Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ottawaguy42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats!....almost 11 months for me. Once you get by the first month guilt will keep you from starting (you won't want to start the quitting process all over again).......

In the meantime when you have that craving think of...............Parker. (I assume he's your son)

Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hound53 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats. Just keep doing it the same way you eat a elephant, one bite at a time. Quit smoking 5 minutes at a time. That was about how long a nicotine fit lasts. The thought of quitting forever seemed like a huge task, but I knew I could resist the urge for 5 minutes at a time. The 5 minutes at a time has added up to 10 years of being nicotine free.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Just hang in there; it gets easier.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

kgirouard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Keep it up!

First week is the hardest. When I quit I bought the patch the highest dosage, and I bought one pack of cigarettes. You might ask why a pack of smokes, well this way I would weed my self off of them for the week, I told myself I would not buy any more and this was the last pack. As the week progressed into the second week I had no more cigarettes and I cut the patch in half. I kept up at the gym and I didn?t worry about what I ate. Quitting was my number one goal at this point.

You Can do it man I have been there and keep telling yourself you can do all things it a matter of will power!!!

Smoke free 3 years!!
    KG
    Last edited by kgirouard; 04-26-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    "Its not your feelings that are messed up, It's your thinking."

SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My best advice is cardio first thing in the am while having the morning coffee, that way you build an inverse behavioral and physiological association. Remember, the best way to lessen a target behavior is to replace it with a rewarding mutually incompatible behavior. Life ain't free but life can sure as hell be *** free! Don't let ***s control your life brother.

Damn check that out, I guess the electronic editor has never heard a cig called a "f" "a" "g"
    UP the IRONS!

BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brother i quit 17 years ago,quit cold turkey.if its been over 48 hours since your last smoke its all out of your system and its all mind over matter.just keep active!And by all means try to stay away from aresholes who smoke,secondhand smoke is a real bummer,especially when you're trying to quit.

dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My dad smoked from the time he was 14 until he was 62. One morning he got up and had a coughing fit.... got over that, lit a cig and started coughing again. He finally decided that he had to quit and never smoked another one. He did carry the pack around in his front pocket for a month though. Very stubborn man, once he set his head to something that was it! LOL

He was rather hard to love with for a while though, those were the days before the 'patch'. We went fishing and he ended up throwing his rod, tackle box, and everything into the river!

He was a truck driver and started taking bags of brach's butterscotch discs with him on his trips... he gained quite a few pounds. The sad thing is that he already had COPD from the smoking, so his retrement was not a joyful as it should have been. He would get out of breath just trying to keep up with me walking across a store. And I was by no means in shape either.

He finally died from his heart/lung problems in 2002 at age 81. He could have lived a lot longer had he quit smoking earlier. He died 3 years before his first grandchild was born, and he always really wanted grandkids.

You are doing the right thing by quitting, stick with it! The money expense is one thing, but that is nothing compared to taking years off your life by smoking.

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by SR800 View Post
    My best advice is cardio first thing in the am while having the morning coffee, that way you build an inverse behavioral and physiological association. Remember, the best way to lessen a target behavior is to replace it with a rewarding mutually incompatible behavior. Life ain't free but life can sure as hell be *** free! Don't let ***s control your life brother.

Damn check that out, I guess the electronic editor has never heard a cig called a "f" "a" "g"
    LOL. and thks I actually have been trying this method thanks.
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by dartol View Post
    My dad smoked from the time he was 14 until he was 62. One morning he got up and had a coughing fit.... got over that, lit a cig and started coughing again. He finally decided that he had to quit and never smoked another one. He did carry the pack around in his front pocket for a month though. Very stubborn man, once he set his head to something that was it! LOL

He was rather hard to love with for a while though, those were the days before the 'patch'. We went fishing and he ended up throwing his rod, tackle box, and everything into the river!

He was a truck driver and started taking bags of brach's butterscotch discs with him on his trips... he gained quite a few pounds. The sad thing is that he already had COPD from the smoking, so his retrement was not a joyful as it should have been. He would get out of breath just trying to keep up with me walking across a store. And I was by no means in shape either.

He finally died from his heart/lung problems in 2002 at age 81. He could have lived a lot longer had he quit smoking earlier. He died 3 years before his first grandchild was born, and he always really wanted grandkids.

You are doing the right thing by quitting, stick with it! The money expense is one thing, but that is nothing compared to taking years off your life by smoking.

Darren
    Thank you for sharing that story, I have to admit that one of my biggest reasons for quiting is my 4yr old son. I'd like to be around for his graduation and more.
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Vincent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TC, an ex smoker like myself will tell you that deciding to quit is the easy part. Being able to stay smoke free is the tough part.

The ironically painful thing is that the first few weeks will be easier than that night after a few months when you just had a great meal followed by a cup of coffee.

I was never able to quit cold turkey. I was able to quit when I switched to nicotine gum. The goal then becomes being able to quit the gum, but that is a much easier proposition.

Hang in there...we are here for ya!
    The body is a terrible thing to waste.

polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    One year cigarette free, all thanks to the book "easy way to stop smoking" by allen carr. No cravings, no withdrawals, no sudden urges, nothing.

Here's a link to a thread about the book:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=655948

good luck with everything.

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnrich69 View Post
    I could use some helpful advice here. Yesterday, I ate like horse and walked around like a "crack addict". I'm hopeing that today is going to be better.
    16, so no advice here, but I just seen the thread in the "Specially For You" menu, and wanted to stop by and wish you luck My dad's trying to quit too.

Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Usals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the decision to quit, I quit 3 years ago and the first week is the hardest, change all your habits no chocolate or coffee or anything that can cause a craving, get out and do things you dont do normaly, try to stay away from other smokers, good luck

utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10) utahodonnells is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Days Will Get Easier

I quit 11 years ago and it was very hard. I used Nicorrete gum and would eat jolly rancher candy in the house and driving the car. The first month is the hardest, then it gets better with time. Good luck and don't let temptation get the best of you.