Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you off this week or are you not posting workouts??

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hockeychick View Post
    you off this week or are you not posting workouts??
    Since this Log has started last Friday, I've posted 5 or 6 workouts. Yesterday was OFF, since I didn't have any spare time to think about working out, but that has been the only day since this Log started that I've taken off so far...I've also been posting in the other Log... I will post today's as soon as I get done with the Shoulder workout in an hour and change...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Since this Log has started last Friday, I've posted 5 or 6 workouts. Yesterday was OFF, since I didn't have any spare time to think about working out, but that has been the only day since this Log started that I've taken off so far...I've also been posting in the other Log... I will post today's as soon as I get done with the Shoulder workout in an hour and change...
    LOL! I keep forgetting about the time zone difference...

I am getting ready to sleep now..

have a great workout!

EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Start transmission...

Workout 1 of 3: Cardio
    Equipment Used: Trek 7.3FX Road Bike
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load: None
    Test Supplement Used, IWO: Nimbus Swell
    Duration: 40 minutes/7.5 miles
    Driver: None
    Calories: between 504 - 1008 (calculated)

Workout 2 of 3: Cardio
    Equipment Used: Trek 7.3FX Road Bike
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load Xtreme Formulations ICE
    Test Supplement Used, IWO: None
    Duration: 28 minutes/7.5 miles
    Driver: None
    Calories: between 353 - 706 (calculated)

Workout 3 of 3: Shoulders
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load Athletic Edge Steel Edge
    Test Supplement Used, IWO: Athletic Edge IntrAbolic
    Exercises Used:

Cuban Press/Half-Rotations = 3 Warm-up sets
    DB Shoulder Press = 3 Work sets (50sX7, 60s,55sX4)
    Lateral Raise Machine = 3 Work sets (130,120X6, 110X7)
    1-Armed Cable High Rear Delt Rows, per Arm = 3 Work sets (130,135X7, 140X5)
    Reverse Pec Deck = 3 Work sets (120X8, 110,100X10)
    Overhead Cable Crossover = 3 Work sets (70X4, 60X5, 55X6)

Quality Level: Very Good overall. The ride in was crap (rated Good, though). I couldn't get anything going and stopped repeatedly to adjust the bike. I couldn't get comfortable, couldn't get a groove going, had no energy to speak of and was really frustrated overall. It was like I was trying to ride through mud and I spent almost all of it wanting to turn around and go back.The ride back home was 12 minutes faster than the ride in and 2 minutes faster than yesterday (rated Excellent). I did not break yesterday's high speed mark, but I held 17 - 18 pretty easily today, despite being exhausted and despite riding into a wind for much of it. The average of those two rides is Very Good, which was what tonight's Lifting workout also was. I felt pretty weak for most of it, but the numbers are more or less on the mark. I wanted nothing more than to go to sleep for nearly the entire workout, which made things a bit challenging.

Observations From The Deck: Very obviously, despite how tired I am overall (this has been a Hellish week), ICE is performing well in the format it's being used in. The AEN stuff is also performing as consistently as usual. I chose the AEN duo for the Lifting workout tonight for just that reason.

I'm a bit puzzled regarding the Swell. I have no doubt the quality of the components is at a consistent level with other things on the market, but the formulation is not particularly impressive in the context in which I'm using it. Now, given, what I do is more geared towards performance (I will get into this more shortly), my feeling is that the lack of calories in Swell comparatively is impacting things detrimentally. Were I more casually riding the bike, calories would matter much less. I don't know how to even begin to think up a scenario where Swell would be of greater use than IntrAbolic in a Lifting application, other than providing better focus, if that is an issue. My feeling is that Swell is going to work best in a Cardio-type application, but I haven't found the lynchpin yet.

Admittedly, I'm only one week into it and this week in particular has been a very exhausting one and once I recharge this weekend, maybe next week will be different. I'm going to directly compare Swell and Purple Wraath next week in terms of the bike ride to work. Presuming I can ride all 4 possible days next week, I'm going to try Swell in the setting where ICE is right now to see how it responds there. Also, next week and possibly one of the workouts this weekend, I'm going to Pre-Load Swell as running it IWO...there is lots of testing yet to be done on this...

If, however, the conclusion of next week does not see me feeling more positive towards Swell (it has the huge advantage of me being well-saturated with beta-alanine and is a beneficiary of my continued IXL supplementation), then I'm going to try to get the Nimbus reps in here (haven't seen any yet) and see if I can't get some suggestions out of them regarding usage...

Auxiliary Intel: Back to the performance issue (I really need to do a goddamn weigh-in...I have no idea where I'm at and a lot of this calorie calculation is based on my last weigh-in of some time ago...hopefully I can remember this weekend), I will probably make the change this weekend, but today, after riding back and forth to work, I found myself in the position of again having to choose between riding to the gym and doing the Lifting workout. Lifting won, of course, but I did not travel there on the bike, as was my earlier plan. I was simply far too tired (weather was kind of crappy also + I wanted to hear my CD player in the car, which I can't do on the bike).

HC has touched on this, but I am going to need to revise my dietary schedule drastically, I think. This low-carb **** is going to have to be reconsidered. I'm definitely still trying to get to single-digit bf% by my birthday, but high performance in a Cardio application tends to come in the shape of carbs and by running carbs in general that low, I think I'm sacrificing performance. I'm pretty sure that I will be moving carbs to either 200g or less or possibly 250g or less daily. The calorie restriction will either be moved to 3K or dumped entirely, I think.

Cardiovascular conditioning is getting hugely better and I think I nearly have the bike entirely dialed in now (well, until I can beg the race shop to do it for me later). I feel like I need to be able to maintain 20 mph much better before I can start trying to go on rides with the race shop guys (this may change, though), so I have to start focusing on performance more. Even considering my diet, acceleration is picking up a lot better now, but I am by no means right around the corner on where I feel I need to be for me to be competitive.

Tomorrow is OFF.

End Transmission
    Last edited by EMISGOD; 05-08-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Holy calorie burning, Batman!"

... is what Robin would say.

But yes, crazy cardio! ABSSSSSS!!!

P.S. Nimbus reps hate you and this log.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    "Holy calorie burning, Batman!"

... is what Robin would say.

But yes, crazy cardio! ABSSSSSS!!!

P.S. Nimbus reps hate you and this log.
    Ha! I don't think the Nimbus reps hate me or this Log...those caloric numbers are estimates, of course and I would suspect it's more towards the lower end on the ride in and more towards the middle on the way back...

Registered User rubberchicken73's Avatar
    rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry to go off track a bit but how do you use ICE? You mention preload - how many serves and how long before working out? Is this your prefered BCAA product?

In regards to the log- keen to see if you can find an application for Swell. I liked this product but then again I was running it stand alone and I think it was suited to the training I was doing. I think people need to keep in mind that some products will be that more suited to certain types of training than others. It simply may not be a great choice for what you are doing.

I also cannot see how Swell would be better than IntrAbolic for intra workout in regards to weight training. It's just not what I see Swell being best suited to, and as far as I can tell IntrAbolic is leading the field in this category.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken73 View Post
    Sorry to go off track a bit but how do you use ICE? You mention preload - how many serves and how long before working out? Is this your prefered BCAA product?
    4 scoops, about an hour or so before I get ready to start the ride home. In terms of BCAAs, this is probably my favorite. I typically like the EAA drinks better, though...

In regards to the log- keen to see if you can find an application for Swell. I liked this product but then again I was running it stand alone and I think it was suited to the training I was doing. I think people need to keep in mind that some products will be that more suited to certain types of training than others. It simply may not be a great choice for what you are doing.

I also cannot see how Swell would be better than IntrAbolic for intra workout in regards to weight training. It's just not what I see Swell being best suited to, and as far as I can tell IntrAbolic is leading the field in this category.
    I addressed much of this in the Log, starting at the beginning...so much of this entire supplement thing is trial and error and really finding the right combination and often the only way to know is to just try/do it...

Registered User rubberchicken73's Avatar
    rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000) rubberchicken73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply - been looking at ICE and haven't found a lot of feedback on it recently. Also sorry to go over stuff you've already mentioned. I have read you entire log so far, just read so many damn threads recently I'm getting them all mixed up...

HC has touched on this, but I am going to need to revise my dietary schedule drastically, I think. This low-carb **** is going to have to be reconsidered. I'm definitely still trying to get to single-digit bf% by my birthday, but high performance in a Cardio application tends to come in the shape of carbs and by running carbs in general that low, I think I'm sacrificing performance. I'm pretty sure that I will be moving carbs to either 200g or less or possibly 250g or less daily. The calorie restriction will either be moved to 3K or dumped entirely, I think.
    I touch on a lot of things

seriously - low carb is for the freaking birds when you need endurance...I went through this...as much as you or I want to cut some fat...we can't do it by low carbing or falsly obtaining energy by taking stims....YES I SAID FALSLY! while stims help you feel you have the energy for a workout...you need endurance for biking....and like me for hockey (no stim could get me through hockey if I am not eating) - you need carbs. I have found 40 protein/30 carb to be a good spot for me...but on friday's which are hockey nights those percentages are reversed...

that being said I have struggled with my eating these past three weeks...I weighed in and took caliper readings today...I am down 2.2 in fat and up 1.1 in LM - I am very cool with that (even thought that is over 3 weeks) - I am not in a race to get ready for a comp...in fact you will never see me in a comp...not a bodybuilding comp at least...lol - I might be talked into powerlifting someday - I will stick with hockey for now.

if your goal is performance/endurance...you must train that way (which you have covered) and you must eat that way...the body building way of "getting ripped" won't cut it...it will leave you tired and depleted...(especially at my age - and yours as I suspect you are closer to my age then the 20somethings around here)

FOOD is the best supp and the best medicine (excluding motrin lol)

Have a great day off Em and have a great weekend!

you know where to find me
    Last edited by hockeychick; 05-09-2008 at 05:21 AM.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FOOD is the best supp and the best medicine
    You sound like all the newbs on this board.

Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    You sound like all the newbs on this board.
    you know what? I am not a fcking newb - I have been training long enough to not be fooled into thinking there is a magic pill that can replace hard work and good nutrition....for strength and endurance building that is..not necessarily muscle building...sure you can be huge on all kinds of drugs - but you won't have the strength or the endurance to play hockey or race bikes...and that's what we are talking about here.

But if there is a supplement that I am not aware of that actually REPLACES food...by all means, let us know.

BTW I also lost 100 lbs without taking any pills. so STFU and you are lucky I don't neg you for that comment.

that is all.
    Last edited by hockeychick; 05-09-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you know what? I am not a fcking newb - I have been training long enough to not be fooled into thinking there is a magic pill that can replace hard work and good nutrition....for strength and endurance building that is..not necessarily muscle building...sure you can be huge on all kinds of drugs - but you won't have the strength or the endurance to play hockey or race bikes...and that's what we are talking about here.

But if there is a supplement that I am not aware of that actually REPLACES food...by all means, let us know.

BTW I also lost 100 lbs without taking any pills. so STFU and you are lucky I don't neg you for that comment.

that is all.
    Did I call you a noob? No, I didn't, I said you sound like all the noobs. I guess you don't read much, do you?

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just checkin in on the mystery man

Originally Posted by rubberchicken73 View Post
    Thanks for the reply - been looking at ICE and haven't found a lot of feedback on it recently. Also sorry to go over stuff you've already mentioned. I have read you entire log so far, just read so many damn threads recently I'm getting them all mixed up...
    No problem. Always happy to help.

I touch on a lot of things
    Heh heh...o'rly?

seriously - low carb is for the freaking birds when you need endurance...I went through this...as much as you or I want to cut some fat...we can't do it by low carbing or falsly obtaining energy by taking stims....YES I SAID FALSLY! while stims help you feel you have the energy for a workout...you need endurance for biking....and like me for hockey (no stim could get me through hockey if I am not eating) - you need carbs. I have found 40 protein/30 carb to be a good spot for me...but on friday's which are hockey nights those percentages are reversed...
    Well, you need a steady stream of "fast" calories, which is what carbs are best at...I have not found stims to be of much use in terms of duration energy, though if they do, it will come at a cost. I don't know that extra energy via stims translates into fat loss and rather doubt that it does...endurance overall is not the issue as much as maintaining a high performance level. I can always gut it out, but I want to raise the overall performance average and I think that would be accomplished much faster with a dietary shift. I will say though that beta alanine has continued to impress me as regards endurance and I think anyone not taking it is seriously missing out, if that aspect appeals to them at all...

that being said I have struggled with my eating these past three weeks...I weighed in and took caliper readings today...I am down 2.2 in fat and up 1.1 in LM - I am very cool with that (even thought that is over 3 weeks) - I am not in a race to get ready for a comp...in fact you will never see me in a comp...not a bodybuilding comp at least...lol - I might be talked into powerlifting someday - I will stick with hockey for now.

if your goal is performance/endurance...you must train that way (which you have covered) and you must eat that way...the body building way of "getting ripped" won't cut it...it will leave you tired and depleted...(especially at my age - and yours as I suspect you are closer to my age then the 20somethings around here)
    Shhhh... my age is a secret or WBL will find out.

I am finding my crappy sleep was much more detrimental than any other single factor this week. I am hoping for a non-repeat next week.

Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    Just checkin in on the mystery man
    Watching the bizarre and confusing battle in my Log...you?

Well, you need a steady stream of "fast" calories, which is what carbs are best at...I have not found stims to be of much use in terms of duration energy, though if they do, it will come at a cost. I don't know that extra energy via stims translates into fat loss and rather doubt that it does...endurance overall is not the issue as much as maintaining a high performance level. I can always gut it out, but I want to raise the overall performance average and I think that would be accomplished much faster with a dietary shift. I will say though that beta alanine has continued to impress me as regards endurance and I think anyone not taking it is seriously missing out, if that aspect appeals to them at all...
    Good morning Em - it is sunny and on it's way up to 70 today so it will be glorious! I hope you have a good one on deck as well...hope you have nice weather for riding.

My muscle endurance in last night's game was remarkable to say the least (all noted in my log so I will spare the detail here) I am quite pleased with Tim's VO2 - but like every supplement it's hard to tell if it's the supp or my training (since I changed it) - prolly a combo of both.

I re-org my gym this morning (which means clean up the basement and make room for my new power rack that I must assemble) - then DE Squat and some sled draggin.

oh I got hit with the puck last night in the shin - just below my damn pad which is an inch too small...luckily only a hard wrister, a slapshot would easily have broken my tibia...I will be buying new shin pads this week.

have a beautiful day!

Good morning Em - it is sunny and on it's way up to 70 today so it will be glorious! I hope you have a good one on deck as well...hope you have nice weather for riding.

My muscle endurance in last night's game was remarkable to say the least (all noted in my log so I will spare the detail here) I am quite pleased with Tim's VO2 - but like every supplement it's hard to tell if it's the supp or my training (since I changed it) - prolly a combo of both.
    Yah...I checked your Log...looks like it's working well for you. Not sure if I'm riding or not...have a Leg workout for sure and then maybe I'll see after that. I'm still trying to catch up on rest from the week...it is very nice here, though.

I re-org my gym this morning (which means clean up the basement and make room for my new power rack that I must assemble) - then DE Squat and some sled draggin.

oh I got hit with the puck last night in the shin - just below my damn pad which is an inch too small...luckily only a hard wrister, a slapshot would easily have broken my tibia...I will be buying new shin pads this week.

have a beautiful day!
    Yah, I saw that also...definitely want to get the padding squared away, no question...broken bones make training very difficult and are most uncomfortable...

Have a great day yourself.

Start Transmission

Workout: Legs
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load: ErgoPharm ClearShot
    Test Supplement Used: Nimbus Swell
    Exercises Used:

BB Squats = 2 Warm-up sets {Aborted}
    Inverted Leg Press = 1 Work set (395X6) {Aborted}
    Hack Squats = 1 Work set (180X5) {Aborted}
    Seated Calf Raises = 5 Work sets (225X10, 240X10X4)
    Standing Calf Raises = 5 Work sets (270X10, 285X10X4)
    Hamstring Hypers = 4 Work sets (85X8)
    Good Mornings = 1 Work set (85X5) {Aborted}

Quality Level: Good. Despite my Right Knee deciding it would rather not participate in the workout today (all those {Aborted}s were because of this) or walking in general, I was still able to move the weight up on Calves and hit Hamstrings at least decently. The Right Knee was not taking any weight on it today and I'm at a complete loss as to any specific reason, aside from an incoming change in the weather or something. I added Labrada's noxious-tasting Elasti-Joint today and am hopeful I will not have to stay on it beyond the usual 2 or 3 days. This obviously makes trying to ride into the gym tomorrow in question.

Observations From The Deck: I have no real comment on Swell today. Obviously, there was not really enough of a workout to push anything I was taking and the ClearShot/Swell conjunction again resulted in very noticeable focus. Tomorrow, I will use Swell in a preworkout and IWO format...

From now on, I'm also going to add Forearms + Abs to Thursday's workouts.

Auxiliary Intel: Weigh-in was 210 today, probably due to the bloating I'm experiencing at present. Last night, I ran out of basmati/jasmine rice and tried to sub in wild rice. Using the typical cooking method did not seem to work wonders and the rice was a bit chewy and I'm suspecting this is contributing to me holding water.

I also have a new pic up in my BodySpace if anyone's interested. It's in stunning black and white again, but hopefully that won't detract from your viewing enjoyment.

End Transmission

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start Transmission

Workout: Legs
    I'm doing legs too

Start Transmission

BB Squats = 2 Warm-up sets {Aborted}
    Inverted Leg Press = 1 Work set (395X6) {Aborted}
    Hack Squats = 1 Work set (180X5) {Aborted}
    Seated Calf Raises = 5 Work sets (225X10, 240X10X4)
    Standing Calf Raises = 5 Work sets (270X10, 285X10X4)
    Hamstring Hypers = 4 Work sets (85X8)
    Good Mornings = 1 Work set (85X5) {Aborted}

Quality Level: Good. Despite my Right Knee deciding it would rather not participate in the workout today (all those {Aborted}s were because of this) or walking in general, I was still able to move the weight up on Calves and hit Hamstrings at least decently. The Right Knee was not taking any weight on it today and I'm at a complete loss as to any specific reason, aside from an incoming change in the weather or something. I added Labrada's noxious-tasting Elasti-Joint today and am hopeful I will not have to stay on it beyond the usual 2 or 3 days. This obviously makes trying to ride into the gym tomorrow in question.
    Sorry your knee gave up on ya...I had trouble with mine and spent 4 weeks strengthing my hamstrings and it helped a lot! (something about the hams stablizing the knee ligaments)

good workout otherwise - execpt why the abort on the GMs?? they have become my favorite exercise lately

dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dark_man812 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sup, EM? Great log as usual, full of details. The only difference is the smidgen of drama that got squashed before it even happened. I'm interested to see how this compares to IntraXcell...but hell, your body has a strange way of responding to certain products compared to us mere mortals.

BTW, how's the knee?
    "Giving life support to those who overdosed on an underdose of reality."--DarkPoet

First Order Log and Workout Program:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108602131

Gaspari Thyrotabs Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107877761

Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAstack log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7399561

I'm doing legs too
    Hope yours goes better than mine did...

From now on, I'm also going to add Forearms + Abs to Thursday's workouts.
    Good choice! I quit doing concentrated wrist curls and go only for CoC grippers; I'm up to three workouts a week

Hope yours goes better than mine did...
    Weird my right knee also is kinda bothering me, i think it's from all the running and cardio stuff.. stupid body trying to sabatoge me so i can't workout..ha, little does it know that I dont care if it hurts

Mine was pretty darn good, could have been better: I usually train earlier in the day but Jason sent my workout later which isn't a big deal, I just wasn't quite in the zone like usual but did a great job still

Good choice! I quit doing concentrated wrist curls and go only for CoC grippers; I'm up to three workouts a week

Hey look it's burger boi ..3 workotus a week? that's it??... I do 6 weight days

Sorry your knee gave up on ya...I had trouble with mine and spent 4 weeks strengthing my hamstrings and it helped a lot! (something about the hams stablizing the knee ligaments)

good workout otherwise - execpt why the abort on the GMs?? they have become my favorite exercise lately
    It is the actual joint itself, not the accompanying tissue. It has gone in and out for years, sometime Right, sometimes Left, very rarely both. I aborted the GMs because the simple walk back from the pegs on the Squat rack to where I did the exercise and forward again to re-rack the bar was agony on that knee.

Originally Posted by dark_man812 View Post
    Sup, EM? Great log as usual, full of details. The only difference is the smidgen of drama that got squashed before it even happened. I'm interested to see how this compares to IntraXcell...but hell, your body has a strange way of responding to certain products compared to us mere mortals.

BTW, how's the knee?
    This does not compare at all to IXL, in my view. It would compare more to Purple Wraath, ICE, ABC, Body Octane, etc. So far, it provides better focus than any of those mentioned, but the lack of caloric value comparatively is working against it in an IWO setting...

I will probably be doing Wrist Curls, forward and reverse, Cross Hammers and BB Rolls...the usual ****. I have one of those gripper things somewhere (bought it years ago to help with my guitar playing), but never used it much and have no idea where it is now...

Weird my right knee also is kinda bothering me, i think it's from all the running and cardio stuff.. stupid body trying to sabatoge me so i can't workout..ha, little does it know that I dont care if it hurts
    OMG, it must be kismet.

Mine was pretty darn good, could have been better: I usually train earlier in the day but Jason sent my workout later which isn't a big deal, I just wasn't quite in the zone like usual but did a great job still
    I'll have to go over and check it out. I usually would have gone in earlier as well (I try to hit around noon-ish on weekends), but I slept in this morning and apparently am going to spend today resting (just got done watching the latest Bourne movie). Tomorrow is on pace to be pretty busy, though, so I guess that will make up for it. Hopefully, I can ride the damn bike into the gym, though that is highly debatable at this point...

Start Transmission

Workout: Chest/Arms
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load: Nimbus Swell
    Test Supplement Used, IWO: Nimbus Swell
    Exercises Used:

BB Flat Press = 3 Warm-up sets
    Vertical Press Machine = 3 Work sets (185X3, 170X6, 155X8)
    Dips = 2 Work sets (BWX5,3)
    Hammer Decline Bench Machine, Wide-Grip = 4 Work sets (190X6X4)
    Hammer Super Incline = 4 Work sets (150,140X4, 120X6, 110X8)
    Overhead Cable Tricep Extensions = 4 Work sets (145X4,3, 130X5, 120X6) supersetted with
    Close-Grip Cable Curls = 4 Work sets (160X4, 145X5, 130X6, 120X8)
    Push-Downs = 1 Work set (115X10) supersetted with
    Close-Grip Cable Curls = 1 Work set (115X10)

Quality Level: Good. Chest and Arms got worked well, but strength was just not there for the most part. Everything felt heavy, including the warm-up sets. I also had no real energy to speak of. One of the more irritating workouts I've had in quite some time, definitely the worst of this year.

Observations From The Deck: I think today's performance in the gym put to rest any ideas of me using Swell as a pre-workout supplement. One thing of note...the way I took it was to have a protein shake, usually with IXL, then about 30 - 45 minutes later, take the Swell. This morning, I had some of my multis with the shake. The Swell triggered some slight abdominal cramping, which then slid into hardcore beta-alanine tingles to the point where it was uncomfortable. Fortunately, that did not last long, but as I've used Swell in a similar format (minus the multis) on the bike ride on the way to work and didn't encounter that, my thought is that Swell and the multi must have interacted negatively.

I also find myself rapidly tiring of the taste of Swell.

Auxiliary Intel: I didn't have my usual PWO shake yesterday, due to what I felt was a "light" workout. Consequently, my Calves and Right Knee are taking turns taxing my patience. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about the bike. Tomorrow, in fact, will probably be an OFF day, so I can go do laundry...

End Transmission

Hey look it's burger boi ..3 workotus a week? that's it??... I do 6 weight days
    I'm talking about forearm training, not full body training; there I'm in the gym seven days a week.

I will probably be doing Wrist Curls, forward and reverse, Cross Hammers and BB Rolls...the usual ****. I have one of those gripper things somewhere (bought it years ago to help with my guitar playing), but never used it much and have no idea where it is now...
    It was a CoC gripper or some ****ty **** you buy at wally world or target or something? As for wrist curls, I love doing the conc. wrist curls like doing conc. bi curl but at the wrist instead.

Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How the hell did I miss this, someone shoot a brother a PM.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post
    How the hell did I miss this, someone shoot a brother a PM.
    gotta open your EYES first

Em darling how are we doing... How's that out of commision wheel of yours??

Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am going to address some of your questions that you have posed in your log. As far as the taste is concerned Swell used to be unflavored and I know Colden debated keeping it that way as he intended Swell to be added to other products/substances without interfering with their flavor. Kind of an all purpose Additional product. I believe when he did decide to flavor it, he kept it a light citrus type of flavor so as to not interfere is people wished to add it to other supplements/drinks juices.

Dosing - I always use 3 scoops and use it once a day pre/intraworkout.

Misc Problems - I think Swell was intended to be a supplemental product and not as much as a complete stand alone product. I usually mix my Swell with Gatorade powder and creatine and drink pre/peri workout and I think this is when Swell performs the best. I think the usage instructions should possibly be included or at least expanded on.

Note - I have found Swell/Size On to be one of the best damn combos I have ever used.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com