Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dangerous E View Post
    I refuse to be included in such statistics. I haven't lived my life, so how the hell can someone put statistics and odds on what I'm going to do. I can do whatever the hell I feel like doing.
    You are a statistic no matter what. You are 1.) Young and 2.) Married. Therefore, you fall under a Young Married Couple statistic. It's not really open for debate or opinion.

Originally Posted by audixe View Post
    Not really, I just think people need to be together longer than 2 years before getting married. Live together for 5 years and then see what you both want to do. I don't like odd's (in the way of sports betting for instance), because the only thing that matters is how you "play" at that time...that's it.

All you gotta do is find someone that makes you happy. Most of the time people say they are happy, but then you find out the back story and it's like they never even took a minute to look at all of the problems that eventually blew up in their face...
    Such ignorance is why most young marriages fail.

People do not take into account that people tend to grow more mature as they get older. You don't simply stop growing as a person the moment you meet the love of your life.

Which is why marrying at such a young age is not the smartest thing: odds are you are not ready to be with that one person the rest of your life. Most couples seem to realize that 5 years down the road, thus the high divorce rate for young married couples.

Its not only a matter of finding someone who makes you happy. I was happy with a girlfriend I had when I was 18, does that mean we should have gotten married?

juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here is a fun example:

My friend was 24 and so was I. He got married and kept making comments to me like "wait til u see whats important in life...", "when are you going to mature bro and be with one person you love", "this is what life is all about and you will just be unhappy"....

Wellllllllllllllllllll, he had a kid, got divorced, now pays child support, alimony, had to sell his house, gained about 50 lbs of fat and drinks too much....

I guess I really shouldve "matured"....idiot.
    Avatar Pic was from Oct 2008. Then gained some weight as all I do is WORK!

Started the 2013 Summer Cut in Decemeber. Was at 201 lbs after some nice gains....

12/12/12: 201
    1/4/13: 197
    1/31/13: 192
    2/15/13: 188
    2/28/13: 185
    3/15/13: 182

GOAL is 175 by 4/15/13....

"It never occurs to me that there are things that I can't do."

Failure is not defeat...Defeat is accepting failure as the final outcome...
    -Me

Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by juice1348 View Post
    Here is a fun example:

My friend was 24 and so was I. He got married and kept making comments to me like "wait til u see whats important in life...", "when are you going to mature bro and be with one person you love", "this is what life is all about and you will just be unhappy"....

Wellllllllllllllllllll, he had a kid, got divorced, now pays child support, alimony, had to sell his house, gained about 50 lbs of fat and drinks too much....

ROFL.

i really think marriage is an illegal contract for so many reasons. People who are in "love" are not of a sober mindstate.

audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ellimist View Post
    Its not only a matter of finding someone who makes you happy. I was happy with a girlfriend I had when I was 18, does that mean we should have gotten married?
    Same thing here and she wanted to be married by now. Good thing I dumped her. I agree with what you are saying, but you gotta realize all of these divorces are because of society today and this thinking of "not being happy with one person." Look at previous society's and in the past and how well everything seemed to have worked. That's because the men were in charge and actually took care of their family's, which is probably why it worked.

People just have too many options now and can't make a decision on one thing. I personally would rather take the chance of finding someone who I can confide in as long as I live, to expand my own family. I'd rather not be the person who gives up from the beginning, like most of you already have and get married, WHEN I'M READY.

And by everyone's responses, I'm assuming most of you people don't believe in god? That is a lot of my basis for my decisions, but not only. It works for me...
    For every egg yolk you don't eat, I'll eat three.

audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) audixe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Here is a fun example:

Sounds like your friend is the idiot for letting that happen. He's probably as retarded as you. Hope you've been checked for STD's lately

Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Feny View Post

You can't tell me you NEVER had any resentment or other issues because your parents split...
    Actually no I dont...I really could care less. If anything I think I am a better person for being raised the way I was.

My dad was a dick....why would I want him around?

Given the chance I wouldnt change a thing.

Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nasty1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like your friend is the idiot for letting that happen. He's probably as retarded as you. Hope you've been checked for STD's lately

Yes cause you cant get a STD when your in a committed relationship (marriage)......its called cheating hoss.

For my self though I go 2 times (every 6 months) a year and have been for sometime now. I like to keep my clean bill of health.

Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ellimist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same thing here and she wanted to be married by now. Good thing I dumped her. I agree with what you are saying, but you gotta realize all of these divorces are because of society today and this thinking of "not being happy with one person." Look at previous society's and in the past and how well everything seemed to have worked. That's because the men were in charge and actually took care of their family's, which is probably why it worked.

People just have too many options now and can't make a decision on one thing. I personally would rather take the chance of finding someone who I can confide in as long as I live, to expand my own family. I'd rather not be the person who gives up from the beginning, like most of you already have and get married, WHEN I'M READY.

And by everyone's responses, I'm assuming most of you people don't believe in god? That is a lot of my basis for my decisions, but not only. It works for me...
    Don't get me wrong: I completely agree that marriage is a great idea. I'm not trying to bash people who get married at all, and I'm sorry if I came across like that.

And I completely agree with everything you just said here, especially the bold.

I'm just trying to state the obvious when it comes to getting married young: a large reason why people view my generation as being a bunch of ignorant screw-ups is because most of them make hasty decisions (like getting married young) and ignoring all the warning signs that were given to them.

Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Al_Pal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

marriage within in the institution it currently sits is predestined to fail. Humans are not monogamous creatures. throughout the history of our species we never have been. we have had mating partners, most of the time multiple, but we always moved on. Marriage used to work a lot better because religion was used as a way to control instincts. As more and more reject religion, less people will get married and more people will get divorced.

marriage goes not only against logic, but also nature.

juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) juice1348 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yup, Im retarded because:

A) Im happy, not even close to lonely, and dont need some woman to bring me down

B) I recite statistics and odds that are FACTS

C) My happiness can be from my own accomplishments (my business, my house, my day job, my friends etc) and I dont need a girl to 'reassure' me or even take credit for my own feats

Which one is the reason Im retarded bro? For a 'retard' I do pretty well in my life.
    Avatar Pic was from Oct 2008. Then gained some weight as all I do is WORK!

Started the 2013 Summer Cut in Decemeber. Was at 201 lbs after some nice gains....

12/12/12: 201
    1/4/13: 197
    1/31/13: 192
    2/15/13: 188
    2/28/13: 185
    3/15/13: 182

GOAL is 175 by 4/15/13....

"It never occurs to me that there are things that I can't do."

Failure is not defeat...Defeat is accepting failure as the final outcome...
    -Me

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nasty1 View Post
    Actually no I dont...I really could care less. If anything I think I am a better person for being raised the way I was.

My dad was a dick....why would I want him around?

Given the chance I wouldnt change a thing.
    like i said... you're the exception.. Plus this is a bodybuilding website... most people on here are motivated to get past most issues...

i just think marrage is something more than just an extended **** buddy... unlike most of you here
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

Originally Posted by Feny View Post

i just think marrage is something more than just an extended **** buddy... unlike most of you here

And your entitled to that opinion. A lot of my very good friends are married (some already divorsed). I dont go around telling them "DONT DO IT!", its not my place or right to.

However they know how I feel as well. To me marriage it is nothing more than a peice of paper so people can have a "title". I for one dont care to ever get that peice of paper.

mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow

for most people....this is a spin off from Al Pals thread about dumping your chicks...

My feelings on marraige are...its stupid and you will end up miserable, possibly poor, paying alomony, child support or wanting to kill yourself...Marriage was brought about LONG AGO when people who were 40 years old were ELDERLY and about to die. That being said, its not natural to stay with one person for years and years. When the average life span was 35 years marriage was cool, but now, fuk it.

Now the other reasons why not to get married are below (just my views, lets hear yours!):

50% of marriages FAIL completely leaving 50% that 'work' out (number keeps getting lower year by year)...In that 50% that 'works', how many of those couple are truly happy, have cheated etc etc...gotta say AT LEAST 50% of that group which leaves 25% of good marriages now...of that group, Im guessing a good % of those peeps are simply ugly, unsociable or social retards so they fit know they wont be pulling anythign better than they have....

You do the math...I will stay single, date hot girls, work on my career, play sports til Im 60 and do what I want.
    The only reason anyone should ever get married is to have kids and even then it isn't required if you got your **** straight. Marriage is a prison usually. Even if your mate is the #1 stunner, rich as f***, and nice as ****, battles go down from pointless crap like why you gotta do things 1 way to arguing what channel to watch on the f***in telly.

Bottom line: Marriage = Prison. Marriage/children = Doable.

End of days.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Nasty1 - You are correct about the STD's, but I'm just saying (in a perfect marriage, which is not real, obviously) the less people you are sleeping with, the less of a chance you have. Assuming complete trust in one another...

juice1348 - I'm glad you live a good independent life and are happy. One of my best friend's are getting married now to this girl he's been with for probably 5 years now and I don't know why. They seem to hate each other and fight all the time. The best part is that they did webcam p0rn together...maybe that is "trust" haha. But either way, I'm sure they will be contributing to the divorce rate, but it's none of my business to say anything to them about it.

Technically you are saying you don't need a girl at all. That's true in every way, considering that you can use your hand for all of your pleasures as well. We don't need girls for anything except to carry on our name and human life itself. Although, I don't need materialistic man made things to make me happy. Life works perfectly fine for that.
    Last edited by audixe; 04-03-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Al_Pal View Post
    marriage within in the institution it currently sits is predestined to fail. Humans are not monogamous creatures. throughout the history of our species we never have been. we have had mating partners, most of the time multiple, but we always moved on. Marriage used to work a lot better because religion was used as a way to control instincts. As more and more reject religion, less people will get married and more people will get divorced.

marriage goes not only against logic, but also nature.
    Does that mean what Feny says is false
    kids are supposed to have 2 parents that love each other...
    what would happen to childeren if there was no love between the parents AT ALL???
    and only societies influence, but not what nature intended?

Originally Posted by Jenflower2 View Post
    Does that mean what Feny says is false
    and only societies influence, but not what nature intended?
    nature's only itention is survival... everything past that is a derivative of society.

CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000) CellTechRage is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's your opinion. To each his own.
    1\*

The more you sweat in training and practice, the less you’re likely to bleed on the street.

Be the victor - Not the victim

Sheepdog #57

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for most people....this is a spin off from Al Pals thread about dumping your chicks...

My feelings on marraige are...its stupid and you will end up miserable, possibly poor, paying alomony, child support or wanting to kill yourself...Marriage was brought about LONG AGO when people who were 40 years old were ELDERLY and about to die. That being said, its not natural to stay with one person for years and years. When the average life span was 35 years marriage was cool, but now, fuk it.

Now the other reasons why not to get married are below (just my views, lets hear yours!):

50% of marriages FAIL completely leaving 50% that 'work' out (number keeps getting lower year by year)...In that 50% that 'works', how many of those couple are truly happy, have cheated etc etc...gotta say AT LEAST 50% of that group which leaves 25% of good marriages now...of that group, Im guessing a good % of those peeps are simply ugly, unsociable or social retards so they fit know they wont be pulling anythign better than they have....

You do the math...I will stay single, date hot girls, work on my career, play sports til Im 60 and do what I want.

Marriage as an institution suffers because those who enter into it are becoming increasing selfish, self-centered and have expectations that are unrealisitic. As another poster said, you will be motivated to marry by virtue of the inspiration your mate provides.

The institution itself is fine. . .

Consider:

I don't believe in destiny
    Or the guiding hand of fate
    I don't believe in forever
    Or love as a mystical state
    I don't believe in the stars or the planets
    Or angels watching from above
    But I believe there's a ghost of a chance we can find someone to love
    And make it last...
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenflower2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nature's only itention is survival... everything past that is a derivative of society.
    What do you think nature intended the father's role to be in the child's life? If what you say is true, that we were intended to mate and move on then that means children would be left fatherless. Is this a hinderance to our survival?

Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yup, Im retarded because:

A) Im happy, not even close to lonely, and dont need some woman to bring me down

B) I recite statistics and odds that are FACTS

C) My happiness can be from my own accomplishments (my business, my house, my day job, my friends etc) and I dont need a girl to 'reassure' me or even take credit for my own feats

Which one is the reason Im retarded bro? For a 'retard' I do pretty well in my life.
    many people feel that sharing their accomplishments with someone makes it more satisfactory.

my opinion is you should be less worried about other people's choices that don't effect you.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you think nature intended the father's role to be in the child's life? If what you say is true, that we were intended to mate and move on then that means children would be left fatherless. Is this a hinderance to our survival?
    Not just to our survival, but to our culture. Playstation, the internet, and cell phones are raising an entire generation of kids, who find school an inconvenient annoyance.

The father's role has been devalued and replaced by government bureaucrats and socialist engineers.

gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500)
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

B.S. in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
    College of Health and Human Performance
    University of Florida

in most species only the mother is left to nurture the child until it is old enough to fend for itself.

if nature intended for men to stick around, why dont we produce milk?

igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by YUL View Post
    that goes both ways to. guys are untrustworthy too.

anyway, I feel that marriage is not the same when both partners are financially independent.

that's how I see marriage anyway, a financial contract.

I Grew up in Quebec, where civil unions are the norm and married wifes never take their husband's names and people have kids without getting married.
    true. works both ways.
    Get used to me. Determined, confident, cocky. My name, not yours; my beliefs, not yours; my goals, my own.

Intensity is my middle name.

girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) girlygirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    marriages don't fail because of statistics. marriages fail because most of the people getting married shouldn't be marrying one another, have ridiculous notions about what marriage is, and don't have the strength of character to make it work.

i think it's absolutely fine not to get married. but i think it's silly to say "odds are against you". this isn't a game of chance. you control your own odds.

there's a HUGE misconception in this society that if you love someone and want to live together, you should get married, and that love will make it work.

much more than love or attraction has to be involved; you have to have complementary goals in life; you have to be better together than you were apart. sometimes the sum is greater than the parts.
    appreciation (more than they know) to those who put up with my sorry excuse for a weight-gaining, booty-sculpting journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7622881

proud Misc Fire Team 2 recruit!

eating disorder private forum admin; don't hesitate to pm me for support/advice/information about my forum.

Originally Posted by girlygirl View Post
    marriages don't fail because of statistics. marriages fail because most of the people getting married shouldn't be marrying one another, have ridiculous notions about what marriage is, and don't have the strength of character to make it work.

i think it's absolutely fine not to get married. but i think it's silly to say "odds are against you". this isn't a game of chance. you control your own odds.

there's a HUGE misconception in this society that if you love someone and want to live together, you should get married, and that love will make it work.

much more than love or attraction has to be involved; you have to have complementary goals in life; you have to be better together than you were apart. sometimes the sum is greater than the parts.

Quoted for truth! And repped!

igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) igetSWOLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dangerous E View Post
    What odds? The fact that other people don't agree with my decision doesn't place me against any odds.

You guys are nuts.
    i dont think that because i ask questions and am somewhat skeptical make me "nuts" as you so eloquently put it. i look at the world around me and based on my (read: MY) experiences and observations i come to certain conclusions. that is normal of all people. does that mean because someone or some people fail or dislike at certain things, suddenly i am not going to try them anymore? fsck no. just because i watched jim-bob over there eat chocolate ice cream and hate it doesnt mean im like "oh fsck no, not that ****. not for me." i may be cautious. i may be skeptical. i may be cynical. but that doesnt make me crazy. that makes me intelligent. and you, dangerous e, have obviously come to your own conclusion about relationships and made the plunge, so to speak. thats great, i wish you luck and fortune. but i and possibly other skeptical members of this discussion might not have been as fortunate to find similarly special people who appeal to us the way your wife appeals to you.

everyone is different, everyone has lead different lives and weve all experienced vastly different things. im not wacko for not wanting to get married. its based on what ive seen and felt. im not lonely and im not insecure. i just dont feel marriage is important to me.
    Last edited by igetSWOLL; 04-03-2008 at 09:10 AM.
    Get used to me. Determined, confident, cocky. My name, not yours; my beliefs, not yours; my goals, my own.

Intensity is my middle name.

Originally Posted by girlygirl View Post

Hahaha, now this is getting ridiculous. Of course your life is in your own hands, and of course you control your own odds.

BUT YOU CAN'T DENY FACT!!! You just can't! If its fact, and a statistic, you can't say "I don't believe in it." It's real! It's been proven!

If someone says young marriages fail 50% of the time, THAT MEANS THEY FAIL 50% OF THE TIME!!

If someone says you have a 1/1000000 chance of doing something, that means ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU! It does not mean you are doomed for failure: IT JUST MEANS THAT PREVIOUS STATISTICS HAVE SHOWN A HIGH FAILURE RATE!!

NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    is the only way to validate your life with a female?
    This sadly is the mindset of the majority of people that post in this section.
    **New Jersey Crew (732)**

Don't run with the herd, run away from it.

Have an Android device? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140799641

snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just a few points:

- I was alot different when I was 22, and 27, and now 33..ALOT DIFFERENT...and so are just about everyone I've known since that age. This is why so many marriages fail for people who get married before 25, they dont realize it, but they will change..chances are they will not change together, hopefully they do but most dont and hence divorce...trust me I never thought I'd change like I have but you do, it's inevitable

- consider religion as a STRONG determinate when it comes to marriage...most people who get married very young have a strong religious background, as most religions consider marriage extrememly important and the foundation of society and a successful, happy, and WORTHY life

Most of my friends are married and are starting to have kids. Some are happy, some aren't. Most however seemed to have settled for their partner because of societal pressures to get married. Honestly, I FEEL THAT PRESSURE AS WELL. But I havent met someone I want to be with forever. I have once before, but it didnt work out. I'm dating and living my life, if I meet that person then I will know. I will not settle.