Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation DAY #2 OF quit smoking.

I could use some helpful advice here. Yesterday, I ate like horse and walked around like a "crack addict". I'm hopeing that today is going to be better.
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never smoked, so I have no advice. I just know how tough it is by seeing friends try to quit. Just wanted to wish you luck.

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by anti-bonk View Post
    I never smoked, so I have no advice. I just know how tough it is by seeing friends try to quit. Just wanted to wish you luck.
    THKS

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Congrats on quitting smoking; it's the BEST thing you could possibly do for your health. I quit 15 years ago. I kept myself busy; worked on planning my workout program, planning my nutrition, anything I could do that kept my health foremost in my mind. I didn't buy cigs, I stayed away from smokers and any other old habits that I associated with smoking. I threw away my stinky curtains, and had my carpeting and furniture cleaned, threw away ashtrays,lighters, anything related to smoking. I worked out every day, for a while, until the urge to smoke subsided. Cold turkey is the best way to go; a clean break from nicotine. I hope this helps in some way; I wish you the best of luck. If I can do it, you can, too. PM me if I can help you in any other way.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Smile

Originally Posted by DrDoU View Post
    look on page 2 there is a other thread directly related to your problem join in.
    Thks,,,,,I will!

Hittin' it and gettin' it Braindrop's Avatar
    Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000) Braindrop is just really nice. (+1000)
    The day I got out of management in 1993, I quit cold turkey. The first couple weeks were hard, and I would lapse pretty much any time I was in a bar drinking with friends. As I got older, I stopped hanging out in bars, and don't remember the last time I had a cig.

If you can get through the first few months, you'll start to wonder how the f*** you ever stomached the things.
    Braindrop
    ---------------------------
    Jun 2016 230#
    Apr 2010 224#
    Oct 2007: 272#
    ---------------------------

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=660421

OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OcularisDius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep at it, it will get better. The "crack addict" thing goes away pretty quick. Try to think in terms of "I won't smoke for the next 5 mins" then progress to longer periods of time.

Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old School is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey John, I found everytime I have quit (hundreds) I always ate like a horse for the first week or so, it really helps. Just workout hard and pig out...it's better than smoking. Good luck!
    Eat fresh, eat whole, eat clean.

garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50) garroutte will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I quit 7 years ago along with alchohol,and drugs.The only thing that gave me strength was prayer,I smoked and drank for 20 years,if I can do it so can you brother.It's hard,but so is dieting and lifting all the time and lifting can be used in place of that addiction.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I quit last century.

From my recollection Day 2 was easier than Day 1, but Day 3 was the hardest day of them all. It get's progressively easier each day after the third one.

So, if you can make it through tomorrow - you've got it beat!!

jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stick with it!!!!!

Try to stay away from places and situations that allow you to smoke. Change up you daily routine to help break the smoking ritual. And as another said check other places in the OV35 forum for other discusions, there are several all with good advice.

CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have quit a few times, and for months at a time. I will tell you from experience, the first few weeks are a cake walk in my opinion because you are so into NOT smoking. But after a few months you tend to think it's ok to have one when out with friends or something, NO. Even though they taste like pure asscrack after you haven't smoked for a while your body remembers and wants more, so my best advice is not to have even one drag, ever. I actually quit this week too, again but I am more serious than ever. It is holding me back from a lot of things and plus at $4 a pack it's way to much money. I haven't smoked since Sunday and I feel great. I read something that said cravings only last a few minutes so if you get one do 30 jumping jacks or something to occupy yourself for a minute or so.

I've also been told to chug 8-12oz of water everytime you want one or even think of one. I have done it the last couple days and it seems to help.

Lastly is the torture method. Wear a fairly tight fitting thick rubber band around your wrist. Everytime you want one pull that sucker back as far as it will go and let it rip, 3 times.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CS0 View Post
    I have quit a few times, and for months at a time. I will tell you from experience, the first few weeks are a cake walk in my opinion because you are so into NOT smoking. But after a few months you tend to think it's ok to have one when out with friends or something, NO. Even though they taste like pure asscrack after you haven't smoked for a while your body remembers and wants more, so my best advice is not to have even one drag, ever. I actually quit this week too, again but I am more serious than ever. It is holding me back from a lot of things and plus at $4 a pack it's way to much money. I haven't smoked since Sunday and I feel great. I read something that said cravings only last a few minutes so if you get one do 30 jumping jacks or something to occupy yourself for a minute or so.

I've also been told to chug 8-12oz of water everytime you want one or even think of one. I have done it the last couple days and it seems to help.

Lastly is the torture method. Wear a fairly tight fitting thick rubber band around your wrist. Everytime you want one pull that sucker back as far as it will go and let it rip, 3 times.
    Good point.

After you quit smoking, you will always be "a puff away, from a pack a day".

Never, ever, give into the temptation of 'just one won't hurt me'.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with everything here.

For me (2 packs a day), brushing my teeth often and eating mints helped. I also took up knitting as it kept my hands busy. You might be able to find a substitute activity!

Originally Posted by ChocolateGirl View Post
    I agree with everything here.

For me (2 packs a day), brushing my teeth often and eating mints helped. I also took up knitting as it kept my hands busy. You might be able to find a substitute activity!
    You mean like needle-point?

Drink water, lots of water!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Come to NY you will quit for good, cigs are going up to 9 dollars a pack. I told my wife what is she going to do when they cost that much? They are already $7 a pack right now.

