Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    ~ Iron Troubadour ~ Ronald A. Strahan's Avatar
    Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ronald A. Strahan's Hardcore Training Journal: Mr. America Build & Herculean Power!

~ Welcome to Savage Muscles ~

As I sit down to begin my comprehensive Hardcore Training Journal in dawns on me, I have blogged all over the net, I have videos on youtube, countless pictures on a number picture hosts, a shoe box full of hard-copy 4x6's from the Pre-Body Space era I have yet to scan into the computer and stacks of forgotten workout journals back home which contain some of the best memories of my life which I would be remiss if I didn?t share with the world.

It scares the hell out of me to think that what I write now will become final as I find the threads posts are not as easily edited as the body blog. But, you have start somewhere right? Well, I guess I recently found the role of the iron game in my life, I'll share that with you now...
    The vast majority of folks training with weights will never enter a lifting or bodybuilding competition. They train to enhance their ability in other sports of for their health. Some train for t-shirt muscles and appearance and others to stave off the effects of time. Many want to improve their ability to do grip tricks to impress friends and win barroom bets, of to compete in strongman events, Highland Games, stone tossing or enjoy getting together with pals and train only for their own satisfaction. Quiet a few approach the 'iron game' as a hobby and attempt a lot of exercises and out of vogue lifts from the 'old days,' collect antique weights and ancient courses, and are fascinated with the history of the game.? (Kelso. 2002.)
    Myself? I'm of the Garage Variety all the way, save a few body transformation contests. I've never entered a serious on-stage competition or done any heavy lifting other than to satisfy a personal curiosity of my own strength. I have a stack of what would be considered ancient training manuscripts that I get a majority of my ideas about exercises, splits and nutrition. It not only appeals to me as a lifter but as an arm-chair historian as well. I often feel like one of the old men in No Country For Old Men and have discussed with my ethics advisor, Sir Darin Bell, how I am merely one of the men that time forgot, forever looking to the 'old days' of yesteryear to tell me things about my future. Truly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

In the past I have, through my personal shortcomings, lost sight of the importance of fitness as a part of being an overall well balanced individual. You could say that the summer of 2006 was my downfall and summer of 2007 I began my resurrection.

I recently turned 25 and the more I grow and mature the more one thing comes to mind as a constant no matter my location, employment, or frame of mind; my love for the 'iron game'.

So, why post a hardcore training journal by a guy who will never make an impact on the fitness industry, a man merely content to build muscle, slash body fat, study any literature on the subject dated before 1970 and swear he will bring back a classic physique? Moreover, why would anyone read or reply to it?

Well, simple; for one I have so many projects going on right now that I need comprehensive thread post where I can place all things fitness and related in my life and everything I'm working on. Secondly my results have been met with a mild amount of response from others both on bodysapce.com and off-line who have taken notice of my progress and wish to know my training secrets so they may realize similar success and lastly; I love to write.

But most of all, I love the 'iron game' and what it has done for me and I feel like I owe something back to it, much like the local gym heroes who took my under their wings back in high school when I attempted max lifts on a weekly basis and thought pro-bodybuilders were 100% natural.

Welcome to Ronald A. Strahan's Hardcore Trainging Journal,
    Welcome to Savage Muscles

Please subscribe if you're interested in updates. I intend to reply to posts to this thread bi-weekly and post new material as often as I feel I have valid information to share, which will be very often as many nights insomnia gets the best of me and with a BA in Humanities I can find a way for almost anything to fit in fitness.
    Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 03-29-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Training for Strongman Nationals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=563799041#post563799041

Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronald A. Strahan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Long Term Goal: A Mr. America Build with Herculean Power

Long Term Fitness Goals

If I were sum up in a few words what I want to achieve through fitness it would read like this:

I want to posses a physique worthy of a late 1950's / early 1960's Mr. America muscle star with the power of Herculean strength.

I few weeks ago I sat down with my copy of Super Squats: How to Gain 30 Pounds of Muscle in 6 Weeks by Dr. Randal Strossen and Gaining Weight is Easy a 1958 publication by the Weider Research Clinic, both works had ways of projected ideal circumfrence measurements based on height.

If I were to get down right technical about my goals, it would read like this
    At 6'1", with a large frame, after comparing the reccomendations, my dream measures would look somthing like this:

Weight ~ 235lbs -245lbs
    Body Fat ~ 10% - 12%
    Neck ~ 18"
    Chest ~ 52"
    Waist ~ 34"
    Hips ~ 36"
    Arms ~ 18"
    Forearms ~ 15"
    Thighs ~ 27"
    Claves ~ 18"

While the Ancient Manuscripts do throw some numbers out there, Dr. Strossen gives a formula that I'll be using for my initial goals:
    The Squat, of course, is the cornerstone of your efforts to egt big and strong, so you practically need look no further than how much weight you are handling for your twenty reps of knee bends. You might be intimidated to learn that 150% of bodyweight is a good minimum figure for anyone who is really serious about gaining... The squat is the basic exercise, but to help you understand your strength goals here are a couple more suggestions: Aim for at least 75% of your body weight for twelve reps in the press behind the neck... At least 125% of your bodyweight in strict bent-over rows for a dozen reps, about the same for your bench presses, and try to keep your stiff-legged deadlift poundage even with your squats. (Strossen. 1989.)
    I said initial because Strossen goes on to explain...
    Once you hit all these training weights, you should have strength to spare in any task you'll ever encounter and, if you wish, you can really dig in and find out just how strong you can become. (Strossen. 1989.)
    At 235lbs, my strength goals would look like this (rounded up)...

Squats ~ 345 x 20
    Romanian Deads ~ 345 x 12
    Press Behind Neck ~ 175 x 12
    Bent-Over Row ~ 295 x 12
    Bench Press ~ 295 x 12

And at 245lbs, my strength goals would look like this (rounded up)...

Squats ~ 370 x 20
    Romanian Deads ~ 370 x 12
    Press Behind Neck ~ 185 x 12
    Bent-Over Row ~ 310 x 12
    Bench Press ~ 310 x 12

Basically what I'm trying to do is recreate the build of a taller classic Mr. America physique, say Steve Reeves or Clancy Ross with some all out, raw, strongman power.
    Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 03-29-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Training for Strongman Nationals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=563799041#post563799041

Past in Review 2006 & 2007

I intended to have this be all-inclusive however, I don't think I can work my complete Miracle 16 Week Transformation into this thread. My legal team and I have been working on that thread for a while, coming soon I assure you. However, in the spirit of honesty, I feel like I should breifly explain how I got to this point, and why today is the day I began my Hardcore Training Journal.

2006 & 2007

65 Pounds Weight Loss in 16 Weeks

Backlash!

Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 03-30-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Past in Review 2008 QI

Bringing it Up to Date, Quick Style:

February 2008:

March 2008:

Results so far This Year:

Body Weight
    1/31 = 242.8lbs ~ 2/29 = 237.8lbs ~ 3/28 = 248.0lbs

Body Composition:

Circumference Measurements

Chest: 1/31 = 48" ~ Chest: 2/29 = 48" ~ Chest: 3/28 = 49"
    Waist 1/31 = 38" ~ Waist 2/29 = 37" ~ Waist 3/28 = 39"

Body Fat

1/31 242.8lbs @ 18.2% Body Fat = 198.6lbs Fat Free Mass / 44.2lbs Fat Mass
    2/29 237.8lbs @ 15.8% Body Fat = 200.2lbs Fat Free Mass / 37.6lbs Fat Mass
    3/28 248.0lbs @ 17.7% Body Fat = 204.2lbs Fat Free Mass / 43.8lbs Fat Mass

Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 03-30-2008 at 03:46 PM.

April 2008 Projection

Between the boy I was before and what I'm gunna be
    There's a clash on the border
    A flame in the sky
    Girl that's where you're guuna me.
    -Meat Loaf

April 2008 Projection
    ~ Grow Like Hell ~

I went back over my notes and the goal was to get below 230 and then start to grow. Since I hit below 230, I'm up 21 pounds in 2 weeks. The goal of my "Grow Like Hell" program was to gain 30 pounds in six weeks. I will continue my growth phase at least through April and probably the first half of May. I will not be weighing in weekly and I may be cutting out weekly progress pics.

Because I shot up 21lb in 2 weeks, I doubt I'll hit 30 more over the next six, but damned if I won't take a stab at it. I know it's not popular in some corners of bodysapce but, I find body fat testing highly useful. With the same testing method I'm up 5.6 good pounds and down .4 bad pounds from end of Jan to end of March. I think I looked better on Feb 29. I feel like I've taken two steps forward, one step back so far in 2008.

At this point cutting weight makes me want to cut my wrists I think getting to 227 mid March was a good thing because I was testing a carb cycle, which obviously was very effective until I stopped doing it. Without that video, I'd second guess myself about it.

I think this is the time to stay on top of growth because my trend in my body fat tests show I can move my Fat Free Mass up, and rather quickly. Going back to the long term goal, if I was 235 @ 10% body fat that would be 211.5 pound fat free mass and 23.5lbs fat mass. I'm currently at 204.2lbs fat free mass. If over six weeks I can gain 10 pounds fat free mass, despite an added 20 pounds of fat, I'll be happy.

My cutting experience shows I know how to slash fat while preserving Fat Free Mass. So say I do that and come Late April / Early May if I'm 214.2lbs fat free mass / 63.8lbs fat mass. I'll feel like a fatty, yes... But I'll have about 8 - 10 weeks to shape up before beach season. I can drop 40lbs in 10 weeks, that's not a thing for me.

Also... Being supplement free so far in 2008, I sort of have a last resort Ace in the Hole! My lack of love for supplements makes me unpopular but hey, I can offer my progress pics as a testiment that through diet and exercise, it's possible to make changes without supps. Why they haven't kicked me off of bodyspace yet is beyond me. Everntually I will take supps but my philosophy is, perfect deit first, training second, supplements as a last resort.

~ Grow Like Hell ~

Now, I've been building my “Grow Like Hell” program for truly, just about two years. Before I was activated to full time duty on the border I was a personal trainer. One of the others trainers at the gym, Paul Heffern, ended up with a copy of Super Squats and he passed it on to me. If I may side track for a moment I refer to Paul Heffern as The Strongest Man in Nevada mostly because growing up in the Incline Athletic Club during my high school days, Paul was truly one of the local weight room heroes. He’d never talk about his records, because he’s old school, but I believe he has a 700 pound dead lift, confirmed competition. If I've ever made an impressive lift, I owe to guys like Paul, one of

Originally Posted by Ronald A. Strahan View Post
    the local gym heroes who took my under their wings back in high school when I attempted max lifts on a weekly basis and thought pro-bodybuilders were 100% natural.
    Now, why Paul passed the book over is beyond me but it's been preying upon my mind since I first read it. The synthesizing work I use with Super Squats by Dr. Randall Strossen is Kelso’s Shrug Book by Paul Kelso. A lot of the nutrition ideas I'll be following come from Gaining Weight Is Easy the 1958 Weider Publication I mentioned earlier as well and an untold number of late 50's / early 60's Mr. America & Muscle Builder magazines.

I know the “Grow Like Hell” program like the back of my hand, like I said, I've been working on it, and preparing my body for it, for close to two years now. I'll post it here just incase anyone who reads this is curious.

The Lifting Schdeule

Weights: A full body workout, concentrating on Big Boy Lifts, based on training principles for in the earl 1930's Heavy Breathing squats - every workout! Two or Three times a week.

