whatNOW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny fat - HELP!

I've read these boards often, never posted. This is my first. I have a problem. And honestly, its hard to come forward with this. But... I AM SKINNY FAT. And I am tired of it. Sick of it. Its time to change. I've got belly hangage that I hate.

I am 6'1. And I weigh about 165 pounds. I'm vegetarian and I've been vegetarian for about 9 years. I think I developed this condition in my teen years when I became vegetarian. I lost 40 pounds or so fairly rapidly with little exercise to follow it up.

Honestly, I am disgusted by my appearance. I've always done very well with the ladies but I don't know how considering what's underneath my shirt.

I need help. What do I need to do? I need knowledge and advice from you all. I had an ARMY friend of mine show me some military calisthenics (modified crunches, flutter kicks, push ups, bicycle crunches) and I started to do 20 to 30 minute sessions of those 5 times a week. I drink alcohol fairly often but very little beer. Mostly I drink vodka. I eat somewhat properly. Lots of veggies and fruits, beans and some soy products for protein. I'm prepared to do cardio/weights/whatever it takes. I want to be toned, slim, sexy & man boob free. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance, please help
    Attached Images

apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow...don't leave bodybuilding.com man

Well, i see new posters everyday, and they ask a question and leave. Bodybuilding.com is more than just a friend. You gotta stay here, and search.

There is this kid i know, and he is a ****load worse than you. He prob weighs around 150 lbs, and is 18 years old. He has no muscle, just pure fat. Its not so sweet. You are much better than he looked. Anyways, you don't need to lose weight, but lose fat/gain muscle. Therefore, lift until you bleed. Pretty much, just lift, correctly, and the fat will come off, and muscle will come on.

You also must stick to a good diet. Count your macros. Count your cals.

Then you are set.

If this doesnt help, SEARCH!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php
    April 2007 - Age 16 - 261lbs
    October 2009 - Age 19 - 180lbs
    Now - October 2010 - Age 20 - ~196.6lbs

Check Out My Personal Songs On Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/apdunshiz18#p/u/4/aOOe0xFdLeg

too kind, too kind, thank you... so lifting i can do... do you suggest any cardio? running? treadmills??

i will research macros... ready to get busy.

apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whatNOW View Post
    too kind, too kind, thank you... so lifting i can do... do you suggest any cardio? running? treadmills??

i will research macros... ready to get busy.
    well, cardio will burn fat, but the best cardio to do, would be HIIT. But at your weight, and from what it looks like, i dont think you need to do that. But sure, it could help, but i am just saying, if i were you, i would say **** the cardio and go with just straight out lifting.

But, if you want cardio, follow this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw40.htm

Scroll down...read...and follow the workout plans...well, all they say is HIIT this, and lift at this time...it is alright.

I would do HIIT in the morning, then at night lift (every other night)

Lifting is great. So is HIIT. They both work the same way. You do your exercise, and over a period of time, you are still burning calories even after do the exercise. This is good game...GFG....its the best way to lose fat

I do not advise you to do this, but this is what i did, and was doing since two days ago.

-Wake up, go for an early (TRY HIIT)...my HR% was lower, but still was significant enought to feel the heart all day lol
    -I eat flawlessly throughout the day
    -After school, i burned 500 calories on the treadmill then i would workout (Monday - Chest/triceps; Wednesday - Back/Biceps/Calves; Friday - Legs/Butt)
    -Then i go home, i go on bb.com, and thats the end of it.

40% carbs/40% proteins/20% fats. I tried this, but i thought i was doing it wrong, so i stopped. But now, i actually know, i can do it.

If you weigh 165 lbs then eat about 2225 Calories a day. In those calories, eat

220g Protein/225g Carbs/49g Fat

jaym4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had the same probs wen i was younger. Am 6 '1. I jus bulked up which definitely made it appear less fat, then try tonin up again from ther. I've jus gone 198 upto 215. Now cut down with cardio an new diet down to 195. Look more defined an kept quite a lot of the gains. I'm still not ripped by any means, but look better. Just keepin up the cardio an try 2 keep the fat comin off. U mite not wana bulk up 2 much, but on a personal note it helped me 2 look more in proportion. Just keep it clean!!!

right on man, this should get me off to my start! I am really concerned about the midsection, so anything I can do with abs (love handles) directly would be good as well.

thanks again for your advice & to anyone else that may want to add their 2 cents

shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadout00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to add some muscle bro. At 6'1 145 lbs, you don't have very much muscle or fat. The fat you do have is what your body is clinging onto because you don't have anything else! Get into a weight lifting routine, eat up, and pack on that muscle. The fat will subside.

Lift weights 4-5 times a week, hitting every major body part. I am sure you can find a program in the weights section of the forum. One thing you want to make sure you do is eat frequently, every 2-3 hours. Many people do all the right things but always forget that diet is just as if not more important than exercise.

There are very few people who have extremely low body fat and NO muscle. The body just does not work this way, if we have neither of these we can't survive.

x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're kind of in the same boat as me you're just a lot taller. I think it has to do with the fact that we have little muscle to burn off that fat when we aren't working it off. I've been lifting and it's hard to tell if I'm making any gains in terms of size but my lifts have gone up so I'm inclined to say that I've been gaining muscle.

Just keep in mind that the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn because muscle burns fat 24/7. So if you concentrate on building up muscle, eventually it'll burn the fat for you. I wouldn't worry too much about cardio because cardio doesn't burn fat, it burns calories which more than likely come from muscle and you want to keep all of the muscle you have.

radical, thank you everyone... i'm gonna work it out... i am gonna take a whey protein supplement and do crunches and pushups til i can get into a gym and start lifting

nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nish_z28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yup - Lift, don't worry too much about the cardio for now. Get built - you will look better, then cut to shred the fat that you have. The muscles you get from lifting will give you better definition.

Supp with lots of protein, low carb or cycle carbs...

Remember you can do all the ab exercises in the world, but won't see them b/c of the layer of fat. Diet is very important...

ok, rad... so i need gain muscle and then cut fat after bulking up a bit...? is that what "cut" means?? losing fat? sorry, i am so new at this.

jaym4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh cutting is 4 losing fat. I'd just train evry body part once a week for now, even sumthin simple like day 1 chest biceps, day 2 shoulder tris, day 3 back day 4 legs. dont worry bout cardio, jus get plenty of protein carbs an gud fats in ur diet. If u diet right you're gains will come relatively quickly, that'll giv u the motivation to keep goin-ppl will prob even notice after 2/3 weeks if done right! Gud luck with it!!