Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Todd's quest for muscle tissue

As this is my first training thread I'll give a brief history of myself.
    I'm a 36 (going to be 37 in August) year old male. While been involved with athletics most my life, bodybuilding has really not been one of them.
    As a kid I did as most, and played youth soccer. This was my passion as a kid, and I began to play for select teams year round. When I reached high school I also began to dabble in competitive cycling and track. While I was a 'good' runner I wasn't great. Now cycling was a nothing thing. That I excelled at. it became apparent from the start that I could make something of this. So that and weight train I did. All 5'10 145lbs of me. in my senior year of high school I was approached my a team to race in Europe for the summer. So of course I jumped on it. Good thing, cause that's where I met the folks that were involved with the Olympic trials. Well long story short there was a pre qualifier race in California and some guy named Lance Armstrong was there (we knew who he was) and a list of other top Americans. All I can say if Lance has a nice backside cause that's what I mostly saw of him. lol So I raced until the age of 21 and (like bodybuilding for some) was just tired of being flat broke and wanted to pursue other things. So I dabbled in running and motocross and got pretty good at that, but I just did it now for fun and not competition. It wasn't until I was about 34 that I got a hankerin for the gym again. So train I did. Now married to my lovely wife. We hit the gym with a fever. It was great fun, but I soon realized that although I loved training with her that my personal goals were more than she was willing to put out in the gym. I trained until I was done. She trained until the hour was up. Which she does very well. So I began to train on my own. That's when the first back injury happened. Don't rack pulls on a Smith machine I threw out my back and had this odd sensation down my right leg. Sciatic nerve pinch and a bulging disk. Yea! Out for 3 weeks while I treated that. Came back with an even bigger fever. This time 3 months and I did that same thing again (I don't use Smith machines anymore). This time is was much worse and I was down for 6 months. So now being an expert in that kind of condition I know know what not to do in the future.
    While on another board I contacted Quelly to see if he would like to train sometime. Of course his first instinct was I was some old dude lookin for some young man meat. I attended a powerlifting meet that he Father Flex, Spawn of Father Flex, and some other bay area home boys were competing in. From that point we set a plan to train.
    We are now in our 9th week of training together and the progression has been great for both of us. He has been instrumental in teaching me proper bio mechanics in lifting. Deadlift, the exercise that I once thought I would never be able to do again, is a bimonthly staple of our training program.

Right now I sit a 6' 191lb and about 16-17% bf.
    More to come. Enjoy.
    Todd
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

almost at stage weight! Squizzzer's Avatar
    Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    ...more than she was willing to put out...
    that's rough...lol...sorry i had too

i'm in!
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117797281

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As this is my first training thread I'll give a brief history of myself.
    I'm a 36 (going to be 37 in August) year old male. While been involved with athletics most my life, bodybuilding has really not been one of them.
    As a kid I did as most, and played youth soccer. This was my passion as a kid, and I began to play for select teams year round. When I reached high school I also began to dabble in competitive cycling and track. While I was a 'good' runner I wasn't great. Now cycling was a nothing thing. That I excelled at. it became apparent from the start that I could make something of this. So that and weight train I did. All 5'10 145lbs of me. in my senior year of high school I was approached my a team to race in Europe for the summer. So of course I jumped on it. Good thing, cause that's where I met the folks that were involved with the Olympic trials. Well long story short there was a pre qualifier race in California and some guy named Lance Armstrong was there (we knew who he was) and a list of other top Americans. All I can say if Lance has a nice backside cause that's what I mostly saw of him. lol So I raced until the age of 21 and (like bodybuilding for some) was just tired of being flat broke and wanted to pursue other things. So I dabbled in running and motocross and got pretty good at that, but I just did it now for fun and not competition. It wasn't until I was about 34 that I got a hankerin for the gym again. So train I did. Now married to my lovely wife. We hit the gym with a fever. It was great fun, but I soon realized that although I loved training with her that my personal goals were more than she was willing to put out in the gym. I trained until I was done. She trained until the hour was up. Which she does very well. So I began to train on my own. That's when the first back injury happened. Don't rack pulls on a Smith machine I threw out my back and had this odd sensation down my right leg. Sciatic nerve pinch and a bulging disk. Yea! Out for 3 weeks while I treated that. Came back with an even bigger fever. This time 3 months and I did that same thing again (I don't use Smith machines anymore). This time is was much worse and I was down for 6 months. So now being an expert in that kind of condition I know know what not to do in the future.
    While on another board I contacted Quelly to see if he would like to train sometime. Of course his first instinct was I was some old dude lookin for some young man meat. I attended a powerlifting meet that he Father Flex, Spawn of Father Flex, and some other bay area home boys were competing in. From that point we set a plan to train.
    We are now in our 9th week of training together and the progression has been great for both of us. He has been instrumental in teaching me proper bio mechanics in lifting. Deadlift, the exercise that I once thought I would never be able to do again, is a bimonthly staple of our training program.

Right now I sit a 6' 191lb and about 16-17% bf.
    More to come. Enjoy.
    Todd
    hey...it was only a month or so after I was "amateur of the week" here at bbing.com and I had my email up on the page (bad move)...dude I was getting 2-5 emails a day from people (mostly men lol) looking to hook up, have cyber sex, get me to send nude pics, do private shows, and prostitute myself...oh and lol...this one is the best, a guy who wanted to buy the pair of posing trunks I wore at my shows...all that among other things I don't feel like typing lol.

ANYWAYS...todd you should note what weight you were at when we started training together, what weights you were lifting, and how long its been, and where you are at now in comparison.....and then wait for the "what cycles are you running bro?" questions to start pouring in because your progression has been unreal.

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Where I started at before I got on board with Quelly

So after I was able to return to the gym again I was weak as a mouse. Not that I am 'strong' compared to some of you animals, but I felt were I was heading was in a good direction for me. Well that was all gone. What I was left with was a nice Michelin Man tire around my gut to remind me how far I had back slid.
    So starting weights around the middle of January. Starting weight 183lb (very soft)
    Bench- 135x5
    Incline DB- 40x6
    Incline BB- 115x5
    Squat- 135x8, 185x3
    Hack squat- 1 plate (per side)x6
    deadlift- 135x5
    lying hamstring curl- 80x8

CURRENT
    Bench- 205x5, 215x3
    Incline DB-75x7, 70x10
    Incline BB- 155x13
    Squat- 245x8, 265x3
    Hack squat- 2 plates+25x7 (old pr on this was 4 reps at 1/2 depth)
    deadlift- 275x5 (I don't push this lift yet)
    Lying hamstring curls- 130x10

I have surpassed where I was before my injury and I have a more sound grasp of mechanics to progress even further. Every week we have hit a PR in something. Our principle is progressive overload and to switch up exercises every week.
    Current diet
    Pro-250
    Carb- 320
    Fat-60-70
    Total calories/day- 2910
    Current weight 191lb

Supplements
    1 scoop Purple Wrath- pre and post workout
    ALA
    Creatine mono
    multi vitamin
    melatonin (I toss like a gymnast while I sleep)
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Squizzzer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's some serious progress...keep it up
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!

Wednesday 4/2/08

Leg hypertrophy day

Hack squat
    sledx10
    1 platex8
    2 platesx5
    2 plates+25x7 (PR)
    2 plates+25x5 (5th rep was rough)
    2 platesx7 (Quelly never lets me give up on this exercise)

Single leg SLDL
    50x10
    70x8
    90x8
    100x8
    Wicked hamstring exercise. Kept my lower back out of the exercise.

DB lunges
    No warm up necessary
    45(each hand) x12 steps each leg
    45x11 steps each leg
    45x10 steps each leg

Bench
    Bar x 12
    135x10
    185x3
    205x5 w/spot
    185x6

Motorcycle rows
    50x10
    70x10
    100x8
    90x7
    80x8

Calves
    leg press extension
    2 plates (each side) x 12
    4 plates x 12
    4 plates x 10
    4 plates x 8
    All reps are done with a pause stretch at bottom and explode up. Help for peak contraction.

Seated calf raise
    2 plates x 25 (fast pace)
    2 plates x 25
    Crazy smoked!
    Amazing workout
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Originally Posted by Squizzzer View Post
    that's some serious progress...keep it up
    Thanks!
    Keep on keepin on.
    For the first 2 weeks I was just constantly thinking of my injury and (I admit) I was scared to get hurt again.
    Now I think 'how hard do I have to work to get a taper like Adam.'
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome Todd!

Big improvements since January! Up up and away big brutha!

End of year goals?
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Awesome Todd!

Big improvements since January! Up up and away big brutha!

End of year goals?
    That's really a good question. My goal is to be 200lb and around 12%bf. As far as strength goals go, I really don't know at this point. I think 245 on bench, 315 on squat, and 315 on deads are realistic. The more improtant thing to me at this point (yes strength is cool) is to improve my physique and really develop my back, and legs/calves. I've seen great improvements already in this short period of time. Now I look like a guy who actually hits the gym lol
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Chest hypertrophy Saturday 4/5/08

1 hour spin class 8am

Noon
    Bench
    bar x 10
    135 x 8
    155 x 6
    185 x 1
    195 x 10 (PR)
    195 x 8
    185 x 10? could have been 9

Incline DB
    40 x 10
    60 x 6
    75 x 8 (PR)
    75 x 7
    70 x 8

Decline DB
    60 x 8
    90 x 5 (to heavy 85's would have been nice)
    80 x 7 (had elbows to far up and hit the pind on the bench 3 times)
    70 x 7 (blown out)

Pec Deck
    80 x 5
    120 x 12
    120 x 10
    110 x 12

On this day I also do low rep squat training for extra overall leg stimulation.

Squat
    Bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 5
    225 x 3
    275 x 3 (PR for deep squat)
    245 x 3

Smoked! Great workout. Both Eric and I hit PR's all over the place. Time to eat the house.

Hiked through Hidden Falls Trail with Fam and friends. 7 year old daughter ran out of the canyon (1.1 miles). I walked with friends dogs and had 9 year old daughter who talked to me about about fashion and hair the whole way. lol She carried my backpack last 1/4 mile. Good kid!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

with the numbers from this workout...your goal of 245 on bench and 315 on squat should already be pretty damn close...good job
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!

Back Hypertrophy Sunday 4/7/08

Pull downs as warm up.
    160 x 8
    Ready to get my dead on.

Deadlift
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    225 x 5
    275 x 1
    295 x 3 (PR w/o straps)
    295 x 3
    275 x 6 (pr for reps on that weight)

V grip pulldowns
    140 x 10
    160 x 6
    200 x 10
    200 x 9
    200 x 8
    This exercise was o.k. Hadn't done it in a long time. Feel it today in my biceps.

BB rows
    bar x 10 (back is pretty smoked from deads)
    135 x 8
    185 x 10 (PR. I suck at these. Try to keep my elbows pinned to my sides)
    185 x 8
    185 x 7

BB Shrugs
    135 x 10
    225 x 15
    315 x 8
    375 x 8
    375 x 8
    315 x 15

Seated Calf raise
    full 1 count full stretch pause at bottom. Explode up and hold for peak contraction.
    1 plate x 15
    2 plates x 10
    2 plates+25 x 15
    2 plates+25 x 15
    2 plates+25 x 13

Mixed feelings on this day. Yes I hit PR on deads (I still don't hit the bar fast on these). On his first working set Eric on the initation of his 2nd rep of 1st working set pulled his back out of place. Scared the **** out of me. I don't believe this was any big thing. Just to fast on the progression and him still dealing with injury. We'll have to go back to the black board on that one. He sees the chiro today at 10. So I'll know more after that. All I could think about that afternoon.
    Last edited by toddbz; 04-07-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

with the numbers from this workout...your goal of 245 on bench and 315 on squat should already be pretty damn close...good job
    Yeah I'm just wondering how long this progression will hold out. It sure is fun though.
    Eric and I always tease 'that deca is good ****'
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Registered User spawn fthr flex's Avatar
    spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawn fthr flex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sup yo! subbed for sure.. and lifts have been unreal as quell pointes out keep it up! oh.. and u better make that end of the year bench goal frickin higher fool! low ballin is my game lol not yours lol.
    NEW LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3686701

"how bout a warm glass of shut the hell up" - happy gilmore.

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Now I look like a guy who actually hits the gym lol

And that is an awesome feeling!

Awesome on the squat, and dead pr's. Ewww to hear about Eric, hopefully he can update us on this soon.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pull downs as warm up.
    160 x 8
    Ready to get my dead on.

Deadlift
    135 x 10
    225 x 6
    225 x 5
    275 x 1
    295 x 3 (PR w/o straps)
    295 x 3
    275 x 6 (pr for reps on that weight)

V grip pulldowns
    140 x 10
    160 x 6
    200 x 10
    200 x 9
    200 x 8
    This exercise was o.k. Hadn't done it in a long time. Feel it today in my biceps.

BB rows
    bar x 10 (back is pretty smoked from deads)
    135 x 8
    185 x 10 (PR. I suck at these. Try to keep my elbows pinned to my sides)
    185 x 8
    185 x 7

BB Shrugs
    135 x 10
    225 x 15
    315 x 8
    375 x 8
    375 x 8
    315 x 15

Seated Calf raise
    full 1 count full stretch pause at bottom. Explode up and hold for peak contraction.
    1 plate x 15
    2 plates x 10
    2 plates+25 x 15
    2 plates+25 x 15
    2 plates+25 x 13

Mixed feelings on this day. Yes I hit PR on deads (I still don't hit the bar fast on these). On his first working set Eric on the initation of his 2nd rep of 1st working set pulled his back out of place. Scared the **** out of me. I don't believe this was any big thing. Just to fast on the progression and him still dealing with injury. We'll have to go back to the black board on that one. He sees the chiro today at 10. So I'll know more after that. All I could think about that afternoon.
    Todd glad to see you hit some PRs this workout...

**** it is just the season for injuries! Alberto, Layne, Squizzzer (what's new?) and now me...well as I sit here thinking of how I'll probably have 4-5 chiropractic adjustments this week with an ice pack strapped on 24/7 I can't help but smile and think of the future we all have....I am a huge believer that adversity brings character, and seeing the kind of attitude that Todd brings to the table after being COMPLETELY incapacitated multiple times from back injuries and hitting prs on deadlifts, seeing Albertro on the cusp of his natty pro card despite his back injury, seeing Squizzzer actually able to workout for more than a year straight without any MAJOR injury, and last but not least seeing Layne with a ****ing sling on doing leg press and ordering a special squat bar that he can use one handed, I feel completely unable to sit here feeling sorry for myself when I have such a minor injury comparitively...I'm fine....just gotta go light on the deads for a bit and put powerlifting on the back burner for a bit...so anyway...hitting up shoulders and arms tonight

Sorry to hear that Eric. I just keep telling myself this won't even matter in the long run. Adversity does bring out the best in us, let the healing begin.

By the way as it the same injury as last time?

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    **** it is just the season for injuries! Alberto, Layne, Squizzzer (what's new?)
    i was thinking the same thing....and dick...lol....
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!

Sorry to hear that Eric. I just keep telling myself this won't even matter in the long run. Adversity does bring out the best in us, let the healing begin.

By the way as it the same injury as last time?
    no worries...and the same....no....similar yes in that it makes the same muscles lock up and causes the same pain...but thank god its not the same injury...the first time I hurt myself i didn't even know it happened....I think i had a deep tear in some tiny internal lumbar muscle....hence the forever recovery....this time I actually felt and heard it pop, and basically just threw my lumbar out of alignment, probably strained some spinal support muscles and basically my body is total protect mode right now....I'll be fine in a week or two...back on the road to recovery from the original injury lol

Originally Posted by spawn fthr flex View Post
    sup yo! subbed for sure.. and lifts have been unreal as quell pointes out keep it up! oh.. and u better make that end of the year bench goal frickin higher fool! low ballin is my game lol not yours lol.
    Hey there brutha!!! Cool to have to guys checkin this out.
    Well I gotta make sure I can do it first lol

If you haven't figured it out by now I have no idea how to do the one response to a bunch of posts thing. Computers are not my thing.
    Last edited by toddbz; 04-08-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Todd glad to see you hit some PRs this workout...

**** it is just the season for injuries! Alberto, Layne, Squizzzer (what's new?) and now me...well as I sit here thinking of how I'll probably have 4-5 chiropractic adjustments this week with an ice pack strapped on 24/7 I can't help but smile and think of the future we all have....I am a huge believer that adversity brings character, and seeing the kind of attitude that Todd brings to the table after being COMPLETELY incapacitated multiple times from back injuries and hitting prs on deadlifts, seeing Albertro on the cusp of his natty pro card despite his back injury, seeing Squizzzer actually able to workout for more than a year straight without any MAJOR injury, and last but not least seeing Layne with a ****ing sling on doing leg press and ordering a special squat bar that he can use one handed, I feel completely unable to sit here feeling sorry for myself when I have such a minor injury comparitively...I'm fine....just gotta go light on the deads for a bit and put powerlifting on the back burner for a bit...so anyway...hitting up shoulders and arms tonight
    We are a ragged bunch aren't we. This ain't no thing though Big E. You'll be back to schoolin my ass in about 1 day (we train on Wens)
    Last edited by toddbz; 04-08-2008 at 08:22 AM.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

i was thinking the same thing....and dick...lol....
    I meant it in the nicest way
    You guys sure make it hard on the old dude lol
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

no worries...and the same....no....similar yes in that it makes the same muscles lock up and causes the same pain...but thank god its not the same injury...the first time I hurt myself i didn't even know it happened....I think i had a deep tear in some tiny internal lumbar muscle....hence the forever recovery....this time I actually felt and heard it pop, and basically just threw my lumbar out of alignment, probably strained some spinal support muscles and basically my body is total protect mode right now....I'll be fine in a week or two...back on the road to recovery from the original injury lol
    I still have effects from my deal...and it happened back in November. That's why I told Alberto to get his ass in to get worked on. It doesn't get better by itself.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Shoulders and Arms Hypertrophy Mon 4/7/08

DB Shoulder Press
    40 x 10
    60 x 6
    70 x 10
    70 x 8
    65 x 10

Full Range of Motion DB laterals
    10 x 10
    20 x 12
    20 x 10
    15 x 12 (these sneak up on you)

Cable Rear Delts
    25/side x 10
    35/side x 8 (to heavy form was getting kind of loose)
    30/side x 14 (what the hell? To light)
    32.5/side x 12 (perfect. have to work on these. Probably low from doing BB rows the day before)

Close Grip Bench Press
    Bar x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 5 (PR)
    155 x 11
    155 x 9
    Normally these kill my wrists. This time I set the bar lower on my chest and it didn't hurt at all.

Decline DB Roll Outs
    15's x 10
    30 x 14
    35 x 11
    35 x 9 (pretty stoked. Matched Eric on this move)

DB Kickbacks
    25 x 16
    30 x 15
    30 x 11 (ouch)

DB alternating curls
    25 x 10 each arm
    35 x 5 each arm
    40 x 10 each arm
    40 x 10 each arm
    40 x 8 each arm (got to workout wih Barb on this one. She's a trooper)

1 Arm DB Spider Curls
    30 x 14
    30 x 11
    30 x 11 smoked done!

Over all really good workout. I was extremely pleased with Eric's mobility. Considering 1 day earlier I though he might still be lying on the floor. Big PR on close grip. Normally we use 155 or 165 for me on this. I think we just forgot what I did before and put on 185. So cool I hit 5. Biceps and shoulders were a little fatigued from Sunday's back routine. Strength wasn't really there, but endurance was. So it's all good. Time ran way long with this one. So many new people in the gym tonight. Serious fatigue today. Triceps feel like I've got sandbags attached to them. Arms just feel heavy.
    Body weight 192.5 after workout
    Last edited by toddbz; 04-08-2008 at 09:14 AM.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

I meant it in the nicest way
    You guys sure make it hard on the old dude lol
    he was calling me a dick dude lol

Todd's chicken/tilapa picata

Todd?s tilapa/chicken picata

A few things first. When using chicken use the whole boneless skinless breast. This will make for a much juicer piece of meat. When choosing tilapa make sure that the line down the center of the fillet is reddish pink and not gray. If it is gray that part will taste like dirt. Tilapa should have a slightly sweet flavor. Secondly fish should always be cooked medium rare. The reason for this is that the cooking temperature is so low that by the time you get it to eating it, it will be perfectly cooked. I also suggest serving this with either a small pasta, couscous, or mashed sweet potatoes

1 large skillet w/ lid (for chicken only)
    Season liberally with kosher/sea salt and black pepper
    Pre heat pan to medium high heat
    4 trips around pan with extra virgin olive oil
    Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides
    Cover chicken and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until flesh is slightly firmer that the consistency of the meat of the palm of your hand (don?t flex it goofy)
    For fish cook on one side until edges are white in color. Then it?s time to flip. Cook on other side until flesh is just starting to brown.

Picata
    In same pan that meat was cooked use drippings
    Heat pan to medium high
    Add 2 jars pitted capers w/ juice drained (normal small ones at store)
    2 cloves minced garlic or 3 spoonfuls of jarred stuff
    Cook until you can smell vinegar from capers
    Add 1/2 cup white wine (good enough to drink) I prefer a young white wine.
    For non drinkers add ? cup chicken stock or fresh apple juice.
    Reduce for one minute. Stirring occasionally
    Spoon picata over meat and enjoy.

Macros
    1 chicken breast or 2 fillets per serving
    Pro- 40
    Carbs- 0 (count your pasta, etc. on side)
    Fats- 10

I figure I'll follow Alberto and put up some recipes also. Of course I don't bake, so he remains the one and only Berto Crocker.
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

he was calling me a dick dude lol
    Oh my bad. I just figured he kind of shot gunned that at everyone lol
    I can't kid on Adam to bad. He's like a younger version on myself. Only stronger, bigger, and less attractive
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Todd?s tilapa/chicken picata

A few things first. When using chicken use the whole boneless skinless breast. This will make for a much juicer piece of meat. When choosing tilapa make sure that the line down the center of the fillet is reddish pink and not gray. If it is gray that part will taste like dirt. Tilapa should have a slightly sweet flavor. Secondly fish should always be cooked medium rare. The reason for this is that the cooking temperature is so low that by the time you get it to eating it, it will be perfectly cooked. I also suggest serving this with either a small pasta, couscous, or mashed sweet potatoes

1 large skillet w/ lid (for chicken only)
    Season liberally with kosher/sea salt and black pepper
    Pre heat pan to medium high heat
    4 trips around pan with extra virgin olive oil
    Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides
    Cover chicken and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until flesh is slightly firmer that the consistency of the meat of the palm of your hand (don?t flex it goofy)
    For fish cook on one side until edges are white in color. Then it?s time to flip. Cook on other side until flesh is just starting to brown.

Picata
    In same pan that meat was cooked use drippings
    Heat pan to medium high
    Add 2 jars pitted capers w/ juice drained (normal small ones at store)
    2 cloves minced garlic or 3 spoonfuls of jarred stuff
    Cook until you can smell vinegar from capers
    Add 1/2 cup white wine (good enough to drink) I prefer a young white wine.
    For non drinkers add ? cup chicken stock or fresh apple juice.
    Reduce for one minute. Stirring occasionally
    Spoon picata over meat and enjoy.

Macros
    1 chicken breast or 2 fillets per serving
    Pro- 40
    Carbs- 0 (count your pasta, etc. on side)
    Fats- 10

I figure I'll follow Alberto and put up some recipes also. Of course I don't bake, so he remains the one and only Berto Crocker.

All logs should include recipes! Going to pick up some bird and give that a try. Berta Crocker, pumpking loaf for live ESE!

All logs should include recipes! Going to pick up some bird and give that a try. Berta Crocker, pumpking loaf for live ESE!
    Hellz yeah Hermano
    Viva la Loaf!!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

Team BK

Oh my bad. I just figured he kind of shot gunned that at everyone lol
    I can't kid on Adam to bad. He's like a younger version on myself. Only stronger, bigger, and less attractive
    lol...nah...that was just for eric...
    i gotta be bigger to make up for that less attractive part...
    NSCA-CPT

Getting THICK!