Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I want to bump this thread and thank Tommy. I tried this method and it relieved so much stress for my first show. I had no worries about my color which took a lot of pressure off so I could focus on more important things that day. Recommend this for anyone.
    No Excuses

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah bump x 2, this method is really great and keeps you from looking like a golden soft statue by rubbing a bunch in, like this one quack I saw at an NPC show
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT
    onwards and upwards; quality not quantity

contest prep thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113042811

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Snowy91 View Post
    I want to bump this thread and thank Tommy. I tried this method and it relieved so much stress for my first show. I had no worries about my color which took a lot of pressure off so I could focus on more important things that day. Recommend this for anyone.
    Awesome! I'm glad it helped! Every single client of mine loves this method, and their color is superb!

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

FigureAngel21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FigureAngel21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Sorry I 'bothered' you with a PM about this, but thank you for taking the time in sending me the link! I am going to practice this method before my 2nd show! I'll let you know how it goes & hopefully I WONT TURN GREEN like I did with Jan Tana. I just think my pH is off for that product. THANKS AGAIN! *Bump*
    Team Bombshell Athlete
    3x Top 10 National Level Competitor
    2010 NPC L.I. Overall Bikini Champion

"If somebody beats me, it's not because they outworked me." - Layne Norton

*~Angelique~*

ProTan Representative ProTan_Kevin's Avatar
    ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProTan_Kevin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lots of great advice here on how to get the proper tan. Many good products out in the market.

For the people using ProTan, we recommend that you rinse in between coats of our product. ProTan has a stain in it to help give you instant bronzing, that stain can form a small outer coating on your skin preventing future applications from working effectively. Rinsing in between coats will make the product work the way it was designed.

Dont forget ProTan's Quick bronze product, this is what we use when we are prepping athletes backstage at contests. After several properly applied coats of ProTan, Quick Bronze is added before you go on stage it has a some color to it and also contains a sheen. With quick bronze you require no oil since the product has a sheen. Produces amazing results.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry for the bump, but what happened to the pictures?
    Just a weight lifter

TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Going ahead and bumping this thread

- Plan on using DT2 (Red Bronze) in 2wks for my second show ever. 2 wks ago I used Jan Tana. Sprayed 4 coats total, and well I was happy with my color right after getting sprayed. It eventually started turning different color by the time I got to stage/started sweating.

Will update after I use DT

Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000) Crazyups is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yup, this was lifesaver for me on Saturday. Color was great!!

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So if you tend to sweat more than the average Joe is it recommended you have a few coats of pro tan in case you sweat a bit of the dream tan off?

Also does anyone here apply all the tanner themselves or do you realistically need someone to help you? My wife will be 20 weeks pregnant when my comps are on so would like to do it myself if possible!

_Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It would be almost impossible to do it yourself IMO ... you could do your lower half by yourself but once you get to your back, I don't see anyway you could do that lol
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheNaturalOak View Post
    Going ahead and bumping this thread

- Plan on using DT2 (Red Bronze) in 2wks for my second show ever. 2 wks ago I used Jan Tana. Sprayed 4 coats total, and well I was happy with my color right after getting sprayed. It eventually started turning different color by the time I got to stage/started sweating.

Will update after I use DT
    Update:

Although I didnt use all of the 2oz bottle, I dont think I applied the DT thick enough. My color was alright but definitely need to work with the application a little more, I became pretty blotchy but practice makes perfect. One thing is I did look nice an even after sleeping in it, and only wen I re-applied did I look wet/blotchy again.

Maybe I focused a little too much on the slapping and didnt rub it in hard enough FIRST.

Will try again next season though, going to get another 2oz bottle so I dont have to be sparing with it.

edit

One guy at the show said he applied his own DT... I didnt believe him & asked how did got his back, and he replied "I have long arms" again the guy definitely had a few screws lose & I just dont see how you can get a good spread on your back.

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So Oak you only used DT?

From what I gather you applied one coat the night before, then a touch up coat in the morning so two coats in total?

Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    In this thread, I am outlining the method that has been passed down to me from other great bodybuilders who ALWAYS have top notch color at their shows. When I used this method, I too received nothing but compliments on how good my color was. So here it is...

*This method will actually work just fine without a base tan or even without any coats of Pro Tan

*Two or three lighter coats, IMO, is better than one or two heavier coats

*Shower and shave the night before

*Once you put it on - let it dry. It will still be a little wet for a good 15-20 minutes after you apply it. I stood in front of a fan and it worked nicely to help dry it.

Now for the method:

Initially, it is ok to rub it a little bit to get started, but then you need to transition to the "beat it in method" before it dries. Just use an open palm and sort of slap it in. Make sure that the slapping hand does not have a lot of extra prodcut on it or you will make uneven marks that then require even more slapping. Too much rubbing/spreading will result in an uneven coat so resist the urge to do that. Like waxing a car, do a small area, finish it, then move to a new area. Do not try to apply the product to a large area all at once. Allow 15-30 minutes to do this so that you do not have to rush. Practice on a small area the week before so that you don't do this for the first time at the venue. But that's really the most effective way to get the product deep into the pores of the skin, so it looks even and won't smear everywhere. Again, open hand palm and smack it in. If you are doing it correctly, it should sting a little. The skin absorbs it so much better and it turns out very nice.

When you are ready to take it off - here is a trick. Buy a large cheap bottle of baby oil. Bring along a few small throw away towels. Rub the baby oil on heavy and let it soak in. (Stand on an old throw away towel as you may drip) Go back and rub it again. You will see the product dissolving with the oil. Take the towel and wipe off the color. Go back a second time if necessary. Turn the towel frequently to a new clean section. This will take 90% of the color off before you get in the shower and wash off the rest. If you do this in about 30 minutes you can be 95% tanner free, but there will be a little residual red on your skin. Do not put on your best light colored clothing afterwards or it may be stained forever. I bring brown clothes and brown socks to wear for the first day afterward. It is also normal for your joints (elbows, ankles, etc) to hang on to the color more than other areas.

For the face and hands, what worked really well for me was a blend of lotion and Dream Tan. Just put a little lotion in your hand, then Dream Tan, then mik them together and apply the same way (except smack much lighter lol). This gave my face a nice even blend...wasn't too dark and wasn't too light.

*If you do the clean-up at the host hotel, clean up your mess in the bathroom shower afterward. If you tick off the hotel management the next year the promoter may have a hard time finding a host hotel/venue.

*Same thing with sleeping on thier sheets. Be courteous and bring an old sheet to lay over the good ones so that you don't leave the bedding ruined when you leave.

*Also, buy one extra container. It will keep until the next year if you seal it up, and it is always better to have extra then to run short.

*Bring some wet wipes to wipe off the parts of the interior of your car that you will touch and get tanner on, especially if you have a light colored interior. It is also a good idea to sit on a large towel to prevent most accidental contact.

I really like Dream Tan #2. I especially like the fact that I don't have to put it on until the morning of the show (when I put on my first coat in the early AM) and that an hour after I get back to my room after the evening show I am all cleaned up.

Hope that helps...any questions, just drop them here and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Sporto
    Subbed for later...thanks Sporto

KeepITGucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Sporto,
    I've been reading a lot of your comments and this write up you did as well. I'm thinking Dream Tan is the best option to go with...
    I see you just said to apply 2-3 light coats of the red bronze #2 early on the Day of the comp and then touch up again prior to prejudging.
    So would one 2oz bottle be enough for one competition or should i buy two to be safe?
    And i was also wondering if you had any experience with the Dream Tan Professional Self Tanning Spray or the Vazkulizer? And if so would they be essential to purchase as well.
    Thanks.

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KeepIT***** View Post
    So would one 2oz bottle be enough for one competition or should i buy two to be safe?
    Personally I get 2 shows out of 1 jar. You would have to be VERY liberal to use the whole jar for 1 show.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

KeepITGucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    Personally I get 2 shows out of 1 jar. You would have to be VERY liberal to use the whole jar for 1 show.
    Awesome thanks bro!

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

THE tanning application thread. Bumping for the season!

Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anynody have an opinion on what to use for those shows that ban DT ????????
    Getting stage ready with the help of Alberto Nunez and 3DMJ !!!!

April 13, 2013 - UFE Spring Bash

April 21, 2013 - IDFA Novice Classic

Follow the journey at; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151186213

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Step Beyond View Post
    Does anynody have an opinion on what to use for those shows that ban DT ????????
    I've heard of some guys contacting the promoter and asking if they can apply it before they get to the show. I'm guessing they just go outside if they need to touch up.

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No one has mentioned to paint your face two shades lighter, so u don't end up with monkey lips. I do the jan Tana or protan base the night before, but don't paint my face. When applying dream tan to your body the morning of the show, also put it on very lightly on your face. doesn't take much to look even.

And for all coats, go lighter on the elbows and knees, or they will look a lot darker than the rest of you as the skin folds and accumulates more pigment...
    The Best is Yet to Come!

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KnowstheSky View Post
    No one has mentioned to paint your face two shades lighter, so u don't end up with monkey lips. I do the jan Tana or protan base the night before, but don't paint my face. When applying dream tan to your body the morning of the show, also put it on very lightly on your face. doesn't take much to look even.

And for all coats, go lighter on the elbows and knees, or they will look a lot darker than the rest of you as the skin folds and accumulates more pigment...
    Ken,

I discuss the face and hands in the original post - do a half and half mixture of dream tan and lotion...gives you the couple shades lighter look you mention and doesn't streak if you sweat.

Sporto

woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ken,

I discuss the face and hands in the original post - do a half and half mixture of dream tan and lotion...gives you the couple shades lighter look you mention and doesn't streak if you sweat.

Sporto
    Hey Tommy! I've finally committed to doing Dream Tan for my upcoming show in 7.5 weeks. Especially since my coach is flying up for it and he's experienced in applying it. My question is, is doing the Protan coats and rinsing before going to make much of a difference? I mean if it's going to improve my color I'm all for it lol!
    IFPA Natural Pro bodybuilder

ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In this thread, I am outlining the method that has been passed down to me from other great bodybuilders who ALWAYS have top notch color at their shows. When I used this method, I too received nothing but compliments on how good my color was. So here it is...

