Registered User solidmusclejake's Avatar
    solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question on ACE cert

I am thinking about getting my first basic cert sometime soon. I have a couple questions though. How long does it take to prepare or study for the ACE exam. I am in my first year of college and the only time i could really devote to studying that would be over the summer. So my real question is could i study for 3 months if its enough time? And once i receive certification how long does it last for?

Registered User solidmusclejake's Avatar
    solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solidmusclejake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump

Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sikk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea you can study and pass the ACE exam in a 3 month period

I'm not sure how long it lasts as I never took it. I got my ACSM and NSCA cert's first.

BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sikk View Post
    yea you can study and pass the ACE exam in a 3 month period

I'm not sure how long it lasts as I never took it. I got my ACSM and NSCA cert's first.
    There is a 12 week training program, which would work pretty well for ya. You can test anytime after that.
    My Treadmill Goes to "11"!

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How long it takes is up to you. I took 3 months and felt it was adequate but I already had 2 certs and over a year experience. The study guides give you an outline to keep you on track. If you do a certain level of studying each week, it doesn't get overwhelming.

The cert is good for 2 years, I think - double check on their website, but you can take continuing ed classes to keep current indefinitely. The cont ed classes are as simple as reading the newsletter and answering some questions up to taking some mini specialities certs or other full certifications.

I've gotten the pt cert, the lifestyle and weight management cert and the older population specialization.

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont mean to hijack the thread, but my books will be on my doorstep tomorrow. I also plan on going gun ho into this and studying very frequently. How much do you think I'd have to study to be ready for the test in a month? I havent even seen the books yet, so I could be completely wrong about being able to get it done in a month. I'd like to try though. Also I'm very good with anatomy and exercises already.
    Last edited by b~rad; 05-08-2008 at 06:50 PM.
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by b~rad View Post
    dont mean to hijack the thread, but my books will be on my doorstep tomorrow. I also plan on going gun ho into this and studying very frequently. How much do you think I'd have to study to be ready for the test in a month? I havent even seen the books yet, so I could be completely wrong about being able to get it done in a month. I'd like to try though. Also I'm very good with anatomy and exercises already.
    Only one way to find out. In the back of the book it talks about what makes up the tests and what's worth the most points. Skim the book and take the practice tests to pinpoint where you need to concentrate your studying. Don't plan on doing much else for the next month.

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Be-Be View Post
    Only one way to find out. In the back of the book it talks about what makes up the tests and what's worth the most points. Skim the book and take the practice tests to pinpoint where you need to concentrate your studying. Don't plan on doing much else for the next month.
    I dont haha. School is almost out and I will have plenty of free time
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups