IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IRONWORK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

about to take my issa test

first off its great to see a section devoted to this trade. ive been skimming through all the threads and it seems that you guys are open and support each other 100%. i am leaveing a construction job and becomeing a personal trainer i am in the nyc surrounding area and am wondering the ins and outs. any help thanks in advance.
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!!!! LOL@U

giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10) giannos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Iron, what are you doing posting here ? lol j/k... I am also taking some certs and going through a canadian cert first but ISSA has always been on my mind as well.. I have had corespondence with ISSA and I think this email response I got might help some Folks out...

" The difference between these certs lies in the focus of the particular organizations themselves. For example, ACE(American Council on Exercise) is an excellent organization specializing in aerobic conditioning and cardiovascular training. While their program covers scientific material that is highly detailed and accurate, ACE's programs don't apply the sciences to the practical, real world needs of fitness professionals. As for NASM, also an excellent organization, they were founded by a physical therapist(by trade) who focuses on rehab concepts. ISSA specializes in practical personal training techniques and athletic performance. Which one are you more interested in? Lastly, the NSCA(National Strength Conditioning Association) is geared toward those interested in becoming a college or professional strength coach for sports teams. Very theoretical and based heavily on strength and conditioning, the material is geared toward a much smaller population. Most personal trainers deal with the general population, such as business owners and stay at home moms, in a fitness center type of environment versus athletes who require a different type of training. ISSA has been around for twenty years, with over 100,000 certified trainers worldwide since 1988. We are the official certifying agency for both the IFBB(International Federation of Bodybuilding) and the NPC(National Physique Committee). We are accepted by practically every major gym/fitness facility in the entire world. Triple A rating from the Better Business Bureau. Extensive ongoing support always available to our trainers is NOT offered by the others you mentioned. Business aspects covered in our course material set our students up for the money making side of personal training, which is also unique to the ISSA. I could go on and on here .... "

Now obviously there is a bit of a sales pitch in there, but for the most part sounds true from what I have read... He also told me he carries 3 certs himself.. ISSA, NASM, and NCSA...

Hope that helps out

FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FreddyKrueger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats some great info there.

Thanks. I've been looking into ISSA myself.
    I learn 24/7. I don't pretend to know everything, and I LOVE lifting weights.

ISSA certified
    NASM- in progress
    ACE in progress

Why lie, I wanna look like Arnold in his prime.