psdevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ergopharm GF Pro contains cow blood? yummie

So I've read nothing but positive things about gf pro as a supplement, but decided to research the spray dried plasma ingredient.

Turns out it's blood collected from slaughterhouses, then spray dried and put in everyone's beloved protein shake... say whaaat?

Usually, this "Spray dried bovine serum plasma" is fed to pigs and baby calves.

I usually try to stay away from 'crazy' supplements, and I'm not sure I'm going to be buying GF Pro anytime soon. Looking up the ingredients is like taking a science course.

We got "Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)
    "Results of clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of IGF-1 in type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes showed great promise in reducing hemoglobin A1C levels, as well as daily insulin consumption. However, the sponsor, Genentech, discontinued the program due to an exacerbation of diabetic retinopathy in patients "

So... pharm companies are testing this on diabetics and its causing them to go blind? Oh... that sounds like something I'd like to take...hmm. This just got approved by the FDA in 2005, and is an approved drug to be given to short kids as a growth hormone...

Lil bit of "Transforming growth factor, beta 1, also known as TGFB1, a human gene"
    And some "lactoferrin."

I'd love some intellectual scientific responses, but I figured others would be interested since this product gets so much attention on here.

shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shefler29 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my gf pro doesn't contain any plasma. it does have fructooligosaccharides.

psdevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shefler29 View Post
    my gf pro doesn't contain any plasma. it does have fructooligosaccharides.
    interesting response...

At bb.com the plasma is listed in the description, but you're right, not in the ingredient list...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/gf.html

However, it's listed as an ingredient pretty much everywhere else...
    http://www.cheapvitamins.com/Product/Gf-Pro.aspx
    http://www.********************tore....e=pp&sptype=gg
    http://www.luckyvitamin.com/733428000429.html

So I dunno what to say. Seeing as how Ergopharm has an entire scientific explanation of the 'bovine serum' on their website... I'm assuming bb.com is mistaken. Or are there multiple versions of this product?

Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hypertrophik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by psdevere View Post
    interesting response...

At bb.com the plasma is listed in the description, but you're right, not in the ingredient list...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/gf.html

However, it's listed as an ingredient pretty much everywhere else...
    http://www.cheapvitamins.com/Product/Gf-Pro.aspx
    http://www.********************tore....e=pp&sptype=gg
    http://www.luckyvitamin.com/733428000429.html

So I dunno what to say. Seeing as how Ergopharm has an entire scientific explanation of the 'bovine serum' on their website... I'm assuming bb.com is mistaken. Or are there multiple versions of this product?
    The Spray Dried Bovine Plasma was dropped and replaced with aminogen and fructooligosaccharides in GF-Pro v2.

Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is the reason I never tried this product

Location: Come visit Asia!, S'pore, M'sia, HK, Taipei, Bangkok, HCM City, Malaysia
    Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't see a problem using GF pro.
    When you eat medium cooked beef steak, it is still some bloody.

why not eat GF pro

Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Patrick Arnold is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by psdevere View Post
    So I've read nothing but positive things about gf pro as a supplement, but decided to research the spray dried plasma ingredient.

Turns out it's blood collected from slaughterhouses, then spray dried and put in everyone's beloved protein shake... say whaaat?

Usually, this "Spray dried bovine serum plasma" is fed to pigs and baby calves.

I usually try to stay away from 'crazy' supplements, and I'm not sure I'm going to be buying GF Pro anytime soon. Looking up the ingredients is like taking a science course.

We got "Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)
    "Results of clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of IGF-1 in type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes showed great promise in reducing hemoglobin A1C levels, as well as daily insulin consumption. However, the sponsor, Genentech, discontinued the program due to an exacerbation of diabetic retinopathy in patients "

So... pharm companies are testing this on diabetics and its causing them to go blind? Oh... that sounds like something I'd like to take...hmm. This just got approved by the FDA in 2005, and is an approved drug to be given to short kids as a growth hormone...

Lil bit of "Transforming growth factor, beta 1, also known as TGFB1, a human gene"
    And some "lactoferrin."

I'd love some intellectual scientific responses, but I figured others would be interested since this product gets so much attention on here.

this stuff is not in our protein anymore

we do sell it at giant nutrition in capsules under the name immunolin though

a good place for information on this stuff is

http://www.proliantinc.com/health/pr.../ImmunoLin.asp

iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    this stuff is not in our protein anymore

we do sell it at giant nutrition in capsules under the name immunolin though

a good place for information on this stuff is

http://www.proliantinc.com/health/pr.../ImmunoLin.asp
    If I'm not mistaken the immunolin helps with protein synthesis right?

Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Farang View Post
    I don't see a problem using GF pro.
    When you eat medium cooked beef steak, it is still some bloody.

why not eat GF pro
    I wouldnt eat that either, just personal preference.

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by peteypab View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the immunolin helps with protein synthesis right?

In a way.

It is very beneficial for recovery and your immune system. I use the capsules now that it's not in GF-Pro.

-Spaz

iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000) iForce_Pete is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    In a way.

It is very beneficial for recovery and your immune system. I use the capsules now that it's not in GF-Pro.

-Spaz
    What similar to L-Glutamine, being it has those same attributes?

A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think P. Arnold was on the right track with that stuff...

Protein Serum is the isolated IGF-1 and other immunoglobulin taken from the blood plasma of healthy, young beef cattle. Protein Serum is eight times stronger than whey protein isolate, making it the strongest protein source ever developed with health benefits no other can lay claim to. This product has the smell and taste of rich chocolate with over 60 studies conducted by legitimate third-party research facilities that have repeatedly shown Protein Serum can provide significant health benefits to your heart, muscles, immune system, body composition and body chemistry. You will feel Protein Serum do more for your body than any nutritional supplement you have ever tried, period. The protein is just a bonus and as the name Protein Serum implies, ?The Serum is in the Protein.?

Q: What can Protein Serum do for you?
    A: Tone and Lose Body Fat at Record Pace!
    On a calorie reduced diet, Protein Serum allows your body to tone and lose body fat at record pace. Typically when you diet and lower calories below what is required to maintain your current weight, your body thinks you?re starving and significantly reduces its natural production of immunoglobulin. This causes body fat loss and your overall metabolism to slow dramatically. If you do lose body weight, the catabolic state your body falls into will cause you to lose muscle much faster than body fat because body fat is your body?s most valuable source of stored energy and means of survival. Supplementing with Protein Serum while reducing calories puts your body in an anabolic state opposite to the catabolic state it falls into when it thinks you?re starving. An anabolic state combined with reduced calories allows lean muscle to be maintained and significantly greater muscle tone to be achieved because stored body fat is used as your primary source of energy.

A: Build Muscle Quickly and Easily!
    Combined with weight training, Protein Serum allows you to build muscle quickly and easily. In addition to being eight times stronger than whey protein isolate, Protein Serum is far more bio-available because it is the only protein source that does not require high temperatures for raw material to be made. This means the un-altered amino acid sequences found in Protein Serum are far more digestible than those found in whey protein isolate, not to mention far stronger with eight times more IGF-1 and other immunoglobulin. This leads to a significant increase in your level of protein synthesis and nitrogen retention that allows your body to use more of the protein you eat and allows it to remain usable for a longer period of time. This puts your body in the most anabolic state it has ever been in. The only two times in your life that your body has had elevated levels of immunoglobulin was if you were breast fed as an infant and when your body transitioned from adolescence to adulthood. It takes a healthy adult approximately one full day for their body to produce the amount of immunoglobulin that is made available within just six hours of having a scoop of Protein Serum.

A: Additional Benefits:
    One scoop of Protein Serum gives you twice as much natural energy over the course of your day because your body has to work half as hard for you to maintain good health. Protein Serum helps you achieve deeper sleep because your body?s natural production of immunoglobulin is highest when you rest. The immunoglobulin found in Protein Serum are similar to the immunoglobulin the hypothalamus of your brain produces to support the receptor sites on your cells that are responsible for absorbing the nutrients your body needs. Unfortunately, the nutrients your cells need have to compete with the chemicals produced in response to every emotion you feel. Over time, receptor sites will develop a growing preference for the chemicals that have attached to them before, making nutrients less and less capable of being absorbed. Having higher levels of immunoglobulin in your body increases the number of receptor sites on your cells and improves your body chemistry by reducing competition between the chemical by-products of your emotions and the nutrients your body needs to survive. Protein Serum is very diabetic-friendly with only one gram of sugar and just four grams of net impact carbohydrates per serving along with a high molecular weight that makes it digest more slowly. Protein Serum is dairy-free and therefore lactose free, however greater bone density can be achieved through an increase in the body?s ability to absorb calcium.
    Are You Seeing the "1111"s?

Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caiolgn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is this "Protein Serum" the same as "Super Plasma Protein" that is in Protein Factory's Hydrodipeptide and Super Plasma Protein?
    It's damn expensive though..

A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50) A1N1G1E1L will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that's the Body Genie write-up..
    Are You Seeing the "1111"s?

brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    edit - bad quoting skills...
    Last edited by Midnight_Lifter; 03-21-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I lol'd at this thread.

ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    I lol'd at this thread.
    i lol'd at your picture
    This is the God
    This is the Gun
    One is for killing
    One is for fun

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ericpeavey View Post
    i lol'd at your picture
    Uhh, congrats

TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrechGV7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not a big deal to me. I take Uni-Liver so I'm in no position to judge. Dried cow blood doesn't bother me if there's benefits lol. Not that I'm going to even look into that...