Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000)

Getting into the profession?

Well, I'm only 16. I'm by no means in a rush about what to do when I'm older, but as I get older and older, I keep getting closer to the time when I'll need to make some important decisions, so I figured I'd ask some questions.

I've thought about becoming a PT, but have noticed that you can go to college for it, and that you can also just get certified in numerous courses for it. If I'm correct, some gyms want the college degree, and others want certifications, while some even want both..Right?

I'm sure the saying "Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life" is true. But I'm not the smartest kid in the entire world, and to be honest, wouldn't want to have to get a degree in Kinesiology or another hard (in my opinion) major. I am not trying to say I'm lazy, but the idea of going into advanced biology classes and such doesn't sound so awesome -- I don't even like the regular biology much! Lol... So, if this were something I wanted to get into, would I need to get a degree in something, or is it achievable through just certifications? Whats the deal on those, too (best one(s) to take, price, length, etc.)?

Sorry for the long read..I'll rep for helpful answers.
    "Build YOUR body, not everybody else's." - Me

Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump.

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ryall View Post
    Well, I'm only 16. I'm by no means in a rush about what to do when I'm older, but as I get older and older, I keep getting closer to the time when I'll need to make some important decisions, so I figured I'd ask some questions.

I've thought about becoming a PT, but have noticed that you can go to college for it, and that you can also just get certified in numerous courses for it. If I'm correct, some gyms want the college degree, and others want certifications, while some even want both..Right?

I'm sure the saying "Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life" is true. But I'm not the smartest kid in the entire world, and to be honest, wouldn't want to have to get a degree in Kinesiology or another hard (in my opinion) major. I am not trying to say I'm lazy, but the idea of going into advanced biology classes and such doesn't sound so awesome -- I don't even like the regular biology much! Lol... So, if this were something I wanted to get into, would I need to get a degree in something, or is it achievable through just certifications? Whats the deal on those, too (best one(s) to take, price, length, etc.)?

Sorry for the long read..I'll rep for helpful answers.
    you just certifications for some gyms, but then some gyms may want you to have college degrees. just ring up some of the gyms you may want to work at and ask what you need to work there.

but if i may recommend, go to college and get a degree, and get a degree in business as well. this opens up so much more options than just a personal trainer. i want to go to university here in australia and study Bachelor of Exercise Science and Sport Science/Commerce which majors in sports management. and here what career paths i could partake after i graduate

"An Exercise and Sport Science degree opens up many different career opportunities. As well as traditional roles in education and the fitness industry, you may pursue employment in sports administration, coaching, facility management, community health, and sport science. The range of potential workplaces includes local and state government agencies, professional sporting bodies, hospital and medical clinics, fitness and aquatic centres, private health and recreation centres, or large business organisations."

and for the business side of things

"Career opportunities in sport management have expanded considerably in the past ten years. Gradates of the Bachelor of Commerce ? Sport Management may find employment as a community sport and recreation officer, community sport development officer, events manager, recreation and sport facilities manager, sport administrator, sport director, sport marketing consultant and sporting goods manufacturer."

see that there is a little more i could do than personal training, or sports trainer.

just something to think about mate
    Richoss' Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=390444731&posted=1#post390444731

Originally Posted by Richoss View Post
    you just certifications for some gyms, but then some gyms may want you to have college degrees. just ring up some of the gyms you may want to work at and ask what you need to work there.

but if i may recommend, go to college and get a degree, and get a degree in business as well. this opens up so much more options than just a personal trainer. i want to go to university here in australia and study Bachelor of Exercise Science and Sport Science/Commerce which majors in sports management. and here what career paths i could partake after i graduate

"An Exercise and Sport Science degree opens up many different career opportunities. As well as traditional roles in education and the fitness industry, you may pursue employment in sports administration, coaching, facility management, community health, and sport science. The range of potential workplaces includes local and state government agencies, professional sporting bodies, hospital and medical clinics, fitness and aquatic centres, private health and recreation centres, or large business organisations."

and for the business side of things

"Career opportunities in sport management have expanded considerably in the past ten years. Gradates of the Bachelor of Commerce ? Sport Management may find employment as a community sport and recreation officer, community sport development officer, events manager, recreation and sport facilities manager, sport administrator, sport director, sport marketing consultant and sporting goods manufacturer."

see that there is a little more i could do than personal training, or sports trainer.

just something to think about mate
    Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I thought about getting a degree in business management or something along those lines if I were to go all out as a trainer. That way I would have a wider array of options as far as work goes.

I also thought of getting a degree in something else, and doing PTing on the side.

I was just curious if you could actually get jobs without a degree. Would some of the larger gyms hire you if you were just certified? NSCA-CPT maybe?

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I thought about getting a degree in business management or something along those lines if I were to go all out as a trainer. That way I would have a wider array of options as far as work goes.

I also thought of getting a degree in something else, and doing PTing on the side.

I was just curious if you could actually get jobs without a degree. Would some of the larger gyms hire you if you were just certified? NSCA-CPT maybe?
    do the business degree!!

yes you can get jobs without degree. alot of personal trainers here on this board have only certifications through NSCA and so forth and they are full-time trainers. some gyms however want you to have a certain certificate and what not, so check with some gyms first.

Originally Posted by Richoss View Post
    do the business degree!!

yes you can get jobs without degree. alot of personal trainers here on this board have only certifications through NSCA and so forth and they are full-time trainers. some gyms however want you to have a certain certificate and what not, so check with some gyms first.
    Awesome man. Thanks a lot.

How much do these certifications cost on average? Is it just a matter of studying and then taking a test?

Awesome man. Thanks a lot.

How much do these certifications cost on average? Is it just a matter of studying and then taking a test?
    the one i am doing by distance through the ASCA (Australian Strength and Conditioning Association) costed me $275. but to go to do a weekend with them is like $350.

some other certificates can range from $300 up to $600

Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crawford20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Money

About how much can you make with a buisness degree? And how much without one?

Originally Posted by Crawford20 View Post
    About how much can you make with a buisness degree? And how much without one?
    its not so much how much you can with or without one. it depends what you do with that degree. if you didnt have a business degree, you could be just a pt, but with a business degree you could run a gym and train.

its hard to give figures, but you get more career options, some have more opportunity for money and some dont.

but i highly recommend obtaining a business degree with a degree in human movement, or exercise science, i dont know what its called in America sorry.

xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJKAx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get a degree, and get your cert..I don't have a degree, I actually dropped out of college. But neither of my professions require a degree (commercial real estate, and PT)...but they definitely help. Personally school just isn't for me and I like making money instantly.

Get your degree, and be a PT part time through college, make some "good money"(anything more than 2 grand a month as a college student is good money haha) and move forward..

It's good to see someone your age thats driven. Good luck!!
    Training for spec. ops