Raar!!! Lift heavier!!! FeralGoth's Avatar
    FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Anyone else studying for the ACE cert?

I'm currently smack dab in the middle of the big book - just seeing who else is out there too!
    GiryaGirl.com Kettlebell Training for Women

STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck on your test! I just completed mine a few months ago.

FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50) FeralGoth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How was it?

I still have quite a bit of studying to go, but how did you feel about the test when you took it?

STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50) STLJRBLUES will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm an exercise science major and I have been working in fitness since I was 18...so about 4 years. I crammed for 3 weeks and then passed the test. They ask some crazy questions but if you read the book and take notes and then review it a day or two before you go in there you should be well prepared. I missed a lot of points on the application or simulation section. Be sure to go to the ACE website if you are taking it online and learn what they are asking for. I'm pretty sure there is a powerpoint simulation that I found to be extremely helpful.

Ok cool...

Heeh, my BA is computer science, so I don't have the background you do - so I'm seeing a lot of this (anatomy etc.) for the first time... and taking a lot of time with it as you may expect. I think I may have found the case study simulation on the ACE site - and surpisingly did very well on it... I wish they had about a dozen of them!

lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Make sure you study alot of the legality issues in the book and how to evaluate a client before you train them. My degree got me through the rest of the test with ease but most of the legal issues were somewhat new and there were plently of questions on that topic.

Good luck studying.

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'm studying for it right now. just started sadly though.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

:)

Originally Posted by DieHollywoodDie View Post
    i'm studying for it right now. just started sadly though.
    You made the effort to start so kudos there! Its not bad once you get the ball rolling - the first 4 chapters are SUPER dense with info -
    Last edited by FeralGoth; 05-02-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: grammar...

DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FeralGoth View Post
    You made the effort to start so kudos there! Its not bad once you get the ball rolling - the first 4 chapters are SUPER dense with info -
    yeah and its not bad. i got a 5 on the bio ap in highschool so i know all the anatomy and ive read so much that it shouldnt be tooooo hard.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

wow...

you're starting off better than I did then - I haven't had to seriously think about human anatomy since... 10th grade - which is longer ago than I care to think about. Since then its been all chemistry, physics, computer science - so I'm having to learn or re-learn a lot of the anatomy and hard science parts of it, but thats ok, because I like that stuff too!

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My weak point was evaluation. I got nervous and recommended everyone go see a doctor before exercising. Which is funny because in real life I hardly ever do that.

But it's a great test and great training. I got two other certs before that and they were basically a matter of memorizing the muscles and some exercises. I felt the ACE test really helped me in looking at the big picture.

And I went on to get the ACE Lifestyles and Weight Management cert.

ok, cool!

I saw your post in another thread - good to hear I'm working towards something nice Sometimes there seems to be an endless stream of info! As for the evaluations, I've been practicing those on some of my friends and made up "clients" hopefully that will help some!

guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey I'm studying too. I haven't made it past the third chapter however, as I keep reviewing and refocusing on all thhe anatomy/[hysiology/kinesiology. I really want to make sure that stuff is solid before moving on. Oh, and i'm with you on the background. I have a BM and an MM in music.

First 4 chapters....

Originally Posted by guitarua View Post
    Hey I'm studying too. I haven't made it past the third chapter however, as I keep reviewing and refocusing on all thhe anatomy/[hysiology/kinesiology. I really want to make sure that stuff is solid before moving on. Oh, and i'm with you on the background. I have a BM and an MM in music.
    I called the ACE hotline a little while back because I got bogged down in the first 4 chapters, same problem as you, the non-exercise-science-background. The nice person on the phone suggested to keep going, but review a portion of the body along with each new chapter - to break it up as you go along, and then after a few more chapters, re-read the first 4 as a lot of the info there comes together later in the book

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would suggest moving on. Refer to it or come back to it as you progress through the book and it will make more sense.

guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50) guitarua will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice. I think I kind of knew that in the back of my mind, but its been so long since I actually went through the studying process that I didn't even think about it.

mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50) mumsie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I am a little over half way too!

It's a lot of info eh? Geez, I gave up for a few months after making it through the first 4 chapters, I thought I couldn't do it. Then picked it back up and was like "wow, MUCH easier, maybe I can do this". Email me if you want to study together or whatever! babiegirlinco@aol.com Good luck!

pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmiZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

So far so good!

I just finished chapter one!!! I've a PT for about 10 years, but never got certified. Now I have a really good client base, so i've decided to open a personal training business. That's why I'm getting certified. If anyone wants to study online together or share studying tips, i'm interested.

I remember when I went in to take the test. My book was all highlighted up, the spine cracked and some of the pages were even on the verge of falling out. So there I am, trying to cram in a few final facts when another girl came in and opened her book to page 1. Her book looked pristine - no marks at all. I think I could even smell the new book smell. I often wonder if she passed or not.

PM me if anyone is interested in studying together for the ACE
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

Cool!

I'd love to participate in an online study group - how would we do that? I'm leaving for Germany (tomorrow morning) for 10 days, but after that its right back to the book!