Thread: ab workouts...

chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chipmunk77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ab workouts...

is it ok to work your abs everyday? im looking for a weekly ab routine...ive tried almost everything but havent really seen the results i want...i no diet is an important part....i need help both with the exercises and the diet....

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Abs are like any other muscle and can be overworked. A couple of times a week of a good ab program and a decent diet will get what you're looking for.
    Here's a nice little ab program. But I'd wouldn't do this more than a couple of times a week.

hanging leg raises - knees bent if you have to - better with straight legs - 4 sets of 15
    Reverse Decline Crunches - lie on decline ab bench, head at the top holding onto the bars, kick up your heels towards the ceiling - 4 x 15-20
    cable crunches - 4 x 15-20

I think this is a pretty hard ab routine so adjust it to fit your fitness level.
    Good luck!
    National Competitor

Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sambakitten is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    Abs are like any other muscle and can be overworked. A couple of times a week of a good ab program and a decent diet will get what you're looking for.
    Here's a nice little ab program. But I'd wouldn't do this more than a couple of times a week.

hanging leg raises - knees bent if you have to - better with straight legs - 4 sets of 15
    Reverse Decline Crunches - lie on decline ab bench, head at the top holding onto the bars, kick up your heels towards the ceiling - 4 x 15-20
    cable crunches - 4 x 15-20

I think this is a pretty hard ab routine so adjust it to fit your fitness level.
    Good luck!
    I agree completely. Remember, muscles grow when they are repairing, not when they're being worked. You have to give your abs off days in order to see gains.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tend to train either abs or calves after every other workout, not to be confused with every other day. Adding some weighted movements like the cable crunches suggested above can help, but do not do weighted oblique training. Personally, I don't have abs until I am quite low BF, though I do have oblique lines/outline of abs. There are top level FBB that don't get their abs in until a week or 2 from competition. Genetics play a huge role.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    but do not do weighted oblique training. .
    I agree! I haven't done obliques in a couple of years. And I still have nice obliques!
    National Competitor