Registered User christopher.victoria's Avatar
    christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cottage cheese before bed while trying to lose weight

I am a Marine currently deployed to iraq and I am training twice a day. My
    main goal is weight loss but would like to build and tone my muscles a little at the same time. I hit the weights in the morning and do cardio in
    the evening. 3 days on 1 day off. My weight lifting is 4 sets per excersice in the 12-15 rep range. I wake up at 6:30 have 1 scoop protein, hit
    the gym by 7:00 have another protein shake after my workout around 8:15 along with a box of
    grapefruit juice. 10:30 I have 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice of whole
    grain bread with natural peanut butter and raisins. 1:00 I have lunch which
    normally consist of mixed vegetables and a chicken breast, or 5 slices of
    turkey lunch meat, depends on what the chow hall is serving. 3:30 I have 1
    scoops of protein. 5:30-6:00 I have dinner which consists of the same thing
    lunch did. Then around 8:30 I hit the treadmill for 20-25 minutes and do abs
    and pushups every other day. My big problem and my question is will I be
    killin my cardio if I have cottage cheese right before I go to bed. I usually
    lay down about 10:30 and by then im starving. I know you shouldn't
    eat before you go to bed, but then if your trying to build muscle you should
    have a slow digesting protein before bed. I would love to be able to build a
    little muscle while sliming down, I don't expect to get big just want to tone
    but I feel like when I go to sleep starving im killing any possilbe muscle
    growth. Then again if I eat before I go to bed I feel like im killing the
    cardio I just did and I really want to get rid of the layer of fat surrounding
    my lower abdominal area so I really don't know. Would cottage cheese before i go to bed hurt me or help me? Please help!

Supplements im taking:
    Optimum Gold standard whey
    Optimum super multi vitamin
    Nutrex Anabol 5
    Nutrex Lipo 6x
    Nutrex Ignite
    Gallon and 1/2 water per day.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by christopher.victoria View Post
    I am a Marine currently deployed to iraq and I am training twice a day. My
    main goal is weight loss but would like to build and tone my muscles a little at the same time. I hit the weights in the morning and do cardio in
    the evening. 3 days on 1 day off. My weight lifting is 4 sets per excersice in the 12-15 rep range maybe for gaining muscle focus on lower reps and going heavier instead of trying to tone . I wake up at 6:30 have 1 scoop protein add some carbs before you hit the gym like some fruit or throw some oats into a blender if you have one , hit
    the gym by 7:00 have another protein shake after my workout again get some carbs int his protein shake afterwards around 8:15 along with a box of
    grapefruit juice drop the jucie and have some fruit or have some bead with some jam or some kind of other carb source like cereal, oats, potatoes,rice whatever you have access to . 10:30 I have 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice of whole
    grain bread with natural peanut butter and raisins drop the raisins and eat your whole eggs . 1:00 I have lunch which
    normally consist of mixed vegetables and a chicken breast, or 5 slices of
    turkey lunch meat, depends on what the chow hall is serving thats fine . 3:30 I have 1 try to make this a better meal consiting of more then just a shake, add some natural peanut butter to it
    scoops of protein. 5:30-6:00 I have dinner which consists of the same thing
    lunch did. Then around 8:30 I hit the treadmill for 20-25 minutes and do abs
    and pushups every other day. doing this will prohibit your body from rest and there is no point in doing abs so often same with pushups if your trying to let your muscles grow and you just keep pounding them your going to fatigue them and prohibit them growth, keep abs to 2-3 times a week weighted and aim for lower reps with about 3-4 sets
    My big problem and my question is will I be
    killin my cardio if I have cottage cheese right before I go to bed. I usually
    lay down about 10:30 and by then im starving. I know you shouldn't
    eat before you go to bed, Totally Wrong but then if your trying to build muscle you should
    have a slow digesting protein before bed. not 100% true I would love to be able to build a
    little muscle while sliming down, I don't expect to get big just want to tone
    but I feel like when I go to sleep starving then this is a problem your not eating enough if your starving before bed im killing any possilbe muscle
    growth. Then again if I eat before I go to bed I feel like im killing the
    cardio I just did and I really want to get rid of the layer of fat surrounding
    my lower abdominal area thats called an eating disorder if you think you have to do cardio so you can eat something before bed so I really don't know. Would cottage cheese before i go to bed hurt me or help me? Please help!

Thank you for any advice you can give.
    Its fine before bed, and by the soudns of STARVING before your going to be shows your not eating enugh in the day, your before and after meals aroud your workout are very weak and should be your biggest meals beacuse this is the most optimal time for intake of foods to replenish the body.

You need to get more cabrs before and after the gym, and adding fat to those meals is up to you , it will help control insulin better and keep you lean if you play it all out right.

Your meals throughout the day are ok, but maybe trying to lose weight taper down the carbs after your workout and have a little less in each meal, and before bed just cottage cheese and a healthy fat would be fine

christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really appreciate the advice, only thing is i dont do my cardio so i can eat at night i do it so i can burn calories to trim down. I would love to switch it up and do cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening but at night the gym is to full of people and most of my time would be spent waiting for weights and machines. Also, I used to be really into weight training a couple years ago and did the heavier weights less reps routine and my body did not respond to it, my diet was followed to a T and i was getting 1 1/2 gm proteing per lb of body weight and my carbs were about 2gms per lb of body weight and still i could not make gains. Recently i read an article in FLEX that said that there are some people who do not respond to this form of training, in the last 2 months i have been using the 12-15 rep range routine and have actually been making progress. Like i said im not looking to get big just want to tone as i fight for this six pack that has been eluding me for years Thank you though for the advice as i will switch my diet as much as i can but i still want to keep the carbs and calories low.

sure keep the carbs low but dont be negating healthy fats in your diet, and having protein to a lil over 1g/lb is perfectly fine, but i still think your diet needs more healthy fat, this will help in cutting and regular hormones and brain function, adding more olive oil, almonds/nuts, and natural peanut butter is a start, if you can get your hands on whole eggs or lean beef there is even a better thing to look forward to.

Sounds good, i was planning on replaceing 1 1/2 bananas with the after workout shake instead of the grapefruit juice. I dont have access to olive oil but i can get green olives so i can add those to my lunch and dinner and add a serving of the natural peanut butter with my mid afternoon shake, so after that will the cottage cheese at the end of the night keep my metabolism going while i sleep or will the calories my body burns while sleeping come from fat or will it be the calories that i just had from the cottage cheese?

Originally Posted by christopher.victoria View Post
    Sounds good, i was planning on replaceing 1 1/2 bananas with the after workout shake instead of the grapefruit juice. I dont have access to olive oil but i can get green olives so i can add those to my lunch and dinner and add a serving of the natural peanut butter with my mid afternoon shake, so after that will the cottage cheese at the end of the night keep my metabolism going while i sleep or will the calories my body burns while sleeping come from fat or will it be the calories that i just had from the cottage cheese?
    dont stress over this informatoin, if you know what your maintaince calories is, and you know your getting enough food and not TOO LITTLE then you wont lose weight and keep a balanced weight and tone up with a clean diet that is on T, which looks pretty decent above.

Try not to fall into a caloric defecit or else your going to be doing urself harm.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your a marine worried about losing weight? You should be worried about coming out alive with your balls intact kid. seriously

My main goal is the initial look on my fiance's face when i come home looking toned and cut (thats my goal). This is my third tour to Iraq and though the whole area is dangerous i dont dwell on what could happen otherwise it would be a long 7 months living in fear everyday. I live my life to the fullest while im out here and since i find some time on my hands i figure i mise well use it for the good of my body.