Gangster of Medieval War swordsmanzenn's Avatar
    swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

i want to be an atheletic trainer for football players. but HOW??

how in the world would i go about being an athletic trainer for college or nfl football teams??? this seems very enjoyable and i would imagine decent income. what schools are there for this and how do i land a job like that?

phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10) phalipi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would think that any college that you could get a degree in sports medicine or something. Then try to find out who the right people are and get in good with them. Now days I think you have to know the right person to land a job on a pro team.

rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rpatrick5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dunno if you are in school or not, but at a lot of schools you can volunteer to help as an athletic trainer or strength coach depending on what side you want to be on (rehab vs. perfromance enhancement). If you do well you can usually get a graduate assistant position working in their department.

Gangster of Medieval War swordsmanzenn's Avatar
    swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swordsmanzenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thx guys good info i will look into this when i start school next year.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    learn how to lift and train these moves...

http://www.aceathlete.com/hatch/video.htm
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

vike272000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure you are ready to put the hours in. I have yet to see a college trainer that did not have some high school/medical experience first. Usually, it is long hours as you have to be around for all events. But if you are willing, it is a fun job to have.

mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i want to be the same thing, a trainer for pro athletes. you need a degree, end of story. kinesiology is what i will be applying for soon, i think that is the best choice as an undergraduate. think science, because if you don't like it there is 0% chance of training at that level. professional organizations won't even look at anything less. much work must be put in to achieve this goal!

GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mashedpotato View Post
    you need a degree, end of story.
    Nah, you need to produce result. You won't learn how to train pro athletes during your degree, you won't learn to make Crosby skate faster and nobody will come to your door because you have a degree.

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GuiYoM View Post
    Nah, you need to produce result. You won't learn how to train pro athletes during your degree, you won't learn to make Crosby skate faster and nobody will come to your door because you have a degree.
    yeah, you need a science related degree to take the CSCS

mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10) mashedpotato is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GuiYoM View Post
    No this isn't like personal training, the average personal trainer really knows that MUCH less than someone who has a degree in kin. And yes you do learn to train all kinds of athletes, the science behind it. These certifications like ISSA are laughable compared to the stuff you learn in a sports science degree. Not even with a phys. ed degree will you get a chance because you don't touch on the sciences enough.

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    atheletic trainer or strength coach

an athletic trainer is the person who tapes players up when they get cuts and minor injuries

either way you need to get a degree
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by swordsmanzenn View Post
    how in the world would i go about being an athletic trainer for college or nfl football teams??? this seems very enjoyable and i would imagine decent income. what schools are there for this and how do i land a job like that?
    most schools bring up these people internally. See if you can intern for the program first.

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would like to do the same thing only after i get out of the army and with high school or college

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My college (Ithaca College) offers a degree in Athletic Training, but it's pretty hard to get into. I know that there are grad schools as well that deal entirely with AT.

Strength Coaches (CSCS) are entirely different from Athletic Trainers, although they often work together.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    AFAIK, Athletic trainers are the ones that treat players for minor injuries, and are the ones that respond to the player if they get injured on field