Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sophmore On Varsity Football?

Has anyone here played on varsity football as a sophmore? What was it like, how did the game change? Any helpful hints and tips and your experience would be helpful.

Thanks
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i played varsity as a sophmore...

but im just a kicker
    *WetBreast is gonna make it crew*

3k+rep back. (pls leave link)

follow my 2012 natural show prep for free reps! updated daily!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142482161

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by acm807 View Post
    i played varsity as a sophmore...

but im just a kicker
    LOL

cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I played kick off as a sophmore, and started as a junior....and yes it is very different...everyone is bigger, faster, and stronger.....my advice would be get bigger....and learn to hit harder and keep your head on a swivel....because as a sophmore on varsity you'll probably end up on special teams....also learn to block as well because being able to block will probably get you some playing time on kick and punt return as well....good luck

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    Has anyone here played on varsity football as a sophmore? What was it like, how did the game change? Any helpful hints and tips and your experience would be helpful.

Thanks
    i did, i started some games as an OL/DL. i cant really describe it, but the jump from JV to varsity is so much. the lights, the people, the competition. it was pretty overwhelming, and i was really nervous and first. i still get the jitters b4 games. all u have to remember is relax, u've got ppl older than you who're going to help you out. the game itself? its so much faster, every1s so much stronger. as i said b4, it was a huge jump from jv to varsity. but the biggest thing is to keep your cool and try your hardest.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbiedess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    i did, i started some games as an OL/DL. i cant really describe it, but the jump from JV to varsity is so much. the lights, the people, the competition. it was pretty overwhelming, and i was really nervous and first. i still get the jitters b4 games. all u have to remember is relax, u've got ppl older than you who're going to help you out. the game itself? its so much faster, every1s so much stronger. as i said b4, it was a huge jump from jv to varsity. but the biggest thing is to keep your cool and try your hardest.
    lol ya..i cant belive i forgot the lights, and the crowd......when i made my first start this year i was so nervous...but, i let the adrenaline take over and i had the best game of my life...

itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) itsmike428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The played receiver as a sophomore on varsity. Granted I didn't get much playing time, but I did get a couple of plays every game. It's a lot different from my JV year. The game overall was so much faster than I'd expect it to be. Basically the first game your going to play, your gonna be nervous like anything just try to calm down and play, but it won't help your going to be nervous no matter what. I don't know what position you play, but after you get one good hit on you. The game suddenly changes, once you get back up from the hit. The fact that you know you could take a hard hit and get back up changes the game, it won't be as scary anymore.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i started at RG as a sophmore
    C my junior year
    next year will be my senior year

like everyone is saying
    the players are a lot stronger
    and also they are smarter, have have a better grasp for the game than JV and freshmen
    also they are faster and schemes are a lot more complex
    ex: blitzing, blocking, routes...ect

also realize that u have seniors and juniors who, (if u are starting) are going to depend on u
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Oustide Linebacker 44 Dakidwondah's Avatar
    Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going onto a varsity team as a sophmore got any tips for a cornerback like moi?
    Position: Outside Linebacker
    'Pain is weakness leaving the body'

Originally Posted by cbiedess View Post
    I played kick off as a sophmore, and started as a junior....and yes it is very different...everyone is bigger, faster, and stronger.....my advice would be get bigger....and learn to hit harder and keep your head on a swivel....because as a sophmore on varsity you'll probably end up on special teams....also learn to block as well because being able to block will probably get you some playing time on kick and punt return as well....good luck
    I played freshman last year. I'm going to be a reciever and the only way I can move up is if i'm a starter. He wont just bring you up to play special teams. I'm not 100% positive if im going to be on varsity but I got some news from people that the coach's kind of know who their bringing up and someone said that they are almost sure that they are bringing me up. There is a freshman, J.V. and varsity level. If i go up I will be skipping the J.V. level. Thanks for the help

heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me it wasn't a huge change starting as a sophomore because our team had a few blowouts the year before and I had to start 3 games because of an injured qb my freshman year. I already had the feel for it. The main thing is experience, it seems like everyone else has it but you. Just go out there and give it your all, you'll learn what it's like fast.

Registered Shredder D-1Gladiator74's Avatar
    D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks
    I played my part time my freshman year (injured) and full time my sophomore year. I can't really tell you how the game changed cuz I never played JV before but the most helpful hint that you can give you is weight train a **** load when you are a sophomore to your junior year or freshman to your sophomore year so by the time you are a senior you will be an animal. The weight room does allot on the field more then people realize. It would help if the only sport you do is football so you can be lifting iron for 8 months a year before the season starts.
    BMW M6... $100,000
    Rolex Watch... $3,400
    Armani Leather Jacket... $700

The look on your ex gf's face after cutting season... priceless

There are a lot of things money CAN buy, for everything else there's bodybuilding.

Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zipsfb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dakidwondah View Post
    I'm going onto a varsity team as a sophmore got any tips for a cornerback like moi?
    I played varsity linebacker in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, didn't play my freshmen year... then was recruited to play college ball. All I can say is, as a cornerback, talk to the linebacker on your side and try to work as seamlessly as possible with them.

mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhsfball09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've started varsity since my freshman year but had to play a jv game after one of the varsity games one time and it was a huge difference from playing varsity the night before to going to jv. I played nt on d and they had to go through 3-4 different centers so lets just say the kids playing varsity r goin to be alot, alot, better especially if u played on a freshman team. Also the atmosphere is alot different, the game is alot more fast paced, and the people r alot bigger, faster, and stronger.

TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TNLB38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    i played linebacker, remember ALWAYS LOOK WERE YOUR GOING because theres always a big mother ****er ready to blindside you,

Keep Moving and keep head up and remember your Keys of what to read

Your gonna hurt so just prepare yourself for the pain of big mother ****ers hittin you.

Hit the weights as hard as possiable and get as strong as you can before the season, SQUAT SQUAT and more SQUATS and you will be ready to play.

All of this is from my experince last year.

as for a corner just dont get burnt and always be ready to help with a Running back bouncing out, i loved me Corners for atleast slowing the RBs down for me to get my Mad ass hands on the RB.

TriadKnight65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    i did at center and on kick return and if you ask me it wasnt much different maybe a little faster but they werent really much bigger than me.. maybe a little but not a whole lot
    15yrs old
    5'10"
    240lbs

bench: 245
    squat: 365
    deadlift: 415
    40: 5.34

I The Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I The Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I The Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played Varsity as a sophmore. Our team went undefeated 10-0, so I was lucky to have a group of guys who forced me to go 100 percent at practice.

Bump.

pghmyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does not change at all. It's all about determination. I'm an underweight player, ever since I started to play my Sophomore year. I play linebacker and fullback at 160 pounds. Seems small, but I was 3rd on team in tackles (and I did not start in 3 games because they thought I was too small). I make my blocks, and I know how to carry the ball.

It's just a matter of your determination to get better.

youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im goin to play varsity running back next year my sophmore year, if u ask if im starting i have no clue i have to see how spring goes. but spring should help break u in and i played the last 2 games on varsity so it helped alil bit with it

notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played fullback, more of a running back, as a sophomore on varisty last season. To me, it really wasn't as big of a change as i expected. The games are unforgiving, though. Where as on JV if somebody made a mistake you could kind of turn the play into something, on varsity if one person makes a mistake someone is getting nailed in the backfield.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    idk, maybe some people dont think there is much of a strengt difference because they dont play on the line

lineman are alot stronger
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, for skill positions I don't think its such a big deal. A couple games where I played linebacker I would get knocked on my ass from a huge lineman. That never would have happened on JV, where I was stronger than most lineman.

I wish the same were true of our line. Our returning right guard wrestled at 160 and our right tackle isn't much bigger.

xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes it embarrassing. Coach was like ok even though he is only a sophomore ive seen him hit, u will be surprised at what he can do opening kick off i run full speed and get wrecked. hahaah

dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dawgfan2653 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man, i started varsity as an offensive guard. the game is way quicker on the varsity level, compared to the freshman level. and idk where your from but here in ga football is king above all else. highschool football is huge! so the game is very competitive, and very hard. but i love it. i was about 6'1 and 215 lbs when i started then. its no big deal though. just be mean as ****, and try to keep focused on what you have to do every play. you will be fine.

xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xchampx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dawgfan2653 View Post
    hey man, i started varsity as an offensive guard. the game is way quicker on the varsity level, compared to the freshman level. and idk where your from but here in ga football is king above all else. highschool football is huge! so the game is very competitive, and very hard. but i love it. i was about 6'1 and 215 lbs when i started then. its no big deal though. just be mean as ****, and try to keep focused on what you have to do every play. you will be fine.
    im not from georgia or texas but i think texas has the most competitive football teams.

Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kut_Man07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I played varsity football as a sophmore, it was way different from freshman, bigger and faster players. The games are more intense and fun at that. I didnt play that much, but good enough to say I was on that playing squad.
    I dont train for reps, I train for failure (love to see my body fail after my hard day's workout).

WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did, and the best advice I can give you is to work your ass off during the summer. The transition will be so much easier.

Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mainelineman65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played freshman last year. I'm going to be a reciever and the only way I can move up is if i'm a starter. He wont just bring you up to play special teams. I'm not 100% positive if im going to be on varsity but I got some news from people that the coach's kind of know who their bringing up and someone said that they are almost sure that they are bringing me up. There is a freshman, J.V. and varsity level. If i go up I will be skipping the J.V. level. Thanks for the help
    my buddy started at center as a sophmore, but he's so big he still dominated. he has yet to dress for a JV game (he was the JV line coach on monday though). basicly, if the coach is going to pull you up then he thinks your ready, just do what you do and you'll be fine.
    wishes he could still play football.

fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    we have the freshman-jv-varisty thing too. i started the first game last year as a sophmore then got hurt then came back and played in the state championchip game but we lost. i didnt play any jv football but since you will be practicing with varsity the games wont be that much differnt. think about it at practice you play against your varsity team. you should be ready for the games