 activate Xtreme pills usually at night before bed.

my main questions are that: do you see any glaring problems in this schedule, would you change anything? also, in the mornings i get the feeling that I am shoving so much crap down my throat that maybe it'd be better to move some supplements to later in the day, but I obviously want to focus my creatine and preworkout/postworkout stuff around my workouts, but should I move maybe 1/2 of the Animal Pak pills to mid-afternoon? and maybe the two activate xtreme pills also? Please let me know what you think

thanks

Closed Thread
Page 213 of 364 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast