DaveWalton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First PH use ever...please help

I just bought a bottle of 4-AD (4-Androstene 3, 17-Diol) by Promatrix...capsules are 250 mg each. I was told to take 2 1 hour before workouts and 2 in the morning on off days. Is this the best way to take it and is the dosage correct? Also...should I be worried about side-effects? I've done a lot of research into this but can't seem to find a lot of info regarding oral 4-AD...the dosages to take, and when to take them.

Following the one month cycle I will be taking 6-OXO and bulgarian trib for a month and then back to 4-AD.

Feedback appreciated

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so the bottle has no label with directions?

it says to take 1-3 capsules daily...not too specific...hence my question: how much and when ?

Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DaveWalton View Post
    it says to take 1-3 capsules daily...not too specific...hence my question: how much and when ?
    start with one morn, one noonish.

if you want, go to three - just 2 preworkout...

this is a serious question right? youre not just ****ing with us?
    IFFI
    Forum perusal is a gynecomastia agonist.

Having trouble adding lean muscle without being nefarious?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141495711

Originally Posted by Voo View Post
    start with one morn, one noonish.

if you want, go to three - just 2 preworkout...

this is a serious question right? youre not just ****ing with us?
    Thanks for the feedback...and yes, this is a serious question. I've been working out for about 5 years now and I've made the decision to try using prohormones. After some research and personal recommendations...I decided to go with 4-AD as a standalone.

1 - Will 4-AD be effective as a standalone?
    2- Since I'm just starting...would it be appropriate to take 2 before workout on workout days and then 2 spread out on off days for the first two weeks followed by 1 in the morning and 2 prior to workout and then 3 spread throughou the day on off days?
    3- The fact that you thought this was a joke makes me worry...is this a bad idea or something?

Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Voo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the feedback...and yes, this is a serious question. I've been working out for about 5 years now and I've made the decision to try using prohormones. After some research and personal recommendations...I decided to go with 4-AD as a standalone.

1 - Will 4-AD be effective as a standalone?
    2- Since I'm just starting...would it be appropriate to take 2 before workout on workout days and then 2 spread out on off days for the first two weeks followed by 1 in the morning and 2 prior to workout and then 3 spread throughou the day on off days?
    3- The fact that you thought this was a joke makes me worry...is this a bad idea or something?
    1: of course.
    2: dont worry about getting complicated on dosages. keep it simple stupid, its the best policy.
    3: nah, i just, im an *******, Im sorry lol.
    IFFI

Originally Posted by Voo View Post
    1: of course.
    2: dont worry about getting complicated on dosages. keep it simple stupid, its the best policy.
    3: nah, i just, im an *******, Im sorry lol.
    Lol no worries at all, thanks for the help. So just to clarify...would which of the following would be better..keeping in mind that this is my first time using PHs:

Option 1

4 weeks
    2 caps prior to workout on workout days (500mg)
    2 caps (1 morning, one middle of the day) on off days

Option 2

1st 2 weeks
    2 caps prior to workout on workout days (500mg)
    2 caps (1 morning, one middle of the day) on off days

2nd 2 weeks
    1 cap morning, 2 caps prior to workout on workout days (750mg)
    3 caps (spread throughout the day) on off days

Which of the two would be better?

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would take 2-3 caps in the morning everyday and keep it at that.

Biotest used to claim 4AD could stimulate the CNS, so with that, it may give you a slight boost for workouts.

Either way, I wouldnt split the dosage up. But that's just me....

spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when do you wakeup and when do you workout?

just take 2 a day for a month. problem solved. its a better solution. stop confusing yourself with the facts.
    IFFI

Originally Posted by jdrannin1 View Post
    I would take 2-3 caps in the morning everyday and keep it at that.

Biotest used to claim 4AD could stimulate the CNS, so with that, it may give you a slight boost for workouts.

Either way, I wouldnt split the dosage up. But that's just me....
    Would 3 be okay even though this is my first time using PHs? Also, on workout days I should still take them in the morning and not 1 hour prior to workout?

Originally Posted by spicypickle View Post
    when do you wakeup and when do you workout?
    Generally workout around 2-4. And wakeup times vary...as a student I have a crazy schedule. But usually no later than 10 or 11.

spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) spicypickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    better question, how many pills in the bottle?

Im trying to offer advice, if you don't want to take it, go back to injecting gasoline and tonic water.
    **done**
    IFFI

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Would 3 be okay even though this is my first time using PHs? Also, on workout days I should still take them in the morning and not 1 hour prior to workout?
    You're 19? I would take 2 and have an AI on hand like 6 oxo - so if you notice excessive water retention or a puffy chest you can stop estrogen from climbimg too high with an on cycle AI.

If it were me, I would take 2 in the morning WITH FOOD and leave it at that. On second thought, I would add 1-2 caps of 6 oxo at night just to play it safe.

EDIT: I see you are 21. My advice is still the same.
    Last edited by jdrannin1; 04-03-2008 at 10:55 PM.

better question, how many pills in the bottle?
    60 capsules per bottle

You're 19? I would take 2 and have an AI on hand like 6 oxo - so if you notice excessive water retention or a puffy chest you can stop estrogen from climbimg too high with an on cycle AI.

If it were me, I would take 2 in the morning WITH FOOD and leave it at that. On second thought, I would add 1-2 caps of 6 oxo at night just to play it safe.
    Okay, well going by the advice here...I'll be taking two in the morning for a month. Is it imperative that I take 6-OXO during the cycle? I was planning on taking a 5 week cycle of 6-OXO and bulgarian tribulus after.

60 capsules per bottle
    yea, go with what these guys are sayin. 2 when you wakeup, run that for a month. also i noticed you said you'd only be taking a month off then going back on, just my opinion but it'd prob be better to take more then a month off, give your body a rest from supps for awhile.

Okay, well going by the advice here...I'll be taking two in the morning for a month. Is it imperative that I take 6-OXO during the cycle? I was planning on taking a 5 week cycle of 6-OXO and bulgarian tribulus after.
    It's not imperative. Maybe a good idea. It's up to you really. Experience is the greatest teacher

yea, go with what these guys are sayin. 2 when you wakeup, run that for a month. also i noticed you said you'd only be taking a month off then going back on, just my opinion but it'd prob be better to take more then a month off, give your body a rest from supps for awhile.
    Sounds good. How long of a recovery period do you suggest? Also...is 6-OXO and bulgarian trib a good recovery formula?

Thanks for the advice guys!

It's not imperative. Maybe a good idea. It's up to you really. Experience is the greatest teacher
    True enough :P. I'd rather not experience gyno and all the other possible side effects though. If you really think its a good idea, I will go with 6-OXO during the cycle. Will that screw up my recovery cycle at all though?

Sounds good. How long of a recovery period do you suggest? Also...is 6-OXO and bulgarian trib a good recovery formula?

Thanks for the advice guys!
    I would take 4 ad for 8 weeks and take the 6 oxo after that for 3-4 weeks and take 2 months off. Trib is fine.

True enough :P. I'd rather not experience gyno and all the other possible side effects though. If you really think its a good idea, I will go with 6-OXO during the cycle. Will that screw up my recovery cycle at all though?
    Nope

I would take 4 ad for 8 weeks and take the 6 oxo after that for 3-4 weeks and take 2 months off. Trib is fine.
    Perfect. Thanks a lot for the feedback...sorry for all the questions, I just really want to make sure I'm doing this properly. So...looks like I will be going with:

2 caps every morning for 8 weeks (with or without food btw?)
    followed by
    4 weeks 6-OXO and Trib

Perfect. Thanks a lot for the feedback...sorry for all the questions, I just really want to make sure I'm doing this properly. So...looks like I will be going with:

2 caps every morning for 8 weeks (with or without food btw?)
    followed by
    4 weeks 6-OXO and Trib
    4 ad and 6 oxo with food

4 ad and 6 oxo with food
    4 AD and oxo at the same time in the morning? I thought you recommended it at night?

4 AD and oxo at the same time in the morning? I thought you recommended it at night?
    I did. I'm just saying when you take them, make sure they both are taken with food.

I did. I'm just saying when you take them, make sure they both are taken with food.
    Alright, well take care and thanks for the info!