pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to lift on a cut?...

Maybe a stupid question...but, should I lift heavy and just go to failure when I lift, or go light and do like 4x20????? I want to lose the weight, muscle doesnt matter to me right now. I am taking a weight-lifting class in the fall at school so i get credits to go to the gym so I'm planning on using that to add muscle.

My question is, after the clean diet and cardio....How should I lift to cut the weight? I want to get to at least 180 by school...maybe 175...

BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use good old 3x10's for most everything, sometimes I'll go 12-15. Take no more than 30 seconds between sets to keep your HR up. Nothing too complicated.

ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    really u dont need to change ur lifting based on if ur cutting or bulking. . u still want ur muscles to grow. . the only things that make a cut different is u do more cardio and u diet differently. . the only thing that may help is to take less rest in between sets so u get a little cardio during ur lifting. .do like a circuit training (but this is not necessary if u do cardio after ur workout). ...more reps will not get u cut while less reps get u big that is a myth. . usually between 8-12 reps is good for muscle growth and lower reps are good for building strength. .
    Certified NASM Personal Trainer

Workout Program (P/RR/S):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500) biger_beter is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by pultzb View Post
    Maybe a stupid question...but, should I lift heavy and just go to failure when I lift, or go light and do like 4x20????? I want to lose the weight, muscle doesnt matter to me right now. I am taking a weight-lifting class in the fall at school so i get credits to go to the gym so I'm planning on using that to add muscle.

My question is, after the clean diet and cardio....How should I lift to cut the weight? I want to get to at least 180 by school...maybe 175...
    just lift normaly.
    and no u dont tone by doing higher reps with lower weight. thats just "BS"
    just go at like 10 - 10- 10. or 10 -8 -6. with heavier weight. with a clean diet + calorie deflict, u will get toned
    Last edited by biger_beter; 05-04-2008 at 08:41 PM.

pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pultzb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks guys