deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Zucchini-Carrot Cake

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of Almond Flour
    2 Eggs
    1/2 Cup of oil
    1/2 cup of yogurt
    1/2 cup of Vanilla flavored whey protein powder
    1 teaspoon of baking soda
    2/3 cup of Splenda (or other sweetener)
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
    3/4 cup shredded zucchini
    1/4 cup shredded carrot

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well blended. Add the oil, yogurt, Splenda, Almond flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing well after each addition. Add the zucchini and the carrots last, mixing well.

Thoroughly coat a ring mold or bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and turn the batter into it.

Bake for 45 minutes

Yield: 8 generous servings, each with 8 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of carbs and 16 grams of protein.

*take from 500 low carb recipes cookbook*

Note, in the actual recipe, she uses 1 1/2 ground hazelnuts, I used ground almonds last time. It's alright, but I used Almond flour and it turned out really moist and cake like which was better in my opinion. This stuff is awesome. I make it once a week.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i love that book!!!

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tootella View Post
    i love that book!!!
    Yeah it's a great book, I also have her "500 more low carb recipes" which are recipes from 'around the world'. It's alright, haven't made anything out of them. I didn't like it because she tends to use a lot more hard to find items, like "sugar free honey", what the hell?! Haha.

hammer1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the recipie! I made this with a twist....I call it Bananna-Apple Spice Cake. It turned out great....
    Attached Images

Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by deadfingers View Post
    Yeah it's a great book, I also have her "500 more low carb recipes" which are recipes from 'around the world'. It's alright, haven't made anything out of them. I didn't like it because she tends to use a lot more hard to find items, like "sugar free honey", what the hell?! Haha.
    i found sugar free honey. It's in the diabetic section of grocery stores. It tastes okay, but it still has a ton of carbs because it has sugar alcohols and junk.

Originally Posted by Tootella View Post
    i found sugar free honey. It's in the diabetic section of grocery stores. It tastes okay, but it still has a ton of carbs because it has sugar alcohols and junk.
    Eh if I'm going with honey I'm going with the all natural stuff. Besides I don't really like eating honey much. I have to buy most of my "health food" online seeing as how our commissary is limited to what the general population on base likes to buy.