jleary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Chest Routine

I have been doing the same ole' same ole' chest routine for quite some time now. Chest Presses, Flies, Incline presses, and decline presses. I switch it up by using dumbbells one time, cables another, etc.

But, I would like to switch up the actual exercise once in a while. I was looking through the many different exercises on this site, and was wondering if anyone could recommend which ones are good, and what exercise I should replace it with.

For example, "Around the Worlds" look cool, but are they any good, and what exercise in my normal routine should I replace it with?

A few other different exercises I saw were Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover and Front Raise and Pullovers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeanne

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Like with most areas, picking chest exercises often comes down to personal preference. I happen to hate pullovers and around the worlds, but I love the exercises you are currently doing. One that I would add is dips. Even if you feel them more in triceps, they do still work the lower portion of the chest and provide a great test for the upper body.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed with the dips suggestion.

While presses may seem mundane, they are the center of a chest routine. Try different techniques. Machines are great if you have access to them.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

jleary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool, thanks for the recommendation on the dips, I had no idea they worked the Chest.

I guess I will continue with my chest routine. I normally do it in this order:

Chest Press 3x10-12 reps
    Flies 3x10-12 reps
    Incline Press 3x10-12 Reps
    Decline Press 3x10-12 Reps

Would switching which exercise I do to like Incline 1st, presses 2nd, etc...etc.. be enough to keep my chest from getting used to the routine?

wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try holding one dumbell with both hands and press up while lying on a flat bench. The dumbell handle should be parallel to your body.