CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

how many grams of carbs should I eat per day?

I was on a low carb diet (< 80 g per day) for the past 6 months since I needed to lose some fat. It was effective as I lost 20 pounds but now I'm ready to gain muscle again.

I'm a bit carb-phobic these days so I've been SLOWLY increasing them. Currently I'm eating around 230 g of protein, 80 g of fat, and 110 g of carbs. How many carbs should I eat at 180 pounds? Do I keep slowly increasing them (i.e. add 10-20 g per week) or just add them in larger increments?

I'm not really looking to bulk. I'm looking for more of a long term, moderate diet where I gain muscle slowly but not gain a lot of fat since cutting is a bitch.

bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you aren't cutting, there is no reason to go low carb (you don't even have to go low carb while cutting)

I'd say a good ratio would be 30p/60c/10f while bulking, even during a slow bulk.

CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CoachKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigphishy56 View Post
    if you aren't cutting, there is no reason to go low carb (you don't even have to go low carb while cutting)

I'd say a good ratio would be 30p/60c/10f while bulking, even during a slow bulk.
    That's quite a big increase to what I'm eating now (that's over 400 grams!). Should I increase carbs slowly or just cut right to the chase?

gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbk56 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would add the carbs slowly and monitor how my body reacts. I've even heard 40/40/20. I think everyones body reacts a little differently.