When I quit it was not easy at all cause everyone around me still smoked, my wife, my father, my sisters, my brother, my friends EVERYONE! But I did it anyway. I stopped cold turkey (used to smoke 2 packs a day).

Funny thing, for some people the urge never goes away. I haven't smoked in 20 years yet from time to time I get the urge.

For me it is mental, if you truly want to quit you will, but you are going to have to really want to quit. One thing I did was never counted how many days I didn't smoke, to me what was just saying how many days TILL I smoked again. I just said I quit and I never looked back.

Good luck
    On the list for Bannukah

liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftnlady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I quit cold turkey about a year and a half ago and the first few days were really tough for me, too. Being spacey, tired, weepy, it's all a normal part of withdrawing from a severe addiction.

Check out the website whyquit.com if you haven't. The site's mantra is "Never Take Another Puff." There are a ton of tips and lots of good advice, information, and motivation there for cold turkey quitters. They also have a great forum and excellent "quit videos."

Remember that a crave only lasts about three minutes; you can survive anything for three minutes, right?

The first few days and weeks I used sugarfree hard candy, gum, carrot sticks, celery sticks, pretzel sticks, stuff like that as a substitute for smoking. (I still chew gum all the time, lol.)

The site mentioned above also recommended lots of fruit juice the first few days to replace the blood sugar that is contantly released when you smoke. So I stocked up on fruit juice for the first few days and drank it at regular intervals.

Hang in there! In one more day you'll have most of the nicotine out of your system.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 weeks. It takes 2 weeks to get over the smoking hump. 2 weeks.

If you can tough it out until then, you are golden.

getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I quit 4 months ago.The trouble with smoking is the people around you that smoke. That's what makes me crave really bad. And of course after i eat and first thing in the morning. If i get a craving either i eat like a horse of lift some weights. If you can't do that go for a walk. Basicaly do something to get your mind off it. Thats why to me, it's all in your head.
    "If it's not intense... It's not worth it."

Red face Thank you

THANK YALL SOO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!!! Today is day three and although I don't feel so much like a "crack addict" I can't say that I'm not having those "urges" either. Some of the post that have been made have really hit the nail on the head and I'm trying to take all of your adivces.
    I jokingly told my wife (after day #1) That it'd be cheaper to let me buy the pack of cigs. after watching how much I've been eating!! LOL LOL
    Again,,,,thank you so much......

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nah,, smoking is nothing like being hooked on crack!!

Crack is a lot cheaper now

seriously
    good luck in your endeavor, a lot of us have quit smoking on here among other things.
    In the grand scheme of things quitting smoking is a lot easier that quitting many other things "try mainlining narcotics for a couple years... I take that back ... dont try it"

xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Come to NY you will quit for good, cigs are going up to 9 dollars a pack. I told my wife what is she going to do when they cost that much? They are already $7 a pack right now.
    Wha??? Jesus - I've never been a cigarette smoker, but if I were that would be enough to get me to quit. I can get a great cigar for $9 dollars!

design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) design2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's some help
    I quit back in '91. It was tough. I bought Tootsie Pops and pretzel rods to get me through cravings. Helps also with that "hand to mouth" habit. Worked like a charm!!!! After about 2 weeks i was sick of them and didn't crave cigs anymore! Avoid people that smoke and bars too for about 6 weeks!

design2
    lift and live with patience

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xMichaelx View Post
    Wha??? Jesus - I've never been a cigarette smoker, but if I were that would be enough to get me to quit. I can get a great cigar for $9 dollars!
    Well right now they are 6 and some change close to $7. A lose cost .50

When I was smoking a pack was 1.75 and a lose was a dime.
    On the list for Bannukah

em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How was today any easier? I chewed ALOT of gum that first couple of weeks.

D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just quit five months ago Believe me it gets easier,one day at a time my friend..drink a ton of water,cut up some carrot sticks,and believe you have it beat and you will!
    All the best
    Just hang in,everyday will get better..I am proof it can be done...and i bloody chain smoked.
    LUCIFER IS MY TRAINING PARTNER.
    ....BENT ROWS TO GROW:)

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by johnrich69 View Post
    I could use some helpful advice here. Yesterday, I ate like horse and walked around like a "crack addict". I'm hopeing that today is going to be better.
    Ride it out...it will get better...the first 3 days will probably be the worst. Just don't start again, whatever you do...maybe think about taking a jog if you feel the urge to light up...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) em-dubya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Ride it out...it will get better...the first 3 days will probably be the worst. Just don't start again, whatever you do...maybe think about taking a jog if you feel the urge to light up...
    excellent advice!It works!!!!

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I quit well over 10 years ago. One morning I woke up and never had another cigarette and never felt like it again. I'm probably in the rare minority. Don't dwell on the fact you have quit, change your habits. If you always have a smoke after dinner, go for a walk, if you smoke with coffee drink water and don't let anyone smoke in your car or house ever. It's a mental game just don't set yourself up to lose.

Smile Day #4 ....

Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    I quit well over 10 years ago. One morning I woke up and never had another cigarette and never felt like it again. I'm probably in the rare minority. Don't dwell on the fact you have quit, change your habits. If you always have a smoke after dinner, go for a walk, if you smoke with coffee drink water and don't let anyone smoke in your car or house ever. It's a mental game just don't set yourself up to lose.
    Thanks Lukamar. Today is day #4 and although I can't say that I haven't felt like having one it seems to have gotten a "little" easier. I played golf yesterday with some friends and as I shot the occational "bad" shot I also felt my urge to have a cig. go up. hahaha Anyway, again thank you all for your contiued support during this trying time. Johnny