Deadlifts make you grow mrgeecue's Avatar
    mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrgeecue has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

how to get ur clients to resign

what kinds of things, keywords, phrases do you say that lead up to make your client resign? or do you just flat out say "you need more sessions. did u bring ur credit card?"

give me examples of what kind of client u have, what kind of work u did with them, their progress and how u got them to resign. what u said specifically would help.

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    heres whasay the bought a paclkage of 12
    when they have 2 sessions left , i just say " just to let you know you have 2 more sessions left on your package , so think about what you want to do as far as how often do you want to be training with me"

then the last session i generally say " so today was our last session , do you want to go with the same package you got before "
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDHAWKS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depending on how many sessions the client has left, I ask them how much they have budgeted out in order to continue to receive maximum results.
    TD

VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10) VVSKing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not a trainer, but I am in sales....Always assume the sale...make it seem like that is the only option that makes sense. Now I don't mean bully them into it, but you need to act non chalant like why would they not re sign with you, there's no reason, you know?
    Little money never told big money what to do.

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    results will usually be the best motivating factor to re-sign.

WNBF Pro Bodybuilder NextProtege's Avatar
    NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextProtege is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Aries View Post
    results will usually be the best motivating factor to re-sign.
    Almost. Establishing yourself as a friend and ally is usually the best bet in re-signing. Even if a client sees results, they may find that working with you was unfriendly or even difficult. If they are comfortable, relaxed, and having fun you will have them re-sign even without many results found. This is the type of client-trainer relationship you should be after with every client.
    US Marine 0311 Combat Vet
    Owner - Genuine Fitness LLC
    ACSM/ISSA Personal Trainer
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder

Follow my log to a natural pro card in 2014
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158337103

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't give them the chance to say no, as someone said.

"Oh, today was the last session of this package. I'll see you at 9:30 Tu/Th next week"

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not a PT, but I find this forum interesting to read as I want to get my NSCA CSCS and PT certs.

As a client I would be pissed at a trainer who said "oh, this is the last session of the package." I mean, I'd be keeping track of these things anyhow, but that's pretty lame to pull.

As Next Protege and Mr. Aries said, results and a good trainer/client connection would be absolutely key in re-signing. I've probably taken private music lessons from 5-6 different teachers, the guys I stayed with were the ones I got the most results from and had the best connection with.

Especially with those new to working out and who may be very self concious, a comfortable atmosphere is paramount.
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

The accidental bulker : ( Bodysteele's Avatar
    Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by VVSKing View Post
    Not a trainer, but I am in sales....Always assume the sale...make it seem like that is the only option that makes sense. Now I don't mean bully them into it, but you need to act non chalant like why would they not re sign with you, there's no reason, you know?
    Best advice in the thread from a sales POV.

The sad fact is it works....ask anyone in sales, people respond to it and find it difficult to break the sense of inevitability.

NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Govithoy View Post
    As a client I would be pissed at a trainer who said "oh, this is the last session of the package." I mean, I'd be keeping track of these things anyhow, but that's pretty lame to pull.
    You aren't a PT, and you're saying it would be lame to pull? And you'd be pissed at me for saying that?

I'd say 90% of my clients have been with me for over a year. The others aren't going anywhere anytime soon. So why should me bringing it up that it's the last session piss anyone off?

Some clients want to lose the weight and that's it. I've helped people like 20 lbs in 6 weeks, and they are still 40 lbs off of where they shoudl be. but they stop training...and come back in a month (10 lbs heavier)

Some people you know are only it in for the 10 pack and they are done (once you "show them how to do it"

Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not sure how many of you guys above work for yourselves, but since I've gone independent, I've never had to ask for resign. They usually ask me towards the end how many sessions left, or I just tell them on the last day and they just bring a check on the next day. When I was working for a franchise, it seemed like a big deal cause of quotas and what not, but being independent, I don't even think about it.
    One rep, one set, one meal...one day at a time. You build a fortress brick by brick.