Stretching: Full body stretching pre-workout and on days I don't work out. Neck stretches daily at work to prevent trap tightness.

Cardio: Not on this program! Ok, max 30 mins per day, low intensity, broken up around weight lifting to warm the joints before lifting and keep them loose afterwards.

Food Intake

On a perfect day-
    Meal 1: FiberOne, Activia, Apple
    Meal 2: Wheat Bread, Turkey Breast, Cheese
    Meal 3: 9-Grain Bread, Ham, Cheese
    Meal 4: Ground Beef, Cheese, Vegetables
    Meal 5: Egss, Bacon, Cheese

Liquids:
    1 Gallon Milk (Including Post-Workout Blender Bomb)
    1/2 Gallon Water

If I start deviating from this plan, eating too small of portions or skipping meals, I'll pull the plug on my growth phase and right back to cutting!

Pre-Workout Energy & Milk Additives

My Supplement Stack will look like this:
    Pre-Workout: 2 Caps Glucosamine / Chondroitin taken with 1 TBSP Collagen & 1 TSP MSM mixed with 2oz fresh squeezed lemon juice and 2 TBSP Honey
    Post-Workout: 2 Cups Fat Free Powdered Milk, 1 TBSP Wheat Germ Oil, 1 TBSP Gelatin, 2 TBSPs Lecithin & 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast Mixed into 1 Quart of milk.
    As for other supps, nothing for at least six weeks! I want to see what I can do with Food, Milk, Squats & Rest first.

Deviations

The real incentive is to see my goals accomplished. Based on my last Miracle Body Transformation, I've already experienced the character boost that accompanies seeing your goals to completion. Because I'll be on a growing / strengthening phase I see a place for cheat meal twice a week with this caveat: I can stray from my meal plan twice a week if I'm out on a date or have some other social obligation. There's no reason I should be pigging out alone in my room on two Costco pizzas (thank you Cable Curlin' Cinco Uno)

Journaling

To document... I like daily posting, it gives me something to do! Because I'll be cutting down the three workouts a week I'm going to try to log food intake daily. Twice weekly updates with dailynotes will probably be the best / most manageable. On days I don't lift, I'll either incorporate pics of meals (like me stuffing my face with a 1/2 pound meat sandwich) or motivational tidbits that went into my Grow Like Hell Program.
    Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 03-30-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Workout Posts: March 28 - March 31

~ Grow Like Hell ~
    March 28 - March 31

March 28, 2008- Grow Like Hell B-day

Big Boy Lifts
    ~ Barbell Bench Press 225 x 10 235 x 10 245 x 210
    ~ Barbell Row 185 x 10 185 x 10
    ~ Squats 315 x 20
    ~ Romanian Dead Lift 315 x 10
    Food Intake:
    0800: 1 Cup FiberOne
    1115: 2 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    1615 - 1815: Workout
    1815: 2 Cup Powdered Milk
    1845: 4oz Whole Wheat Bread, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    Liquids: 1 Gal 2% Milk, 1/2 Gal H2O
    Daily Intake: Pro 340g/1360 ~ Fat 175g/1575cal ~ Carbs 398g/1592cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 4527

In the spirit of honesty, last time I hit the gym was about a week ago and I tried to squat 315 for 20. I got it for 15, set it down, and then knocked out another 5 reps. Sticking to the resolve of 20 reps changes the game. I think I cemented myself as the guy not to talk to in the gym today as I let a few war crys out on the last few reps! That's alright, I was out at the gym at Naval Air Facility El Centro. Because it was a little later in the afternoon not many people were around. I like that gym because they'll keep my blender bomb in their staff fridge for me until I'm ready to start downing it post squats.

Getting 315 for 20 was a huge rush, I will say I walked a little taller on my way out of the gym. Next time, 325!

March 29, 2008- Abrazos Con Fuerza!

My Supplement Stack for "Grow Like Hell"
    Pre-Workout: Glusocamine/Chondrotin Cap w/ MSM & Collagen
    mixed into Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice & Honey
    Post-Workout: Nutritional Yeast, Powdered Milk, Wheat Germ Oil, Gelatin & Lecithin Granuals mixed into 1 Quart Milk
    Can you tell which additive didn't make it to the party?

Food Intake:
    1015: 2 Cups Powdered Milk
    1215: 1 Cup FiberOne
    1415: 4oz 9 Grain Bread, 6oz Ham, 4 Slices Cheese
    1730: 4oz Whole Wheat Bread, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    2200: 8oz 93/7 Ground Beef, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    0115: 4 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese

Daily Intake: Pro 469.5g/1878 ~ Fat 258g/2322cal ~ Carbs 457g/1828cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 6028

There's no scheduled arm work anywhere in my "Grow Like Hell" program. Why? Mostly because my curiousity breaks my desire for 20 inch arms, I'll work on that later. Even though, I met fellow bodyspacer fuerza_m at Calexico Fitness for a Vanity Arms workout. We had an awesome workout, I'll post in in my workout tracker later on, I'm only posting Big Boy Lifts for the duration of the program.

Good buddy workout. I noticed a great lookin' latina working out there when we were there, I recognized her as being "A", a giirl I went on a date with once and actually showed me where Calexico Fitness was in the first place. I was going to try to talk to her but she left before we did, maybe next time. I hate that, it's like mixing business and pleasure. But, wow, cute as hell!

March 30, 2008- Off Day

~ Super Squats by Dr. Randall Strossen ~
    ~ Gaining Weight is Easy 1958 Weider Publication ~
    ~ Kelso's Shrug Book by Paul Kelso ~

The three main works my "Grow Like Hell" Program is based on. As a retired perosnal trainer, I guess you could say that "Grow Like Hell" is my Senior Project. I will add quotes and tidbits from these and other works here and there for entertainment value on days I don't lift.

Food Intake:
    1100: 1 Cup FiberOne, Activia, Apple
    1415: 8oz 93/7 Ground Beef, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    1730: 4oz 9-Grain Italian Bread, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    2100: 4oz Whole Wheat, 6oz Ham, 4 Slices Cheese
    2200: 2 Cups Powdered Milk
    Daily Intake: Pro 460g/1840 ~ Fat 198.5g/1789.5cal ~ Carbs 498g/1992cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 5618.5

I missed a meal somewhere along the way, I hope to have the Food intake down by the end of week one. I hate to admit it but, it'll get a little better Tuesday when I go back to work, having to get up early helps, and if I hit the gym before work, I'll have no excuse!

March 31, 2008- Grow Like Hell A-Day

Big Boy Lifts
    ~ Press Behind Neck 135 x 10 135 x 10 135 x 10
    ~ Squats 325 x 20
    ~ Romanian Dead Lift 325 x 10
    1200: 2 Slices 9-Grain Bread, 4 TBSP Peanut Butter, 4 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    1600 - 1745: Workout
    1730: 2 Cup Powdered Milk
    1900: 4oz Whole Wheat Bread, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    2300: 1 pound 93/7 Ground Beef, 1 Cup Shredded Cheese, 12oz Mt. Dew
    Daily Intake: Pro 487.5g/1950 ~ Fat 259.5g/2333.25cal ~ Carbs 452g/1808cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 6091.25

God workout today, I feel I'm going nice and deep with the 'good ol' knee bends'. I also feel like my form is improving in the breathing romanian dead lift. Next workout: 335!

If you notice a break in eating between 1200 & 1730 it's because I was mucho flojo (lazy-ass) today. After that man's breakfast I laid down and took a nap from 1300 - 1400. Ain't that grand for a day off...? Wake up at 1100, eat, back to bed, I know how to grow baby!

Between my nap and workout a random knock came on the door, at first I thought it was house keeping (yes, I still live in a hotel) so I didn't bother getting a shirt. I opened the door and to my surprise, there stood "R". I haven't seen her since last year, she had spent me a message on myspace a few days ago saying she really needed to get a hold of me. I first met "R" at the Halloween party where I rocked the costume contest with the S on my chest.

Long story short...

When I was walking to the other room to get my shirt...
    "Superman," R asked me, "Are you gaining weight?"
    "Why yes," I answered her with a chuckle, "Yes, I am!"

1. Caloric Intake does not reflect condiments, spices, fruit or vegetables.
    2. It took me 3 months to prep my joints for these workouts.
    3. Drug / Disease Free since 1983

300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GOD DAM bro......u always impress me.......that is some crazy ass dedication......ill be following this for sure........and ur not using creatine at all??? No bcaas either???

and that diet..wooo....thats nice 4500+ cals.....Grow like hell....eat like hell
    >>Aussie Supp Misc Family<<

MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strong lifting there! 325X20 squats is awesome!
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118412991 (new)

Walafied Geeky Weightlifter/Gamer

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!

Iron Man!

Originally Posted by 300- View Post
    GOD DAM bro......u always impress me.......that is some crazy ass dedication......ill be following this for sure........and ur not using creatine at all??? No bcaas either???

and that diet..wooo....thats nice 4500+ cals.....Grow like hell....eat like hell
    No Creatine, No BCAA's, I'm not even on protein powder! No Underarmour, No Fancy Equipment, No Drug, No Machines, No Long Routines! I want to see what I can to with whole foods, rest, and milk, oh, and squats, for the first test run of my program.

When I start to get stale I'll mix it up a little and if needed, I might get on some show-tech.

I am using an iPod when I squat, thanks to your advice, tucking the earphone wire into the shirt helps a lot!

Originally Posted by MarvelComicGirl View Post
    Strong lifting there! 325X20 squats is awesome!
    Thank you! It looks like I'll hit my lower body goals before upper body goals. That's cool, the tree is only as strong as it's roots!

We're about a month out from Iron Man? are you excited? I know I am!

300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50) 300- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    glad i could help Ron..... If u have time would u mind just a short description of how the supps u ordered help?? and what they do...

" Glusocamine/Chondrotin Cap w/ MSM & Collagen
    mixed into Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice & Honey
    Post-Workout: Nutritional Yeast, Powdered Milk, Wheat Germ Oil, Gelatin & Lecithin Granuals "

i wouldnt use supps if i had the time to prepare proper meals.....but i dont have the time cause im at college full time....

MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you! It looks like I'll hit my lower body goals before upper body goals. That's cool, the tree is only as strong as it's roots!

We're about a month out from Iron Man? are you excited? I know I am!
    I like your thinking! A tree with strong roots lives longer and thrives better

May 2nd 2008! I'm pumped! Most of my friends aren't that into comics so I'll probably hit the theathers myself to go watch it like I did with the X-men movies
    My Journal:

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up The PM

Hi Ron - Thanks for the PM and the invite. I am honoured to be involved in such a unique project and will try to constructively help any way i can. Glad to see another man doing Romanian at big weights. I do them on a tuesday night , attempted 300 kilos last night but it was too much. Managed to get about 9 inches off the ground but i don't body armour , strap or glove , not even a belt - just "au natural ". Dropped back to the 250kilo and did supersets with Stiff legs and hack squats at 200 kilo instead. I am sure that i can get the 300 kilo but a 50 kilo hike up from a 250 pb in one hit was too much and at 51 years old , it was always a gamble. Let me know what you want from me over the duration of this - i will check this thread daily to see whats happening. I will also show it to my mentor , who began training in 1953 and was a comp bodybuilder - perhaps he will give an insight to me about it. Finally - good luck in this , its time to bury the past so deep , it can never ever resurrect itself and return. The past can never be allowed to metamorphasis into a phoenix , the past must be a dodo. Final word Ron : Get Big , Become the Beast - Now go to it and do it!
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

glad i could help Ron..... If u have time would u mind just a short description of how the supps u ordered help?? and what they do...

i wouldnt use supps if i had the time to prepare proper meals.....but i dont have the time cause im at college full time....
    Sure thing boss,

The Glucosamine / Chondrotin Cap, MSM powder, and Unflavored Gelatin are all about joint, tendon, ligament health. The fresh squeezed lemon juice / honey is sort of like a naturally occurring Gatorade. I start sipping it before my warm up and have it finished right before I start squats.

The Powdered Milk is basically a way to get more milk in. It can probably be seen as a out-dated protein powder, because I've been studying literature from the 50's, I'm running with it. Nutritional Yeast is really high in B12. Wheat Germ Oil is high in Vitamin E, linoleic acid and may lower cholesterol plasma.

Now the lecithin, Arnold mentions lecithin in the Dictionary of Modern Bodybuilding but he doesn?t give a great explanation of why to takke it. In Super Squats Dr. Strossen explains how some research on it a while ago proved it was very effective at the battling bad cholesterol. I'm not worried about cholesterol but because my daily food intake includes six eggs, at least a half a pound of beef, and over a pound of cheese, I'm going with, "It?s better to play safe than sorry."

Preparing all your own meals is definitely a full time undertaking.

Now, at six, if I decide to continue on the program, I'm going to look at ordering something with Tribulus or ZMA. It really depends how much sleep I'm able to manage around that time.

Originally Posted by MarvelComicGirl View Post
    I like your thinking! A tree with strong roots lives longer and thrives better

May 2nd 2008! I'm pumped! Most of my friends aren't that into comics so I'll probably hit the theathers myself to go watch it like I did with the X-men movies
    I see the majority of movies alone. I finally pulled up the trailer for The Incredible Hulk, it looks pretty good but, I still Ferrigno was the best Hulk there'll ever be.

Originally Posted by britonarius View Post
    Finally - good luck in this , its time to bury the past so deep , it can never ever resurrect itself and return. The past can never be allowed to metamorphasis into a phoenix , the past must be a dodo. Final word Ron : Get Big , Become the Beast - Now go to it and do it!
    Britonarius,

It's good to have some 'over the shoulder' training from seasoned gym warriors! My program has been missing a lot of that lately. I have a feeling that when I get shipped out to San Angelo, it'll be the same story.

I see the majority of movies alone. I finally pulled up the trailer for The Incredible Hulk, it looks pretty good but, I still Ferrigno was the best Hulk there'll ever be.
    I guess its better then going to the movies with people that keep asking questions all the time or guessing stuff the whole time haha.

I haven't seen the trailer for the newest The Incredible Hulk yet. I met Lou Ferrigno in philly at a comic convention. He seemed really nice but it must be hard to interact with people when your deaf :/ For someone in his 50 hes still really strong looking!

So how are things for you lately Ron? Hittin the gym
    My Journal:

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!

Workout Posts: April 1 - April 3

~ Grow Like Hell ~
    April 1 - April 3

April 1, 2008- Rest Day

~ 1800 Meal~

Food Intake:
    0730: 1 Cup FiberOne
    0800 - 1600: Work
    1045: Activia, 4oz Whole Wheat Bread, 6oz Ham, 4 Slices Cheese
    1430: Apple, 4oz Whole Wheat Bread, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    1800: 6 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    2145: 8oz 93/7 Ground Beef, 8oz Yam, 1/2 Cup Cheese

Liquids: 1 Gal 2% Milk, 2 Cups Goat's Milk 1/2 Gal H2O
    Daily Intake: Pro 455.5g/1822 ~ Fat 291g/2619cal ~ Carbs 462g/1848cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 6289

I think my meals were spaced out appropriately over the day. I didn't manage to get the 2 cups powdered milk in, but I had two cups of goat's milk in lieu. I feel thick and I know my waist in growing, but at the same, time feel like I'm growing all over.

April 2, 2008- Grow Like Hell B-Day

Big Boy Lifts
    ~ Incline Barbell Press 205 x 10 215 x 10
    ~ Barbell Rows 205 x 8 205 x 10 205 x 10
    ~ Squats 335 x 20
    ~ Romanian Dead Lift 335 x 20
    0645: 2 Slices 9-Grain Bread, 4 TBSP Peanut Butter, 4 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    0800-1600: Work
    1045: Activia, 8oz 93/7 Ground Beef, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    1445: Apple, 4oz 9 Grain Bread, 6oz Ham, 4 Slices Cheese
    1800-2000: Workout
    2100: Grande Tortilla, 6oz Machaca, 3 eggs, 1/4 Cup Cheese, Grande Horchata
    Daily Intake: Pro 439.5g/1758 ~ Fat 300.25g/2706.75cal ~ Carbs 456g/1824cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 6091.25

I woke up early today, but not early enough to get a workout in, so I had a nice big breakfast instead. Work beat me like a drum today. I ended up taking a nap for about 40 minutes before my workout. There were some Mom-isms running through my mind on the way to the gym today... 335 is too much to squat for 20, it's too soon... Your orders haven't come through yet and if you blow your back out you're screwed because you're not covered by medical insurance... go back to the cave and workout tomorrow... They had all fallen away by the time I got to the gym.

15 minutes of pedaling the bike and a good amount of stretching later, I was ready to hit it. I surprised myself in the Incline Bench; 205 wasn't exactly light, but it wasn't heavy enough that to stop me from trying 215. Around 8 it got pretty heavy and I heard some faith music coming from a set of ear-buds... "How cool," I thought to myself, "someone stepped in to spot." I got another two and racked the weight and thanked the guy for stepping in. I set up to do Barbell Rows and when I was resting in between sets the guy who spotted me asked me if I was stacking anything. "Just whole food, lots of rest, basic movements and a gallon of milk a day," I told him.

He told me he just to be a trainer but he was never able to make himself blow up, we spoke for about 5 minutes... cabbages & kings... I used to be a trainer as well. Because I'm about to loose my job and on back to living on the couch, I wonder if it's a path I should pursue again? I guess I'm a semi-retired trainer as my certification and training insurance expired in 2005. I don't know... It didn't seem like the people who certified me last time did anything other than charge processing fees, application fees, maintenance fees, fee fees, you get the point. How much can you really learn from an open book test through the mail? I digress.

On to squats; I hit 335 today. They felt pretty heavy but pretty good! I think I'm starting to get the groove of the Breathing Stiff Leg Dead Lifts as well. I'm ready to pass out, from lack of oxygen at the end of either set of leg work. I skipped calves today, I think I'll hit up Jacques 'n Jill's tomorrow and stretch out and hit calves. For me there is a social side to exercise that I feel I've been missing out on a little since I cut down to three workouts a week.

April 3, 2008- Rest Day

~Currently at 256, up from 227 in 21 days - Is this progress? I'm not sure~

Food Intake:
    0800-1600: Work
    0830: 1 Cup FiberOne
    1045: Activia, Wheat Roll, 6oz Ham, 5 Slices Cheese
    1400: Wheat Roll, 6oz Turkey Breast, 4 Slices Cheese
    1730: 6 Slices Bacon, 6 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cheese
    1900: Grande Horchata
    Daily Intake: Pro 384g/1536 ~ Fat 255g/2295cal ~ Carbs 457/1828cal
    Total Caloric Intake: 5659

Got on the scale this evening to see 256.8 pounds, puts me up 29 pounds in 21 days. I feel like a stuffed pig. My immediate knee jerk reaction is to cut down, good thing I anticipated this and went grocery shopping before the weigh-in. I will be staying on the "Eat Like Hell" Plan (thank you 300-) for at least another week.

I will, however, be taking tomorrow off from the diet plan. Consuming around 6,000 calories a day is a tremendous burden, I'd even say a Herculean Labor. Didn't make it to the gym to do claf work today, I was afraid if I went I'd end up doing an hour of cardio- not what I need right now.

1. Caloric Intake does not reflect condiments, spices, fruit or vegetables.
    2. It took me 3 months to prep my joints for these workouts.
    3. Drug / Disease Free since 1983
    Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 04-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.

JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OH my gosh. My stomach is churning just reading a few of your menus! You are a machine!!!

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ron -I am not a diet expert but the weight gain seems too much , too quick. Thats got to be a high % of fat! Is fat what we need?
    I like the weights , 335lbs on the Rom. deads is a nice weight. Did it feel heavy after the 1st one or comfortable? If it was comfortable - squeeze another 10lbs out.
    Good luck - keep lifting
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Originally Posted by JJanet View Post
    OH my gosh. My stomach is churning just reading a few of your menus! You are a machine!!!
    I try! Thanks for dropping by.

Ron -I am not a diet expert but the weight gain seems too much , too quick. Thats got to be a high % of fat! Is fat what we need?
    I like the weights , 335lbs on the Rom. deads is a nice weight. Did it feel heavy after the 1st one or comfortable? If it was comfortable - squeeze another 10lbs out.
    Good luck - keep lifting
    Britonarius,

too much too quick was the same thing I was thinking when I got on the scale last Thursday. I took Friday off, not off in the sense that I had on off day and pigged out, off in the sense that I didn't eat much at all. To get 6,000 calories in a day, you've got to want to do it. I was indecisive about it so Friday, I just relaxed.

Yesterday morning I was under 250, which makes me think it was a bad idea to get on the scale Thursday in the evening. Oh well, what's done is done. My conclusion Friday, after much thought, was to give the unadulterated growth plan one more week, as that will be 4 weeks total on the "Grow Like Hell" Program.

So, Starting the week of the 13th, when I go back to swing shifts, I'll deviate from "Grow Like Hell" This will not be a great deviation from "Grow Like Hell". I will, however, be cutting down to 3,750 calories a day. I will be continuing to do the "Grow Like Hell" exercises, sets and reps but with a different split. A-Days will be lower body, B-Days will be upper body, six workouts a week. I do miss hitting the gym daily so I think cutting the workouts in half will give me the opportunity to do so again.

On poundage? I aim at keeping the Squats / Romanian Dead Lift weight the same and add 5 or 10 pounds to the bar every workout. So far it's been spot-on. Eventually I'll hit a vapor-lock in the squat where I squat down and just can't come back up, I have a plan in place for when it happens. I will, of course, describe it in detail when I have to employee it.

Thanks for the meaningful post Jack!

The 5 to 10 lbs increases is a good plan , i recently went for a massive hike of 110lbs extra on the bar and failed. I could only get her up 9 inches , that was at 660lbs deads , my normal for reps is 550lbs. One has to remember that my deads are supersetted with hack squats , Romanian deads and Stiff Legged deads at 550lbs in combo with Hacks at 440lbs. I feel given my weight bearing ability and the input of my mentor, that you will probably achieve higher weights in deads than in hacks.I have seen hacks done at 700kilos [ 1540lbs] but they were not deep hacks , they were shallow.The secret to good hacks is depth and i find that a slightly faster descent coupled with a slow even ascent helps . Too often people attempt them at too great a speed. The hack definitely benefits from a slower pace ratio.
    Good luck on this Ron - excuse my diet input but i feel that things should be bought to light if one forsees a problem.

Hacks!

