Thread: Image?

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Image?

First up, i just noticed this section, and it is a great section!!!!

anyway, my plan is i want to go to university (im from australia) to study Bachelor of Exercise Science and Sports Science/Commerce Major in Sport Management. Makes me sound smart ay? lol

anyway, i want to get more into strength and conditioning, but i am a little concerned mainly due to my image. Like you see the professional trainers, and they are usually tall, and jacked! and well, i am short and skinny (planning on bulking after football season).

How much do you think is image is in the industry? this includes personal training. like would people take me seriously? want me to train them?
    Richoss' Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=390444731&posted=1#post390444731

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im "only" 5'8"....I can tell u that taller is better, lol. There are guys who are 6'2" or whatever and people always call them "big guy" even if my arms are as big as theirs.

Think about cops or drill sargents...which has a more alpha look..5'3" or 6'3"??

in any case though...where there is a will there is a way...u can do it if u really want it
    "Humility comes before honor"

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    im "only" 5'8"....I can tell u that taller is better, lol. There are guys who are 6'2" or whatever and people always call them "big guy" even if my arms are as big as theirs.

Think about cops or drill sargents...which has a more alpha look..5'3" or 6'3"??

in any case though...where there is a will there is a way...u can do it if u really want it
    yeah that makes sense, but it sucks because its something i can't control (my height) but oh well, guess i have to make up for my height with knowledge, coaching ability, personal skills, strength and size (seeminly short people can pack on more noticeable muscle lol) and just someone who can get results for his clients. that should help
    Richoss' Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=390444731&posted=1#post390444731

Mirin that you're aware ricekiller's Avatar
    ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricekiller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    big does not = successful
    i am the biggest trainer at my gym and i am probably the 6th most successful our most successful guy is 5-8 160 lol
    Get big or die trying

i Survived 10-16-09

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think some of it depends on the area also..if its a beach town or hollywood or something then image might be more important. If its just working folks tryng to lose a few lbs then it seems to me they dont care what the trainer looks like.

amazingly, to me, seems a lot of people are INTIMIDATED by a decent looking trainer so they actually gravitate towards out of shape trainers who they evidently dont feel intimidated by. I simply cant wrap my mind around being intimidated by a trainer at all. Thats like being intimidated by a guitar teacher because he is too good. I dont really get it.

vike272000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it is more experience than image. The more activities you have been in (and the more success you have in those activities) I find people look at that. It is something that they can identify with (depending on what they want to improve on). For example, A high school football player is looking for a trainer. They will (most likely) pick a trainer who has played college football rather than someone who has not. That is what i have seen.

I have a friend who was a trainer in my current gym..then he went out on his own. Dude has let himself go and gotten out of shape. Somehow it evidently doesnt affect his ability to get clients. He is running his own private gym. Id put his training ability above many others I see who are personally in good shape.

for instance there is the sort of cliched "trainer" look. You know....20 yrs old, about 5'10, 155 lbs, clean shaven, with a polo shirt. for instance http://www.nsca-cc.org/online_store/...tml?pi=71&ci=2

to me, that look isnt impressive at all nor indicitave of anything in particular. Its just some skinny kid who hasnt yet had to face life with a slowing metabolism. Kid could eat burgers all day for all anyone knows.

So image CAN be important and I think all trainers should look the part....but often u cant judge the book by the cover.

One of the biggest fallacies is that the trainer with the most cuts or biggest arms must be the best trainer....quite often its the opposite. People think the trainer will somehow magically transfer that look onto the client but it doesnt work that way. its interesting to see a really cut trainer who doesnt really have any clients in great shape.

GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiYoM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm working all day long with people stronger, taller and faster than me, so what? There's fast people and there's people to make the faster even faster, that how I see things.

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Richoss View Post
    First up, i just noticed this section, and it is a great section!!!!

anyway, my plan is i want to go to university (im from australia) to study Bachelor of Exercise Science and Sports Science/Commerce Major in Sport Management. Makes me sound smart ay? lol

anyway, i want to get more into strength and conditioning, but i am a little concerned mainly due to my image. Like you see the professional trainers, and they are usually tall, and jacked! and well, i am short and skinny (planning on bulking after football season).

How much do you think is image is in the industry? this includes personal training. like would people take me seriously? want me to train them?
    image, to a degree, is a concern for every profession that requires visual communication.

If you are pursuing a career in radio, it probably won't matter much.