VR-4 Crew

Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dan0_123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You title says resign.... as it quit. I was wondering what you were talking about. Thought you must have had a really bad client or a really smelly one!

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NDame616 View Post
    You aren't a PT, and you're saying it would be lame to pull? And you'd be pissed at me for saying that?
    Yeah, I think it is lame. I'm not a PT, I'm speaking from the perspective of a possible client. I think it's very lame -- when I encounter a trainer, I don't want to feel like he or she is just looking at a possible client that will re-sign over and over, but someone who listens specifically to me and isn't going to call me "Josh," "Brian," etc. every week because they have no idea who I am as soon as I leave the room.

It's the difference in the attitude you find between fast food versus a nice restaurant. In fast food they don't really care what you want, they just try to upsize the sale. At a nice restaurant, you get specifically what you want, because they take the time to listen to you.

However, like I said, I'm not a trainer. I don't know the difficulties of the profession or how hard it can be to retain clients, but the fact of the matter is the way you present yourself is critical, and to me, that method just tells me you and I are not meant to enter any sort of business transaction.

The "oh, this is the last session" thing = pressure to sign back up. The fact of the matter is that people's schedules change, their financial status may be different, etc. and unless they're keeping track of it themselves this is probably going to be a bit of a surprise. This probably isn't an issue for a lot of people, I would probably find myself a bit standoffish if this happened.

Then again, I've always had a wary prejudice about trainers to be honest. A swiss ball beat me up when I was 3 1/2 and I've never been able to look at one the same way since.
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

Originally Posted by Govithoy View Post
    Yeah, I think it is lame. I'm not a PT, I'm speaking from the perspective of a possible client. I think it's very lame -- when I encounter a trainer, I don't want to feel like he or she is just looking at a possible client that will re-sign over and over, but someone who listens specifically to me and isn't going to call me "Josh," "Brian," etc. every week because they have no idea who I am as soon as I leave the room.

It's the difference in the attitude you find between fast food versus a nice restaurant. In fast food they don't really care what you want, they just try to upsize the sale. At a nice restaurant, you get specifically what you want, because they take the time to listen to you.

However, like I said, I'm not a trainer. I don't know the difficulties of the profession or how hard it can be to retain clients, but the fact of the matter is the way you present yourself is critical, and to me, that method just tells me you and I are not meant to enter any sort of business transaction.

The "oh, this is the last session" thing = pressure to sign back up. The fact of the matter is that people's schedules change, their financial status may be different, etc. and unless they're keeping track of it themselves this is probably going to be a bit of a surprise. This probably isn't an issue for a lot of people, I would probably find myself a bit standoffish if this happened.

Then again, I've always had a wary prejudice about trainers to be honest. A swiss ball beat me up when I was 3 1/2 and I've never been able to look at one the same way since.
    Now you're looking at if from a possible client? Or a client? They are tweo totally different people. And I don't beat around the bush when their session is up. It's sales 101. I assume they will be coming back. I just let them know their sessions are up and they owe me more money. There's no pressure to sign up again. but smoe clients make it known that they just want to learn some exercises and have a program designed for them. However, I always assume my clients will be with me for years...and so far, most of them have been with me for over a year. When their 20 pack is up (more or less all I'll do now...) I just say "your sessions are up so just bring your credit card on Tuesday, or we can deal with it now" I assume they will continue. I've trained them 20+ times at this point. I know their kids names, their husbands names, their lovers names, their dogs names. I'm not a car salesman. I'm a friend.

These are clients who pay for a service. Like you pay a dentist to get your teeth cleaned, like you pay a lawyer to get out of a DUI. They are paying me to be healthy. If you hired a lawyer and gave him $1500 to see yoru case through, after 6 months the case wasn't done and he needed more money and said "I've been billed for X ammount of hours and we still haven't finished the case, I need more money to continue" would that be dick?

Lawyers are paid to represent you in court.
    Dentists are paid to clean/fix your teeth.
    I'm paid to help you lose weight.