The 5 to 10 lbs increases is a good plan , i recently went for a massive hike of 110lbs extra on the bar and failed. I could only get her up 9 inches , that was at 660lbs deads , my normal for reps is 550lbs. One has to remember that my deads are supersetted with hack squats , Romanian deads and Stiff Legged deads at 550lbs in combo with Hacks at 440lbs. I feel given my weight bearing ability and the input of my mentor, that you will probably achieve higher weights in deads than in hacks.I have seen hacks done at 700kilos [ 1540lbs] but they were not deep hacks , they were shallow.The secret to good hacks is depth and i find that a slightly faster descent coupled with a slow even ascent helps . Too often people attempt them at too great a speed. The hack definitely benefits from a slower pace ratio.
    Good luck on this Ron - excuse my diet input but i feel that things should be bought to light if one forsees a problem.
    You Sir,

Are a true Iron Warrior, attempting to jump 110 pounds on a lift takes sand! ! I personally can't hit hacks, either I wasn't made for them or I haven't found the right machine. I look forward to hearing that you hit 660 in the deads!

The diet input brought many thing to light. I had another day of light eating. I read in an old muscl book that you cannot commin half-heartedly to a growth program and at this point, with my belly kinda flabby and my hair kinda gray, my hear isn't in the diet part. I will be cutting down my portions throughout the week, getting back in the gym for the 'remixed' workouts tomorrow, and by the time I switch to swings I should be running like a well oiled machine, but a lifting machine, not an eating one this go-round.

Always a pleasure to have your input!

JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10) JJanet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you're making a wise choice.

Unhappy Pulling the Plug on Grow Like Hell

Originally Posted by JJanet View Post
    I think you're making a wise choice.
    Thank you JJanet! I think so too, at least I hope so.

I was looking in the mirror today and I look closer to the way I did on July 1, 2008 than I did on October 20, 2008. I've been off the chase for some time now and simply, I need to get back in the saddle. I have to put "Grow Like Hell" on the shelf, it's too powerful and this is not the right time! I made the mistake of not jupming onto the program when I hit 227 on March 14th. Since then I've got fat and I need to pull the plug.

Looking through my photos today, namely my 'before' & 'afters' from 2007, I realize that I've moved backward and in relfecting I remember when my diet / exercise was 'on', the rest of my life was 'on' too.

~Mr. America. p. 29. June, 1960.~

I have a very competetive spirit, mostly with myself! I'm currently entered in a Recomp. Contest which runs through August 31. It's been 5 bad days. I didn't make it to the gym today, I didn't eat much, I spent most of the day srufing BodyBuilding.com & MuscleTech.com and today I decided to make use of my competetive spirit by entering the MuscleTech contest.

What I'll do is a bomb/blitz 8 week attack for the MT contest and then really focus on maintaining (for once in my life) through the end of August. September / October timeframe, Halloween is the incentive factor, I've already ordered the Reeves suite, waiting to hit target weight / measurements to send for it's construction.

The other factor here is zeroing in on my diet / exercise will force me to be achieve goals in other areas of my life. I'll be going through a big transition, career wise, in the comming months. My current orders end June 30th, then I'll be doing one weekend a month duty until I get sent to Texas for 6 months of retraining which will be in July or August of this year. If I play my cards right I can get re-certified before I move back to Nevada and train my old clients for a month of two before Texas.

Now, I need some sleep. I'll pull out a calendar tomorrow, jot down some notes, place my MT order, maybe even apply for the Certification material.

Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 04-08-2008 at 02:08 AM.

There are times that strategy needs to be rethought and i am glad that you come to the same conclusion.Personally the best way would be to - wait i'll keep that for another time.

Good luck - keep lifting
    IMO hes doin the right thing maybe 5000 calories instead of 6000 but hes gaining alot of strength with his diet....and hes def gained some mass...i dont think gaining much fat is an issue here as ron is a pro when it comes to shredding......the only thing i would maybe say is increase the volume with this increase in cals.... im on about 4000 cals and ive amped my sets up to 20 sets per body part..

keep it up Ron bud

Sure thing boss,

The Glucosamine / Chondrotin Cap, MSM powder, and Unflavored Gelatin are all about joint, tendon, ligament health. The fresh squeezed lemon juice / honey is sort of like a naturally occurring Gatorade. I start sipping it before my warm up and have it finished right before I start squats.

The Powdered Milk is basically a way to get more milk in. It can probably be seen as a out-dated protein powder, because I've been studying literature from the 50's, I'm running with it. Nutritional Yeast is really high in B12. Wheat Germ Oil is high in Vitamin E, linoleic acid and may lower cholesterol plasma.

Now the lecithin, Arnold mentions lecithin in the Dictionary of Modern Bodybuilding but he doesn?t give a great explanation of why to takke it. In Super Squats Dr. Strossen explains how some research on it a while ago proved it was very effective at the battling bad cholesterol. I'm not worried about cholesterol but because my daily food intake includes six eggs, at least a half a pound of beef, and over a pound of cheese, I'm going with, "It?s better to play safe than sorry."

Preparing all your own meals is definitely a full time undertaking.

Now, at six, if I decide to continue on the program, I'm going to look at ordering something with Tribulus or ZMA. It really depends how much sleep I'm able to manage around that time.

Britonarius,

It's good to have some 'over the shoulder' training from seasoned gym warriors! My program has been missing a lot of that lately. I have a feeling that when I get shipped out to San Angelo, it'll be the same story.
    thnx for that bro......it was real interesting....can see uve done some serious research and going back to natural old school **** which is awsome......hopefully u find itll work...let me know during ur posts how the supps are working......

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

hey mi amigo ,very good luck in the MT contest

It takes a lot of courage to change your goals, once you have already set your heart on it. Bravo for doing just that!

