Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Need some advice on my upcoming CPT exam

well the title says it all, I'm taking my NSCA-CPT exam on May 3rd. I'm an exercise science major so I'm thinking I should know most of it, but I'm kind of unsure on the legal stuff and other sections of the test. I have some study materials (not the book) and the 3 practice exams and DVD. If there's anything you guys can give me a hand with I would really appreciate anything you can let me in on.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am certified with AFAA only so I don't know the specifics of your test. Sounds like you're set up to do well though. I find that if you are comfotable with all the practice test subject matter, then you should do fine on the real exam. The "legal stuff" might end up being only a few questions so even if you're weak there, it may not have a huge impact. The majority of AFAA's exam was kineseology...
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaJager_Meister View Post
    well the title says it all, I'm taking my NSCA-CPT exam on May 3rd. I'm an exercise science major so I'm thinking I should know most of it, but I'm kind of unsure on the legal stuff and other sections of the test. I have some study materials (not the book) and the 3 practice exams and DVD. If there's anything you guys can give me a hand with I would really appreciate anything you can let me in on.
    pm me if u want to sell the dvd and/or exams. if u make me a good offer u can recoup some of your expenses. I have the book but im so busy lately there isnt much reading happening

how does the dvd work..is it from a seminar or is it just text or audio or what?
    "Humility comes before honor"

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    i talk a bit about the exam in this thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=106834321

btw, i just got my results back, passed with 80% correct answers.

since you're an ES major you should have no problem (assuming you're a junior or senior). honestly just read the "essentials of personal training" book one time through and you'll be set, i didn't bother with any other materials.
    b.s. exercise science, nsca-cscs

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The CPT exam isn't difficult, but just because you're an Exercise Science major I wouldn't just assume you know everything. I've gone through certification courses with many people who had that same degree who didn't pass the test. I'm not saying that you (or they) didn't know the answers, but these cert companies are horrible about you answering with the answer they WANT you to give, and it doesn't always line up with what you'd learn in a university.

But again, for the cpt exam you'll be fine, you'll need to study a little bit for the CSCS when/if you take that.

For the legal stuff it'll all be common sense (and usually no-brainer questions). One legal question I've seen on every certification exam I've taken is "As a fitness professional, I'm NOT qualified to: A) keep an orgainzed client folder, B) provide safe and effective exercise instruction, C) devise a fitness program to help my client reach their goals, or D) diagnose and/or treat disease/illness." I'm not even kidding, that was on every f*ing test.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500) lols is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JNo20 View Post
    The CPT exam isn't difficult, but just because you're an Exercise Science major I wouldn't just assume you know everything. I've gone through certification courses with many people who had that same degree who didn't pass the test. I'm not saying that you (or they) didn't know the answers, but these cert companies are horrible about you answering with the answer they WANT you to give, and it doesn't always line up with what you'd learn in a university.

But again, for the cpt exam you'll be fine, you'll need to study a little bit for the CSCS when/if you take that.

For the legal stuff it'll all be common sense (and usually no-brainer questions). One legal question I've seen on every certification exam I've taken is "As a fitness professional, I'm NOT qualified to: A) keep an orgainzed client folder, B) provide safe and effective exercise instruction, C) devise a fitness program to help my client reach their goals, or D) diagnose and/or treat disease/illness." I'm not even kidding, that was on every f*ing test.
    so wut was the answer

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd say D is a pretty obvious choice......
    b.s. exercise science, nsca-cscs

PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50) PatrickWH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JNo20 View Post

I agree about answering their way. I took my answers from my practice test and ran them by a few other trainers I know and they thought they were rediculous.

Anyways, I got my NSCA-CPT last November and I waaay over studied...All I did was read the book and take the practice tests.

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cool, thanks for the advice guys. I looked over the practice exams a little, and I knew about 1/3 of it without even looking at the answers, the other 1/3 I had a good idea of after looking at the answers, and the OTHER 1/3 I either have seen and don't remember atm or am gonna have to look more in depth for. I think I should be alright!!

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    update???
    "Humility comes before honor"