*This method will actually work just fine without a base tan or even without any coats of Pro Tan

*Two or three lighter coats, IMO, is better than one or two heavier coats

*Shower and shave the night before

*Once you put it on - let it dry. It will still be a little wet for a good 15-20 minutes after you apply it. I stood in front of a fan and it worked nicely to help dry it.

Now for the method:

Initially, it is ok to rub it a little bit to get started, but then you need to transition to the "beat it in method" before it dries. Just use an open palm and sort of slap it in. Make sure that the slapping hand does not have a lot of extra prodcut on it or you will make uneven marks that then require even more slapping. Too much rubbing/spreading will result in an uneven coat so resist the urge to do that. Like waxing a car, do a small area, finish it, then move to a new area. Do not try to apply the product to a large area all at once. Allow 15-30 minutes to do this so that you do not have to rush. Practice on a small area the week before so that you don't do this for the first time at the venue. But that's really the most effective way to get the product deep into the pores of the skin, so it looks even and won't smear everywhere. Again, open hand palm and smack it in. If you are doing it correctly, it should sting a little. The skin absorbs it so much better and it turns out very nice.

When you are ready to take it off - here is a trick. Buy a large cheap bottle of baby oil. Bring along a few small throw away towels. Rub the baby oil on heavy and let it soak in. (Stand on an old throw away towel as you may drip) Go back and rub it again. You will see the product dissolving with the oil. Take the towel and wipe off the color. Go back a second time if necessary. Turn the towel frequently to a new clean section. This will take 90% of the color off before you get in the shower and wash off the rest. If you do this in about 30 minutes you can be 95% tanner free, but there will be a little residual red on your skin. Do not put on your best light colored clothing afterwards or it may be stained forever. I bring brown clothes and brown socks to wear for the first day afterward. It is also normal for your joints (elbows, ankles, etc) to hang on to the color more than other areas.

For the face and hands, what worked really well for me was a blend of lotion and Dream Tan. Just put a little lotion in your hand, then Dream Tan, then mik them together and apply the same way (except smack much lighter lol). This gave my face a nice even blend...wasn't too dark and wasn't too light.

*If you do the clean-up at the host hotel, clean up your mess in the bathroom shower afterward. If you tick off the hotel management the next year the promoter may have a hard time finding a host hotel/venue.

*Same thing with sleeping on thier sheets. Be courteous and bring an old sheet to lay over the good ones so that you don't leave the bedding ruined when you leave.

*Also, buy one extra container. It will keep until the next year if you seal it up, and it is always better to have extra then to run short.

*Bring some wet wipes to wipe off the parts of the interior of your car that you will touch and get tanner on, especially if you have a light colored interior. It is also a good idea to sit on a large towel to prevent most accidental contact.

I really like Dream Tan #2. I especially like the fact that I don't have to put it on until the morning of the show (when I put on my first coat in the early AM) and that an hour after I get back to my room after the evening show I am all cleaned up.

Hope that helps...any questions, just drop them here and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Sporto
    Thanks this was helpful as I'm considering using #2 this time around after giving it a go with the other colour!
    Personal Trainer and WBFF Pro Classic Physique

***FOLLOW***
    IG @jonkassian

Offering Online Training, program design, and consultations
    ----->>kvfitn3ss@gmail.com<<------

Mention Misc and get discount

Originally Posted by woofman81 View Post
    Hey Tommy! I've finally committed to doing Dream Tan for my upcoming show in 7.5 weeks. Especially since my coach is flying up for it and he's experienced in applying it. My question is, is doing the Protan coats and rinsing before going to make much of a difference? I mean if it's going to improve my color I'm all for it lol!
    IMO, no...I don't think it helps at all. If anything, the Pro Tan in the pores takes away from the ability to smack the Dream Tan in the pores, making it harder for it to set in the skin and not become runny or messy.

Brian Whitacre is white as a ghost until the day of the show and his color is spot on every time

Sporto

woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO, no...I don't think it helps at all. If anything, the Pro Tan in the pores takes away from the ability to smack the Dream Tan in the pores, making it harder for it to set in the skin and not become runny or messy.

Brian Whitacre is white as a ghost until the day of the show and his color is spot on every time

Sporto
    Just the answer I was looking for Thanks Tommy!!
    IFPA Natural Pro bodybuilder

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bump for those with shows coming up soon. 'Tis the season.

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Bump for those with shows coming up soon. 'Tis the season.
    Good call!

Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000) Logie_Bear is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heard of several competitiors this year with excellent color doing a thick coat the night before sleeping in sweats and then doing touchups before show with a little baby oil mixed in. Everyones thoughts on this?

Originally Posted by Logie_Bear View Post
    Heard of several competitiors this year with excellent color doing a thick coat the night before sleeping in sweats and then doing touchups before show with a little baby oil mixed in. Everyones thoughts on this?
    I believe Red_Cat (who posted above) mentioned this in his contest prep log as well. That is his plan I think. Will be interested to see how it works out for him. I've only used Pro Tan only myself but am planning on giving DT a shot once I get back on stage