More on Pulling the Plug....

Originally Posted by Mighty_Metcalf View Post
    Now for your eating and current goals I'm confused why did you lose all the wieght to put it right back on, then your gonna have to restrip it off, aren't you worried about the effects that can wrek havoc on your body from doing so? I think I asked this before and you did a vlog on it but I forget, I know you know what your doing but to me it seems kinda counter productive to purposely cut the wieght then put it on only to cut it again.....enlighten me, I cant check your video right now this comp SUX!!
    The thinking was to get below 230 by Mid-March and then begin the 'Grow Like Hell' Program. I hit 227 March 14th and I didn't start 'Grow like Hell' Until a good 10 days later. Those seven days I made some huge mistakes:
    1. I quit doing cardio, save ten minutes warm-up on the recumbent.
    2. No diet conisderation for diet at al.
    3. In frequent workouts - Strong! But infrequent.
    And then about March 21 I started pounding the 6,000 cal / day. What really messed me up was that week when my schedule was all jacked up.

So, my weigh-in last Thursday showed 256, about 30 pounds in three weeks. 30 bad pounds. It's been vexing me, I'm in a slump, I haven't hit the gym, or eaten much of anything since. My weigh-ins over the Comp Look like this so far:
    1/31: 242.8
    2/9: 229.8 @ 18.2% 198.6 Fat Free / 44.2 Fat
    2/16: 229.4
    2/23: 228.6
    2/29: 234.2 @ 15.8% 200.2 Fat Free / 37.6 Fat
    3/3: 241.0 (After a 72 Hour Carb Load)
    3/6: 235.4
    3/9: 233.4
    3/14: 227.2 (Quit Cardio, Jacked-Up Work Schedule)
    3/22: 244.4
    3/28: 248.0 @ 17.7% 204.2 Fat Free / 43.8 Fat
    4/3: 256.8 (Up about 30lbs in 3 Weeks)
    The only saving grace I have is that from 2/1 to 3/28 my Fat Free Mass went up six pounds. (Pics on page 7) I've been on this trend for a while of two good weeks, two bad weeks, for a while. What I should have done after the 14th was stay on the cut-diet through the jacked up work weeks and done some cardio over that period, then, when the dust had settled, I should have started 'Grow Like Hell.' I know what I'm going, I just didn't make good decisions between 3/14 & 3/22.

At this point, I need to put the program on a shelf, it's too powerful; for me now. I haven't been in the gym for 5 days, I'll get back in today. I don't believe in moderation - it's a character flaw - and it's spills over to my workouts, either all cut or all growth. I think it would haven went perfectly fine if I wouldn't have f**ked up the last to weeks in March.

I'm not ready to go back to cutting... Not allowing myself to grow anymore... Looks like it's time to focus on strength and play with carb-cycling (which I did from 2/26 - 3/14 with good results) I dunno, I have OCD so I can't really begin a new program until Sunday or Monday, so I have a few days to think about it, but UI will be back in the gym today, Heavy Lifts still on the schedule.

Note: Jadda, thanks alot for that message! It's good to have you back on the boards. I know you're busy as hell with things that really matter, thanks for dropping by! I'm also going to post this in my Hardcore Training Journal Thread, The one I started to "Pass the Torch" to when this comp is over.

There are times that strategy needs to be rethought and i am glad that you come to the same conclusion.Personally the best way would be to - wait i'll keep that for another time.
    Good input, I realize that I don't have an 'exit plan' for one - three months of unemployment, need to focus on that, and slicing the throat of the pheonix! As a 'recovering' rolie-polie, I was having flashbacks to 283.5 @ 30% and it was nipping at my heels.

To...? I'll look forward for when the time comes for that to be finished.

IMO hes doin the right thing maybe 5000 calories instead of 6000 but hes gaining alot of strength with his diet....and hes def gained some mass...i dont think gaining much fat is an issue here as ron is a pro when it comes to shredding......the only thing i would maybe say is increase the volume with this increase in cals.... im on about 4000 cals and ive amped my sets up to 20 sets per body part..

keep it up Ron bud
    Thanks 300-, The goal was to gain 30lbs in six weeks, I did it in 3. Some days at around 4pm, and 4,000cal down the hatch, I'd have to lay down for a nap and would wake up drenched in an hour, but, I have five more days of it, to "stay the course"!

I'm thinking 4 weeks of just focusing on the weights I'm pushing around, trying to harden up and then 4 weeks of cutting. If I'm in a stable situation by then, Grow Like Hell, round II!

"Strong As Hell" starting this Sunday or Monday! Which be strength focused, with carb-cycling, around 4,000/day and little carb loading tricks on the weekends... stay tuned!

Originally Posted by Fuerza_M View Post
    hey mi amigo ,very good luck in the MT contest
    Thanks Fuerza, and thanks for stopping by this thread, good to see you here. I have to work this Saturday, But if you're down, next Saturday for sure!
    Last edited by Ronald A. Strahan; 04-08-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Ronald, that's a fantastic post! We all get down on ourselves when we try something and it produces different results that what we anticipate. The beauty in our mistakes is that it adds so much to our learning and knowledge, and without them, we would be so shallow and stupid. :P You are obviously neither, so take heart in this "Grow Like Hell" lesson of yours! Use the next several days to really think about what you want to accomplish in the next little while. Don't beat yourself up - you don't deserve that. Would you tell a cherished friend how much they suck after they make a mistake? I hope you have a really wonderful and powerful workout today! Enjoy your new strength that you built in the last three weeks!

Leaner...must.be.leaner. spldbtch's Avatar
    spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10) spldbtch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's been an interesting ride while following your Growing like hell program. I admire that you are able to self-analyse and do whatever needs to be done to get to your goal. Pity party is over and now is the time to shine. Good luck on the MT contest!