LQPrimeTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is a safe downtime inbetween a workout

I posted this before but never got an answer. I was going to work a different body part each day for 6 days a week, but if i want to focus more on say abs and arms how many days off do i need to let them grow before working out again.

FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000) FullOut19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on the volume you are using....

frequency is better for most people rather than hitting a muscle group once per week. That is why you see so many people train in a FB or upper/lower split which allows them to hit a muscle group around every 3 days.... However bodypart splits do work for a majority of people as well its all about your preference and how your body responds to different ways of training.

If your looking for more advice on a routine you need to post stats, lifts, experience, etc...
    Winners Make Things Happen, Losers Let Things Happen...

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=JUrb15

Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jesse12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do abs every day before cardio, and I train arms twice a week. My current workout program looks like this:
    Mon: chest/back
    Tues: arms/shoulders/calves
    Wed: quads/hams
    Thurs: chest/back
    Fri: arms/shpulders/calves
    Sat: quads/hams
    Sun: off
    I've had good results following this program for six weeks.

Thanks for responding guys, my stats btw im 5'7'' 200lbs im really over weight and basicly looking to get cut, but i do want to bulk my arms up a bit and get abs.
    This is why i was thinking of working those more then once a week. I read an article on the site with someone asking "how to look like brad pitt" and dino answers with a 6 day work out targeting a different muscle each day. My goal is too look like Jason Statham, yet not cross the line into bulking up and bodybuilding. So I know cardio is a big part of my routine for weight loss, and alot of sets with high reps.

Since i am just beginning really working out 8 years after highschool i did biceps with 3 sets of 15 with 15lb dumbells but also from what i read if im looking for definition rather then bulk should i be doing like 9 sets? of 10-15, and lessen the weight. Or i could do it with 15 maybe but id have to take breaks inbetween because they got pretty tough on the last reps. So the question is lessen the weight to like 10 and do more sets or just make my work out longer and take breaks? And i guess anything ill be happy with because arms was one of the things i did want to bulk anyway. But this question i guess pertains to all my other work outs too.
    Last edited by LQPrimeTime; 09-02-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless you are highly advanced you should not be training each muscle only 1 time per week, most beginners would do well training each muscle 3 times per week, most intermediates would do well training each muscle 2 times per week. Also a lot depends on volume per session, technically you could train a muscle 7 days per week with 1-2 sets per day or you could train it once per week with 7-14 sets, frequency and volume are almost directly related.

What is the benefit of training a muscle once a week instead of multiple times a week? When you say advanced i guess you mean unless im doing high intensity once a week?